|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi NS :)
No backstory other than what can be read on this thread from the time I started posting here. Before I posted, I'd read several pages of posts for context, I do that in every thread before posting. It's all there to be read and I don't feel comfortable with the idea of going over it all again. If I were to summarise the situation I would say we got off on the wrong foot and it escalated from there. I pretty much leave wn alone; when she/he leaves me be now. I've had enough.
<3
No need to go over it again, I have been reading on along…I just wondered is all. Sometimes even with the best of intentions(on both sides), some are harder to get along with than others. I just can’t figure out why you two seem to rub each other the wrong way, as much as you do <<shrugs>> Not saying that you should ignore what you read as an insult, but might I recommend a better (O_O) upon what she is saying to you in some of her posts? I like reading your post’s and I am not asking you to change, simply asking if perhaps your responses have become knee-jerk, due to the original getting off on the wrong foot part? I hope you are having a wonderful day today Juicylu.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Juicylu wrote:
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."
Eleanor Roosevelt
A very apt quote.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i can't speak for all theories, but mine is that this ornate & intricate creation came from a Divine Creator. this Creator has a Son named Jesus who came here about 2013 years ago in the flesh and anyone who doesn't have their head up the devil's ass can learn all about Him!
now, are you gonna tell me yours, strawman?
As a child, I was indoctrinated into Christian beliefs.( I will not supply any identifying aspects of personal life to the internet)

I have spent a lifetime, educating myself spiritually and secularly, searching for the Christian god.

I was born with intellect, curiosity, and scepticism; (among other traits). Surely these attributes of birth are gifts from god (if he exists)

There is no consistency in the bible, the church lies to support faith. There is no evidence in (secular) history to support the (biblical) historical jesus the christ. >>> These are not guesses, but the result of intensive study.

The christian institution preaches xenophobia, and paranoia, and fosters hate. This is not the behaviour of disciples of a moral god.

There is no abrahamic god, that religion is a lie, is immoral, and antisocial.

There is no evidence of any other deity.

If I must choose one, then “Spinoza’s god” is the most reasonable.

Humans have always built their god upon that which is unknown, such behaviour is silly.

The origin of the universe is unknown, it is most likely, infinite in scope and time, it may be cyclic, and it may be that which we call “universe” is only one small iteration of a very much larger expression.

Consider how your belief set drives your behaviour within culture; are you an asset or a liability?

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i am accountalbe with Jesus the Christ, who was crucified for my sins and raised for my justification.
won't you please join me?
there is no justification for your delusions, they are only yours.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Have a nice night moron. Your babble hasn't changed a mind on Topix all year.
Project much Cownie?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
How can there be so many different versions or interpretations of the same thing. Why don't the christian priests and things sit down and clear this up?
But that means Jesus was not God and he didn't know God's plan. He lost faith in his own belief. So why do christian's keep calling Jesus God then?
Dunno.

If Christians, Muslims and Jews would just realize that they only suffer from minor doctrinal differences, they could work the whole mess out over a weekend.

That'd make the world a much quieter place.

O'course, that'd unite them - and that's a pretty uncomfortable thought.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>good morning crybaby/whiner/demon/evil/chil d of satan/idiot
we're still not gonna date!!!!!
Okay, Clownie, you're still sorta the thread anti-mascot.

But you're attacking one of the nicest people on here, and that's just rude.

Apologize to the nice lady.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

p-o-p quiz wrote:
<quoted text>Christian fundamentalists are always so obsessed with homosexuality, attracted like a moth to a flamer.
maybe fundamantalist are, but normal folks like me just hate seeing our society pandor to a bunch of homo sex-monkeys;)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I'm Grace too? Intersting, that brings my count to 37.
I tried to have a discussion with you, have you forgotten in all your prancing about insulting women?
i'm sorry, you were talking like someone else i know. also, i'm sorry for the pharisee reference; it is honestly not my style to mix it up with fellow believers.

as for insulting women - i'm MUCH more courteous to my opposers than they are to me. now, please prove to me that you're not a pharisee/hyocrite and either confront them too or don't say anything to me:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
which one is your god?
If I believed in your god,
would I become more like you?
the One whom you're here to mock and oppose, of course. why would you mock & oppose the other gods who your own father promotes? that would be like beelzebub casting out beelzebub and we know that a kingdom divided against itself cannot stand

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe fundamantalist are, but normal folks like me just hate seeing our society pandor to a bunch of homo sex-monkeys;)
Wow, so you admit to not being human, how interesting.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
the One whom you're here to mock and oppose, of course. why would you mock & oppose the other gods who your own father promotes? that would be like beelzebub casting out beelzebub and we know that a kingdom divided against itself cannot stand
You believe in Zeus too? How awesome. Zeus is the one true god, as he defeated all others to claim the thrown himself. It's true because he said it's true.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
As a child, I was indoctrinated into Christian beliefs.( I will not supply any identifying aspects of personal life to the internet)
I have spent a lifetime, educating myself spiritually and secularly, searching for the Christian god.
I was born with intellect, curiosity, and scepticism; (among other traits). Surely these attributes of birth are gifts from god (if he exists)
There is no consistency in the bible, the church lies to support faith. There is no evidence in (secular) history to support the (biblical) historical jesus the christ. >>> These are not guesses, but the result of intensive study.
The christian institution preaches xenophobia, and paranoia, and fosters hate. This is not the behaviour of disciples of a moral god.
Humans have always built their god upon that which is unknown, such behaviour is silly.
The origin of the universe is unknown, it is most likely, infinite in scope and time, it may be cyclic, and it may be that which we call “universe” is only one small iteration of a very much larger expression.
Consider how your belief set drives your behaviour within culture; are you an asset or a liability?
you began to state your case both sincerly and objective; thank you for this, i think it's the first time you didn't begin with accusations or insults.

however, you went on to make bold assertions that you can't possibly prove. so i have a cpl questions for you:

1) do you understand that each person is an individual, whether they believe in Christ or not?

2) do you understand that every 'christian' pastor/church can emphasize different things and go in negative directions?

3) do you understand that just like every human, christians go through developmental stages from young to old/immature to mature?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
to be more clear, after i said; "however, you went on to make bold assertions that you can't possibly prove"

i should also have said: therefore, i have to assume that like everyone including me, you were offended by the people you were around in the church. so, i have a cpl questions for you....

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe in Zeus too? How awesome. Zeus is the one true god, as he defeated all others to claim the thrown himself. It's true because he said it's true.
hey kitty, why don't you prove to me that you don't believe in Jesus, by debating the sons of zeus at least as much as you do the sons of God;)

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll have to check that out @ the library, Oscar. I know that Gilgamesh is the oldest literature ever.
For Jewish history, try Michener's The Source.
Actually, Hebrew history, not Jewish history. The Hebrews were originally polytheistic. By the time they formed Israel, Asherah was rejected and most traces removed from the temples.

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
"Look at me Mom. I am dying."
"Mary, take care of your mother-in-law."
There were no men there, They would have been strung up, too. That is why the were all hiding.
The word "son" is most likely inserted later to put "John" where he wasn't.
Feel free to interpret it any way you want. It doesn't matter anyway.
Hmmmmm. I admit that is an interesting Dan Brown-ish take on the scene. I always just assumed that this part was added so that John would inherit the messiah shop after the boss retired, but then Saul came along and usurped all that.

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Goober Hull wrote:
Don't applaud, throw money! The Great One is back, feeling refreshed, and more knowledgeable, wise, and charming as ever. You may all bow in unison!
GOOBER HULL is back
Remind me, who's sock are you again?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
hey kitty, why don't you prove to me that you don't believe in Jesus, by debating the sons of zeus at least as much as you do the sons of God;)
Hmm, so your god's name isn't Zeus, then what is it? Zeus has more evidence supporting him than any of the other gods.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll take that as evasion.
So I'll ask one more time: If sin is defined by the first five books of the Hebrew bible, what is that definition? If it is missing the mark, what is that mark?
Answered repeatedly. Moving on...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 412,421 - 412,440 of440,856
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

684 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 2 min Harrison Freebird 52,525
1st BLOOD Moon (April 2014) ---- ANTICHRIST (May) 3 min YTubeNews 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 4 min Liam 38,026
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min RiversideRedneck 680,665
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 9 min Epic Cleavage 89,597
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min Pegasus Zorders Nemesis 250,432
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min StarC 512,290
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 32 min chapter100 274
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 39 min Anon 596,615
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 42 min Dave Nelson 217,166
•••
•••
•••