Why I’m no longer a Christian

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#437752 Jan 23, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
You hate the writings of the apostle Paul, who wrote under the influence of the Holy Spirit. Why is that?
I don't hate anything. I just know that Paul teaches in direct opposition to Jesus. But you would rather follow Paul because he fulfills your desire for revenge and hatred. You were taught that as a woman you are worthless. Paul had the same idea. So, you agree with him.

You were abused as a child by an overly religious parent. You were told that abuse was your fault, and so you believe it and believe that all those who make mistakes are deserving of eternal punishment unless they make a stupid remark like 'once saved, always saved'. Jesus never taught that. In fact, Paul never taught that.

You are hopelessly lost in a terrible and horrible myth.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#437753 Jan 23, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>I am compelled to warn them.
Jude 23: And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire;
This worked on illiterate goad herders two thousand years ago. It does not work with rational human beings who are literate and think rationally. It was a way to get people to believe a new religion. Nothing more. And people like you still fall for it today in the 21st century.

You're an educated person, but were so abused as a child that you are mentally scarred for the rest of your life.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#437754 Jan 23, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>...Kid boiled in its mother's milk?.....
It was a Canaanite ritual meal. It was associated with Sumerian relgion so it was banned by hte Hebrews.
The dietary "Law" prohibiting mixing of meat and dairy products comes from that verse.
As usual, religions take everyhting way beyond the original intent.
Note that the 613 Jewish laws were invented in the Medieval period by Rabbi Maimonides. They did not exist in the first centuries of the common era.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#437755 Jan 23, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> So people in Australia make Obama jokes? Yeah, right.
Have you been here? Know many Aussies do you Nymph? Know how many read and watch the news? Knew it wouldn't take you long, it was nice to see a kinder side of you, ah well...take care <3

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#437756 Jan 23, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>You will have all eternity to remember that remark likening the fact that Jesus has delayed his coming to the outcome of a game.
The Lord is not slack concerning his promises. He is coming again soon for me and all the born-again believers.
You will still have an opportunity during the 7 years of tribulation to repent and trust Him.
You're preaching to a man. You said you believe you aren't supposed to do that according to the Bible. Yet here you are doing it.

Hypocrite.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#437757 Jan 23, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Dead man walking.
Are you a physician?

I think I'll get a second opinion, since you're obviously unqualified.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#437758 Jan 23, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
You hate the writings of the apostle Paul...
Christian projection

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#437759 Jan 23, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove that Paul was anything but a con artist.
Just like most Christians for the last 1700 years, you prefer the teachings of Paul to the teachings of Jesus.
You believe in Paul more than God and Jesus.
You made Paul a God and disobeyed the first commandment.
See you in Hell.
Dusty, like the other fundamentalists here, spits in Jesus' face every time she posts. She has thrown him on the trash heap in lieu of his contradicter. It's so much easier to follow the hate filled teachings of Paul than the love filled teachings of Jesus.

Why would God not have given Jesus the entire message he wanted him to teach? Why would he not have left him on earth to finish those teachings? Did Jesus go against God's will and teach something wrongly? It would seem that the fundies think so, as they do not go by Jesus' teachings but throw them out the window to the wind in lieu of the teachings of Paul.

Why do I discredit Paul? Because he teaches in opposition to Jesus. Very plain and simple.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#437760 Jan 23, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>I am compelled to warn them.
Jude 23: And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire;
No worries.

There is no fire. Christians imagine a fire so they can scare people.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#437761 Jan 23, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
G_O_D, dude, does Paul owe you money or something?
;D
Paul just owes an explanation of why he taught in direct opposition to Jesus. If you believe Paul, you owe the world an explanation of why you believe his words rather than the words of Jesus in whom you claim to believe but ignore.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#437762 Jan 23, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>You will have all eternity to remember that remark likening the fact that Jesus has delayed his coming ...
Delayed his coming? He was gong to come sooner but changed his plans?

Your deity sure does change his mind a lot.

Or maybe he just doesn't exist.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#437763 Jan 23, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger" (Rom. 2:8). I love ya G !!!!!! JESUS IS THE TRUTH BOY YA HEAR ME
then you are in deep doo-doo.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#437764 Jan 23, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>It is hard to believe, but T-town Clown has seen the light. He is no longer blinded, but has the truth indwelling him. He is one of the redeemed.
That's okey dokey with me.

I understand that you share similar delusions.

But we both know that when Clownie says the wrong thing, you'll cast him down among the Sodomites too.

Most here understand that your deity's judgment is nothing more than your judgment.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#437765 Jan 23, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>great funny post!!!!!! BRAVO BROTHER
Yeah, absolutely fantastic. Made by a person who is so obsessed with topix that they actually keep post counts, try to pry into the private lives of topix posters, and is here daily.

And that's one of your buddies.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#437766 Jan 23, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
Question: What if a believer does not remain faithful?
ANSWER

Notice the "If" that denotes conditional

1Corinthians 15:1-2
Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, IF ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

QUESTION

Why have you still refused to give your interpretations of verses? You the words of Jesus make you so uncomfortable that you can't even talk about them? That is why I chose Paul for you to make it easier

Here are a few more by Paul

Romans 2:13
For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.

Romans 11:22
Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, IF thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Paul says if even the natural branches (Jews) can be cut off that it is all the more important that Gentiles remain faithful

This is complicated stuff Dusty. You just have chosen to reject it. Back to Christ:

Matthew 24:11-13
and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

Matthew 25
44"They also will answer,'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?'45"He will reply,'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'46"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#437767 Jan 23, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>how did you know I was in a ditch... Hmmmm are you watching me O_O
We're all watching you Clownie. You're an ambassador for your religion.

Do us all a favor and clean out that ditch while you're there.

Make yourself useful.

Nobody rides for free.
borlung

Morehead, KY

#437768 Jan 23, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God" (2 Cor. 4:4). Friend you are as lost as ball in high weeds.. Jesus loves you! He is the truth... get into a good bible teaching church...
Bro. Clownie
the christ/annointed isn't exclusively jesus.

the lambs are all christ

john 21:15

there are many who are christened/annointed

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#437769 Jan 23, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Many are the woes of the wicked, but the Lord's unfailing love surrounds the man who trusts in him" (Psa. 32:10). I trust in the Lord
Then it's all gravy, baby.

Stop worrying.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#437770 Jan 23, 2013
Edit Duststorm

Meant to say that is NOT complicated stuff

Hebrews 10:26-27
“If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God

Hebrews 6:4-6
“For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.”

I don't post these verses to debate them. I would have liked to hear your interpretations. Maybe 3 years of silence has piqued my curiosity? However I provide them for you so you will be aware of them. What you do with them after that is up to you but you can't claim you were never shown them or were never told.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#437771 Jan 23, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>
2 Timothy 4:1-5
4 In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: 2 Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction. 3 For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4 They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. 5 But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry.
Jesus will return for his people boy
Sounds like Pauline Christianity was already losing members before the end of the first century.

Or did you not understand what you just quoted?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 57 min uIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 184,719
the tricks and treats of healthcare 1 hr Sethlong 3
new jersey and philadelphia muslims 1 hr Sethlong 5
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr PadMark 675,598
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Bongo 110,470
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Devil number 666 982,301
Hell Angels motor cycle group (Jul '11) 5 hr mechanic 106
More from around the web