Why I’m no longer a Christian

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#436360 Jan 17, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you have slapped G_O_D the liar up side that big pumpkin head... plus exposed him as a slow/poor reader.. one of your better posts...
I didn't slap anyone. We're having a conversation, idiot. People having a conversation don't honk their red nose and claim a victory when there is simply a conversation going on. Try to remember that as you pedal you little clown car down the expressway.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#436361 Jan 17, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Good!
That might help reduce damage to bridge abutments.
(SORRY! That's what we used to say in PA...)
And it may save a few Yeehaw boys from being hospitalized. Even better, their victims.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#436362 Jan 17, 2013
p-o-p quiz wrote:
<quoted text>From no punctuation to punctuation abuse......You should reread your post. You write as though you are 14. Seriously.
My 9 and 10 year old grandchildren write MUCH better than that, so don't be insulting children like that.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#436363 Jan 17, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the discussion has been about xianity, I have been referring to that Bible. Most other religions call their holy works something else, like the Kama Sutra, Tao Te Jing, etc, etc, etc.
As for specific references, I am afraid that I have been rather lazy on this, I am passing along info that I learned from my Jewish friends without looking up the specific passages for myself.
And the mark is meeting the expectations that were (allegedly) received by Moses from the God of the Bible and handed down to the children of Israel in the Torah (aka Pentateuch), the first five books of the Bible). By definition, all sin is described in those books.
Fine.

We've narrowed it down to the first five books of the Hebrew Bible. Now, which key passage(s)? What mark?

And regardless of which passage(s), are those really what most Christians define as sin, or is they what *you* define as sin based on those documents?

Are the definitions the same?

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#436364 Jan 17, 2013
s they - are they

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#436365 Jan 17, 2013
p-o-p quiz wrote:
<quoted text>Is Christianity synonymous with homosexuality?
No, but fundamentalist Christianity is.
Lost In Transition

United States

#436366 Jan 17, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not sure. I have always understood it to mean accompanied by, but now that you ask the question, I am not absolutely positive that that is the answer. 98% sure, but not 100%.
You know how feminine aspects are....always playing the match-maker.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#436367 Jan 17, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Now you're just encouraging the paranoia. STOPPIT!
That was good, right?
:)

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#436368 Jan 17, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? Can't be:
26 When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy *son*!
27 Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto *his* own home.
"Son" and "his" (translated from Greek, granted) indicate a male, and by reference John.
I think whoever said it was Lazarus was correct. He is the only one Jesus ever claimed to love.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#436369 Jan 17, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you grant him too much credit. I was thinking more along the age ot maybe 7 years, he can't be more than 10.
Nope. My grandchildren have been writing better sentences than his since 3rd grade.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#436370 Jan 17, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Now you're just encouraging the paranoia. STOPPIT!
That was good, right?
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/201 3/01/08/nasa-neutron-star-vide o-looks-like-god-smoking-a-joi nt/

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#436371 Jan 17, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, but what if entry into Heaven is based on traits like being a considerate lover?
;)
Then he's still a creepy peeper with a large side of pervert added on.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#436372 Jan 17, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
(psst... we might hit the 80's tomorrow...)
:P
Big raspberry, Liam.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#436373 Jan 17, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll have to check that out @ the library, Oscar. I know that Gilgamesh is the oldest literature ever.
For Jewish history, try Michener's The Source.
I LOVED that book. But I wouldn't take it as Jewish history altogether, though it does have some in it.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#436374 Jan 17, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not sure. I have always understood it to mean accompanied by, but now that you ask the question, I am not absolutely positive that that is the answer. 98% sure, but not 100%.
So there's a 2% chance that God is having a menage a` trois every time a couple has sex thinking they are alone? Ewwwww!

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#436375 Jan 17, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine.
We've narrowed it down to the first five books of the Hebrew Bible. Now, which key passage(s)? What mark?
And regardless of which passage(s), are those really what most Christians define as sin, or is they what *you* define as sin based on those documents?
Of course they are not the same. My answer was based on the Bible, xians are going off of things that were made up by xians in the early churches.

For the rest, see my previous post.

#436376 Jan 17, 2013
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
You know how feminine aspects are....always playing the match-maker.
I was trying to avoid confusing the xians THAT much...
yournuts

United States

#436377 Jan 17, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting for those insults, are you taking a break or something? I mean, I'm seeing words on the screen but they don't seem to make any sense. Is there some English there?
Like I said nature beat me to it!!!!! And as for your homo buddy POOP QUIZ!!!!! Why would I care what two homo's do come on one is the boy the other is the woman both ugly and have penis envy oh well!!!! Just stop talking with mouth full.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#436378 Jan 17, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine.
There are 22 words (or compound words)in Hebrew used for word which is translated 'sin' and 23 in Greek. You would need a specific verse and the Hebrew or Greek word used in that particular verse to know exactly what it means. Just sayin'.

#436379 Jan 17, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> So there's a 2% chance that God is having a menage a` trois every time a couple has sex thinking they are alone? Ewwwww!
The more the merrier!

How ever, I would point out that this IS referring to the God of the Bible, so this only applies to the children of Israel being watched...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Justice League_ 865,035
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 8 min andet1987 6,308
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min June VanDerMark 599,833
Pro Lifers Are The Same As liberals 16 min Burke Devlin 8
The Christian Atheist debate 42 min Just pondering 2,012
alshayae 48 min atqwa 4
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 272,420
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 4 hr Frannie 44
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) Fri sangili karuppan 7,502
More from around the web