Why I’m no longer a Christian

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#436316 Jan 17, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>OMG what a whiner
Yet you didn't deny anything I said. So noted.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#436317 Jan 17, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>I just looked up the whole conversation, which says:
John 19: 25-27
25 but standing by the cross of Jesus were his mother and his mother's sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene. 26 When Jesus saw his mother and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, he said to his mother,“Woman, behold, your son!” 27 Then he said to the disciple,“Behold, your mother!” And from that hour the disciple took her to his own home.
I know you may tell me I am not capable of understanding, but this clearly says that he was speaking of the disciple he loved, and introduced him to his mother as her son and then introduced him to his mother as her son. The disciple whom Jesus loved then took her to his own home.
Tell me where I'm wrong in this.
you have slapped G_O_D the liar up side that big pumpkin head... plus exposed him as a slow/poor reader.. one of your better posts...

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#436318 Jan 17, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> The temperature here is dropping like a rock. Thank goodness I am not in the snow forecast. Just wind and colder temps. But it will warm up to about 50 tomorrow.
Good!

That might help reduce damage to bridge abutments.

(SORRY! That's what we used to say in PA...)

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#436319 Jan 17, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>SIN = Stick It In. All the religious knuckleheads care about is controlling the sexuality of others. It's not rocket science, you Alabamanambla (Hat tip to BBJ) idiot.
I thought you was gay... now I know

Clownie rolls eyes

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#436320 Jan 17, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Yet you didn't deny anything I said. So noted.
I didn't read it all... I was crying half way into that pitiful post...

Since: Mar 10

Trussville, Alabama

#436321 Jan 17, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is you that needs to remember how to "see".
I remember when you weren't a common troll.
It seems anyone who challenges your assertions or disagrees with you is eventually labeled a "troll."

That's rather strange.

G_O_D complex?

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#436322 Jan 17, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Good!
That might help reduce damage to bridge abutments.
(SORRY! That's what we used to say in PA...)
this part of the world rules when it comes to weather...

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#436323 Jan 17, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I noticed that she agreed with him but just decided to say...oh well...
I think the conversation between NS and I is what it should be all about...not the subject matter but the fact that we could see something from a different point of view and discuss it civilly...hopefully each having a little clearer insight into each other.
I suppose that it just doesn't work that way for some.
Again...oh well...
another cry-baby post

Trussville, Alabama

#436324 Jan 17, 2013
yournuts wrote:
<quoted text>
And your one UGLY ass MAN trying to be a WOMAN so who cares what a fairy princess as yourself has to say can't be a man so try being a woman you will fail there too lowlife
You are homonym-challenged, have no grasp of punctuation and your posts are long run-on sentences, yet you continue to denigrate the intelligence of other posters. I would imagine you are a Christian. Regardless, you are a marvel to behold.

Trussville, Alabama

#436325 Jan 17, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
that's what all the flamers say;)
Christian fundamentalists are always so obsessed with homosexuality, attracted like a moth to a flamer.

Trussville, Alabama

#436326 Jan 17, 2013
yournuts wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need to do that. Mother nature beat me to the punch there MAN!!!! Your so messed up no one could not say anything worse than what you are!!!! Thanks for playing you FAIL!!!!!!!!
From no punctuation to punctuation abuse......You should reread your post. You write as though you are 14. Seriously.

Trussville, Alabama

#436327 Jan 17, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I thought you was gay... now I know
Clownie rolls eyes
Is Christianity synonymous with homosexuality?

Trussville, Alabama

#436328 Jan 17, 2013
yournuts wrote:
<quoted text>
Your so messed up no one could not say anything worse than what you are!!!! Thanks for playing you FAIL!!!!!!!!
You know what's an even bigger fail? Your sentence actually means the opposite of what you think it does.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#436330 Jan 17, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
John isn't there, there are no men at all. Read it carefully. Mary Magdelene is the "disciple Jesus loved".
Huh? Can't be:

26 When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy *son*!

27 Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto *his* own home.

"Son" and "his" (translated from Greek, granted) indicate a male, and by reference John.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#436331 Jan 17, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Why would Jesus have had a need to inform his mother that he was her son?
I realize that everyone interprets the Bible differently. I have no doubt if half a dozen people read that each of them would interpret it differently. But I still don't understand why Jesus would have had to announce himself as her son. None of my sons has ever said,'Woman, look. Here is your son.' They say 'Hi, Mom'.
You will occassionally see this proposed by people trying to import alternate christologies into GoJohn. I see it mostly from folks reading books or watching Youtube videos about the ideas rather than actually reading the text.

The important thing to note, IMO, is what the text actually says. Creating ideas based on what the text does not say may be fun but it is irrelavent for determining what the text says. Interpretations that ignore what the text says are not interpretations of the text. That is eisegesis.

But you will see this red herring thrown out regularly.

In understanding any text, the first question to ask should always be; what does the text say?

If the text doesn't say it, it's not what the text says. It is very simple.

Folks are free to speculate all they like, but it does not change what the text says.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#436332 Jan 17, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Kitten is a man.. And I've been working up the nerve to ask her out.
Will Jesus still accept you if you turn gay, Clownie?

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#436333 Jan 17, 2013
p-o-p quiz wrote:
<quoted text>Is Christianity synonymous with homosexuality?
nah your post picture is

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#436334 Jan 17, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Will Jesus still accept you if you turn gay, Clownie?
Jesus will accept you wilderide...

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#436335 Jan 17, 2013
yournuts wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need to do that. Mother nature beat me to the punch there MAN!!!! Your so messed up no one could not say anything worse than what you are!!!! Thanks for playing you FAIL!!!!!!!!
Still waiting for those insults, are you taking a break or something? I mean, I'm seeing words on the screen but they don't seem to make any sense. Is there some English there?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#436336 Jan 17, 2013
p-o-p quiz wrote:
<quoted text>From no punctuation to punctuation abuse......You should reread your post. You write as though you are 14. Seriously.
I think you grant him too much credit. I was thinking more along the age ot maybe 7 years, he can't be more than 10.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min RiversideRedneck 100,543
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Liamm 670,352
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 hr Sky Writer 31 184,288
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 hr another viewer 980,168
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 8 hr Jehowa Witness 46,179
Treating others with respect 9 hr UnderstandPeople 14
Do any attractive cougars or milfs want to trad... (Dec '11) 11 hr Seejay 4
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 23 hr Pegasus 286,455
More from around the web