“The..”

Since: Dec 12

"..who whating how with huh?"

#437293 Jan 21, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>LOL

You know I saw a quote from a guy (R) running for office again and I will preface this by saying I am not a Republican and also think the main motivation for his quote was self-serving as he basically left politics because he got cheating on his wife and just up and left his duties to go to a different country I believe to be with his fiance and now he is doing his best to do damage-control. But with that said I thought the quote itself was brilliant. He said something like:

"We shouldn't ever judge a man by the best day of his life or the worst day of his life but rather look at the totality of his actions"

I thought that was pretty profound. How often to we tend to demonize someone based on their lowest moment? Or make a hero out of someone based on an isolated incident? And definitely the former is done all the time. And i thought he was absolutely right.

What made me think of this now though is how often do people look to do this to justify bigotry of groups they don't like? It could be Christians or homosexuals or blacks or Americans or women or men or whatever but people will find the worst of the lot and then try to paint everyone with that same broad stroke. And yet they never find the best of the lot and paint with broad strokes. That is intentional IMO.

Does Christianity have some things in its past that nobody is proud of? Sure. But I was no more responsible for that than I was for America having slaves. Are there some people within the faith that act terrible? Of course. There are close to a couple hundred million Christians in America alone. There are going to be bad representatives But ultimately they represent themselves. Should atheists apologize for Stalin or Dahmer or Kim Jong?

I am not going to say too much more because I think deep down people know this isn't a valid argument. Everybody is responsible for their own actions and their actions do not reflect on anyone who had no foreknowledge of them and didn't condone them upon learning about them.

(T) Peace
I think you're right Skom and when prejudices are so deeply ingrained the behaviour of individuals in said groups, whether good or bad, makes no difference. We all just have to be who we are and accept that not everyone is going to see past their prejudice for whatever reason, no matter what, to what an individual might actually really be like. Peace <3

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#437294 Jan 22, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're right Skom and when prejudices are so deeply ingrained the behaviour of individuals in said groups, whether good or bad, makes no difference. We all just have to be who we are and accept that not everyone is going to see past their prejudice for whatever reason, no matter what, to what an individual might actually really be like. Peace <3
I agree that prejudices if allowed unchecked can get to the point where people can no longer even distinguish individuals any longer.

The climate right now may be more to do with people showing up and using God or Christianity not only as an excuse to tell people someone they cared about that just died is in hell but to even paint themselves as the hero staunchly advocating the truth even at their own expense. It really is quite sickening on so many levels and for so many reasons

I understand why emotions may be running high. But who couldn't have predicted which Christians on Topix might be capable or even likely to do that? It just shows what we have always known about those people. I guarantee most Christians on Topix are equally disgusted. And we have to see it done as someone uses our faith as an excuse and used God as justification. It does almost make one feel like apologizing just because we know we will get painted with the same brush or maybe just because we know the person who should be apologizing won't and someone deserves to hear "I'm sorry" when someone does something so selfish and offensive.

But to apologize would mean i share in the blame and the only way that would be possible if I agreed with the actions of those who tried to capitalize on this tragedy to promote their agenda. I mean I am sorry simply as a human being that other human beings were subjected to such behavior. But those people don't speak for you or I or many others in any way

(T) Peace

“The..”

Since: Dec 12

"..who whating how with huh?"

#437295 Jan 22, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that prejudices if allowed unchecked can get to the point where people can no longer even distinguish individuals any longer.
The climate right now may be more to do with people showing up and using God or Christianity not only as an excuse to tell people someone they cared about that just died is in hell but to even paint themselves as the hero staunchly advocating the truth even at their own expense. It really is quite sickening on so many levels and for so many reasons
I understand why emotions may be running high. But who couldn't have predicted which Christians on Topix might be capable or even likely to do that? It just shows what we have always known about those people. I guarantee most Christians on Topix are equally disgusted. And we have to see it done as someone uses our faith as an excuse and used God as justification. It does almost make one feel like apologizing just because we know we will get painted with the same brush or maybe just because we know the person who should be apologizing won't and someone deserves to hear "I'm sorry" when someone does something so selfish and offensive.
But to apologize would mean i share in the blame and the only way that would be possible if I agreed with the actions of those who tried to capitalize on this tragedy to promote their agenda. I mean I am sorry simply as a human being that other human beings were subjected to such behavior. But those people don't speak for you or I or many others in any way
(T) Peace
I agree with all of that Skom and apologised regardlessly, because I am genuinely sickened and get lumped anyway, so to me, it can't do any harm. I think those that want to see it, know that those types don't speak for me or some other nice Followers of Jesus.
Peace Brother/Sister <3
Lost In Transition

United States

#437296 Jan 22, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
45C translates to 115 Fahrenheit
And sometimes something even hotter.
http://www.bing.com/images/search...
endtime

AOL

#437298 Jan 22, 2013

PROOF Obama's ReElection = ANTICHRIST_______

duststorm

League City, TX

#437299 Jan 22, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Christianity have some things in its past that nobody is proud of? Sure. But I was no more responsible for that than I was for America having slaves. Are there some people within the faith that act terrible? Of course. There are close to a couple hundred million Christians in America alone.
duststorm replies: Skombolis, you say that Christianity has some things in its past that nobody is proud of.
I see that you are equating Christianity with Roman Catholicism, which has things in its past that nobody is proud of, mamely the bloody persecution, torture and killing of born again Christians who stood up and opposed infant baptism, selling of indulgences, etc.
Skombolis, I see by your post that you are most assuredly not a born again believer; rather, you are a Catholic.
So, like most others on this thread, you have not changed your beliefs as a result of anything that has been written by the few born again Christians.
This means that you, like millions of Roman Catholics, are unchanged of heart and are bound for a sinner's hell.
duststorm

League City, TX

#437300 Jan 22, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>

No problem. I am trying to keep Topix in perspective more. I let it dictate my emotions way too often and things like Couth dying reminds me how short life really can be. If I ever have to look back and regret my last words to someone I don't want it to be because I allowed something like the Internet get the best of me.
(T) Peace
Skombolis, you said, "No problem. I am trying to keep Topix in perspective more. I let it dictate my emotions way too often and things like Couth dying reminds me how short life really can be. If I ever have to look back and regret my last words to someone I don't want it to be because I allowed something like the Internet get the best of me".
duststorm answers: So you understand how short life is. Do you not also understand that you are not saved? You are relying on being a good person, saying kind words, living an upright life.
Do you not understand that being a good son, a good husband, a good father, a good citizen, etc. does not help at all with your own entrance into heaven?
duststorm

League City, TX

#437301 Jan 22, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Don't put your words of hate nor your hateful religious beliefs in my mouth.
No, according to me I don't know where DoC is right now. Neither do you. I don't believe in hell so I would not be reckoning anything of the sort.
There is no hellfire for those who you imagine have done something against you,mainly not believing the same way you do.
I am happy that he went quickly without any pain. I imagine you're having to make up for that by imagining him in hell with a torture worm. If there were a hell, it would be for fundamentalist Christians who have vilified Jesus to the point that he is a worthless, hate-filled POS according to your posts.
If you want to worry about someone's butt being licked by the flames of hell, worry about your own butt.
Waternymph, you claim to know for a fact that not a single Christian ever changed the mind of Dearth of Couth about what he believed. How do you know that?
Also, your not believing in hell does not mean that you will not someday be bound there for all eternity.
shesha

Williamsburg, KY

#437302 Jan 22, 2013
For anyone interested

more information regarding islam as a denomination of hinduism

http://the-symbol-of-godess.blogspot.com/

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#437303 Jan 22, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> He died in his sleep from a massive heart attack on Saturday night. His wife contacted me about 9 (EST) Sunday morning.
I'm so sorry to hear that.

I really enjoyed his posts.

How old was he, if you don't mind my asking?

Did he have previous heart problems?

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#437304 Jan 22, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text> Perzactly.
I had a post typed out for all of you bone-picking vultures here. But I decided not to go there. Enjoy yourselves.

You're only looking to upset those who cared about DoC. His death seems to please so many of you.

I am pretty sure he won't care what you do or say at this point and I won't allow you to make a difference in how I feel either.

Showing your ignorance and hatred is normal. It doesn't make anyone but you and your group of Christians look bad, so have at it.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#437305 Jan 22, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>There are no time zones in religion world.
Evidently not. And if there are, they seem to be backward.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#437306 Jan 22, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Evidently not. And if there are, they seem to be backward.
Good monring there Water N, ice to see ya!

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#437307 Jan 22, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. You got us real good, sphincter.
How sad a life must this person live that trying to upset others is their only method of pleasure? I don't get it. I'll never understand that kind of evil.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#437308 Jan 22, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Get back to us with that report real soon.
We're counting on ya.
And don't forget the post count for this thread. That's also extremely important.*rolls eyes*

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#437309 Jan 22, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Christianity have some things in its past that nobody is proud of? Sure. But I was no more responsible for that than I was for America having slaves. Are there some people within the faith that act terrible? Of course. There are close to a couple hundred million Christians in America alone.
duststorm replies: Skombolis, you say that Christianity has some things in its past that nobody is proud of.
I see that you are equating Christianity with Roman Catholicism, which has things in its past that nobody is proud of, mamely the bloody persecution, torture and killing of born again Christians who stood up and opposed infant baptism, selling of indulgences, etc.
Skombolis, I see by your post that you are most assuredly not a born again believer; rather, you are a Catholic.
So, like most others on this thread, you have not changed your beliefs as a result of anything that has been written by the few born again Christians.
This means that you, like millions of Roman Catholics, are unchanged of heart and are bound for a sinner's hell.
And Roman catholics are equally convinced that you are bound for hell.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#437310 Jan 22, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
Hello everyone, I just wanted to stop by and tell everyone that I am sorry for the loss of DOC. WN, Please send my condolences to the family. Rest in Peace DoC
Will do, Grace. Thank you.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#437311 Jan 22, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Waternymph, you claim to know for a fact that not a single Christian ever changed the mind of Dearth of Couth about what he believed. How do you know that?
Also, your not believing in hell does not mean that you will not someday be bound there for all eternity.
And your claim to know who is and isn't going to hell doesn't mean you won't be headed there yourself.

Hell is for children.

Grow up.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#437312 Jan 22, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Huh, Why blame all Christians for the ignorance of those who CLAIM to be a Chriatian? That isnt very nice. I just came on here to offer my condolences. Thanks for acting as nasty as the SO called christian. Does that make YOU a christian too?
There are good people and bad people in all walks of life, including Christianity. You can't make them _not_ Christians because they don't behave in a way of which you approve. You just have to accept that they are not the kind of Christian you hope to be.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#437313 Jan 22, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice broad brush you're using there x. Should Christians use the same broad brush and paint you and all other non-Christians the same way for refusing to take responsibility for the actions of any non-Christian that spews out hatred in here?
Can you say double standard x?
_______
I'll take my leave now. The reason I showed up in here in the first place was to pass along my condolences about D.O.C., and having done that I'll move along so this thread can get back to it's usual self like it's quickly doing. Once again W.N. if you're in contact with D.O.C's family please pass along my condolences, thoughts and prayers.
I passed along your message yesterday, along with many others.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 min Porkpie Hat 259,131
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Truth 542,035
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Buck Crick 738,593
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min feces for jesus 227,373
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 14 min Osama Bin Laden 118,210
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 23 min Chris Clearwater 173,637
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 23 min feces for jesus 95,417
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Epiphany2 600,985
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••