“The who whating how with huh?”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

#436264 Jan 17, 2013
yournuts wrote:
<quoted text>And your one UGLY ass MAN trying to be a WOMAN so who cares what a fairy princess as yourself has to say can't be a man so try being a woman you will fail there too lowlife
Lame.

Earth

#436265 Jan 17, 2013
yournuts wrote:
<quoted text>And your one UGLY ass MAN trying to be a WOMAN so who cares what a fairy princess as yourself has to say can't be a man so try being a woman you will fail there too lowlife
Hers was better.

Earth

#436266 Jan 17, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>that's what all the flamers try to say;)
No. Get it right. Only 'fundies' do that! It's the law.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#436268 Jan 17, 2013
yournuts wrote:
<quoted text>
And your one UGLY ass MAN trying to be a WOMAN so who cares what a fairy princess as yourself has to say can't be a man so try being a woman you will fail there too lowlife
Are you kidding me? Kitten is a man.. And I've been working up the nerve to ask her out..:( thanks for the info yournuts

Earth

#436267 Jan 17, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>Willy stole that from the mythical character Socrates in a story allegedly written by a fellow named Plato.
Yes. Where else?
<3

Earth

#436269 Jan 17, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
Many pastors do just that though. If I may give one example here: Pastor Fred Phelps of Westboro Baptist Church. I do not think that he is teaching the message of Christ to his followers, so I do not attend his Church. Even if they do believe that homosexuality is going against God, how are they trying to bring those they are demeaning the loving message of Christ?
AnnieJ wrote, "
YesÂ…it is a common practiceÂ…
Many Christians expect non-Christians to live by the rules of the OT while they only apply the NT (well whenever it suits them) to themselves."

I donÂ’t know that it is a Christian/non-Christian thing, some do the same thing to other Christians. Sometimes I honestly wonder if they understand that they are even doing itÂ…Â…
AnnieJ wrote, "
Here is where my confusion started I think.
You stated in one of your posts that the Bible says homosexuality is a sin. In this post you clarified the OT and that the NT is not clearÂ…verdict is still out in a sense. I assume (I knowÂ…a dangerous thing) that you still have questions as to if it is or not.
Based on that assumptionÂ…
Would you be comfortable with an ordained minister that might “possibly” be living outside of the teachings of the Bible?"

I am unwilling to instruct another on how to live based on a presumption of sin. At times every Christian steps outside the teachings of the Bible. It is not possible for someone to live by the word at all times.
AnnieJ wrote, "
Believe meÂ…it was NOT my intentÂ…not only for personal reasons but have not ever considered it a sin. I am not even sure how any logical person could make that comparison."

I didnÂ’t think so, but wanted to make sure we were on the same page there.

ContinuedÂ…..
Westboro *shivers*

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#436270 Jan 17, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a vile moron, Is your life so boring and dull that you have to pick on everyone else? Is your self esteem so lacking that in order to feel partially worth more than a speck of dust is to insult other people? Is your brain so incapable of any logical or valid thoughts that the only contribution to the internet you can make is useless one liners with no substance?
You should go upstairs and ask your parents to help you answer these for yourself, because thus far I am unimpressed with your trolling. It is as if the funny farm rejected you for being too droll. It seems as if your last braincell was killed off with bath salts too. How many faces have you eaten, in real life, not that imaginary life you try to live on WoW. But then you'd probably have to get off your fat butt and we'd have reports of earthquakes in your area as you try to run to catch your prey.
My guess is that this person is the spouse of "knowledge". They used to post a lot. He changed names several times to try to cover his tracks but his style and obvious incapability to spell was always the give away. He never had anything of substance to offer, just weak attempts at insults. And of course, he wasn't a "good" a christian as his wife...go figure...

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#436271 Jan 17, 2013
"as good as"...sorry

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#436272 Jan 17, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That is how it is "supposed to be". In reality, many academians (esp. the most notable) are just as biased, bigotted, money hungry and egotistical as any Fundie. BTDT
Scientists are no 'saints' either. They just do it in the name of "Science" instead of "God".
Humans are humans.
I never indicated that all scientists are perfect. What I did say is that science starts with a question and lets the findings answer for themselves no matter where they go and theism starts out with the answer and makes everything fit that answer. If you don't agree with that statement, so be it.

