“The who whating how with huh?”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

#436139 Jan 16, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>Does God gives rules arbitrarily? Apparently so, because no rationale is given in the Bible. I guess it's just irrational.

[QUOTE]it's generally repulsive to most people"

You find lesbian sex repulsive, do you?

[QUOTE] and it certainly seems to add to the overall deliquency of the partakers thereof against God(my observation after years of talking to gays on this thread). "

"overall deliquency of the partakers thereof against God"? What?
Lol...

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#436140 Jan 16, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Lmao!
I'm sorry.LOL!
Sometimes I jist can't help myself.
It's like tourettes.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#436141 Jan 16, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I have gone back and read your last couple of posts concerning this subject...I was confused as to what you were saying...and I still am. Not uncommon for me at times so if I am misunderstanding what you are trying to say I apologize before hand.
I would be more than happy to try and clarify for you what I was saying. Waaasssuuup expressed that he was having difficulties responding to my posts due to their length, so my posts were as short and to the point as I could make them so he could follow what I was saying. He was only looking for one answer he knew he would get from me, and he got it already.
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
You said in this post...
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TSHQAVD...
Secondly:
I have no issue with ordaining homosexuals into leadership positions within the Church.
I have yet to have pointed out to me where it tells us in the Bible that one sin is greater than another (other than the unforgivable sin), and have yet to hear someone tell me that a pastor has to be sinless in order to preach…..
In this post you say...
"The Bible is clear in saying that it is a sin."
If you believe that homosexuality is a sin yet would have no problem with one being ordained...if all sins are equal...then you would have no problem with an murderer or...thief...fornicator...etc. ..etc...being ordained. At least that is the way that I am reading your posts.
A murderer belongs behind bars, just as anyone else that commits heinous crimes, and our laws see to that. If a murderer on death row finds God, and has a calling to preach to other inmates….is that a problem? We seem to be talking about very different things.

Cont....

Ann Arbor, MI

#436142 Jan 16, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Which leads me to...
You never stated if you personally think that homosexuality is a sin yet say the Bible does.
Were you talking about homosexuals that don't act upon their sexual orientation?
-The Old Testament states clearly that homosexuality is a sin. Ask a Christian why they do not try to follow all the commandments found within the Bible instead of just 10, and they will point blank tell you that they do not have to because they are in the old testament. Yet some choose to pull clobber passages from it, to smack away at another. That is simply hypocritical in my opinion.
-The New Testament is not clear on the subject. I am sure that anyone taking the time to read this that is a Christian, will want pull out three passages that they think prove me wrong. I would recommend that they look up the discussion’s about the scripture’s in question, and the dispute’s going on about the translations. Yet with all the dispute going on….good people that have felt a personal calling from God, are unable to do so because some say that it is very clear that they should not do so, because the Bible says so.

I personally do not think that it is right for me to tell a person that has had a calling, committed no crime, and lives a good life…that they have no right to their calling from God. How would I know Gods plan for their life?
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
If not wouldn't that leave the door open for active pedophiles to be ordained?
I take personal offense at people comparing homosexuality to pedophiles, I know that was not your intent but need to express that to you. There is a clear cut difference between the two.
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that I have learned enough about you to know that you wouldn't cut a pedophile any slack but then what does that say about "a sin is a sin is a sin"?
If a pedophile does not get the help they need, and commit’s a crime I would not want them to be cut any slack from our government, they need to be tried and dealt with accordingly. I believe that God will take care of the rest in the end.
Let me put it this way - I have no right to judge another based upon a sin. It would be foolish of anyone not to weigh another based upon actions that have harmed others. There is a big difference between a presumed sin, and an actual crime.
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
What if a preacher was having an affair outside his marriage...
Taking drugs...
Stealing....
These are individual offences that would need to be taken care of either by law enforcement, or the church community.
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree...it is a complicated subject for some Christians...that balance between following what you believe their Bible to say and treating everyone equally. IMO...it can't be done.
Which is another topic altogether.
Sorry if I rambled but not only was I confused as to what you were saying...all of these scenarios kept coming to mind.
I think I need more caffeine!
If you would prefer not to go any further with this conversation...I understand...I will just stay confused! LOL
You did not ramble, and if I did not address everything or created more confusion…just let me know, and I will try to clarify.

Location hidden

#436143 Jan 16, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you stand?
In poop-usually.

Earth

#436145 Jan 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>What's yer god do'n in ther bedroom anyway?
Does he snuff panties ta see who been visit'n?
Does he snuff toilets ta see what ya was eat'n?
Or does he appoint "special" cristers ta do it?
Now, that's repulsive.
No wonder folks can't find ther underwears half the time!
O_O

LOL!!!

Earth

#436146 Jan 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>WHaaaat?!
Then HOW did they make all them pichers look JIST LIKE 'er??
That's what I was thinking...crack up you are :D

Earth

#436147 Jan 16, 2013
yournuts wrote:
<quoted text>Try to use your brain befor you speak you sound less stupid well in your case maybe not!!!!!!!
Huh?

Earth

#436149 Jan 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry.LOL!
Sometimes I jist can't help myself.
It's like tourettes.
I like it...it's all good :)
<3

Earth

#436148 Jan 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Ya it's cute.
My daughter collects faery's.
She has quite a few of 'em.
Lol...

Earth

#436150 Jan 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>In poop-usually.
That's unfortunate ;)

Ann Arbor, MI

#436151 Jan 16, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
it is a simple issue, NS. the issues in germany were clear to bonhoefer, but became more and more complex to those who compromised in germany too.
Once again….Your scenario is *nothing* like the condoning of Nazism. There is absolutely no correlation between 10 to 11 million civilians and prisoners of war being intentionally murdered by the Nazi regime, and someone’s sexual orientation as a leader in the Church.

Big difference between a presumed sin based on personal knowledge of the Bible, and a documented and horrific holocaust.

Ann Arbor, MI

#436152 Jan 16, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you'll hafta ask God about that one.
it's generally repulsive to most people and it certainly seems to add to the overall deliquency of the partakers thereof against God(my observation after years of talking to gays on this thread).
Believe it or not….you have once again proven my point.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#436153 Jan 16, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, I don't think that there is anything in the Bible that says that taking drugs is a sin. It may lead a person to sin, either to get the money to pay for the drugs, or through actions committed with on them, but in and of itself, I suspect that it is fine...
Please define sin.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#436154 Jan 16, 2013
yournuts wrote:
<quoted text>
Try to use your brain befor you speak you sound less stupid well in your case maybe not!!!!!!!
You are a vile moron, Is your life so boring and dull that you have to pick on everyone else? Is your self esteem so lacking that in order to feel partially worth more than a speck of dust is to insult other people? Is your brain so incapable of any logical or valid thoughts that the only contribution to the internet you can make is useless one liners with no substance?

You should go upstairs and ask your parents to help you answer these for yourself, because thus far I am unimpressed with your trolling. It is as if the funny farm rejected you for being too droll. It seems as if your last braincell was killed off with bath salts too. How many faces have you eaten, in real life, not that imaginary life you try to live on WoW. But then you'd probably have to get off your fat butt and we'd have reports of earthquakes in your area as you try to run to catch your prey.

Earth

#436155 Jan 16, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a vile moron, Is your life so boring and dull that you have to pick on everyone else? Is your self esteem so lacking that in order to feel partially worth more than a speck of dust is to insult other people? Is your brain so incapable of any logical or valid thoughts that the only contribution to the internet you can make is useless one liners with no substance?
You should go upstairs and ask your parents to help you answer these for yourself, because thus far I am unimpressed with your trolling. It is as if the funny farm rejected you for being too droll. It seems as if your last braincell was killed off with bath salts too. How many faces have you eaten, in real life, not that imaginary life you try to live on WoW. But then you'd probably have to get off your fat butt and we'd have reports of earthquakes in your area as you try to run to catch your prey.
Well written kitten :D

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#436156 Jan 16, 2013
The post on here today was horrible! this thread is starting to suck...

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#436157 Jan 16, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus never mentioned it, so you do have to wonder how important it was to him (or John, his most beloved).
But I do think many passages in the Hebrew Bible do clearly condemn homosexuality. I've never seen anyone explain those passages away with any really credible rationale. Now, the Hebrew Bible also supports slavery, and treats women as subjugated property of men too, in addition to being patently racist, so I don't have much respect for it as a valid moral guide anyway. But I do think it's funny when Christians pick and choose what parts of the OT they think still apply and what parts they find too inconvenient, such as the commandment to observe the Sabbath, for example. Not to mention all those pesky dietary laws! So we will consider those done, but those passages about homosexuality? Still valid!
<quoted text>
First of all, it's very telling that it's usually men who have the problem, and their problem is with men. They somehow have no problem with gay women at all, LOL! Yeah, it's a real mystery, right? It's also telling that those homophobes don't seem to know anything about gay people, or know any very well. People who have gay friends realize there is nothing scary about it. But then again, bigotry comes from ignorance.
Also, the Bible never mentions anything against women having same-sex relationships.

Like I said, I think the fear comes from two things:
1. They have been scared poopless by some rabid preacher who has had gay fantasies and wants to rid himself of them by ranting against them.
2. They have had gay fantasies and rant rabidly against them.

They are scared out of their minds that they will do something they want to do and enjoy it.

Location hidden

#436158 Jan 16, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
The post on here today was horrible! this thread is starting to suck...
Hey! I got's a idea ta liven the place up!
Let's pretend we're a horse!

I'll be the head!

You jist be yerself!

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#436159 Jan 16, 2013
yournuts wrote:
<quoted text>
And thank you for being a blabber mouth bitch as you always are thanks
You're quite welcome. I'm glad to help by pointing out the facts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 min WildWeirdWillie 174,916
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 19 min USA Born 554,330
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 21 min Stilgar Fifrawi 762,682
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 21 min lil whispers 603,432
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 29 min Dr_Zorderz 263,192
Moses never existed 57 min Khatru 492
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr USN Atheist 5,683

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE