Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#436385 Jan 17, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they are not the same. My answer was based on the Bible, xians are going off of things that were made up by xians in the early churches.
For the rest, see my previous post.
I'll take that as evasion.

So I'll ask one more time: If sin is defined by the first five books of the Hebrew bible, what is that definition? If it is missing the mark, what is that mark?

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#436386 Jan 17, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
I marimba that and also agree that it's a good rule.
Ah, the good ole days.
Well, I think they tried harder, as a group, then. They most of them retired in sacred ignominy, and left the field to the HellaBoyz and DamnationDarlings. >yaawwn<

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#436387 Jan 17, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? Can't be:
26 When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy *son*!
27 Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto *his* own home.
"Son" and "his" (translated from Greek, granted) indicate a male, and by reference John.
"Look at me Mom. I am dying."

"Mary, take care of your mother-in-law."

There were no men there, They would have been strung up, too. That is why the were all hiding.

The word "son" is most likely inserted later to put "John" where he wasn't.

Feel free to interpret it any way you want. It doesn't matter anyway.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#436388 Jan 17, 2013
^^^^ the word "his" was most likely insterted^^^^

“The..”

Since: Dec 12

"..who whating how with huh?"

#436389 Jan 17, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
hi there gracewalker, the self-appointed judge/pharisee of those who you deem to be pharisees;)
why does it hafta be like this with us?:)
Now I'm Grace too? Intersting, that brings my count to 37.
I tried to have a discussion with you, have you forgotten in all your prancing about insulting women?

“The..”

#436390 Jan 17, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>So scientists, doctors, physicists and the like are not intelligent? Only those who imagine a deity are intelligent? Is that it?
You once again take something out of context to try to prove that your superstitious imaginings are more important than knowledge.
If you take into consideration the country of Germany at the time he was brought up there, never daring to ask questions of anything taught to him, you might then understand that imagination is the application of knowledge plus questioning plus imagining what could be done if the mind was not stunted by those who would keep you from questioning or imagining. The same was true of Gallileo.
But you don't seem to be able to think beyond the words you use to try and prove that education is the bug-bear and faith should replace it. Don't deny that either, as several of your posts have belittled knowledge in favor of an imaginary being.
Stop using your computer. It's not imaginary. It took not only imagination but knowledge to invent it. Write everything down with quill and ink and have a pigeon carry it to someone who thinks learning isn't against God's will.
Great questions. Ask Einstein...wait, he's dead. You probably wouldn't need to ask him anyway, you're so much smarter than he ever was, I should be quoting you!

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#436391 Jan 17, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
"Look at me Mom. I am dying."
"Mary, take care of your mother-in-law."
There were no men there, They would have been strung up, too. That is why the were all hiding.
The word "son" is most likely inserted later to put "John" where he wasn't.
Feel free to interpret it any way you want. It doesn't matter anyway.
See, that's the thing. Yer a pretty sharp individil, yes you are, but hubris you got by the camel-load.....

“The..”

#436392 Jan 17, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>So you agree that Annie made a complete fool of herself by having an intelligent and well-thought out post?
You and clownie should get together. His last girlfriend dumped him. I'm sure I can't imagine why.
What fools the two of you make of yourselves mocking an intelligent post. What a fool you make of yourself for congratulating someone who can't come up with anything more intelligent than 'your dumb' as an answer.
The two of you are doing just what is good for the world...helping to completely wash the filth of fundamentalism from it.
I was laughing at Clownie. I have no issues with Annie. She is lovely.
"You're ignorant."
water_nymph

So much better than quoting Einstein.....?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#436393 Jan 17, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you grant him too much credit. I was thinking more along the age ot maybe 7 years, he can't be more than 10.
Were any even 14-year-old relative of mine that incompetent in the language, he or she would be in deep doo-doo.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#436394 Jan 17, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Why would Jesus have had a need to inform his mother that he was her son?
I realize that everyone interprets the Bible differently. I have no doubt if half a dozen people read that each of them would interpret it differently. But I still don't understand why Jesus would have had to announce himself as her son. None of my sons has ever said,'Woman, look. Here is your son.' They say 'Hi, Mom'.
Unless, of course, the "twin" story is true.

The Borderland of Sol

#436395 Jan 17, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>And it may save a few Yeehaw boys from being hospitalized. Even better, their victims.
Yes.
One hopes both.

“The..”

#436396 Jan 17, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I noticed that she agreed with him but just decided to say...oh well...
I think the conversation between NS and I is what it should be all about...not the subject matter but the fact that we could see something from a different point of view and discuss it civilly...hopefully each having a little clearer insight into each other.
I suppose that it just doesn't work that way for some.
Again...oh well...
I'm pretty sure Clownie was talking to Huh in the post I responded to, just checked it again and yep, I thought Clownie's post was funny and my comments had nothing to do with you or NS. Not sure how that came across.

The Borderland of Sol

#436397 Jan 17, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> I LOVED that book. But I wouldn't take it as Jewish history altogether, though it does have some in it.
YES!!

Michener can't write for beans, but his research is impeccable.

LOVED it.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#436398 Jan 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Unless, of course, the "twin" story is true.
what story is that? R u making it up?

I thought Jesus called the beloved disciple the son of Mary? What's wrong with that?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#436399 Jan 17, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pretty sure Clownie was talking to Huh in the post I responded to, just checked it again and yep, I thought Clownie's post was funny and my comments had nothing to do with you or NS. Not sure how that came across.
Not a biggie...

Location hidden

#436400 Jan 17, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they are not the same. My answer was based on the Bible, xians are going off of things that were made up by xians in the early churches.
For the rest, see my previous post.
Hahah!
That being said, wasn't the "bible" itself made up by "christians" of the early church(that dictated by Constantine and Eusebius-Jerome)?
And, at that, being bias to extreme.

Location hidden

#436401 Jan 17, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
what story is that? R u making it up?
I thought Jesus called the beloved disciple the son of Mary? What's wrong with that?
There are several stories in the wind.That being one of them.

Location hidden

#436402 Jan 17, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> I get 'page not found'. Try making the link a tiny url?
Works fine now...
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/01/08/nasa-ne...

Location hidden

#436403 Jan 17, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I'm Grace too? Intersting, that brings my count to 37.
I tried to have a discussion with you, have you forgotten in all your prancing about insulting women?
You can be me if ya wan't...but you'll have ta pay royalties fer the avatar. They are paid on a per post basis...promotions have already ended for this one.

“The..”

#436404 Jan 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> You can be me if ya wan't...but you'll have ta pay royalties fer the avatar. They are paid on a per post basis...promotions have already ended for this one.
Pml...Soun's good ta me...I'll add it to the list, don't expect royalties anytime soon though, it's a long list ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min It aint necessari... 750,694
Are NFL teams....LYING about why they don't wan... 6 min Doctor REALITY 26
Appjoy invite code (Apr '14) 14 min Cable989 109
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 14 min yon 555
John Paul II HS. Chili Supper 19 min jpiicatholichs 1
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 21 min Liam 548,659
The REAL reason Oscar Pistorius was sent straig... 21 min Doctor REALITY 4
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 59 min Dr_Zorderz 261,670
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr dr Shrink 602,176
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 1 hr chevyguy 127

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE