Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Is duststorm a woman? For shame! What would Paul say to such an uppity woman who dares discuss Christian ideology? She must defer to her husband or male relative!
Yes, and she has said several times that women are not to teach men. But then she teaches men. Revealing, isn't it?

These people don't really believe anything they tell you they believe. They are here to condemn and be holier-than-thou (in their own minds, certainly in no one else's) and preach that which they know absolutely nothing about.

But it helps the cause, so I'm not going to complain.

“Hello Darlings!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
So *you* decide which parts of "god's word" are god's word, and which parts aren't?
Interesting.
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>wasuup is right...the Old Testament was written also so that we could learn from the mistakes of the Israelites, which usually involved disobedience.
The strict food, dress, worship, societal laws were for the Jews at that time.
But even Paul, a Pharisee of Pharisee, could not keep all the law.
The "bible," as it is commonly know and advertised by christians--the *entire* bible--is either "god's infallible word," or it is not.

Can't have it both ways.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Women should not teach or preach or usurp authority from the men within the structure of the church, defined as the body of believers, not a bldg. They may teach children, other women, or teenagers.
Topix is out in the world, on the street corner, and not the same setting as a church. Besides, Skombolis asked my opinion on a passage of the Bible which some may misconstrue as being opposed to "once aved, always saved.
I knew you'd have an excuse to do whatever you like.

Thank you for proving that you do not really believe any of the clap-trap you say you believe.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Women should not teach or preach or usurp authority from the men within the structure of the church, defined as the body of believers, not a bldg. They may teach children, other women, or teenagers.
Topix is out in the world, on the street corner, and not the same setting as a church. Besides, Skombolis asked my opinion on a passage of the Bible which some may misconstrue as being opposed to "once aved, always saved.
By the way, this is not an assembly of believers. Look at the title. And, you are still teaching to the men who are assembled here. You've done it with several of them over time.

It's about time for another Christian to tell you how it really is. You know, like on April 4.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you think Jesus was falsely accused, tried illegally at night, flayed, spat upon, nailed to a cross, then descended into hell to gain the victory over death and hell and sin and was risen from the dead?
You mean, according to popular *myth.*

Christians can't even decide which parts of their rule book they're going to obey, and which parts they won't.

Since: Jul 08

Wadsworth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Lets see do I believe it to be holy word of God, Or do I believe ol Liam a pal of mine on topix????? Sorry Liam Im gonna believe my bible and my sunday school class, and my preacher...
Bro. Clownie
Doesn't matter what you believe, clown.

What matters is fact.

Fact: That text was not written by Paul.

Sucks to be a Christian, huh?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

On April 4 when you were preaching and teaching to a CHRISTIAN man. Hahaha. Gotta love the delusions of fundies.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Lets see do I believe it to be holy word of God, Or do I believe ol Liam a pal of mine on topix????? Sorry Liam Im gonna believe my bible and my sunday school class, and my preacher...
Bro. Clownie
you are very confused poor clown

whom you believe at end:
Bible,God, in sunday school,or your preacher,?

you got to many gods maestro clownie Bo Gu

Wadsworth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Chess Jurist wrote:
you are lying.
OK. I'm at Gallo's.

Karen typed that.

But I stand by it.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Chess Jurist wrote:
you are lying.
you too

2 liars always is better for you and him

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>They just don't get it duststorm.. they are blind
Translation: "Fuck the non-believers, we're forgiven so we can do whatever the fuck we want."
Rosa Winkel

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> I know Australians take note of news in America. I don't think many of them care enough to make jokes about President Obama. In fact, most foreigners like him. Most foreigners (in 1st world countries) don't like the extremist Christians in this country. they see them as backward and as dangerous as those who flew planes into buildings in NY.
I like Obama. And not only because he's a black fella in the White House.
American fundies r a headache, true. But we also have homegrown ones, which aren't taken so seriously.
We don't suffer religious fools gladly, probably coz of the abuses back in convict days.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Many are the woes of the wicked, but the Lord's unfailing love surrounds the man who trusts in him" (Psa. 32:10). I trust in the Lord
Shove your middle finger back up your ass.

Wadsworth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
you too
2 liars always is better for you and him
2 liars *are* better, Dilbert.

“Cleaning Up Christianity ”

Since: Jan 13

Topix Badlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Senecus pointed me this direction. Now I understand what he meant concerning the stench of the alleged believers. So Shrink, why are you no longer a Christian?

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hmm.
What the "New Covenant", per Jesus, says about homosexuality:
"..."
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
sin is sin, mac, that idea didn't go away with the new covenant.
Except for when you lie to everyone on this thread, or when you steal from your boss, of course. That's no longer a "sin" because your jeebus forgive you.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text> but, like all sin, homosexuality is a sin that can be forgiven through the sacrafice of Christ.
So your lying and stealing *are* forgiven.

Attention all gays and bisesuals: Let's all beg for forgiveness, secure in the knowledge that we are no more required to change our behavior than aaasssuuup is.
duststorm

League City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, and she has said several times that women are not to teach men. But then she teaches men. Revealing, isn't it?
These people don't really believe anything they tell you they believe. They are here to condemn and be holier-than-thou (in their own minds, certainly in no one else's) and preach that which they know absolutely nothing about.
But it helps the cause, so I'm not going to complain.
"it helps the cause"? What cause would that be, pray tell? The noble WaterNymph cause of standing in the way of lost men coming to Christ? The misguided casting of doubt on God's word with the aim of sending them to hell for all eternity?
You are heaping up wrath against the day of judgment.
duststorm

League City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation: "Fuck the non-believers, we're forgiven so we can do whatever the fuck we want."
You get way off track, don't you, Annie?

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you feel free to live under the condemnation of the old jewish law, but as for me, i'll accept the fulfillment of it through the Lord Jesus Christ;)
So you are stating that the Old Testament is NOT part of the "Infallible Word of God."
duststorm

League City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. 2 Timothy is one of the forged Pauline letters, written by someone who wanted to use Paul's name to support his own ideas.
"Forged Pauline letters"? Laughable.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

441 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Michael 532,630
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Aura Mytha 224,110
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 11 min MUQ1 36,504
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 19 min It aint necessarily so 720,676
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 20 min Aura Mytha 256,454
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 26 min ChromiuMan 5,230
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 32 min Epiphany2 599,065
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 49 min Clearwater 172,345
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 1 hr bbbbbb 73
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 8 hr Larry 122
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000