“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#437870 Jan 23, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
So is eating shellfish, wearing polycotton blend and picking up sticks on Saturday.
I haven't heard you complain about people doing that.
Funny that, huh?
A preacher hasn't told him to hate people who eat shellfish, wear cotton or pick up kindling..... yet.

Some of the "Laws" had nothing to do with spiritual matters and were purely economic and political rules... that's why it is called religion.

The anti-gay comments in the OT were probably more anti-helinism than anti-gay.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#437871 Jan 23, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>The bible tells me you don't understand the holy word of God.. this I understand..
Bro. Clownie
Please prove that the Bible is the word of God.

Muslims say the exact same thing about the Quran.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#437872 Jan 23, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Wait, you're Catholic and claim not to be a robot? Bwahahahahaha.
“The word of the Lord.”........Thanks be to God.”
“We bless ourselves for prayer in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit”........."Amen. "
The rest of the call and response is the most delusional, robotic mess I have ever witnessed. It's worse than the Pentecostal chicken dance.
I don't think engaging in traditional prayers makes one a robot, that is just silly. Are you a robot when you sing the National anthem or say the Pledge of Allegiance?

I am not sure the animus since the few times i have posted to you I have done so respectfully and have chosen not to reply to some previous antagonistic posts. But that is an issue for you to work out, it isn't my problem nor do I wish to make it mine

(T) Peace
zimitra

Winchester, KY

#437873 Jan 23, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a Jew, The Temple doesn't exist and I believe that Jesus was the final offering (not sacrifice)ending the need for a Temple or
Read the Bible and learn history. The first is useless without the latter.
I AM the temple

1 Corinthians 3:16
Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

2 Corinthians 6:16
And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

tonight, i'm wide awake

Genesis 2:7
And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
Huh

Bedford, TX

#437874 Jan 23, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>London, KY witches covens abound.
Witches are imaginary, silly, and the word was mistranslated from poisoners of wells, anyway.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#437875 Jan 23, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Wait, you're Catholic and claim not to be a robot? Bwahahahahaha.
“The word of the Lord.”........Thanks be to God.”
“We bless ourselves for prayer in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit”........."Amen. "
The rest of the call and response is the most delusional, robotic mess I have ever witnessed. It's worse than the Pentecostal chicken dance.
lol - hon, were you made to sit thru a lot of pentecostal 'chicken dances' in your youth; is that your 'why i'm mad at God' marilyn manson-like story?

while it may have been an unreasonable way to spend your youth, it was not God's fault:)
Huh

Bedford, TX

#437876 Jan 23, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>My lack of understanding of the Bible does not mean it is inconsistent. A few years ago, the tomb of Caiaphas was found in Jerusalem, proving the Bible's veracity on one more point.
You were fooled by the scam artist Jacobovici? Is there no depth to how easily you are fooled to fulfill your confirmation bias?

Location hidden

#437877 Jan 23, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Great verses. Hebrews 6:4-6 It is impossible for me, duststorm, who was once enlightened at the age of 9, and myself having tasted of the heavenly gift of salvation bestowed upon me, and I was at that second indwelled with the Holy Spirit, who promised never to leave me or forsake me, and I have also tasted of the wonderful truths of God's word, and seen the power of God in my life and others, If I fall away, which I have fallen away, on a daily basis most often, for myself to be renewed to repentance AGAIN, seeing that I would have to effectively crucify the Lord of Glory afresh, and put him to an open shame. Obviously, I do not have the power to re-crucify the Lord Jesus every time I sin. It is a cosmic impossibility.
As T-town Clown quoted, "It is finished", Jesus words from the cross.
Perhaps a refresher course in English and the use of commas would be in order?

Hebrews 6:4-6
“For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.”

It isn't saying it is impossible to fall away. It is saying it is impossible for those who fall away to renewed again unto repentance. In other words there is a point in which one falls away past the point of no return.

This can happen for example if one blasphemies the Holy Spirit or even what Paul says in his letter to Timothy:

2Timothy 2:12
if we endure, we will also reign with him. If we disown him, he will also disown us;

But disregarding commas and changing one verse around still leaves you with dozens upon dozens of verses that say the same thing:

Just one more for example about returning to the world:

2Peter 2:20-22
For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

If you return to the world and a life of sin you are no longer covered by the sacrifice. However most do not fall away to the point of being beyond redemption. Most would fall under the following:

James 5:19-20
"My brothers if anyone among you wonders from the truth and someone brings him back, let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins"

