macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, Senecus.
Lotsa old friends today.
Yup.
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#437159 Jan 21, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Extreme weather on either end of the thermometer is not my choice! I'd just as soon have 70F all year round. At least we have not had any really harsh weather so far this year. I went out to inspect what the roofers are doing and it is really a gorgeous day here though the temp is only 50F. I'm good with a sun-filled 50F day.
Yeah agreed.
Fortunately we had a cooling Southerly on Fri afternoon. I danced in the rain like a pagan, lol.
Today is a beautiful sunny day, 73F in your scale.

Since: Jul 08

Farmington, MI

#437160 Jan 21, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Saved? wtf?
If Jesus saves, how come he's always broke?
LOL.

Farmington, MI

#437161 Jan 21, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you want a lick
Christian fantasy.

Farmington, MI

#437162 Jan 21, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
christians
Karl 1; Jucy 0.

Farmington, MI

#437163 Jan 21, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Would it be respectful if someone died in your a family and they were approached by a Muslim who wanted you to know that your loved one is eternally deprived of an after-life because they did not accept Allah? What about of a Christian but with different beliefs than you told you your family member is in hell because that is what they honestly believe? What about if a devil worshiper tells you because your family rejects satan they will be punished in death instead of rewarded if they honestly believe that?
I am a Christian btw but I reject your rationalization that you are showing respect. First of all even while someone is alive you are failing to follow the Bible by telling people who is going to hell:
Luke 6:37
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.
You can warn people of hell and you can witness as to what saves. What you can't do is speak for God
But what possible reason would one have to telling someone a loved one that has already passed is in hell and how is that respect? Did someone in his family ask for your opinion?
That people are speaking out of concern for another's soul or showing love to them by telling them the truth is one of the biggest lies told on Topix . Not because it couldn't be true but simply because it so rarely is and the contempt that often accompanies it exposes the real truth.
As for going to Heaven like you, a verse you may wish to keep in memory
Matthew 12:37
"For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."
I saw that Senacus made a mention of character in hopes some wouldn't see this as an opportunity to promote their own agenda regardless of its sincerity or lack of. There are things called common decency and civil boundaries that should dictate this time has nothing to do with you and your opinions on who is in hell wouldn't be welcomed by those mourning.
The absolute best case scenario here is you are selfish and thoughtless. I am guessing the truth is much more severe. Honor God by conducting yourself with some simple decency in His name. Or at least have the integrity not to hide behind it
Bam.

“SPEBSQSA”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#437164 Jan 21, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
It is amusing though to watch said poster flap their wings and crow! LOL
We could try to explain but what fun would that be???
Yep...

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#437165 Jan 21, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The DSS were written in Elizabethan English ?
ROFLMAO
I just passed over that one as I just didn't think it was worth the effort.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#437166 Jan 21, 2013
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>You claimed that the creators were God and a female, which is why yuo are evil and why Eve sinned. Sorry, but the creators, were Father, Son and the Holy Ghost. How could there be a female, because that would require her to be able to have a fetus in her womb or if it were a woman then it would have a womb.
FAIL.
So Andrew, clue us in as to how a woman was made in the image and likeness of three males.

Cloning also requires that a male be made from male and a female from female, so the rib from Adam doesn't work either.

I understand that it is necessary to diminish any female participation in a misogynistic religion, but really...use common sense. Unless of course, you really are a 3000 year old goat herder.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#437167 Jan 21, 2013
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>The fact that you would say this would make you a fool. You h ave no idea what he did in private. Sandusky's wife to this day swears his innocence which means that his admission of being in a shower with a boy is seen as innocent.
If you are not in heaven, it will be because you are a fool.
No one knows what you do in your spare time, either. But we can judge what type of person you are by the posts you make on Topix. For those who look at the posts of the fundies here and then compare them with DoC's posts, we would have to assume that he was the better person.

You'd like to discredit a dead man in order to uphold your fellow Christians. It can't be done. His words and yours are all here until Topix decides to close their doors.
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#437169 Jan 21, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, It's been a great hoax, so far!
Keep it going! Let's get all the balls up and into the air and see how long you can keep it going!
Another vulture.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#437171 Jan 21, 2013
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>Why should we care what time it is where you are? I don't get your point.
Had you taken time to read the post to which I replied, you would have known the answer to that. It doesn't take much time to read the post to which I responded.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#437172 Jan 21, 2013
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>It is your version of love that is an issue. Jesus was love and his perfect love casted out all sins and for that you crucified him. You do not want love, you want to sin and be okay about it.
Quite to the contrary. I take responsibility for my errors. It is Christians who want to sin and be okay with it because no matter what they do, all they have to do is ask forgiveness from an invisible deity and continue to 'sin' as they wish without consequences. They think they still get paradise, streets of gold and jewels (none of which belong to you nor can you make use of them). So non-Christians are definitely not the ones who just wish to do anything they please without consequences. We know there are consequences, usually in the here and now. If not now, we have no idea of what comes next. In fact, neither do you. You just wish to minimize your own sins while picking sins you don't commit with which to damn others, while the Bible does not say anywhere that one sin is greater than another except for blasphemy.

I wish you well. I wish you to be able to think through things and come to the conclusion that you are no better than any other 'sinner'. There is no magic cure for 'sin'. You make mistakes and either forgive yourself and think you're better than others because you do that, or you recognize that you're just human like everyone else.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#437173 Jan 21, 2013
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>It is your version of love that is an issue. Jesus was love and his perfect love casted out all sins and for that you crucified him. You do not want love, you want to sin and be okay about it.
By the way, I haven't crucified anyone. That's like saying you're guilty of slave ownership because your ancestors owned slaves. It just ain't gonna fly.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#437174 Jan 21, 2013
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>But she didn't and she has so little contact that she will not be at the funeral. Stick to the issue, not your argument. Yet again, another one who defends pedophiles like Sandusky and calls him less than corrupt and wicked. Thanks.
You're changing his words. Another fundie tactic for which you are well known.

