|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
So, are you saying Scientific research about God is a non issue? You seem to be changing my words, I said to you that my contention is that both secular and Christian Scientists are still debating, discussing and researching God's existence or lack thereof, in almost all branches of Science. What's interesting here is that Atheists who possess knowledge of Science, don't dispute this, and two words typed into any search engine in the world (there's a big world out there) would give ample evidence of this non issue, pages and pages to pick and choose from. As for 'tact' I've tried that, honesty, I do that too, I made a mistake once, regarding something I wasn't aware of because I don't normally live in forums. Some I won't bother to take seriously after failed attempts, much like I seem to be failing right now. My crime, in simply coming in here (a thread in a public International forum) and talking to Doc, is that I am a Christian. Something most Atheists (not trolls) in various threads and the real world, won't hold against me once they talk to me rationally, they also don't attack solely on that premise. You say you're exposing the dark underbelly of religion 'in America', I say I'm not American nor do I live there, and then you tell me that's irrelevant. Do you have a rational or logical reason for that? Or did you just decide to judge and mock me on sight? Are you one of those predictable bullies and/or trolls, who parrots all the same lines and strawman techniques designed to intimidate children (teens are children to me)?(there are several 'manuals' for that classic online behaviour) Or are you a rational human being who is capable of fair and honest discussion/debate? Just wondering.
Please give us a credible site that shows that scientists are actively debating the God issue. This has been asked of you by several people, yet not a thing has come from you to back your assertion that scientists, both theist and secular, are busy trying to prove or disprove God.

You dance all around the subject, but like waassuupp, never give a straight answer nor any credible information to back up your assertions.

This is the dishonesty of which I spoke to you earlier.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
would you care to specify how i'm being selective and condemning or would you just prefer being an accusatory liar?;)
Why? You're doing just fine without my help.

I never worry when liars call me a liar.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Not by all.
So which fundamentalist is it that doesn't revile her?

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> The potter uses the clay to make what he wants to make. If it isn't pliable, he makes it pliable. Why is your God incapable of doing the same?
Your assertions are so childish.
You're right: it isn't rocket science. But you still don't seem to be able to understand it much less follow it.
Maybe the claymaker made a bad batch of clay.

It's hard to find good help.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? You're doing just fine without my help.
I never worry when liars call me a liar.
no specifics, huh? why not? it would help your cause if you could be honest and outline what exactly i'm saying that's wrong:)

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
thank you for the answer!
my point in asking the question about boneheofer and germany is that i think a similar thing IS happening today in the american church. we have some that won't stand up for anything. i do know that bonhofer was a lutheran theologian/pastor, but he obviously had a different spirit from the status quo.
YOU WOULDN'T HAVE STOOD WITH BONHOEFERS CONFESSING CHURCH AND YOU ADMIT IT?!?! i rest my case....
if you're asking about the potter/clay scripture; i quoted from paul-the new testament, but he was drawing from jeremiah's vision from the old testament which predated greek mythology.
You were just looking for a reason to put her down. Nothing more. You can't stand anyone who stands for God instead of themselves. You can't stand anyone who treats people the way Jesus said to treat them. Therefore, you have to desperately grab for a reason to tell them how wrong they are and give yourself justification for your hatred of those who DO treat people the way Jesus said to.

You are such a disgrace to yourself, your religion, and your God.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
no specifics, huh? why not? it would help your cause if you could be honest and outline what exactly i'm saying that's wrong:)
My cause is fine.

Yours, not so much.

But I do appreciate you worrying about me.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a yard full.
Then you should be making objects d'art. You could open the top before firing so they could be used as a pen holder. Many possibilities abound for you, X-man.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
<quote>
"Your ancestors called it magic...
*Thor looks through a book about Norse mythology*
...but you call it science. I come from a land where they are one and the same."
Thor
<3
You quote a fiction movie as your source? That pretty much says all anyone needs to know.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Mythology? Not a lot, no, but Science does address it.
God? Yes, it certainly does.
The purpose of Science to disprove my myth? Never said any such thing, but since you're bringing it up, no, I don't think that's the only purpose of Science at all.
There are many branches of Science, covering many different fields of study.
Nice to see you X :D
It's good to see that the pedals on that bicycle you're using also go backward.

'Danger, Will Robinson! Danger!'

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe we can cut the chase:
where do you stand regarding ordaining professing homosexuals (activists) into leadership positions within the Body of Christ?
this isn't an exact scenario like condoning nazism circa 40's, but it's an attack on our society & the church from the same spirit of antichrist, IMO.
This is not cutting to the chase, it is still ignoring my original question and veering the discussion into something completely unrelated. If you donít see that, chances are this discussion is pointless. I see what you are doing and canít say that I appreciate it, but will answer you anyway. Could you please try to take the time to actually read my responses before you start smacking at me, and perhaps we can both take something out of this discussion.

First and foremost:
Your scenario is *nothing* like the condoning Nazism. There is absolutely no correlation between 10 to 11 million civilians and prisoners of war being intentionally murdered by the Nazi regime, and someoneís sexual orientation as a leader in the Church.

Secondly:
I have no issue with ordaining homosexuals into leadership positions within the Church.

I do have an issue with the idea of taking it upon myself, to decide who Godís word should be shared with. As well as taking it upon myself to tell someone that has felt Godís calling to preach his word, that they cannot. I have yet to have pointed out to me where it tells us in the Bible that one sin is greater than another (other than the unforgivable sin), and have yet to hear someone tell me that a pastor has to be sinless in order to preachÖ..

Thirdly my question for you:
What *exactly* is it that you think a homosexual pastor, would preach differently?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Bigger Baby Jeebus wrote:
<quoted text>Are you declaring yourself a fundamentalist? That explains so much.
There was never any doubt.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
My cause is fine.
Yours, not so much.
But I do appreciate you worrying about me.
of course i care about you! what kinda of a BFF would i be if i didn't!:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>You were just looking for a reason to put her down. Nothing more. You can't stand anyone who stands for God instead of themselves. You can't stand anyone who treats people the way Jesus said to treat them. Therefore, you have to desperately grab for a reason to tell them how wrong they are and give yourself justification for your hatred of those who DO treat people the way Jesus said to.
You are such a disgrace to yourself, your religion, and your God.
i always know that i'm on the right coarse when it's opposite you, wn, thank you!;)

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your predicted response.
<3
And thank you for doing just what every other fundie here does...making a claim and then backpedaling and not providing credible sources for your assertion. You do more to kill off your religion than a trainload of atheists could every time you are dishonest. I wish to thank you for your service.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Then you should be making objects d'art. You could open the top before firing so they could be used as a pen holder. Many possibilities abound for you, X-man.
I usually just run them over with the lawnmower.

One of my dog's favorite activities is digging the crawfish out of their holes and crunching them up like a well deserved treat.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
of course i care about you! what kinda of a BFF would i be if i didn't!:)
I'm not taking applications for friends right now.

You don't meet the criteria anyway.

Please take your hand off my thigh.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not cutting to the chase, it is still ignoring my original question and veering the discussion into something completely unrelated. If you donít see that, chances are this discussion is pointless. I see what you are doing and canít say that I appreciate it, but will answer you anyway. Could you please try to take the time to actually read my responses before you start smacking at me, and perhaps we can both take something out of this discussion.
First and foremost:
Your scenario is *nothing* like the condoning Nazism. There is absolutely no correlation between 10 to 11 million civilians and prisoners of war being intentionally murdered by the Nazi regime, and someoneís sexual orientation as a leader in the Church.
Secondly:
I have no issue with ordaining homosexuals into leadership positions within the Church.
I do have an issue with the idea of taking it upon myself, to decide who Godís word should be shared with. As well as taking it upon myself to tell someone that has felt Godís calling to preach his word, that they cannot. I have yet to have pointed out to me where it tells us in the Bible that one sin is greater than another (other than the unforgivable sin), and have yet to hear someone tell me that a pastor has to be sinless in order to preachÖ..
Thirdly my question for you:
What *exactly* is it that you think a homosexual pastor, would preach differently?
we did cut to the chase as far as i'm concerned, NS.

i never insinuated that one sin is greater than another in the Word, but at least we agree that homosexuality is a sin.

so, would you also not have a problem with ordaining a professing/unrepentant adulterer, pedophile...etc???

i suspect that a homosexual pastor would not teach what the Bible does about homosexuality.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
we did cut to the chase as far as i'm concerned, NS.
i never insinuated that one sin is greater than another in the Word, but at least we agree that homosexuality is a sin.
so, would you also not have a problem with ordaining a professing/unrepentant adulterer, pedophile...etc???
i suspect that a homosexual pastor would not teach what the Bible does about homosexuality.
Why would homosexuality be a sin?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
John is a proven liar.
He doesn't realize still that those words were spoken about people like him. It was not talking to those outside the faith, but those inside it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

747 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 min Uzi 115,328
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min FudgeNFury 256,705
underwear: tight fit? loose fit? other? (Mar '13) 8 min Thoughtful Chap 20
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min atemcowboy 532,958
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min ROCCO 721,286
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 18 min Strength and Honor 172,475
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 24 min Stilgar Fifrawi 224,373
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 53 min Miki 81
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••