The same message is found by every author of the NT.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#437878 Jan 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Why conclude on your own what you THINK "it is finished" means instead of taking direction straight from the Bible?
Romans 13:8
Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law.
Romans 2:13
For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.
And this what Jesus had to say AFTER he died and rose again:
Matthew 28
19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them ina the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
And what were some of the things he commanded of us?
Luke 10
27 He answered,“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’ and,‘Love your neighbor as yourself.” 28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied.“Do this and you will live.”
With all due respect either you think the teachings of Jesus still apply today, since He tells us in the Bible the Father will send the Holy Spirit to remind us of what He taught and even after He died and rose again he said to make sure people obeyed all he commanded, or you do not.
Taking a verse as ambiguous as "it is finished", which to me seems more likely he was talking about the sacrifice, but either way to one verse and use it to discard everything Jesus taught makes no sense to me. Not when we have the actual words and don't need to guess. Anyway, JMO
i agree that the law and commandments are good, but if you're trusting in your ability to keep than rather than in the finished work of Christ on the cross; good luck with that!

"this is the work of God, that you believe on the One whom He sent" Jesus
Huh

Bedford, TX

#437879 Jan 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think engaging in traditional prayers makes one a robot, that is just silly. Are you a robot when you sing the National anthem or say the Pledge of Allegiance?
I am not sure the animus since the few times i have posted to you I have done so respectfully and have chosen not to reply to some previous antagonistic posts. But that is an issue for you to work out, it isn't my problem nor do I wish to make it mine
(T) Peace
It is robotic call and response by the sheep to the pedophile, nothing more. What you think about it doesn't change that.

Yes, when children are forced to recite the pledge to a flag every morning are being robotic. There is nothing antagonistic about pointing out that your people act like robots. It's just the truth. You disrespect me and yourself with your immoral belief system, yours especially, that harbors child rapists.
jipijkam

Winchester, KY

#437880 Jan 23, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>He knows you do not understand with the enlightenment of the Holy Spirit, since you are not yet saved. So you read/study the Bible in the flesh, and are still lacking the wisdom and understanding which the Holy Spirit would provide you.
After you are born again, you will read it with different eyes and a different mind. Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus.
salvation: enlightenment

Psalm 97:4
His lightnings enlightened the world: the earth saw, and trembled.

shaking, quaking, dancing on the hills of bashon

Psalm 68:15

King James Version (KJV)

15 The hill of God is as the hill of Bashan; an high hill as the hill of Bashan.

Matthew 24:27
For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

7 I charge you, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, by the roes, and by the hinds of the field, that ye stir not up, nor awake my love, till he please.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#437881 Jan 23, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Bwahahahahahaha. Hey, look, another violent Christian. Another Internet Tough Guy. You people sicken me.
oh i was just mess'n around, huh. you hafta admit that guy is way out there.....;)
Huh

Bedford, TX

#437882 Jan 23, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
lol - hon, were you made to sit thru a lot of pentecostal 'chicken dances' in your youth; is that your 'why i'm mad at God' marilyn manson-like story?
while it may have been an unreasonable way to spend your youth, it was not God's fault:)
Nope, not mad at your imaginary friend. I am disgusted by your and your religion, though. Not a Pentacostal. I have seen it as an adult, and laughed. Like I laugh at you. I have no parallels with Manson, like you have parallels with that other Manson. You know nothing about me yet create these lies. That makes you abjectly evil and eminently stupid.

Of course it wasn't your pocket god's fault. It's a figment of your imagination.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#437883 Jan 23, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Not your IQ.
"Sarah"??? i llloooovvve that name! it was my grandmother's:)