Are you wanting an argument on this rainy, dreary day? If so, I don't think I have it in me. I've got a good book at hand and would rather read than argue.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#436273 Jan 17, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Murderer was probably not a good example. I should have condensed my list to…those that live outside the teachings of the Bible.
<quoted text>
Yes…it is a common practice…
Many Christians expect non-Christians to live by the rules of the OT while they only apply the NT (well whenever it suits them) to themselves.
<quoted text>
Here is where my confusion started I think.
You stated in one of your posts that the Bible says homosexuality is a sin. In this post you clarified the OT and that the NT is not clear…verdict is still out in a sense. I assume (I know…a dangerous thing) that you still have questions as to if it is or not.
Based on that assumption…
Would you be comfortable with an ordained minister that might “possibly” be living outside of the teachings of the Bible?
<quoted text>
Believe me…it was NOT my intent…not only for personal reasons but have not ever considered it a sin. I am not even sure how any logical person could make that comparison.
<quoted text>
NS…IMO…the problem lies in the belief that all offenses/sins are equal. For a god to judge so in my opinion is ludicrous. How can a god judge someone that maybe has sex outside of marriage to one that has abused a child or taken someones life equally.
My response to you was not specifically about this issue but more for working out something in my mind. I grew up in a household that was “old school” religion…very much like a “Dusty”. You were to follow the “word” in its entirety or surely you would burn in hell. When I look back…I shudder with horror…thus I no longer am a Christian.
Okay…can’t seem to be able to put the rest in words that make sense so I will wait on that.
Thanks for taking the time to answer some of my questions. Maybe someone else will get the hint what is supposed to happen when a question is asked! I doubt it…but one can hope.
Every preacher lives outside the teachings of the Bible. They are, after all, human. Their sins of having a little too much wine for dinner are not considered any smaller sin (according to the Bible) than a person who is homosexual sleeping with his/her partner.

Most Christians tend to pick a sin they are not committing at the moment and make it larger than the ones they are committing. The followers in a church tend to pick whatever sin that is when the preacher is against it.

But as time and technology have shown, many many preachers are committing the very sins against which they so ardently preach.

If you don't want someone who commits sin in the pulpit, I suggest you stay away from places with pulpits.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#436275 Jan 17, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
It is? Ok, since you say so, it must be true.
Incorrect, again. That's not how it works.

It is always amazing to see what one will tell one's self to perpetuate a delusion.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#436274 Jan 17, 2013
love_spell wrote:
<quoted text>
here is the one from last year.
FUNDIE DANCE LEGEND**
1. Fundie Jitterbug: the desperate lashout involving threats of fire and brimstone; the eternal lake of fire
2. Fundie Circle Dance: Endless, robotic chanting of bible passages to avoid answering
3. Fundie Charleston: back-pedaling
4. Fundie Hustle: Diversionary tactics such as: a.)trying to change the subject. b.)emphasizing something else out of context. c.)evading by responding to questions with questions.
5. Pee-Wee Style or Punk Dance (yes, they both officially exist): the issuance of ad hominem
6. Fundie Twist: Posting a reply to a question or challenge with nothing other than point out errors in spelling, grammar or syntax.
7. Fundie Shuffle: Shuffling the content of your post like a deck of cards with the result being a whole new meaning.
8. Fundie Waltz: Fundies twirl around in (not so very) graceful circles, attempting to dishonestly provide an argument that may sound convincing.
9. Fundie Sock Hop: The instance that life was so much better before the First Amendment was reinforced, when an omnipotent, omnipresent was somehow removed from within the walls of every public institution of learning by the Magic Ink-Filled Sword of O'Hare, despite reams of evidence to the contrary.
10. Fundie Hippie Freestyle: Wherein the fundies have absolutely no idea that the entire Born-Again movement, which may have had its impetus from a single Booble verse, actually can be traced directly back to Chuck Colson and the Jesus Freaks of the 1960's.
11. Fundie Ostrich: Wherein the fundies have no idea of the origins of their doctrine nor the Booblical Canon, claiming a direct line to Big Baby Jeebus, which is probably the most historically inaccurate portrayal of events since the cherry tree.
12. Fundie Duststorm: Where lucid moments of clear, rational thinking are suddenly beaten down by phantasmagorical stories of torture worm wishes and Chick Tract dreams.
13. Discerner Dodge: Creating a god that agrees with everything you think and feel, mix in unhealthy doses of ignorance, racism, misogyny, homophobia, mix with a passive/aggressive blender, claim a direct pipeline to what the sky tyrant means, claim the Booble is the Grand Book of Hints and you are the Grand Poobah of Parablic Pontification and top with an overwhelming desire to play motorboat between the heaving, bodice-ripping, prodigiously-majestic mammarian protuberances of the legendary earthbound goddess, Water_Nymph.
14. Fundie Gay Lick No True Scotsman Highland Shuffle: When fundamentalists pull the cliched and contradictory "If you used to be a Christian, you were never one to begin with" strategy.
15. The Walter Mitty Waltz: When an uncomfortable truth is before you, pirouette, turn your back and become someone else.
16. The Prevaricatio Polka: When caught in a lie, take two steps forward, one back and scream a new lie louder.
17. Sock Puppet Samba: When a fundamentalist is bested (which is every time), he/she returns with an imaginary army of numerous sock puppets. Also known as the Jamaican Jerk Watusi.
18. Haggard Hoedown: When a fundamentalist inevitably falls back on the "you-must-be-gay" default when intellectually bested and cornered.
Envisioned and created by Ocean 56, Purple Haze, Bigger Baby Jeebus, Water_Nymph, macumazahn and updated on this day, February 24, 2012.
Thanks for this and the FM scale. I have not seen that one before. Is it yours?

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#436276 Jan 17, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is you that needs to remember how to "see".
I remember when you weren't a common troll.
Okey dokey

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#436277 Jan 17, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>I never indicated that all scientists are perfect. What I did say is that science starts with a question and lets the findings answer for themselves no matter where they go and theism starts out with the answer and makes everything fit that answer. If you don't agree with that statement, so be it.
Are you wanting an argument on this rainy, dreary day? If so, I don't think I have it in me. I've got a good book at hand and would rather read than argue.
It's pretty miserable here, too. Bit warmer is all.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#436278 Jan 17, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning to you too!
I have been up for a while. Did some ironing and recipe searching. I bought artichokes at the market yesterday and went looking for how I wanted to cook them...decided on stuffed ones.
I am on this path of cooking whole foods and trying to avoid as many processed foods as possible. Last night I did stuffed red peppers that were great! Definitely was a keeper. I found this site that has some wonderful low-fat versions of some great recipes.
skinnytaste.com if your interested. I have enjoyed going through the site and have tried a few...all have been good.
I have been on a kick of salads, both hot and cold. I go through phases, I guess.

Today I'm having chili. It fits the weather.

Thanks for the site. I'm always up for trying something new, as you know. I love cooking. I am thinking of writing a book on how to use leftovers. Nothing ever goes to waste at my house. I just have this thing about letting food spoil and go to waste. My mom must have instilled that. We had soup every Friday. Any leftovers went into it so that nothing ever went bad. My mom made the best vegetable soup in the world. I never have been able to match that taste. Maybe it's the 'Mom' taste.

I moderated a fig-stuffed pork loin and made two fig-stuffed pork chops. Got the recipe from allrecipes.com . I have about a hundred cookbooks. Some of them are so worn they are taped together. They have stains from splatters of past recipes. My youngest son's wife says that when I die, those are the ones she wants, to heck with the shiny new ones.

Here is that recipe for the fig-stuffed loin. I'm sure you can pare it down as I did if you don't want to cook a whole loin.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/fig-stuffed-p...

Homemade Parker House rolls, some fresh asparagus and half a baked potato (mine is sour cream only) and you have a meal fit for a queen.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#436279 Jan 17, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
John isn't there, there are no men at all. Read it carefully. Mary Magdelene is the "disciple Jesus loved".
LOL *snort*

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#436280 Jan 17, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
John isn't there, there are no men at all. Read it carefully. Mary Magdelene is the "disciple Jesus loved".
"there are no men at all. Read it carefully"

John 19:26
"So when Jesus saw his mother and the disciple whom he loved standing there, he said to his mother,“Woman, look, here is your son!”

*doink*
yournuts

United States

#436281 Jan 17, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Lame.
You are LAME and that is the truth
yournuts

United States

#436282 Jan 17, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Are you kidding me? Kitten is a man.. And I've been working up the nerve to ask her out..:( thanks for the info yournuts
Just look at that pic if that's a woman wow she hit every branch on the ugly tree and the adams apple tells all too glad I could help!!!!

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#436283 Jan 17, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he already knew my answer to this, as I have had this discussion on here before. He managed to get the conversation away from my original question, without giving me an answer. <<shrugs>> You all told me that is what would happen….but it has truly been interesting the hoops he has chosen to go through to do so. He might not have taken anything from the conversation, but I did. Good morning to you Water!
Good afternoon, NS.

It has been good to have some decent conversations here the last few days, no matter the deflection and hatred of the regular fundies.

I think sometimes their whole effort is to keep any actual conversations from taking place, thinking that if we don't say something to make them think they'll be okay.

I always take something positive away from your posts. That's one of the good things about being here. The light actually gets through and it's a brighter day.

Waassuupp was looking for something with which he could condemn you in an effort to try to make you forget that you had asked a question. It's his stock and trade. He has never once answered a serious question about anything. I don't really hold out a lot of hope that he ever will. I think it is because he realizes he doesn't know enough to join in a conversation with anything other than insults and diversions. But he can spend less time here and learn more to join in any time he chooses. But his choice seems to be against education of his own holy book or it's history. Shame. But them's the facts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Stilgar Fifrawi 762,361
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Anthony MN 554,252
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 11 min RiccardoFire 37,581
tuanatalia add me on instagram 22 min tuanatalia 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 25 min Clearwater 174,885
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 32 min onemale 263,142
SMOKING: One of the dumbest - deadliest human h... 40 min Doctor REALITY 8
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 12 hr jeremin 175

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE