“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

#436225 Jan 17, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>“Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.” Albert Einstein
I love it when you have to use someone other than your God to try to prove your faith. Especially when you think it holds more weight than the millions of other people who believe in the supernatural.
God's word is evidently not enough.
By the way, here is something else Einstein said:
"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation and is but a reflection of human frailty."
and
"True religion is real living; living with all one's soul, with all one's goodness and righteousness."
and
"One strength of the communist system of the East is that it has some of the character of a religion and inspires the emotions of a religion."
When you try to represent a great mind with one quote, it most often fails.
Why would a quote from you be any less important than that of a famous person?
Many famous people talked about God:
"Question with boldness even the existence of God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson
"Millions of innocent men, women, and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burned, tortured, fined, and imprisoned, yet we have not advanced one inch toward uniformity. What has been the effect of coercion? To make one half of the world fools and the other half hypocrites." Notes on Virginia Thomas Jefferson
"History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance of which their civil as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purposes" Letter to von Humboldt, 1813 Jefferson
"In no instance have ... the churches been guardians of the liberties of the people." James Madison,
"Religious bondage shackles and debilitates the mind and unfits it for every noble enterprise." April 1, 1774 James Madison
"I have never seen the slightest scientific proof of the religious ideas of heaven and hell, of future life for individuals, or of a personal God." Thomas Edison
"...nothing physical which sense-experience sets before our eyes, or which necessary demonstrations prove to us, ought to be called into question (much less condemned) upon the testimony of biblical passages." as quoted in Blind Watchers of the Sky, p. 101 Galileo Galilei
"All that my work has shown is that you don't have to say that the way the universe began was the personal whim of God." Stephen Hawking
So you see, not all famous people, much less scientists, agree with your mined quote.
What one can prove by quotes, another can disprove.
Speak for yourself and your personal knowledge/thoughts. Don't try to prove that what you believe is universally thought the same by those who have gone before, but rather that you have a personal reason for your belief.
i wonder if she realizes AL didn't believe in christian god.

in fact he often stated that nature was his idea of god.

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#436224 Jan 17, 2013
If that list only applies to 'fundies' then 90% of topix posters here are 'fundies' I picked up a lot of those skills from nearly every post I've read and had most of those things as responses to my posts. Good list, I'll be keeping a copy just so you know and will give credit where credit is due.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#436226 Jan 17, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
There is no "satan," dumb ass. "Satan" is as fictional as G_O_D's "certifications."
So now Kate "proves" Satan is real.

Such Limburger.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

#436227 Jan 17, 2013
<quoted text>
With friends like you, who needs enemas?
stupid people are like ex-lax. they irrate the crap out of ya.

LoL

“Love much, trust none”

There

#436228 Jan 17, 2013
... First against me, then against, Huh......
You're one and the same.

A Limberger in a sock.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#436229 Jan 17, 2013
<quoted text>
See what I mean?
Ex post facto prophecy just like a christian!

What a loser.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#436230 Jan 17, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Eleanor Roosevelt once said...
“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
Kaitlin...each time that you let someone get to you in a sense you are opening the door for them to continue. When you allow yourself to become angry you have given them what they want.
No matter what anyone says to you they can not take away your beliefs and what those beliefs stand for. Nor should anyone's opinion here matter to you. They don't pay your bills...hold your hand when you are sick...nor will they grow old with you.
I have to admit...SOME of you posts are a bit much for me but when you leave of the vile and nasty language a kind and caring person comes through. I like that Kaitlin...would love to see more of her.
I think some people come after you Kaitlin because they like to see you upset...they like for you to be angry. They take joy in being the one that causes it.
I know...it isn't any of my business.
Kate was vile and bitchy long before coming here. She was 'chased off' "Prove there is a God" for being beyond the pale. That was why she came to this thread. If you are reviled by everyone more than Buck and YD you might want to think about why.

Now she has gone to WSJLM to crap all over that thread.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#436231 Jan 17, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for responding NS. I want to think about your response before I reply but just wanted to let you that I had read it. It is early in my slice of the world and I haven't had my morning quota of coffee yet.
So I will get back with you.
BTW...Good morning!
Good morning to you AnnieJ.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#436232 Jan 17, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would homosexuality be a sin?
<quoted text>
Translation: "Duuhh...I don't know, but I won't admit it. I need duh buybull to tell me what to believe."
Of course he needs the Bible. He doesn't have "eight generations of Etruscan witches" telling him fairytales amd bullshit.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#436233 Jan 17, 2013
<quoted text>
..... "G_O_D" isn't getting to me,....
Sure I am. You even had to create sock puppets like a fundie lunatic.

You are just another moron that thinks their shit smells better than everyone else's.

You can dish it out but can't take it.
You bash Christians but I make fun of your "religion" and you start wining about how I am persecuting your entire family.

You are as big a fukwad as Viking is. You just don't have the brains to realize it or the guts to admit it.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#436234 Jan 17, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh wait! I know this one!
John 19:25-27: "Near the cross of Jesus stood his mother, his mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene. When Jesus saw his mother there, and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, he said to her,“Woman, here is your son,” and to the disciple,“Here is your mother.” From that time on, this disciple took her into his home."
Considering he and his beloved John were basically married in front of his mother and witnesses, I think Jesus was OK with it.
John isn't there, there are no men at all. Read it carefully. Mary Magdelene is the "disciple Jesus loved".

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#436235 Jan 17, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Bombs? Well, at least you're being creative...have another :D
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."
William Shakespeare
"The rash assertion that 'God made man in His own image' is ticking like a time bomb at the foundation of many faiths."

- Arthur C. Clarke.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#436236 Jan 17, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Murderer was probably not a good example. I should have condensed my list to…those that live outside the teachings of the Bible.
<quoted text>
Yes…it is a common practice…
Many Christians expect non-Christians to live by the rules of the OT while they only apply the NT (well whenever it suits them) to themselves.
<quoted text>
Here is where my confusion started I think.
You stated in one of your posts that the Bible says homosexuality is a sin. In this post you clarified the OT and that the NT is not clear…verdict is still out in a sense. I assume (I know…a dangerous thing) that you still have questions as to if it is or not.
Based on that assumption…
Would you be comfortable with an ordained minister that might “possibly” be living outside of the teachings of the Bible?
<quoted text>
Believe me…it was NOT my intent…not only for personal reasons but have not ever considered it a sin. I am not even sure how any logical person could make that comparison.
<quoted text>
NS…IMO…the problem lies in the belief that all offenses/sins are equal. For a god to judge so in my opinion is ludicrous. How can a god judge someone that maybe has sex outside of marriage to one that has abused a child or taken someones life equally.
My response to you was not specifically about this issue but more for working out something in my mind. I grew up in a household that was “old school” religion…very much like a “Dusty”. You were to follow the “word” in its entirety or surely you would burn in hell. When I look back…I shudder with horror…thus I no longer am a Christian.
Okay…can’t seem to be able to put the rest in words that make sense so I will wait on that.
Thanks for taking the time to answer some of my questions. Maybe someone else will get the hint what is supposed to happen when a question is asked! I doubt it…but one can hope.
I like it when you ramble on about nothing, it simply makes you look foolish but this whining makes you look pathetic. Come on have a little self respect and take a drink of reality. I bet you wear purple panties.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#436237 Jan 17, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
John isn't there, there are no men at all. Read it carefully. Mary Magdelene is the "disciple Jesus loved".
Put them false teeth in when you post... nasty

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#436238 Jan 17, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
That's wonderful! You need Him, He loves us all and I don't own Him or anything :D
Praise Jesus!
<3
Another great post! >3

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#436239 Jan 17, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
you're a liar
Huh

Bedford, TX

#436240 Jan 17, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You're one and the same.
A Limberger in a sock.
Cite your source, nimrod. And try to get better than a "C" next time.
Huh

Bedford, TX

#436241 Jan 17, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Cite your source.
Huh

Bedford, TX

#436242 Jan 17, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure I am. You even had to create sock puppets like a fundie lunatic.
You are just another moron that thinks their shit smells better than everyone else's.
You can dish it out but can't take it.
You bash Christians but I make fun of your "religion" and you start wining about how I am persecuting your entire family.
You are as big a fukwad as Viking is. You just don't have the brains to realize it or the guts to admit it.
Says the clown you also posts under Paul is not God. Man, you are ridiculous. How can people let you near children?
Huh

Bedford, TX

#436243 Jan 17, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is you that needs to remember how to "see".
I remember when you weren't a common troll.
Hahaha. Irony explosion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Tony17 559,052
10 ways to make money easily 7 min salmi-pro 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 41 min pusherman_ 774,058
Does anyone like watching people masterbate? (May '14) 48 min devilkitty666 14
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr lightbeamrider 175,557
Couch Potato Alert 2 hr yon 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Seraphima 604,838
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr onemale 265,020
More from around the web