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#437884 Jan 23, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
unbelievers and their causes are like vapors in every generation; here for a minute, there for a minute....BUT the testimony of Christ has continued for 2,000+ years and will continue literally till KINGDOM COME!
get on board while the get'n is good and don't be like them dorks of noah's day:)
So what...Atheism is older than christianity so by those standards Atheism wins by default.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#437885 Jan 23, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah. Prisons are proof of that. Nearly 80% of all prisoners in this country claim Christianity when they ENTER prison and fill out the forms. And don't go with that stupid 'they're not real Christians' stuff either. They are a Christian just like you because they believe in the same Jesus/God you do. That's all it takes to be a Christian...claim belief in Jesus as your savior. No other requirements.
Fundies certainly didn't touch the ground of a higher learning institutes, that's for sure.
You possess nothing, Clownie. Walking onto the ground of a public building does not make it yours. Walking onto the ground of your neighbor's house does not make it yours. Walking onto a playground for children does not make it yours. Walking into a church does not make it yours. Mostly, the churches belong to banks because they are heavily mortgaged and therefore do not belong to the minister or members.
You mortgage your souls for a place to meet and call it yours. You walk all over people and claim that which does not belong to you. It is one of the major wrongdoings of church members. Jesus said 'go sell all you have and give to the poor, then come and follow me.' Therefore, you think being poor is a virtue. It's not, and that's not what the verse intended. But you do not follow Jesus in any way. You claim that which you don't own while the greed in your hearts to have what others have eats you alive, breaking the
10th commandment at every turn.
To say that you own every place your foot falls is the most ridiculous of claims, but you try to make it so by force.
Be deluded all you wish. People are finally awakening to the evil that is fundamentalist extremism and fighting back. You want their signs removed but want the right to put up your own. You want their thoughts removed from schools while wanting your own to predominate. You want science and math and anything else that has led mankind out of the dark ages to be removed and replaced by the same dark ages bs that caused millions of people to die at the hands of religious extremists. No more! Never again! Too many people are not on your side now.
By the way, the Muslims think the same thing as you...that they own every place where their foot falls. One of these days, you'll fight them again for the top dog position. And you'll fight them on your own soil the way things are proceeding. People like you and dusty pay so much attention to the small percentage of atheists/agnostics that you don't see what's happening in your own country. You don't see the takeover of Christianity by Islam. That's because they're better at fooling the already deluded Christians than you are. They come teaching peace. The only problem is that they have a gun to use on you if you won't believe and stones to kill your daughters. They are already calling for Sharia law in this country, but you're little piss-fits over atheism makes you deaf to a threat much greater.
First, educate yourself on your own religion. Then, abide by the things Jesus said. Forget Paul. His teachings are too close to Islam. Then, arm yourself for the battle surely to come. You want armageddon thinking that you'll be miraculously taken out of this world. What you will get is either a battle against Islam in which you win, or Sharia law for yourself and others. You won't do well with the latter, I assure you..
somebody done got obsessive.......
uraeus

Winchester, KY

#437886 Jan 23, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>London, KY witches covens abound.
rev 8(infinitude):1 when the child(lamb) opened the seventh seal there was harpocrates in heaven for half an hour

HARPOCRATES, a very ancient god of the Egyptians, was symbolized by the serpent. He is generally represented with his left hand on a staff, surmounted by a cornucopia: round the staff is twined a serpent 1. He is the god of silence; to denote which the forefinger of the right hand is on his mouth. He is supposed by some to be the same as HORUS.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/etc/wos/wos05.htm

fire away! fire away!
ricochet. shoot me down. i won't fall. i will be lifted up

John 3:14
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

UNIO MYSTIC

dance! dance! dance!

it's our little secret

lol

Since: Mar 10

Trussville, Alabama

#437887 Jan 23, 2013
The Doctors wrote:
<quoted text>
I see your internet addiction in lonely chatrooms as an last-ditch effort to counter your sociopathic tendencies in the "real" world...
and make Mamma proud.
Remember the "real" world?
I suppose when you can't count very high, 690 posts in nearly three years must sound like a really high number to you. What are the odds that you, with your dozens of screen names and mentally-deranged obsessions, <<don't>> have considerably more posts? Bwahaha! Any more obvious projections you would like to share? Your schtick is old and repetitive. You bore me now.

*dismissive wave*

Location hidden

#437888 Jan 23, 2013
Edit Dusty

And it is faulty reasoning to equate obeying God to working towards salvation or earning salvation. Nothing man can do would make him deserving of eternal life. However Christ will bestow His gift of grace on some and it is that grace that saves. But if He was going to bestow it on those that didn't need to remain faithful or obedient then everybody would be saved correct?

The term "true believer" is a made-up term used to claim those who fell away didn't really believe. Instead of what there is; believer and unbeliever people have added a third category of "true believer" and claiming believer really means unbeliever. It doesn't make sense. There are believers and unbelievers only and some believers will fall away

Luke 8:13
They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

There is nothing in the Bible to suggest believers will automatically obey. In fact we are warned repeatedly the consequences if they don't and why it is important they remain obedient. There is nothing in the Bible to suggest believers will always remain faithful. In fact we are warned repeatedly the consequences if they don't and why it is important they remain faithful.

Being a new creation in Christ means you are no longer controlled by your sinful nature. It doesn't guarantee you still won't return to the flesh. You are expected to obey, to overcome, to endure. The gift of grace is given to the faithful and obedient.

That's it for me for now
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#437889 Jan 23, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>You're wasting your time, Billy Goat. I never read your insanity.
His spelling's a hoot too. LOL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 36 min MUQ1 267,565
sexting (guys only) (Jul '12) 38 min lee 234
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 43 min mike 607,285
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 44 min Lumajuice 796,694
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 57 min pusherman_ 568,579
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 1 hr MUQ1 38,067
__POPE to Lead U.N. 1-World GOVT "Launching" 2 hr UMakeWORLDPEACEID... 2
Scientific proof for God's existence 5 hr eyeful 642
More from around the web