Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#437331 Jan 22, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Skombolis, you said, "No problem. I am trying to keep Topix in perspective more. I let it dictate my emotions way too often and things like Couth dying reminds me how short life really can be. If I ever have to look back and regret my last words to someone I don't want it to be because I allowed something like the Internet get the best of me".
duststorm answers: So you understand how short life is. Do you not also understand that you are not saved? You are relying on being a good person, saying kind words, living an upright life.
Do you not understand that being a good son, a good husband, a good father, a good citizen, etc. does not help at all with your own entrance into heaven?
Dusty

I have asked you for three years to give your interpretation of verses like this one and you never reply

Matthew 19:16-17
Now a man came up to Jesus and asked, "Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?" Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, obey the commandments."

I understand why you reject the commandments and the requirement to be obedient Dusty and it is because you willfully choose not to be obedient. You spend your days on Topix condemning people to hell. Which of course if you believe the bible is a very bad thing for you

Luke 6:37
Judge not, and you shall not be judged: condemn not, and you shall not be condemned: forgive, and you shall be forgiven:

Now there are some Christians who will claim the teachings of Jesus Christ don't apply to today's Christian. It is a strange belief IMO considering in John 14:26 Jesus says the Holy Spirit is given in part to remind us of his teachings and in Matthew 28:20 Jesus says after he died on the cross and was resurrected to go baptize all nations and make sure they obey all he has commanded

But whatever you choose to believe is your business Dusty. But you have to admit it would be pretty ironic if after all your years of telling people they are going to hell that you were the one told..

Matthew 7:21
"Not everyone who says to me,'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Who knows? Maybe you can disobey Christ and feel his teachings don't apply to you and do things like show up after someone has died and tell their friends that person is in hell and spread lies about other denominations of Christianity and try to speak for God as to who is saved and Jesus will accept you with open arms. For your sake you better be right.

Location hidden

#437332 Jan 22, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Christianity have some things in its past that nobody is proud of? Sure. But I was no more responsible for that than I was for America having slaves. Are there some people within the faith that act terrible? Of course. There are close to a couple hundred million Christians in America alone.
duststorm replies: Skombolis, you say that Christianity has some things in its past that nobody is proud of.
I see that you are equating Christianity with Roman Catholicism, which has things in its past that nobody is proud of, mamely the bloody persecution, torture and killing of born again Christians who stood up and opposed infant baptism, selling of indulgences, etc.
Skombolis, I see by your post that you are most assuredly not a born again believer; rather, you are a Catholic.
So, like most others on this thread, you have not changed your beliefs as a result of anything that has been written by the few born again Christians.
This means that you, like millions of Roman Catholics, are unchanged of heart and are bound for a sinner's hell.
LOL

Your mom did a number on you

Yes I know you claim you were born again at age 6 and you don't recognize the RCC as being Christian. You can also believe the world is flat if you like. Your ignorance doesn't change the facts

"The Roman Catholic Church is the largest denomination with over 1.1 billion members, over half of all Christians worldwide, making it the largest denomination for any religion worldwide"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_denomi...

35 largest Christian denominations

1) Catholic

http://undergod.procon.org/view.background-re...

I realize much like Harold Camping when new branches of Christianity came along some sought to thrive by telling people the other members were not "real" Christians in hopes of drawing more to their own churches. We see how well that deciding who is a "real Christian" worked out for Harold Camping and how much he really was in contact with God.

1John 2:9
He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.

1John 2:4
He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Start following the words of Jesus Christ and not what your mom taught you.

Location hidden

#437333 Jan 22, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
At this point, I think I'm ok with that. Maybe I misunderstood His teachings but I don't think all these factions, religions, denominations, branches, infighting, law disagreements, wars and killing in the name of God etc...were what Jesus had in mind for us or what He taught us. To me, those things are man made and Jesus taught us to love the Lord our God and each other as ourselves. Man made Faith into Religion + Law + Politics and it complicated everything we were taught, making it entirely fallible, corruptible and now crumbling. Enough people here debate and fight and get downright nasty and over what? Individual perceptions? If I can avoid participating in that vein, I will. Not that I always actually manage to avoid it just that most of the time, I want to.
Good post

While I still attend my local church to pray and participate in fellowship and charitable events that is about the extent of my connection to the "organized" portion of it. My beliefs are my own and my relationship is my own. The perversion of the faith by using it is currency in politics or for fear-mongering or hate-mongering certainly is not what I believe Jesus taught and not only i want no part of it, I would like to see the radical "fundie" part of Christianity die off.

The world doesn't need self-blind hypocrites running around making a public spectacle of themselves embarrassing the faith by claiming Jesus sent natural disasters to punish people for being gay. Even in Sodom the OT says it was for treatment of strangers and being sinful overall and the NT says it was for being unfaithful. And all sins of the flesh are equal so where are the protests for those "living in sin" that are divorced or having pre-marital sex or affairs? People can try to disguise bigotry with faith but it is transparent as all get out. And the less maniacs running around telling people they are going to hell the better

But at the end of the day even if it all went away as far as the organized portion that will be between each individual and God to maintain heir relationship. It doesn't need all the trappings to survive and if anything they prove to be a hindrance a lot of the time IMO

(T) Peace

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#437335 Jan 22, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Good post
While I still attend my local church to pray and participate in fellowship and charitable events that is about the extent of my connection to the "organized" portion of it. My beliefs are my own and my relationship is my own. The perversion of the faith by using it is currency in politics or for fear-mongering or hate-mongering certainly is not what I believe Jesus taught and not only i want no part of it, I would like to see the radical "fundie" part of Christianity die off.
The world doesn't need self-blind hypocrites running around making a public spectacle of themselves embarrassing the faith by claiming Jesus sent natural disasters to punish people for being gay. Even in Sodom the OT says it was for treatment of strangers and being sinful overall and the NT says it was for being unfaithful. And all sins of the flesh are equal so where are the protests for those "living in sin" that are divorced or having pre-marital sex or affairs? People can try to disguise bigotry with faith but it is transparent as all get out. And the less maniacs running around telling people they are going to hell the better
But at the end of the day even if it all went away as far as the organized portion that will be between each individual and God to maintain heir relationship. It doesn't need all the trappings to survive and if anything they prove to be a hindrance a lot of the time IMO
(T) Peace
I agree. The whole thing about Jesus sending natural disasters to punish people is both a ridiculous oxymoron. Why did Jesus get nailed to a cross again? Please....every Christian knows that once the Holy Spirit is within, we simply do not do these things. We change, constantly, at least, I do. I'm blessed in a way because if I'm too freaked out to go to church I can get together with family and pray and talk about Jesus. I just don't understand a lot of that stuff to be honest....
<3

Since: Aug 11

Santa Cruz, CA

#437336 Jan 22, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> I had a post typed out for all of you bone-picking vultures here. But I decided not to go there. Enjoy yourselves.
You're only looking to upset those who cared about DoC. His death seems to please so many of you.
I am pretty sure he won't care what you do or say at this point and I won't allow you to make a difference in how I feel either.
Showing your ignorance and hatred is normal. It doesn't make anyone but you and your group of Christians look bad, so have at it.
I really enjoyed DoC. I guess he knew something deep down. RIP

Location hidden

#437337 Jan 22, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. The whole thing about Jesus sending natural disasters to punish people is both a ridiculous oxymoron. Why did Jesus get nailed to a cross again? Please....every Christian knows that once the Holy Spirit is within, we simply do not do these things. We change, constantly, at least, I do. I'm blessed in a way because if I'm too freaked out to go to church I can get together with family and pray and talk about Jesus. I just don't understand a lot of that stuff to be honest....
<3
Well I agree the desire to change should be there. How could one want to follow what Jesus taught and it not be? But it still takes effort and dedication. IMO one of the biggest downfalls for people is thinking that now that they are a believer they will automatically do the right thing. Or even worse that whatever they do is the right because they are a believer. The Bible says God gives us a way out of every temptation but that doesn't mean we will take it and clearly we will still be tempted.

This is one of my favorite verses..

Philippians 2:12
"So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling;"

..because it speaks to obeying even when not directly watched. The famous saying "What Would Jesus Do?" is a good one. But I think a better one to ask ourselves is "What Would We Do If Jesus Was In The Room With Us?" Because we all know at this point the difference between right and wrong and what Jesus probably would do in each situation. But man can we rationalize our own actions. But if someone can say they would act the same way in front of Christ then they know their faith is where it should be. Me, I still have a long upward climb to go to get my actions in harmony with my beliefs. But any day moving forward is a good day

(T) Peace

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#437338 Jan 22, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I agree the desire to change should be there. How could one want to follow what Jesus taught and it not be? But it still takes effort and dedication. IMO one of the biggest downfalls for people is thinking that now that they are a believer they will automatically do the right thing. Or even worse that whatever they do is the right because they are a believer. The Bible says God gives us a way out of every temptation but that doesn't mean we will take it and clearly we will still be tempted.
This is one of my favorite verses..
Philippians 2:12
"So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling;"
..because it speaks to obeying even when not directly watched. The famous saying "What Would Jesus Do?" is a good one. But I think a better one to ask ourselves is "What Would We Do If Jesus Was In The Room With Us?" Because we all know at this point the difference between right and wrong and what Jesus probably would do in each situation. But man can we rationalize our own actions. But if someone can say they would act the same way in front of Christ then they know their faith is where it should be. Me, I still have a long upward climb to go to get my actions in harmony with my beliefs. But any day moving forward is a good day
(T) Peace
Jesus is in the room with us all the time, we just forget sometimes I reckon. You're right about obedience, we need to constantly keep checking ourselves.
Sorry Skom it's very late or very early depending how one looks at it, my words are dwindling but I do like talking to you, I don't think I have posted with you much before. Many Blessings <3

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#437339 Jan 22, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you seem to think that I'm a bugle player named Banks.
I'm okay with that.
Glaucoma does that ta folks y'know.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#437340 Jan 22, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text> Now, grab that piece of chalk and write on the chalkboard 1001 times... I will not look in the mirror and believe I'm Glenda, the Good Witch of the North!
Dr. Clownie
you are doctor,
like my dog is NURSE

It is not possible for dog to be nurse of mentaly sick

it is also not possible for you to be doctor,

maybe dr digger of old lumps from dumpster

see you next time

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#437341 Jan 22, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
you are doctor,
like my dog is NURSE
see you next time
I don't like it when you two bicker :'{
<3

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#437342 Jan 22, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
And your claim to know who is and isn't going to hell doesn't mean you won't be headed there yourself.
Hell is for children.
Grow up.
Pat Benetar...great song with a lot of meaning.

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#437343 Jan 22, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
I got up this morning at 5:30 A.M when the school called to say that all schools in the county are closed for the day. It was -6 out with wind-chill of -18. It has now warmed up to a balmy{sarcasm}-4 and -12 with wind-chill. Our high temp expected for the day is 0.Ö.grumbleÖÖI for one am not moving very far from the fire or coffee today ;O) Good morning to you Water!
I still read a couple of TV websites from West Michigan and I noticed WZZM from Grand Rapids is showing the temp at 0 (zero) also. Plus the Western shoreline is getting hammered with lake effect snow also.
I miss West Michigan...
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#437344 Jan 22, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't like it when you two bicker :'{
<3
I can not help you
maany people don't like many things,

there is not possible to change face of this world,and make people who will like only

without of"I don't like"
have nice day my sweety girl friend

clownie is not your boy friend,you deserve doctors,not clowns

Location hidden

#437345 Jan 22, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> I had a post typed out for all of you bone-picking vultures here. But I decided not to go there. Enjoy yourselves.
You're only looking to upset those who cared about DoC. His death seems to please so many of you.
I am pretty sure he won't care what you do or say at this point and I won't allow you to make a difference in how I feel either.
Showing your ignorance and hatred is normal. It doesn't make anyone but you and your group of Christians look bad, so have at it.
That, set as record (right here in black and white), serves to fortify all that [DoC] has made public in his own words, is truth and actuality, and substantiates the conclusion's and reasons for leaving behind the pollution and cancerous structure of organized religion.
May his wisdom and demeanor fly in the air of the ALL for eternity, that every conscious entity might be fortunate enough to absorb these truths.

BT42

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#437346 Jan 22, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
I still read a couple of TV websites from West Michigan and I noticed WZZM from Grand Rapids is showing the temp at 0 (zero) also. Plus the Western shoreline is getting hammered with lake effect snow also.
I miss West Michigan...
Hello :D I can't even imagine that kind of cold.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#437347 Jan 22, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
you are doctor,
like my dog is NURSE
see you next time
Dr.Clownie is surprised you returned to show your goofy posts on Topix, after making a complete fool out of yourself in 2012.. you wouldn't make a wart on a Dr.@SS...

Location hidden

#437348 Jan 22, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>They have nothing but fear and recrimination in their arsenal. Actually, I suspect it's not their beliefs that cause it, but they are very likely misanthropic social pariahs to begin with, and gravitate toward the uglier side of any belief to assuage and absolve themselves of their self-loathing and distrust of the world as they perceive it.
Did you ever notice how none of their prophecies and predictions forecast peace, harmony, or well-being, >except< in some indeterminate future for an infinitesimally tiny slice of historical humanity who were/are so "blessed" as to believe exactly as they do?
Ya. Bad cargo ta be carry'n. Fer me...I'd be leav'n 'er sit right on the dock. Them caustic's rots the hull from the inside an yer glorious ship winds up with yer aft in the points o' Poseidon's harpoonery. I'd sooner run hemp.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#437349 Jan 22, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
I can not help you
maany people don't like many things,
there is not possible to change face of this world,and make people who will like only
without of"I don't like"
have nice day my sweety girl friend
clownie is not your boy friend,you deserve doctors,not clowns
I guess "all's fair in love & war! What irks yours truly the most is throwing out the sob stories, and getting pity from the great posters on this thread like you do... what a cry baby.. and stop trying to get dates on here.. ya hear me boy????

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#437350 Jan 22, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Spiritual maturity would be the stage when you realize that imaginary entities that affect, or effect, daily life quite evidently don't exist. Intellectual maturity, in this context, would be when you realize that there is a reason that there are so many inconsistencies and discrepancies in our chosen hereditary mythology. Immaturity is viewing ancient mythology as "absolute and eternal truth", no matter how comforting a salvation story might sound.
for those who trust in their own wisdom instead of trusting God, intellectual maturity usually results in Alzheimerís.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#437352 Jan 22, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
But the followers of Zeus are not trying to destroy America.
'THE EARTH IS THE LORD'S AND THE FULLNESS THEREOF, THE WOLRD AND EVERYTHING IN IT'

if you don't believe this, it's YOU who's destroying America and you don't belong here.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 min Chris Clearwater 175,666
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 8 min pmscomputers 96,744
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min ChristINSANITY is... 775,486
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min pusherman_ 559,585
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 24 min YTubeHeadlines 605,035
"1-STATE Solution" for ISRAEL says U.N. Official 27 min YTubeHeadlines 1
electrolux.servis@hotmail.com. 299 I5 34 istiny... 39 min electrofersen 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 42 min Pegasus 265,163
More from around the web