|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for responding NS. I want to think about your response before I reply but just wanted to let you that I had read it. It is early in my slice of the world and I haven't had my morning quota of coffee yet.
So I will get back with you.
BTW...Good morning!
It's still raining in my part of the world. I snuggled in for a while this morning. Nothing much to do but housework and it will wait until I have a warm cuppa.

Good morning, Annie.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't see it then nothing I say is going to change anything.
I think it is you that needs to remember how to "see".

I remember when you weren't a common troll.

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> I suppose you thought this was clever when you posted it. Which one of these characters are you comparing yourself to? I bet it's the one that was paranoid about other people out to get him because all he was doing was dropping bombs.
Nic Fish is beyond you.
Bombs? Well, at least you're being creative...have another :D

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."
William Shakespeare

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>He doesn't realize still that those words were spoken about people like him. It was not talking to those outside the faith, but those inside it.
If they did they would be agreeing with me just to get out of them.

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that's a delusion.
It is? Ok, since you say so, it must be true.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would homosexuality be a sin?
Because the laws in their magic book that they say don't apply any more says so.

See how simple it is ?

However, some of them say that once you become a Christian you can then commit rape and murder and still get to heaven.

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>We have your god.
That's wonderful! You need Him, He loves us all and I don't own Him or anything :D
Praise Jesus!
<3

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>... True scientists start out with a question, and no matter where the evidence leads, allow it to fit itself into the position where it belongs...
That is how it is "supposed to be". In reality, many academians (esp. the most notable) are just as biased, bigotted, money hungry and egotistical as any Fundie. BTDT

Scientists are no 'saints' either. They just do it in the name of "Science" instead of "God".

Humans are humans.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you????? Why are you here???? Are you a soc????? Are you a spy?????You sound like a rapist!!! Who are you really???? You must be a 'cristurd' to talk like that!!!! Are you FBI or a 'Top Mod'???? erase your posts!!!!
I am watching you O_O
that's the resident troll, hiding behind yet another sock.

best way to insult a fool, is to ignore it.

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

*outburst*

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

love_spell wrote:
<quoted text>
that's the resident troll, hiding behind yet another sock.
best way to insult a fool, is to ignore it.
I try my best, sorry about my outburts, been seeing a lot of that around the place and was in a very silly mood.
How are you love? Haven't read you in a bit.
<3

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TSHQAVD...

A murderer belongs behind bars, just as anyone else that commits heinous crimes, and our laws see to that. If a murderer on death row finds God, and has a calling to preach to other inmates….is that a problem? We seem to be talking about very different things.
Cont....
Murderer was probably not a good example. I should have condensed my list to…those that live outside the teachings of the Bible.
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TSHQAVD...

-The Old Testament states clearly that homosexuality is a sin. Ask a Christian why they do not try to follow all the commandments found within the Bible instead of just 10, and they will point blank tell you that they do not have to because they are in the old testament. Yet some choose to pull clobber passages from it, to smack away at another. That is simply hypocritical in my opinion.
Yes…it is a common practice…

Many Christians expect non-Christians to live by the rules of the OT while they only apply the NT (well whenever it suits them) to themselves.
-The New Testament is not clear on the subject. I am sure that anyone taking the time to read this that is a Christian, will want pull out three passages that they think prove me wrong. I would recommend that they look up the discussion’s about the scripture’s in question, and the dispute’s going on about the translations. Yet with all the dispute going on….good people that have felt a personal calling from God, are unable to do so because some say that it is very clear that they should not do so, because the Bible says so.

Here is where my confusion started I think.

You stated in one of your posts that the Bible says homosexuality is a sin. In this post you clarified the OT and that the NT is not clear…verdict is still out in a sense. I assume (I know…a dangerous thing) that you still have questions as to if it is or not.

Based on that assumption…

Would you be comfortable with an ordained minister that might “possibly” be living outside of the teachings of the Bible?
I take personal offense at people comparing homosexuality to pedophiles, I know that was not your intent but need to express that to you. There is a clear cut difference between the two.
Believe me…it was NOT my intent…not only for personal reasons but have not ever considered it a sin. I am not even sure how any logical person could make that comparison.
Let me put it this way - I have no right to judge another based upon a sin. It would be foolish of anyone not to weigh another based upon actions that have harmed others. There is a big difference between a presumed sin, and an actual crime.

