Why I’m no longer a Christian

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#437762 Jan 23, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>You will have all eternity to remember that remark likening the fact that Jesus has delayed his coming ...
Delayed his coming? He was gong to come sooner but changed his plans?

Your deity sure does change his mind a lot.

Or maybe he just doesn't exist.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#437763 Jan 23, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger" (Rom. 2:8). I love ya G !!!!!! JESUS IS THE TRUTH BOY YA HEAR ME
then you are in deep doo-doo.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#437764 Jan 23, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>It is hard to believe, but T-town Clown has seen the light. He is no longer blinded, but has the truth indwelling him. He is one of the redeemed.
That's okey dokey with me.

I understand that you share similar delusions.

But we both know that when Clownie says the wrong thing, you'll cast him down among the Sodomites too.

Most here understand that your deity's judgment is nothing more than your judgment.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#437765 Jan 23, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>great funny post!!!!!! BRAVO BROTHER
Yeah, absolutely fantastic. Made by a person who is so obsessed with topix that they actually keep post counts, try to pry into the private lives of topix posters, and is here daily.

And that's one of your buddies.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#437766 Jan 23, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
Question: What if a believer does not remain faithful?
ANSWER

Notice the "If" that denotes conditional

1Corinthians 15:1-2
Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, IF ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

QUESTION

Why have you still refused to give your interpretations of verses? You the words of Jesus make you so uncomfortable that you can't even talk about them? That is why I chose Paul for you to make it easier

Here are a few more by Paul

Romans 2:13
For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.

Romans 11:22
Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, IF thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Paul says if even the natural branches (Jews) can be cut off that it is all the more important that Gentiles remain faithful

This is complicated stuff Dusty. You just have chosen to reject it. Back to Christ:

Matthew 24:11-13
and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

Matthew 25
44"They also will answer,'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?'45"He will reply,'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'46"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#437767 Jan 23, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>how did you know I was in a ditch... Hmmmm are you watching me O_O
We're all watching you Clownie. You're an ambassador for your religion.

Do us all a favor and clean out that ditch while you're there.

Make yourself useful.

Nobody rides for free.
borlung

Morehead, KY

#437768 Jan 23, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God" (2 Cor. 4:4). Friend you are as lost as ball in high weeds.. Jesus loves you! He is the truth... get into a good bible teaching church...
Bro. Clownie
the christ/annointed isn't exclusively jesus.

the lambs are all christ

john 21:15

there are many who are christened/annointed

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#437769 Jan 23, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Many are the woes of the wicked, but the Lord's unfailing love surrounds the man who trusts in him" (Psa. 32:10). I trust in the Lord
Then it's all gravy, baby.

Stop worrying.

Location hidden

#437770 Jan 23, 2013
Edit Duststorm

Meant to say that is NOT complicated stuff

Hebrews 10:26-27
“If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God

Hebrews 6:4-6
“For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.”

I don't post these verses to debate them. I would have liked to hear your interpretations. Maybe 3 years of silence has piqued my curiosity? However I provide them for you so you will be aware of them. What you do with them after that is up to you but you can't claim you were never shown them or were never told.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#437771 Jan 23, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>
2 Timothy 4:1-5
4 In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: 2 Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction. 3 For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4 They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. 5 But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry.
Jesus will return for his people boy
Sounds like Pauline Christianity was already losing members before the end of the first century.

Or did you not understand what you just quoted?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#437772 Jan 23, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Paul pissed on the Law and Jesus.
Jesus said to follow the Law, not abolish it.
You are worshipping Paul as God.
You piss on Jesus.
you still live under the old law, DOG? did you sacrafice a red heifer for your sins last year?

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#437773 Jan 23, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
sin is sin, mac, that idea didn't go away with the new covenant. but, like all sin, homosexuality is a sin ....
So is eating shellfish, wearing polycotton blend and picking up sticks on Saturday.

I haven't heard you complain about people doing that.

Funny that, huh?

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#437774 Jan 23, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO! Too much....lol....that's even better than the middle finger one...lov ya Clownie and so does Jesus <3
thanks Juicy, Jesus loves you also...

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#437775 Jan 23, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like Pauline Christianity was already losing members before the end of the first century.
Or did you not understand what you just quoted?
The bible tells me you don't understand the holy word of God.. this I understand..

Bro. Clownie

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#437776 Jan 23, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Well, aren't you just the precious little cherry-picker?
So, all but 11 of the OT laws are tossed - the Ten Commandments and the homophobia?
Gottit.
But that's 602 Commandments you've arbitrarily decided to ignore.
Are you quite sure you included all the right ones?
i'm sorry but if you're asking me to stone you to death cuz you're a flamer, i won't so you're gonna hafta get someone else to put you out of your misery!;)
cuelebre

Morehead, KY

#437777 Jan 23, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange that Jesus never says so in your Bible.
strange too is that he never tells them to worship him in idolatry.

we should be dancing nataraja

1 Chronicles 15:29
And it came to pass, as the ark of the covenant of the Lord came to the city of David, that Michal, the daughter of Saul looking out at a window saw king David dancing and playing: and she despised him in her heart.

Song of Solomon 2:8
The voice of my beloved! behold, he cometh leaping upon the mountains, skipping upon the hills.

Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

the new jerusalem

self realization

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#437778 Jan 23, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
the earth vomited out its godless inhabitants in the days of noah and of sodom & gomorrah....
"as it was in the days of noah....as it was in the days of sodom, so shall it be in the end" Jesus
Thanks for supporting my position.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#437779 Jan 23, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange that Jesus never says so in your Bible.
"if you've seen Me, you've seen the Father(God); I and the Father(God) are One" Jesus

'therefore they gathered stones to kill Him because He made Himself equal with God'

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#437780 Jan 23, 2013
Disney wrote:
<quoted text>lol. Another one that worships a false god, in this case the coward in Washington that hides behind children.
Projection

Location hidden

#437781 Jan 23, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Juicylu, the truth is that I will not be dealt with for my sins, and for that I am eternally grateful.
The Savior has already paid for my sins. I have received his pardon forever, since the day I repented at the age of 9.
God has thrown my sins into the deepest part of the ocean, as far as the east is from the west.
I only hope that he will save you and grant you that perfect pardon.
No such promise was made for future sins. There is only one verse in the entire Bible someone could even attempt to twist to even suggest it and that is the verse that says there is no condemnation for those IN CHRIST. But what does it mean to be IN CHRIST?

Why not let Christ tell you?

JOHN 15

"3You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

6If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned.

10If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love."

That all your future sins are forgiven is a false teaching and has no biblical basis. It contradicts dozens of verses, all of the teachings of Christ and even most of what Paul taught. Christ did not die on the Cross to give you a free pass to sin in the future. Why would He do that? He hates sin. Believers were punished all the time because they lived in sin. Jesus told people go and sin no more. He told them be perfect as the Father in Heaven is perfect. This is what was thought about sinning after receiving the truth

1 John 3:8–9
8 He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work. 9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God.

And yes you can still be forgiven but by no means are your future sins already purged. I know it feels good to think that. Who wouldn't want total immunity and to act with impunity? Unfortunately Jesus said nothing of the sort

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 min Rosa_Winkel 106,545
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Pad 654,119
What color will Taylor Swift's baby be? 16 min Anonymous 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 38 min Steve III 45,246
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 53 min here 64,111
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 58 min Classic 3,818
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr crucifiedguy 281,884
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Lumatrix 973,845
More from around the web