“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#436103 Jan 16, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>God did not put it in the ten commandments. Jesus never said one word about it. Even John of Patmos, who thought everyone on earth but him was probably bound for hell never mentioned in when he wrote of all those who would go to hell.
Jesus never mentioned it, so you do have to wonder how important it was to him (or John, his most beloved).

But I do think many passages in the Hebrew Bible do clearly condemn homosexuality. I've never seen anyone explain those passages away with any really credible rationale. Now, the Hebrew Bible also supports slavery, and treats women as subjugated property of men too, in addition to being patently racist, so I don't have much respect for it as a valid moral guide anyway. But I do think it's funny when Christians pick and choose what parts of the OT they think still apply and what parts they find too inconvenient, such as the commandment to observe the Sabbath, for example. Not to mention all those pesky dietary laws! So we will consider those done, but those passages about homosexuality? Still valid!
It seems that it is a fear of many Christian men that they will become a homosexual if by chance they see a same-sex couple holding hands and don't run screaming in denial and condemnation. That tells me only one thing, they have desire for a same-sex relationship. There is nothing else that would account for such obsession with the subject.
First of all, it's very telling that it's usually men who have the problem, and their problem is with men. They somehow have no problem with gay women at all, LOL! Yeah, it's a real mystery, right? It's also telling that those homophobes don't seem to know anything about gay people, or know any very well. People who have gay friends realize there is nothing scary about it. But then again, bigotry comes from ignorance.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#436104 Jan 16, 2013
mostly right wrote:
Sry u lost ur faith
I'm sorry you lost the ability to communicate in English. This is not a txt site. We actually use real words.
yournuts

United States

#436105 Jan 16, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you for your particular version of Christianity's view. Also, thank you for helping to kill it off one post at a time.
We really appreciate people like you. The only problem is, you make all Christians look as stupid and hate-filled as you are. Some definitely are not.
And thank you for being a blabber mouth bitch as you always are thanks

“Hello Darlings!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#436108 Jan 16, 2013
yournuts wrote:
<quoted text>
And thank you for being a blabber mouth bitch as you always are thanks
Thank you for demonstrating your christianity.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#436109 Jan 16, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, I don't think that there is anything in the Bible that says that taking drugs is a sin. It may lead a person to sin, either to get the money to pay for the drugs, or through actions committed with on them, but in and of itself, I suspect that it is fine...
Maybe not drugs directly but it does say...

1 Corinthians 3:16-17

Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you? If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him. For God's temple is holy, and you are that temple.

I didn't find the verse that I was looking for but I thought that I remembered a verse that one is not supposed to put something in to their bodies that might be harmful.

I don't know what you think but IMO there are many people destroying their bodies through the use of drugs...along with a lot of other stuff.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#436110 Jan 16, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for demonstrating your christianity.
Aah. He's prolly jist pissed off at his god coz he didn't git as "endowed' as good as everone else. Ya kin always tell...ther cranky alot, y'know.

“The..”

Since: Dec 12

"..who whating how with huh?"

#436113 Jan 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Now,"I" forgot what the heck it was all about! LOL!
Pml...

“The..”

#436114 Jan 16, 2013
yournuts wrote:
Black thunder sells his mom on the corner for his chump change nothing new there!!!!!!!
Here;

"Try to learn something about everything and everything about something."
Thomas Huxley

“The..”

#436116 Jan 16, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>1st of all - summarizing the eternal condition of the redeemed and the unredeemed from holy writ is not a threat.

2nd - since it's a condition in the here-after, how do you know it's an "empty" summarization???
Maybe cause it's coming from you? Just a thought...

“The..”

#436117 Jan 16, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>That is a prophecy how Jesus will destroy the false god of science. LOL
:D

“The..”

#436119 Jan 16, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>the aging & deteriorating neurotic grey matter between the ears is the pride & joy of the atheist!
How do you know?

“The..”

#436120 Jan 16, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>i'm sorry, i responded to what i thought you said. i'm not trying to be your enemy, i'm just confused sometimes why it seems that you side with my enemies against me. i may not be the kindest & most articulate christian, but i am definitely NOT a satanic blasphemer.

do you care to ask me again in an abbreviated version? i blow in & out of this thread quickly and try to keep things brief:)
o_O

“The..”

#436122 Jan 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Them IDer's is work'n on ther own "revival" o' the branch as we speaks. It 's fer sure in the "works", coz I heared they was bragg'n they got's the "sciencestuff foundation" now, an is work'n on stuff already. They really ought'a put the walls an roof on the place first though. Birds an varmints might mess up ther 'speriments y'know. I figger ther do'n 'lectric 'speriments an such, coz they was say'n sumpth'n 'bout arcs. If'n it rains, it'll prolly kill the whole dang bunch of 'em!
See my prof pic <3

“The..”

#436123 Jan 16, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Where exactly have you cited your source?
Not this again...*rolling eyes profusely, kinda hurts*

“The..”

#436124 Jan 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>I reckon ya figgered it all out huh? I' was sposed ta be a secret mission.
The felteration hired us ta foller you cristers all through the universe an clean up after ya pulled yer pants down an preached all over everth'n, so's ta keep the spread o' disease at a minimum. That's why we gotta wear them special chem suits an hats what you folks always thought was aliens. Ther's jist too many of ya ta round up an put in constipation camps. y'know?
Lmao!

“The..”

#436125 Jan 16, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>Not sure what all that entails, but it sounds cute ツ団huckle.
It was, I just googled 'fundie' and a variety of things came up...
<3

“The..”

#436126 Jan 16, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>no games - just hard to communicate sometimes in short bites like this.

i'm not trying to be a jerk to you, but honestly, your answer regarding where you would/wouldn't have stood in germany during the reign of antichrist/hitler says all i need to know and explains why you don't like where i stand.
Where do you stand?

“The..”

#436128 Jan 16, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
Ruh roh.

Ians is disassembling Andrew on WSJLM.

Meltdown in 3... 2...
Pml..
<3

“The..”

#436129 Jan 16, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>maybe we can cut the chase:

where do you stand regarding ordaining professing homosexuals (activists) into leadership positions within the Body of Christ?

this isn't an exact scenario like condoning nazism circa 40's, but it's an attack on our society & the church from the same spirit of antichrist, IMO.
Does it matter?

“The..”

#436130 Jan 16, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>would you care to specify how i'm being selective and condemning or would you just prefer being an accusatory liar?;)
Read your posts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min truth 550,943
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 min Innocent Holy dr ... 602,845
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min Dally Mama 753,739
If Muslim women were smart... 12 min Otto Von Hapsburg 2
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 13 min Hatti_Hollerand 4,338
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 29 min Remnant of 144000 38,904
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 30 min Trunketeer 4,840
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 48 min Dr_Zorderz 262,090
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 6 hr girls united states 173

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE