“Hello Darlings!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#436042 Jan 16, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity: The religion of empty threats.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
1st of all - summarizing the eternal condition of the redeemed and the unredeemed from holy writ...
No such thing.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#436043 Jan 16, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Your awe is recognized.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
the aging & deteriorating neurotic grey matter between the ears is the pride & joy of the atheist!
Fantasies of blood and hate and death and eternal damnation are the pride and joy of the christian.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#436044 Jan 16, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Clownie :)
"All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree."
Albert Einstein
“Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.” Albert Einstein

I love it when you have to use someone other than your God to try to prove your faith. Especially when you think it holds more weight than the millions of other people who believe in the supernatural.

God's word is evidently not enough.

By the way, here is something else Einstein said:

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation and is but a reflection of human frailty."

and

"True religion is real living; living with all one's soul, with all one's goodness and righteousness."

and

"One strength of the communist system of the East is that it has some of the character of a religion and inspires the emotions of a religion."

When you try to represent a great mind with one quote, it most often fails.

Why would a quote from you be any less important than that of a famous person?

Many famous people talked about God:

"Question with boldness even the existence of God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

"Millions of innocent men, women, and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burned, tortured, fined, and imprisoned, yet we have not advanced one inch toward uniformity. What has been the effect of coercion? To make one half of the world fools and the other half hypocrites." Notes on Virginia Thomas Jefferson

"History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance of which their civil as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purposes" Letter to von Humboldt, 1813 Jefferson

"In no instance have ... the churches been guardians of the liberties of the people." James Madison,

"Religious bondage shackles and debilitates the mind and unfits it for every noble enterprise." April 1, 1774 James Madison

"I have never seen the slightest scientific proof of the religious ideas of heaven and hell, of future life for individuals, or of a personal God." Thomas Edison

"...nothing physical which sense-experience sets before our eyes, or which necessary demonstrations prove to us, ought to be called into question (much less condemned) upon the testimony of biblical passages." as quoted in Blind Watchers of the Sky, p. 101 Galileo Galilei

"All that my work has shown is that you don't have to say that the way the universe began was the personal whim of God." Stephen Hawking

So you see, not all famous people, much less scientists, agree with your mined quote.

What one can prove by quotes, another can disprove.

Speak for yourself and your personal knowledge/thoughts. Don't try to prove that what you believe is universally thought the same by those who have gone before, but rather that you have a personal reason for your belief.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#436045 Jan 16, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Plan and simple...if we are going to ask some to cite their references then we should expect the same out of everyone.
There was another Christian that posted here recently that c/p quite a bit without citing sources and because that poster was liked no one said a word. I don't get my panties in a wad most of the time over it unless something is written as a narrative making it more difficult to determine if the poster was the author or if it is someone elses words.
In Kait's defense...it was mostly scripture so it was obvious that she didn't write that part of it.
I don't know "G"...it would be nice to discuss something without all of the constant bickering. Discuss something that doesn't have to include all the perverted comments. Oh well...each to their own I suppose.
He likes to attack me because I reject his historicized jesus, while I accept the historical Socrates and Plato. He commands be to believe what he tells me to believe, and I refuse. In that way, he is no different from the christians he claims to oppose.

He likes to attack me because I stated that I'm ninth-generation Strega, and that my tradition is based on ancient Etruscan beliefs. Now, why he hates *that* so much, I have no idea; but he obviously feels threatened enough by it to make him spew his hatred toward not only myself, but he's even attacked, derided, impugned and ridiculed my family.

I'd like to know why.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#436046 Jan 16, 2013
Bigger Baby Jeebus wrote:
<quoted text>I never went to Sunday School, child. I couldn't be mad at your god, it is a bigger idiot than you and it is not nice to get mad at idiots. I see you haven't changed your inane spots, you have just degraded deeper into your inanity.
Sorry, preacher, there is no tithe here.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
sure your mad at God, big baby!
How can one be mad at that which does not exist?
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text> since you can't touch Him personaly/physically,
That's because it does not exist.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text> you go after those of His who you can!
No you can't. See that? You make claims to be able to do what you clearly cannot; that's why you're being ridiculed.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>that's what satanist's do! this is not rocket science, dumb dumb!;)
There is no "satan," dumb ass. "Satan" is as fictional as G_O_D's "certifications."

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#436047 Jan 16, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Clownie :)
"All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree."
Albert Einstein
By the way. You didn't post the entire quote, so I will do so for you:

“All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree. All these aspirations are directed toward ennobling man's life, lifting it from the sphere of mere physical existence and leading the individual towards freedom.”

So, according to Einstein, arts and sciences are just as important to lifting a person's life from the sphereof mere physical existence and leading the individual towards freedom as is religion.