These are individual offences that would need to be taken care of either by law enforcement, or the church community.
NS…IMO…the problem lies in the belief that all offenses/sins are equal. For a god to judge so in my opinion is ludicrous. How can a god judge someone that maybe has sex outside of marriage to one that has abused a child or taken someones life equally.

My response to you was not specifically about this issue but more for working out something in my mind. I grew up in a household that was “old school” religion…very much like a “Dusty”. You were to follow the “word” in its entirety or surely you would burn in hell. When I look back…I shudder with horror…thus I no longer am a Christian.

Okay…can’t seem to be able to put the rest in words that make sense so I will wait on that.

Thanks for taking the time to answer some of my questions. Maybe someone else will get the hint what is supposed to happen when a question is asked! I doubt it…but one can hope.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

who="water_nymph"] <quoted text>
here is the one from last year.
FUNDIE DANCE LEGEND**
1. Fundie Jitterbug: the desperate lashout involving threats of fire and brimstone; the eternal lake of fire
2. Fundie Circle Dance: Endless, robotic chanting of bible passages to avoid answering
3. Fundie Charleston: back-pedaling
4. Fundie Hustle: Diversionary tactics such as: a.)trying to change the subject. b.)emphasizing something else out of context. c.)evading by responding to questions with questions.
5. Pee-Wee Style or Punk Dance (yes, they both officially exist): the issuance of ad hominem
6. Fundie Twist: Posting a reply to a question or challenge with nothing other than point out errors in spelling, grammar or syntax.
7. Fundie Shuffle: Shuffling the content of your post like a deck of cards with the result being a whole new meaning.
8. Fundie Waltz: Fundies twirl around in (not so very) graceful circles, attempting to dishonestly provide an argument that may sound convincing.
9. Fundie Sock Hop: The instance that life was so much better before the First Amendment was reinforced, when an omnipotent, omnipresent was somehow removed from within the walls of every public institution of learning by the Magic Ink-Filled Sword of O'Hare, despite reams of evidence to the contrary.
10. Fundie Hippie Freestyle: Wherein the fundies have absolutely no idea that the entire Born-Again movement, which may have had its impetus from a single Booble verse, actually can be traced directly back to Chuck Colson and the Jesus Freaks of the 1960's.
11. Fundie Ostrich: Wherein the fundies have no idea of the origins of their doctrine nor the Booblical Canon, claiming a direct line to Big Baby Jeebus, which is probably the most historically inaccurate portrayal of events since the cherry tree.
12. Fundie Duststorm: Where lucid moments of clear, rational thinking are suddenly beaten down by phantasmagorical stories of torture worm wishes and Chick Tract dreams.
13. Discerner Dodge: Creating a god that agrees with everything you think and feel, mix in unhealthy doses of ignorance, racism, misogyny, homophobia, mix with a passive/aggressive blender, claim a direct pipeline to what the sky tyrant means, claim the Booble is the Grand Book of Hints and you are the Grand Poobah of Parablic Pontification and top with an overwhelming desire to play motorboat between the heaving, bodice-ripping, prodigiously-majestic mammarian protuberances of the legendary earthbound goddess, Water_Nymph.
14. Fundie Gay Lick No True Scotsman Highland Shuffle: When fundamentalists pull the cliched and contradictory "If you used to be a Christian, you were never one to begin with" strategy.
15. The Walter Mitty Waltz: When an uncomfortable truth is before you, pirouette, turn your back and become someone else.
16. The Prevaricatio Polka: When caught in a lie, take two steps forward, one back and scream a new lie louder.
17. Sock Puppet Samba: When a fundamentalist is bested (which is every time), he/she returns with an imaginary army of numerous sock puppets. Also known as the Jamaican Jerk Watusi.
18. Haggard Hoedown: When a fundamentalist inevitably falls back on the "you-must-be-gay" default when intellectually bested and cornered.
Envisioned and created by Ocean 56, Purple Haze, Bigger Baby Jeebus, Water_Nymph, macumazahn and updated on this day, February 24, 2012.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
He likes to attack me because I reject his historicized jesus, while I accept the historical Socrates and Plato....
NOpe.

I attackyou because you are a liar and a fraud.

You are also a theif based on the same reasons you called JLu a theif for not citing a c/p post.

You are a hypocrite and the fact that no non-christina confronts you on it is a demonstration that they are just hypocritical.

This is thread is mostly just a pissing match. No one gives a shit about much of anything. Just seeing who can make the biggest pile of shit while their "side" eats it up and calls it meatloaf.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

and the fundie meltdown scale

"Fundie Meltdown Scale" and here are the categories:
FM1: Mild one-line attack on atheists and secularist, consisting of a lame juvenile insult.
FM2: Slightly longer attack, about two or three lines, consisting of two or more insults.
FM3: A full paragraph of ad hominems, consisting of insults and rants.
FM4: A few sentences consisting of threats of hell and other nonsense for not believing.
FM5: Either one long ranting paragraph or several ranting paragraphs, which include the works; insults, rants and fundie threats.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>It's still raining in my part of the world. I snuggled in for a while this morning. Nothing much to do but housework and it will wait until I have a warm cuppa.
Good morning, Annie.
Good morning to you too!

I have been up for a while. Did some ironing and recipe searching. I bought artichokes at the market yesterday and went looking for how I wanted to cook them...decided on stuffed ones.

I am on this path of cooking whole foods and trying to avoid as many processed foods as possible. Last night I did stuffed red peppers that were great! Definitely was a keeper. I found this site that has some wonderful low-fat versions of some great recipes.

skinnytaste.com if your interested. I have enjoyed going through the site and have tried a few...all have been good.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Huh!
Sounds a lot like the difference between wizards and witches.
Wizards don't need the support of ritual, while witches utilize it to excess, often getting lost in the motions and losing the intent of the action.
That's interesting.
ROFLMAO

Gandalf vs. Potter

Magic the Gathering is the real deal. LOL

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Are you worried about your ordination being recalled or something? Or are you just looking for something else for which you can condemn NS?
I think he already knew my answer to this, as I have had this discussion on here before. He managed to get the conversation away from my original question, without giving me an answer. <<shrugs>> You all told me that is what would happen….but it has truly been interesting the hoops he has chosen to go through to do so. He might not have taken anything from the conversation, but I did. Good morning to you Water!

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>“Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.” Albert Einstein
I love it when you have to use someone other than your God to try to prove your faith. Especially when you think it holds more weight than the millions of other people who believe in the supernatural.
God's word is evidently not enough.
By the way, here is something else Einstein said:
"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation and is but a reflection of human frailty."
and
"True religion is real living; living with all one's soul, with all one's goodness and righteousness."
and
"One strength of the communist system of the East is that it has some of the character of a religion and inspires the emotions of a religion."
When you try to represent a great mind with one quote, it most often fails.
Why would a quote from you be any less important than that of a famous person?
Many famous people talked about God:
"Question with boldness even the existence of God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson
"Millions of innocent men, women, and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burned, tortured, fined, and imprisoned, yet we have not advanced one inch toward uniformity. What has been the effect of coercion? To make one half of the world fools and the other half hypocrites." Notes on Virginia Thomas Jefferson
"History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance of which their civil as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purposes" Letter to von Humboldt, 1813 Jefferson
"In no instance have ... the churches been guardians of the liberties of the people." James Madison,
"Religious bondage shackles and debilitates the mind and unfits it for every noble enterprise." April 1, 1774 James Madison
"I have never seen the slightest scientific proof of the religious ideas of heaven and hell, of future life for individuals, or of a personal God." Thomas Edison
"...nothing physical which sense-experience sets before our eyes, or which necessary demonstrations prove to us, ought to be called into question (much less condemned) upon the testimony of biblical passages." as quoted in Blind Watchers of the Sky, p. 101 Galileo Galilei
"All that my work has shown is that you don't have to say that the way the universe began was the personal whim of God." Stephen Hawking
So you see, not all famous people, much less scientists, agree with your mined quote.
What one can prove by quotes, another can disprove.
Speak for yourself and your personal knowledge/thoughts. Don't try to prove that what you believe is universally thought the same by those who have gone before, but rather that you have a personal reason for your belief.
i wonder if she realizes AL didn't believe in christian god.

in fact he often stated that nature was his idea of god.

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

If that list only applies to 'fundies' then 90% of topix posters here are 'fundies' I picked up a lot of those skills from nearly every post I've read and had most of those things as responses to my posts. Good list, I'll be keeping a copy just so you know and will give credit where credit is due.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min Aquarius-WY 538,587
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 16 min beenterprises11 732,484
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 19 min Rosa_Winkel 226,143
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 25 min Lord stuart XXX 5,281
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 25 min Godchild1776 117,940
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 29 min Lord stuart XXX 599,747
i need a loan shark im in atlanta (Oct '09) 29 min king 45
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Le_le 173,257
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Commander Bunny 257,745
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••