Why I’m no longer a Christian

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#437824 Jan 23, 2013
wadjet wrote:
<quoted text>no thing can be separate from the ABSOLUTE; thus all of the offspring(all created things) has seen by it's revealing(revelation)
John 6:46
"Not that any man hath seen the Father,"
save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.
once the temporal ego is released an the inner child = lamb returns to eternal state of mind
i don't much like mixing mumbo-jumbo with truth/scripture; it's satanic! now, put your neck under my foot where it belongs;)
ljubljana

Morehead, KY

#437825 Jan 23, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you hate Jesus Christ? He loves you.. He died for you
you cannot seek absolution through another. there is no avoidance from self. the paramatman is always watching. the eyes of truth are ever present before the throne. they do not cease to rest day, or night. the eyes are the windows through which all is reflected.

Philippians 2:12
Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
Gut Stomper

Los Angeles, CA

#437827 Jan 23, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>What else would someone say who, as they were starting a new religion and people were rejecting it because it had no merit, to hope to put fear into people? And people still fall for that crap.
If you believe your God will blind people while at the same time trying to get them to acknowledge him, you're crazier than moonshine drinkin' donkey.
How many people are beating a path to your door?
Buying what you are selling?

Topix is your marketplace.
For years and years business has sucked for you.
We know. It's ALL been recorded. Right here.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#437828 Jan 23, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop looking at me like that.
I'm not your type.
My type is women X

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#437829 Jan 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Annie
With all due respect jokes and innuendos are just that. Being Christian doesn't mean someone has to maintain some sense of reverence at all times. This is an Internet chat-room. And yes occasionally people will shoot some zingers back but c'mon, we aren't robots. You know I consider there to be a line that shouldn't be crossed and I am sure it doesn't need much explaining as common sense and social norms pretty much make it obvious when someone has crossed it. There is definitely a point where things simply are not excusable and someone following Christ needs to rise above it. So I agree but it seems like we differ on where the line is.
And IMO it is a total double-standard to only show respect for the faith and its teachings when using it to one's advantage trying to shame someone into being a punching bag. I am not saying necessarily you but say for instance someone wants to write things like Jesus is in the ground with worms crawling through him but then wants to turn around and gasp "oh you aren't showing the love of Christ, you hypocrite". It is a tactic, nothing more.
So long as people don't cross the line of basic decency and common sense and civility they I see nothing wrong with people having a little fun on the internet, especially in light of what they are normally responding to. Now the ones that go around in God's name and say vile and hateful stuff? Yeah, different story
Well put. Bless your heart Skom <3

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#437830 Jan 23, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
what part of "IT IS FINISHED" don't you understand?
So you don't believe that part of the Bible.

Noted.
ljubljana

Morehead, KY

#437831 Jan 23, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure hallucinated a bunch of ego tripping into "Feed my lambs".
You think you are Jesus' and God's equals.
<pukes a little>
i'm not jesus; nor the ABSOLUTE.

the word lamb from 21:15 is used no where else by anyone in the bible except in revelation.

that is the part of SELF; which is eternal. the rest is a costume, a window dressing.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/l...
Huh

Garland, TX

#437832 Jan 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Annie
With all due respect jokes and innuendos are just that. Being Christian doesn't mean someone has to maintain some sense of reverence at all times. This is an Internet chat-room. And yes occasionally people will shoot some zingers back but c'mon, we aren't robots. You know I consider there to be a line that shouldn't be crossed and I am sure it doesn't need much explaining as common sense and social norms pretty much make it obvious when someone has crossed it. There is definitely a point where things simply are not excusable and someone following Christ needs to rise above it. So I agree but it seems like we differ on where the line is.
And IMO it is a total double-standard to only show respect for the faith and its teachings when using it to one's advantage trying to shame someone into being a punching bag. I am not saying necessarily you but say for instance someone wants to write things like Jesus is in the ground with worms crawling through him but then wants to turn around and gasp "oh you aren't showing the love of Christ, you hypocrite". It is a tactic, nothing more.
So long as people don't cross the line of basic decency and common sense and civility they I see nothing wrong with people having a little fun on the internet, especially in light of what they are normally responding to. Now the ones that go around in God's name and say vile and hateful stuff? Yeah, different story
Wait, you're Catholic and claim not to be a robot? Bwahahahahaha.

“The word of the Lord.”........Thanks be to God.”

“We bless ourselves for prayer in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit”........."Amen. "

The rest of the call and response is the most delusional, robotic mess I have ever witnessed. It's worse than the Pentecostal chicken dance.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#437833 Jan 23, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
what part of "IT IS FINISHED" don't you understand?
i suppose for those who haven't received Christ's finished work on the cross, the curses of the law still do apply.....
Why conclude on your own what you THINK "it is finished" means instead of taking direction straight from the Bible?

Romans 13:8
Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law.

Romans 2:13
For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.

And this what Jesus had to say AFTER he died and rose again:

Matthew 28
19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them ina the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

And what were some of the things he commanded of us?

Luke 10
27 He answered,“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’ and,‘Love your neighbor as yourself.” 28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied.“Do this and you will live.”

With all due respect either you think the teachings of Jesus still apply today, since He tells us in the Bible the Father will send the Holy Spirit to remind us of what He taught and even after He died and rose again he said to make sure people obeyed all he commanded, or you do not.

Taking a verse as ambiguous as "it is finished", which to me seems more likely he was talking about the sacrifice, but either way to one verse and use it to discard everything Jesus taught makes no sense to me. Not when we have the actual words and don't need to guess. Anyway, JMO
dragua

Morehead, KY

#437834 Jan 23, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure hallucinated a bunch of ego tripping into "Feed my lambs".
You think you are Jesus' and God's equals.
<pukes a little>
i would suggest you vomit a lot.

helps to get it out of your system.
Huh

Garland, TX

#437835 Jan 23, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i don't much like mixing mumbo-jumbo with truth/scripture; it's satanic! now, put your neck under my foot where it belongs;)
Bwahahahahahaha. Hey, look, another violent Christian. Another Internet Tough Guy. You people sicken me.
Huh

Garland, TX

#437836 Jan 23, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>My type is women X
Too bad they don't reciprocate, eh?

Location hidden

#437837 Jan 23, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>
1 John 3:14-15
We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love each other. Anyone who does not love remains in death. 15 Anyone who hates a brother or sister is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life residing in him.
Don't hate Huh
Bro Clownie
Good post Clownie:)

Location hidden

#437838 Jan 23, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Well put. Bless your heart Skom <3
:)
Huh

Garland, TX

#437839 Jan 23, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>
1 John 3:14-15
We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love each other. Anyone who does not love remains in death. 15 Anyone who hates a brother or sister is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life residing in him.
Don't hate Huh
Bro Clownie
Must I go back and paste some of the abject hatred you have displayed on this very thread. By the way, claiming others are evil and that another man was immorally murdered for that evil is just another form of hatred. You can't put lipstick on that pig, Sarah.
Huh

Garland, TX

#437840 Jan 23, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
wsup gurlfriend?;)
Not your IQ.
mehen

Morehead, KY

#437841 Jan 23, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. I wouldn't have a problem if they Just admitted they take Paul over Jesus and John over Mark and Matthew.
I am not one to pretend. I reject Paul completely and have little regard for GoJohn. Not that I think the synoptic gospels are perfect, but at least they aren't blatant frauds.
paul came as close to realizing the ideal as the others but still he wasn't perfect. he was as well versed in the gnostic teachings as any

call no man good because the potential is there for corruption

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#437842 Jan 23, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
silly child of darkness, where ever God's children touch the soles of their feet, they posess that realm;)
Yeah. Prisons are proof of that. Nearly 80% of all prisoners in this country claim Christianity when they ENTER prison and fill out the forms. And don't go with that stupid 'they're not real Christians' stuff either. They are a Christian just like you because they believe in the same Jesus/God you do. That's all it takes to be a Christian...claim belief in Jesus as your savior. No other requirements.

Fundies certainly didn't touch the ground of a higher learning institutes, that's for sure.

You possess nothing, Clownie. Walking onto the ground of a public building does not make it yours. Walking onto the ground of your neighbor's house does not make it yours. Walking onto a playground for children does not make it yours. Walking into a church does not make it yours. Mostly, the churches belong to banks because they are heavily mortgaged and therefore do not belong to the minister or members.

You mortgage your souls for a place to meet and call it yours. You walk all over people and claim that which does not belong to you. It is one of the major wrongdoings of church members. Jesus said 'go sell all you have and give to the poor, then come and follow me.' Therefore, you think being poor is a virtue. It's not, and that's not what the verse intended. But you do not follow Jesus in any way. You claim that which you don't own while the greed in your hearts to have what others have eats you alive, breaking the
10th commandment at every turn.

To say that you own every place your foot falls is the most ridiculous of claims, but you try to make it so by force.

Be deluded all you wish. People are finally awakening to the evil that is fundamentalist extremism and fighting back. You want their signs removed but want the right to put up your own. You want their thoughts removed from schools while wanting your own to predominate. You want science and math and anything else that has led mankind out of the dark ages to be removed and replaced by the same dark ages bs that caused millions of people to die at the hands of religious extremists. No more! Never again! Too many people are not on your side now.

By the way, the Muslims think the same thing as you...that they own every place where their foot falls. One of these days, you'll fight them again for the top dog position. And you'll fight them on your own soil the way things are proceeding. People like you and dusty pay so much attention to the small percentage of atheists/agnostics that you don't see what's happening in your own country. You don't see the takeover of Christianity by Islam. That's because they're better at fooling the already deluded Christians than you are. They come teaching peace. The only problem is that they have a gun to use on you if you won't believe and stones to kill your daughters. They are already calling for Sharia law in this country, but you're little piss-fits over atheism makes you deaf to a threat much greater.

First, educate yourself on your own religion. Then, abide by the things Jesus said. Forget Paul. His teachings are too close to Islam. Then, arm yourself for the battle surely to come. You want armageddon thinking that you'll be miraculously taken out of this world. What you will get is either a battle against Islam in which you win, or Sharia law for yourself and others. You won't do well with the latter, I assure you..
duststorm

League City, TX

#437843 Jan 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
No such promise was made for future sins. There is only one verse in the entire Bible someone could even attempt to twist to even suggest it and that is the verse that says there is no condemnation for those IN CHRIST. But what does it mean to be IN CHRIST?
Why not let Christ tell you?
JOHN 15
"3You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
6If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned.
10If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love."
That all your future sins are forgiven is a false teaching and has no biblical basis. It contradicts dozens of verses, all of the teachings of Christ and even most of what Paul taught. Christ did not die on the Cross to give you a free pass to sin in the future. Why would He do that? He hates sin. Believers were punished all the time because they lived in sin. Jesus told people go and sin no more. He told them be perfect as the Father in Heaven is perfect. This is what was thought about sinning after receiving the truth
1 John 3:8–9
8 He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work. 9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God.
And yes you can still be forgiven but by no means are your future sins already purged. I know it feels good to think that. Who wouldn't want total immunity and to act with impunity? Unfortunately Jesus said nothing of the sort
Skombolis, I've said it before, and I'll say it again. You are Catholic to the bone. You are working at maintaining your supposed salvation, and you have no assurance of eternal life. Too bad.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#437844 Jan 23, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO! Too much....lol....that's even better than the middle finger one...lov ya Clownie and so does Jesus <3
Just remember...you are known for the company you keep.
You are more especially known by the people you congratulate on their behavior.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min onemale 281,943
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Peter Ross 64,376
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 19 min Neville Thompson 45,262
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 25 min truth 654,301
You are of your father......THE DEVIL. 40 min andet1987 32
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 46 min andet1987 2,595
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr X Pendable 183,202
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr Truth Teller 106,581
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 hr pusherman_ 973,914
More from around the web