|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

water_nymph wrote:
For those of you who knew and adored Dearth of Couth, please be with his wife and family in your thoughts today.
His wife contacted me about 10 minutes ago and told me he had a massive heart attack and died in his sleep last night.
His wit, wisdom and personality will be greatly missed by all who admired him.
I would appreciate it if no hateful remarks would be made, but I know there will be some who will show just how dark their hearts are. For those who care about him, it won't make any difference.
Oh WN...I can not even put in to words right now what I am feeling. We have lost many in these threads that we have called friend...who we came to look forward to reading their words.

Please pass on to his family my compassion and empathy for their loss and that he will be missed also by his WINLAC family.

Strange how people can gather in a place such as this and form such bonds as we do. I still miss Micah and his attitude!

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Well, good for him. If you're gonna go, go quick.
He was a unique individual on the boards. Always calm, always resolute, patient with the silliness that came his way continuously, well reasoned, well-spoken, with a quick wit, sharpened just enough to do the job. I admired his persona, and he influenced my approach after meeting him.
I'll lift a glass to him this evening at 6pm CST, and pour out one upon the earth to his name. Any and all feel free to join me if you wish.
Will hot chocolate do? I guess not. He wasn't the hot chocolate kinda person. I'll join you though. I think I have a bottle of wine. He appreciated good wine. I don't mind pouring one out upon the earth to his name. I am so happy he didn't suffer for a long period of time and left this earth while asleep.

Cheers, DoC! Wherever you are, I know that those present are rejoicing at your presence among them.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh WN...I can not even put in to words right now what I am feeling. We have lost many in these threads that we have called friend...who we came to look forward to reading their words.
Please pass on to his family my compassion and empathy for their loss and that he will be missed also by his WINLAC family.
Strange how people can gather in a place such as this and form such bonds as we do. I still miss Micah and his attitude!
I am reminded of the song 'Only the good die young' when I think of those we have lost here. WiP, Micah, DoC and others.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

water_nymph wrote:
For those of you who knew and adored Dearth of Couth, please be with his wife and family in your thoughts today.
His wife contacted me about 10 minutes ago and told me he had a massive heart attack and died in his sleep last night.
I would appreciate it if no hateful remarks would be made, but I know there will be some who will show just how dark their hearts are. For those who care about him, it won't make any difference.
Oh my.

To DoC and his thread.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>If you put that on your FB page, numbnutz, you will reveal your identity to the resident crazies, well, minus the one resident crazy who already knows who you are.
Topix crazies are the least of my worries.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
...an apology from you that didn't come from your own volition is meaningless...
Seems Jesus had the same feelings. Thus most Christians are abandoned by their own 'deity'. If their book is "The Truth" then most will hear "I know you not."

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

kamaru wrote:
<quoted text>i agree. he went on further to say that buddhism was the religion of the future. unlike atheists buddhist do not believe that consciousness ends at the demise of the vehicle/body.
The religion of the future will be a cosmic religion. It should transcend personal God and avoid dogma and theology. Covering both the natural and the spiritual, it should be based on a religious sense arising from the experience of all things natural and spiritual as a meaningful unity. Buddhism answers this description. If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism.(Albert Einstein)
Buddhism though has become, like Christianity, far removed from the original philosophy and way of life taught by its founder.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think I understand a bit of that second paragraph. Not surprising, I guess, considering the author.
Who says atheists "believe that consciousness ends at the demise of the vehicle/body?"
Some do, some don't.

Note that Judaism is divided on the issue as well.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I tried.. I did my part and said sorry.. the rest is up to you..
What falls from the mouth is not the same as what flows from the heart.

An apology is not repentance. You are still damned.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been on Topix going on six years and I haven't lost any credibility yet....
You can't lose what you never had.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>...I bet you look like Fred Mertz.... LOL
Nope. That's me.

Ethel says you should stop stalking her.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
That's true. So what are the non Christians afraid of?
War, famine, disease, unemployment, old age, disasters,economic collapse, cancer, etc.

Same thing any rational person would worry about.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>Be afraid my sock be afraid. We will rid the word of all you non-Christians and give you a new home. It will always be hot, never cold, not snow, no rain, no long winters, it will be like hell. Wait, it will be "hell".
So you believe in the Teutonic religions and the wholly books by Dante and Milton.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>we're not!!!! atheist should be afraid of dying
Why ?

You just called Jesus a liar:

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

water_nymph wrote:
Please forward my condolences.

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

water_nymph wrote:
That is so sad. He will be missed.
Please send our condolences to his wife.

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Well, good for him. If you're gonna go, go quick.
He was a unique individual on the boards. Always calm, always resolute, patient with the silliness that came his way continuously, well reasoned, well-spoken, with a quick wit, sharpened just enough to do the job. I admired his persona, and he influenced my approach after meeting him.
I'll lift a glass to him this evening at 6pm CST, and pour out one upon the earth to his name. Any and all feel free to join me if you wish.
I'll be glad to join you Hip.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

water_nymph wrote:
Very sad.
He has the answers he was looking for now. Something or nothing. We can only guess.

Done here for a while in remembrance.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll be glad to join you Hip.
And I too.
fafnir

Rockholds, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Buddhism though has become, like Christianity, far removed from the original philosophy and way of life taught by its founder.
nothing to excess

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

415 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Hidingfromyou 532,433
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min Insults Are Easier 256,381
Last Word + 2 11 min andet1987 20
Which one sounds the nastiest of all ? 14 min andet1987 0
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 16 min headlinesYTube 599,046
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 19 min Joyful8118 720,203
______*ANTICHRIST on world stage______ 20 min headlinesYTube 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Le_le 172,263
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 7 hr John 53
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••