Location hidden

#437098 Jan 21, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Bravo;)
Hope things going well Stevie:)
Hey John!

Things are going my friend. I will leave it at that! LOL

Nah, JK. Just like to get on my pity-pot every once in a while. Things are pretty good, just been burning the candle at both ends lately

(T) Peace

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#437099 Jan 21, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
@ Senecus...John...Steve...Dusty and the others that have spoken up...
I would feel remiss if I didn't relay my gratitude to all of you that have spoken up to try and silence those that come to harass during our time here at WINLAC to remember a friend.
Those of us that have posted here for the last several years remember DoC as someone that showed restraint even when being attacked.
So as DoC told many...
Thank you for your input.
Thanks for the kind words Annie
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#437100 Jan 21, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Witches are losers. They burn in hell foever. I really hope you have a change of heart. Witches always have the ultmate bad luck. Being a witch is a curse. Please don't be the ultimate loser in hell..
So tell me, Bob...any reason that u keep condemning the 2 groups that used to get burned @ the stake? U must be stuck in the Dark Ages.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#437101 Jan 21, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> I'll pass on your condolances, Skom.
Wait.

What?

Dearth of Couth?

What happened?

Since: Jan 13

Pune, India

#437102 Jan 21, 2013
Well your experience was out of self examination . I too used to be a Christian but the last 2 years have made me to cross over to the other side of the river. Or letís say I have managed to eat the proverbial FORBIDDEN FRUITS and my eyes have opened.
My story of how I lost my faith was born purely out my scrutiny of religion, nature of always enquiring into the nature of the matter. From the beginning I was deeply religious, and used to even consider my self as the 13th disciple in my fancy as a kid. Slowly my childhood slipped into youthhood and my struggles with life and seeing and observing the people carefully I came to conclusion pretty quickly.
Even I could not feel any difference after my Baptism and later I could see that nothing really changes at all as we are often told that we would .
I one day asked myself a question is Christianity really True? If not then why are more than 1 Billion + People worship him? Is it not worthwhile to scrutinize this Belief system professing to save humanity from damnation? Whatís wrong any way ,after all I am not going to loose anything .
And to my big shock I realized that Christianity is from rock bottom to its top roof purely made up mumbo-jumbo. Its high on promises but less on facts and evidences.
Christianity stands on the twin pillar of 1. Virgin Birth 2. Resurrection.
Virgin Birth prophecy is fake as Isaiah in chapter 7 uses the word Ha- Almah which means Young women aka maiden not virgin. Also the prophecy was to be the sign for king Ahaz only i.e was meant for a period of around 700 years Before Christ.
And if we read the whole context then it becomes quite evident that it has nothing to do with Jesus.
Its fulfillment was also in Chapter 8 verse 3 and 4. Basically whole chapter 7 and 8 is about comforting king Ahaz regarding impending invading armies.

And as far as Resurrection is concerned we donít have any non-christian account for that. Even jewish historian Flavious Josephus account is interpolated.
One by one I scrutinized ever soo called 300 fullfilled prophecies and they all turned out to be fake.

I came to conclusion that what has been done is one verse taken out of whole chapter and is deliberately been integrated into Jesus account to make it appear as a so called Fullfillment of Prophecy.

I called it quits . I feel really sorry for the lost two decades of my life which I consumed praying this Horus cum Jesus and blood thirsty YHWH aka Heavenly Father. Now I wanna live my life freely :)
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#437104 Jan 21, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
For those of you who knew and adored Dearth of Couth, please be with his wife and family in your thoughts today.
His wife contacted me about 10 minutes ago and told me he had a massive heart attack and died in his sleep last night.
His wit, wisdom and personality will be greatly missed by all who admired him.
I would appreciate it if no hateful remarks would be made, but I know there will be some who will show just how dark their hearts are. For those who care about him, it won't make any difference.
I'm really sad to hear that. RIP Dearth of Couth.
I only knew u for a short time on here, but u opened my mind. Opened a lot of minds I'd say.
The best tribute I can pay to you is to use Emiliano Zapata's words: "It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees."

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#437105 Jan 21, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Don't remember if I answered this or not, but please give my 'thank you' to le le and I will send his/her message along with others today.
I hope that DoC's wife will find some comfort in the fact that he was loved/liked/admired by so many.
If I answer a post more than once, or skip over one today, it isn't because I've gone daffy. Well, daffier than normal. The roofers are here replacing the roof over the side of the house where my computer is. It sprung a leak during that 13 days of rain we had. UGH.
Hi water,
Haven't talked to you in forever..

I do miss talking w you and mac on your site.
- those days were fun!

Sending my sincere sympathies to you and all those who loved
DoC..

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#437106 Jan 21, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey John!
Things are going my friend. I will leave it at that! LOL
Nah, JK. Just like to get on my pity-pot every once in a while. Things are pretty good, just been burning the candle at both ends lately
(T) Peace
That candle will melt down to the middle at some point, and extinguish itself. I suggest you take better care of yourself, but it's just a suggestion. I realize there are times in life when we have to work harder, take care of those who are ill, and a lot of other things which make us tired. But if you don't take care of yourself, you're just asking for trouble. Taking a 20 minute nap when you have that short period of time renews your body and mind. I think it also renews your spirit, but that's just what works for me.

Our troubles don't follow us. We follow them. We worry over them, fiddle with them, and make them more important than the blessings we have in life. Sometimes, you just have to take a step back and prioritize.

I know this is unasked for advice from a person who has done all of the above and may be worth exactly what you paid for it, but nonetheless it is good advice.

A temple cannot stand without mortar.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#437107 Jan 21, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait.
What?
Dearth of Couth?
What happened?
He died in his sleep from a massive heart attack on Saturday night. His wife contacted me about 9 (EST) Sunday morning.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#437108 Jan 21, 2013
sammy0722 wrote:
Well your experience was out of self examination . I too used to be a Christian but the last 2 years have made me to cross over to the other side of the river. Or letís say I have managed to eat the proverbial FORBIDDEN FRUITS and my eyes have opened.
My story of how I lost my faith was born purely out my scrutiny of religion, nature of always enquiring into the nature of the matter. From the beginning I was deeply religious, and used to even consider my self as the 13th disciple in my fancy as a kid. Slowly my childhood slipped into youthhood and my struggles with life and seeing and observing the people carefully I came to conclusion pretty quickly.
Even I could not feel any difference after my Baptism and later I could see that nothing really changes at all as we are often told that we would .
I one day asked myself a question is Christianity really True? If not then why are more than 1 Billion + People worship him? Is it not worthwhile to scrutinize this Belief system professing to save humanity from damnation? Whatís wrong any way ,after all I am not going to loose anything .
And to my big shock I realized that Christianity is from rock bottom to its top roof purely made up mumbo-jumbo. Its high on promises but less on facts and evidences.
Christianity stands on the twin pillar of 1. Virgin Birth 2. Resurrection.
Virgin Birth prophecy is fake as Isaiah in chapter 7 uses the word Ha- Almah which means Young women aka maiden not virgin. Also the prophecy was to be the sign for king Ahaz only i.e was meant for a period of around 700 years Before Christ.
And if we read the whole context then it becomes quite evident that it has nothing to do with Jesus.
Its fulfillment was also in Chapter 8 verse 3 and 4. Basically whole chapter 7 and 8 is about comforting king Ahaz regarding impending invading armies.
And as far as Resurrection is concerned we donít have any non-christian account for that. Even jewish historian Flavious Josephus account is interpolated.
One by one I scrutinized ever soo called 300 fullfilled prophecies and they all turned out to be fake.
I came to conclusion that what has been done is one verse taken out of whole chapter and is deliberately been integrated into Jesus account to make it appear as a so called Fullfillment of Prophecy.
I called it quits . I feel really sorry for the lost two decades of my life which I consumed praying this Horus cum Jesus and blood thirsty YHWH aka Heavenly Father. Now I wanna live my life freely :)
Thanks for sharing your story.

I don't think any of our lives are wasted unless we are doing absolutely nothing to live and learn. So don't be too hard on yourself for that. I know, because I've been there.

Kudos to you for following common sense and what works for you without the need to be one of the 'in crowd'. That seems to be the biggest deterrent to people actually leaving any faith. They know that they will be ostracized by those with whom they have always been close and fear the loss of love of relatives and friends.

Do what is right, moral and ethical and you will have no regrets. I'm not saying that leaving is easy and after several years I still have my moments. But I will never again be a follower. I will strike my own path.

Keep learning. Keep walking your own path. There can be no other way, and if anyone tells you differently you should just be nice and say thanks for the input and continue on your way.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#437111 Jan 21, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning W_N
I'm cutting that "morning" part close to the wire! But I agree that unfortunately it is not uncommon to see someone very outspoken of their perceived righteousness and salvation while acting in a manner very contrary to how Jesus taught. Obviously there is some schools of thoughts that differ on what this means depending if someone subscribes to once-saved or not.
I personally do not. Although to me it is even simpler than is this person who claims to be a Christian actually one and why does he act how he does and how can he justify it in the name of God and why do some who don't believe act in a way towards others more in tune with what Jesus taught? Not that those are not all valid and worthwhile questions. But to me I can almost put most of that on the back-burner for now.
Either someone can show respect and decency towards those who lost someone close to them or they can not. Either someone can recognize boundaries or they can not. What kind of Christian it makes him in this case is secondary to me to what kind of man it makes him and to me as Senacus alluded to earlier this says a lot about one's character. Sure as a Christian I hate to see it done in God's name. But as I made a post in the other room that for the most part people are people regardless of what they believe or what skin color they are or what their political affiliation or any other thing that divides us unnecessarily so IMO. I think it just boils down to some people are decent people and some people are not. From what I have seen this person falls into the latter category.
I agree... people are who they are. As I have said many, many times there are good people who identify as Christians, and there are horrid people who identify as Christians. It is just that claiming something better while acting in the manner this poster does is a strike against Christianity, period. No one can look at those posts and think that Christianity does anything good for people. Yet, when you look at posts of people like NoStress, Open Your Eyes, and a few others, you wonder why they can be the people they are while practicing the same belief system as the poster who acts in a way totally contrary to what Jesus taught. Love God. Love others. That's the only two commandments Jesus uttered. Very few people on earth can accomplish that. And some who do are not Christians.

I have no sympathy or respect for someone who acts as this poster is acting. I have no patience or tolerance for them, proving that I cannot follow those two commandments myself I suppose. But I have a very definite sense of what is right and decent, and what is totally unacceptable. While all of us do the unacceptable at times, it is not usually a continual thing. It usually comes with some emotion due to what we have determined for ourselves as right. For those who tout Christianity and cannot follow simple decency toward other human beings, I don't care to hear any preaching from them.

Thanks for the respectful conversation. It's been a while since that happened.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#437114 Jan 21, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi water,
Haven't talked to you in forever..
I do miss talking w you and mac on your site.
- those days were fun!
Sending my sincere sympathies to you and all those who loved
DoC..
Thanks, Le_le. So many people adored him. He was such a sweet friend for me and I am sure, many others. His wife is so absolutely devastated. Wish I were close enough to do something for her as there are no words which actually do anything but say you're sorry. Hands on is not possible, though.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#437117 Jan 21, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
9am for you would be 10pm for them.... before bedtime????
If someone dies in their sleep, how do you know HOW they died?
Overnight autopsy?
Not buying any of this....
I will answer this one question for you. It does not take an autopsy to know that a person has had a heart attack. It took about 35 minutes after I had blood tests done for the doctors to know I had a heart attack. When the heart is damaged by a heart attack, certain enzymes 'leak' out into the blood. There is a test for that. It shows not only whether you had a heart attack, but how severe the heart attack was. Mine was not severe, but mild. That was determined simply with a blood test. Later tests confirmed those findings.

I realize that someone who has not had a heart attack might not be aware of this and it was a good question.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#437119 Jan 21, 2013
By the way, the blood test is the Creatine Kinase test. I had to look that up because I didn't remember what it was called.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#437120 Jan 21, 2013
Incessant Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>You know, I wondered the same thing. I mean really, his wife would call a Topix blogger in the middle of the night. A blogger on the other side of the world, whom she never met.
This person just happens to be the originater of a thread that Water Nymph has tried to take over for years.
Since, when have unbelievers and pagans like Nymph ever stopped lying and had respect for death. Death is a joke to them and this is likely another joke.
Imagine that, it came right along the same time Teo,the Notre Dame player, had his fake girl friend's death came out.
Actually, 9:00 am here would be 2:00 pm in the afternoon there, not the middle of the night.
guivres

Winchester, KY

#437121 Jan 21, 2013
Incessant Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, a Muslim could not do that, because whom they call Allah is also the Bible God and the Jewish God. Same God. So, your point is lost. Try again.
I have done Eulogies so you are wrong again. The most power Eulogy I have ever heard was one from a preacher to some Hell's Angels. This preacher had preached ot the now dead Biker and the Biker would always say "some day". Well, the hell's angels wanted him to give the eulogy. His message was this " Your comrad waited for his some day and it never came,and now here lies a man who is going to hell. I spoke with him often and you know him as well and he would not want you to wait on your some day and join him in hell." Over 500 Bikers came to Christ and were saved because of "some day" which became this day.
Now, here is the thing, I am not speaking to his family, whom I do not know. I am speaking to these posters and I know that Saturday, the day that he died a message was left on here that now is the time and some day may not ever come. So, I know that this message was from God and I hope that DoC was on that night now don't you.
You posted this: Luke 6:37
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.
Now me ask you this, do you think that this really says that people who do not judge will not be judged or condemned.
I suggest that you read more, because I am well versed on judging, which is different from condemning. We are called to judge, for we will judge angels some day but we can not condemn because only God wil condemn the unrighteous and unbelievers.
I CAN TELL EVERY SINNER THAT THEY ARE GOING TO HELL.......THE MESSAGE IS THAT CHRIST CAN STOP THERE TRAVEL TO HELL.
YOU ARE RIGHT, YOU CAN NOT SPEAK FOR GOD. GOD'S WORD IS WHAT IS SPOKEN.
IF YOU HAVE NO RESPECT FOR THE LIVING, DON'T PRETEND THAT IT IS OFFERED TO THE DEAD. CHRIST SAID THE OPPOSITE. GOD IS A GOD OF THE LIVING, SO YOUR FLESH AND LUSR FOR IT IS SPEAKING.
fyi

Was the Kaaba Originally a Hindu Temple?
By P.N. Oak (Historian)

Glancing through some research material recently, I was pleasantly
surprised to come across a reference to a king Vikramaditya inscription
found in the Kaaba in Mecca proving beyond doubt that the Arabian
Peninsula formed a part of his Indian Empire.

The text of the crucial Vikramaditya inscription, found inscribed on a
gold dish hung inside the Kaaba shrine in Mecca, is found recorded on
page 315 of a volume known as 'Sayar-ul-Okul' treasured in the
Makhtab-e-Sultania library in Istanbul, Turkey. Rendered in free
English the inscription says:

"Fortunate are those who were born (and lived) during king Vikram's
reign. He was a noble, generous dutiful ruler, devoted to the welfare
of his subjects. But at that time we Arabs, oblivious of God, were lost
in sensual pleasures. Plotting and torture were rampant. The darkness
of ignorance had enveloped our country. Like the lamb struggling for
her life in the cruel paws of a wolf we Arabs were caught up in
ignorance. The entire country was enveloped in a darkness so intense as
on a new moon night. But the present dawn and pleasant sunshine of
education is the result of the favour of the noble king Vikramaditya
whose benevolent supervision did not lose sight of us- foreigners as we
were. He spread his sacred religion amongst us and sent scholars whose
brilliance shone like that of the sun from his country to ours. These
scholars and preceptors through whose benevolence we were once again
made cognisant of the presence of God, introduced to His sacred
existence and put on the road of Truth, had come to our country to
preach their religion and impart education at king Vikramaditya's
behest."

http://www.danielpipes.org/comments/58581%22

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#437122 Jan 21, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>.... When the the Dead Sea scrolls were discovered, they matched word for word with the King James.(book of Isaiah).
The DSS were written in Elizabethan English ?

ROFLMAO

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#437123 Jan 21, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
@ Senecus...John...Steve...Dusty and the others that have spoken up...
I would feel remiss if I didn't relay my gratitude to all of you that have spoken up to try and silence those that come to harass during our time here at WINLAC to remember a friend.
Those of us that have posted here for the last several years remember DoC as someone that showed restraint even when being attacked.
So as DoC told many...
Thank you for your input.
Well said Annie. I agree.

It is in times like these that shows people's true hearts.
Seems even in death DoC is contributing to this thread.

If there is a Heaven and folks like DoC aren't there, I wouldn't want to be there anyway and would consider the deity in charge a fool.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#437128 Jan 21, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
9am for you would be 10pm for them.... before bedtime????
If someone dies in their sleep, how do you know HOW they died?
Overnight autopsy?
Not buying any of this....
You need a little refresher in the time zones, apparently. 9am EST would be +5 hrs to London (they being >east< of America, yaknow) or 2pm GMT, or in other words, plenty of time for an initial medical assessment. We can assume that DoC's family did not rush to topix to make an announcement.

Looks like you better stick to your "witty" zingers, which amuse us all to no end.

“The..”

Since: Dec 12

"..who whating how with huh?"

#437130 Jan 21, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>In that case, please don't hate me if I tell u it was 46 degrees Celsius here the other day. HOT, hot as the mythical Hades. U feel like bread in an oven!
:-)
I would prefer your winter.
Ditto.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Name a place that you'd consider paradise on earth 5 min Doctor REALITY 8
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Anthony MN 543,399
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 min Chris Clearwater 173,936
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 16 min dirty white boy- 741,196
Erik Menendez, America's vilian ??! 26 min Doctor REALITY 2
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 27 min Eagle 12 228,053
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 32 min andet1987 4,516
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 34 min Paulo94 159

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••