No, I will not be at the funeral. Have you ever missed a funeral of someone you liked or admired because you couldn't get off from work or didn't have the time or maybe means to fly halfway across the world? What's your problem with people liking DoC? What's your problem with me being a friend to him? What's your problem with most everything that doesn't agree with your personal beliefs? It sure isn't what Jesus taught. But I find that very few Christians follow the teachings of Jesus so your not following them comes as no surprise.

Why don't you find something to say that won't make you look like a hate-filled Christian? You can do better. You just seem to be choosing not to.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#437175 Jan 21, 2013
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>So, then why would she call you in the middle of her night, if it happened during her day. Your post said that he died last night in his sleep. Perhaps you are DoC and you are putting a sock to rest.
It was not the middle of the night, which has been explained twice now. It would have been 2 in the afternoon there when it was 9 in the morning here.

I am amazed that you guys can't look at a world clock and tell the difference in time.

I am complimented that you think I might be DoC, but frankly I don't have the patience and kindness toward fools which he had.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#437176 Jan 21, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just glad you're stuck on Topix... for life... loser.
Yet, here you are and here you have stayed for years. Now what's that about being stuck on Topix...for life?
duststorm

League City, TX

#437177 Jan 21, 2013
DA Facts wrote:
Still no confirmation out of Stafford or Eccleshall. No proof or indications that any of this is true.
Typical Topix hoax.
Fact: Dearth lived in or near Staffordshire.
Fact: A 69-yr.-old Stafforsshire man died last April 8, 2012 of colon cancer.
Fact: The inquest findings were just released in January 2013.
duststorm

League City, TX

#437178 Jan 21, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>You need a little refresher in the time zones, apparently. 9am EST would be +5 hrs to London (they being >east< of America, yaknow) or 2pm GMT, or in other words, plenty of time for an initial medical assessment. We can assume that DoC's family did not rush to topix to make an announcement.
Looks like you better stick to your "witty" zingers, which amuse us all to no end.
Yes, we can assume that d of c's family did not rush to topix to make an announcement, since it looks like he may have died last April.
Would you happen to know how I could contact his family directly to send my condolences, or do they have to be sent through WaterNymph?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#437179 Jan 21, 2013
sammy0722 wrote:
Well your experience was out of self examination . I too used to be a Christian but the last 2 years have made me to cross over to the other side of the river. Or let’s say I have managed to eat the proverbial FORBIDDEN FRUITS and my eyes have opened.
My story of how I lost my faith was born purely out my scrutiny of religion, nature of always enquiring into the nature of the matter. From the beginning I was deeply religious, and used to even consider my self as the 13th disciple in my fancy as a kid. Slowly my childhood slipped into youthhood and my struggles with life and seeing and observing the people carefully I came to conclusion pretty quickly.
Even I could not feel any difference after my Baptism and later I could see that nothing really changes at all as we are often told that we would .
I one day asked myself a question is Christianity really True? If not then why are more than 1 Billion + People worship him? Is it not worthwhile to scrutinize this Belief system professing to save humanity from damnation? What’s wrong any way ,after all I am not going to loose anything .
And to my big shock I realized that Christianity is from rock bottom to its top roof purely made up mumbo-jumbo. Its high on promises but less on facts and evidences.
Christianity stands on the twin pillar of 1. Virgin Birth 2. Resurrection.
Virgin Birth prophecy is fake as Isaiah in chapter 7 uses the word Ha- Almah which means Young women aka maiden not virgin. Also the prophecy was to be the sign for king Ahaz only i.e was meant for a period of around 700 years Before Christ.
And if we read the whole context then it becomes quite evident that it has nothing to do with Jesus.
Its fulfillment was also in Chapter 8 verse 3 and 4. Basically whole chapter 7 and 8 is about comforting king Ahaz regarding impending invading armies.
And as far as Resurrection is concerned we don’t have any non-christian account for that. Even jewish historian Flavious Josephus account is interpolated.
One by one I scrutinized ever soo called 300 fullfilled prophecies and they all turned out to be fake.
I came to conclusion that what has been done is one verse taken out of whole chapter and is deliberately been integrated into Jesus account to make it appear as a so called Fullfillment of Prophecy.
I called it quits . I feel really sorry for the lost two decades of my life which I consumed praying this Horus cum Jesus and blood thirsty YHWH aka Heavenly Father. Now I wanna live my life freely :)
Thanks for sharing. For me, I consider Jesus to be a misinterpreted typical Buddha figure. The Gospel of Thomas paints a picture without virgin birth, Resurrection and salvation. It paints a picture where James was supposed to be the heir, none of the foolishness about building a church with Peter as the cornerstone. None of the self-serving Saulian nonsense. I agree. The third to fifth century Church fathers made it all up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 min RiccardoFire 41,170
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Hidingfromyou 880,897
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 7 min RiccardoFire 8,353
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 10 min sangili karuppan 7,654
The Christian Atheist debate 33 min lightbeamrider 4,081
Fight at Seasons Inn last night. 42 min Unknown allen ky 1
Poll Why are Americans becoming so stupid? (Jun '08) 1 hr nightwalker 152
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr June VanDerMark 603,567
More from around the web