When you don't print the whole quote, and conveniently leave out a portion of it, it shows dishonesty on your part. Or maybe you just got it from a site that quote-mines for religious purposes only and is itself dishonest. Always check the quote and post it in it's entirety. Honesty is a good thing.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#436049 Jan 16, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Wonder why he has that "wand" in his hand?

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#436050 Jan 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Greek mythology predated your jeremiah's bullshit by centuries. Your wishful thinking will never change that fact.
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The Hebrew myth is earlier than the Greek by a couple centuries:
Hebrew Tanakh developed 1000 BC to 500 BC... 4000 BC if you count the Sumerian originals
Archaic Greek was 700 to 500 BC
However the Greek Myths most people recognize are from the Classical Period 500 BC to 300 BC
You should have stole the information again instead of making stuff up.
Sources?

Or did you steal or just make up this shit?
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#436048 Jan 16, 2013
<quoted text>
He likes to attack me because I reject his historicized jesus, while I accept the historical Socrates and Plato. He commands be to believe what he tells me to believe, and I refuse. In that way, he is no different from the christians he claims to oppose.
He likes to attack me because I stated that I'm ninth-generation Strega, and that my tradition is based on ancient Etruscan beliefs. Now, why he hates *that* so much, I have no idea; but he obviously feels threatened enough by it to make him spew his hatred toward not only myself, but he's even attacked, derided, impugned and ridiculed my family.
I'd like to know why.
ow houuuuuuuuuu huw huw

you are to dumb to know about ancient entruckan clan beliefs
hou howk words one time spoken

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#436051 Jan 16, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not cutting to the chase, this is a complex issue within the Church that you are trying to make simple…it's not.
The Bible is clear in saying that it is a sin.
You show ignorance by grouping homosexuals with pedophile’s. How do you personally know who is truly repentant and who is not? I am not willing to judge another’s character, based on my opinion.
I don’t agree.
I have gone back and read your last couple of posts concerning this subject...I was confused as to what you were saying...and I still am. Not uncommon for me at times so if I am misunderstanding what you are trying to say I apologize before hand.

You said in this post...

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TSHQAVD...

Secondly:
I have no issue with ordaining homosexuals into leadership positions within the Church.

I have yet to have pointed out to me where it tells us in the Bible that one sin is greater than another (other than the unforgivable sin), and have yet to hear someone tell me that a pastor has to be sinless in order to preach…..

In this post you say...

"The Bible is clear in saying that it is a sin."

If you believe that homosexuality is a sin yet would have no problem with one being ordained...if all sins are equal...then you would have no problem with an murderer or...thief...fornicator...etc. ..etc...being ordained. At least that is the way that I am reading your posts.

Which leads me to...

You never stated if you personally think that homosexuality is a sin yet say the Bible does.

Were you talking about homosexuals that don't act upon their sexual orientation?

If not wouldn't that leave the door open for active pedophiles to be ordained?

I think that I have learned enough about you to know that you wouldn't cut a pedophile any slack but then what does that say about "a sin is a sin is a sin"?

What if a preacher was having an affair outside his marriage...

Taking drugs...

Stealing...

I agree...it is a complicated subject for some Christians...that balance between following what you believe their Bible to say and treating everyone equally. IMO...it can't be done.

Which is another topic altogether.

Sorry if I rambled but not only was I confused as to what you were saying...all of these scenarios kept coming to mind.

I think I need more caffeine!

If you would prefer not to go any further with this conversation...I understand...I will just stay confused! LOL

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#436052 Jan 16, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm sorry, i responded to what i thought you said.
Try understanding what you read before responding to it.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#436053 Jan 16, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree wholeheartedly with Calvin.
The Bible says God knows your needs so prayer in itself is a sign of lack of belief. A person who truly believed would never ask for anything, but tell God 'thank you' for the answer/blessing that you have bestowed on me and that is on it's way. Begging time after time for the same thing shows that one really doesn't think God is going to give it to them. It's like the child begging his parents for a BB gun for Christmas. He'll give all sorts of reasons why he should have it, and beg repeatedly until he wakes on Christmas morning to find no BB gun. Even the letter to Santa, which laid out carefully all the reasons he was responsible enough to own a BB gun did no good.
I truly think that you have to know you will receive that which you need. I think being optimistic and expecting it is a great deal better than begging and not thinking you are worthy of it. But worthlessness is an ingrained theory of theists. It has to be.
I think I have more assurance in what I need being given by the method I have outlined than many Christians who only beg. They also do not stop to ask themselves if it is something they can do for themselves before asking God for it. Or, ask themselves if it is truly something they need. My needs are always met. My fantasies, not so much. But I am wealthy beyond imagining. I have the love and respect of friends and family. To me, that's a lot better than begging for a new bike. But, that's just my vision of abundance.
Huh!
Sounds a lot like the difference between wizards and witches.
Wizards don't need the support of ritual, while witches utilize it to excess, often getting lost in the motions and losing the intent of the action.
That's interesting.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#436054 Jan 16, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree wholeheartedly with Calvin.
The Bible says God knows your needs so prayer in itself is a sign of lack of belief. A person who truly believed would never ask for anything, but tell God 'thank you' for the answer/blessing that you have bestowed on me and that is on it's way. Begging time after time for the same thing shows that one really doesn't think God is going to give it to them. It's like the child begging his parents for a BB gun for Christmas. He'll give all sorts of reasons why he should have it, and beg repeatedly until he wakes on Christmas morning to find no BB gun. Even the letter to Santa, which laid out carefully all the reasons he was responsible enough to own a BB gun did no good.
I truly think that you have to know you will receive that which you need. I think being optimistic and expecting it is a great deal better than begging and not thinking you are worthy of it. But worthlessness is an ingrained theory of theists. It has to be.
I think I have more assurance in what I need being given by the method I have outlined than many Christians who only beg. They also do not stop to ask themselves if it is something they can do for themselves before asking God for it. Or, ask themselves if it is truly something they need. My needs are always met. My fantasies, not so much. But I am wealthy beyond imagining. I have the love and respect of friends and family. To me, that's a lot better than begging for a new bike. But, that's just my vision of abundance.
Well according to our residence clown doing something over and over leads to insanity! So he must have been saying his prayers too many times.

This was my take on prayer...

One should pray for forgiveness...
One should pray for God's will to be done.

None of this stuff about praying for lost car keys...money...nor anything material.

If God knows their needs...should they have to ask? Do not they claim that God provides for all their needs?

Or are they praying in hopes that God will change his mind? Does God just want them to beg?

One will pray for another to live...when that person dies...then they claim it was God's will.

I think I need a cup of hot tea...my mind is just all over the place this afternoon...

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#436055 Jan 16, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would homosexuality be a sin?
you'll hafta ask God about that one.

it's generally repulsive to most people and it certainly seems to add to the overall deliquency of the partakers thereof against God(my observation after years of talking to gays on this thread).

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#436056 Jan 16, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, you should go ahead and wash off that Clown footprint that's plastered on your ugly mug, before your mommy mistakes you for Bigfoot and whops you upside your pumpkin head with her broomstick. Hurry up now ... ya hear!?
Why are Christians so violent?

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#436057 Jan 16, 2013
<quoted text>I'm not anti-Christ, preacher. I am not anti-Khan or Spock, either. I am also not anti-your brain. It is impossible to be against things that can not be demonstrated to exist.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
do you picket star trek conventions?;)
Do people at Star Trek conventions wave old episode scripts around and scream in everyone's faces, "You MUST BELIEVE OR YOU SHALL BURN IN HELL FOREVER!!!!!"

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#436058 Jan 16, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not cutting to the chase, this is a complex issue within the Church that you are trying to make simple…it's not.
The Bible is clear in saying that it is a sin.
You show ignorance by grouping homosexuals with pedophile’s. How do you personally know who is truly repentant and who is not? I am not willing to judge another’s character, based on my opinion.
I don’t agree.
it is a simple issue, NS. the issues in germany were clear to bonhoefer, but became more and more complex to those who compromised in germany too.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#436059 Jan 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Try understanding what you read before responding to it.
hi kait - i'd really like to chat, but just as you're coming, i have to go:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#436060 Jan 16, 2013
<quoted text>I'm not anti-Christ, preacher. I am not anti-Khan or Spock, either. I am also not anti-your brain. It is impossible to be against things that can not be demonstrated to exist.
<quoted text>
Do people at Star Trek conventions wave old episode scripts around and scream in everyone's faces, "You MUST BELIEVE OR YOU SHALL BURN IN HELL FOREVER!!!!!"
LMAO!!! you're ssssoooo cute sometimes:)

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#436061 Jan 16, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
no games - just hard to communicate sometimes in short bites like this.
i'm not trying to be a jerk to you, but honestly, your answer regarding where you would/wouldn't have stood in germany during the reign of antichrist/hitler says all i need to know and explains why you don't like where i stand.
Hitler was a christian just like you. You can't deny that fact any more than you can deny that you are using a computer to post bullshit on the internet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Bongo 749,825
Your Body Deserves More - Dubai Massage Service 16 min AsianStarMassage 1
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 23 min Insults Are Easier 229,855
Biggest Fraud Ever Perpetrated On American PPL 39 min Publc Enemy Num 1 1
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Feb '14) 40 min ffort 116
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 42 min ChromiuMan 5,412
how to make cool cash online from www.spaceload... 44 min spaceloaded 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr who 261,600
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr June VanDerMark 548,232
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 hr mike 602,101
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 10 hr nikki 124

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE