Why I’m no longer a Christian

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#436077 Jan 16, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm sorry, i responded to what i thought you said. i'm not trying to be your enemy, i'm just confused sometimes why it seems that you side with my enemies against me. i may not be the kindest & most articulate christian, but i am definitely NOT a satanic blasphemer.
do you care to ask me again in an abbreviated version? i blow in & out of this thread quickly and try to keep things brief:)
I guess it never occurred to you that:
1. It's not her job to agree with you.
2. She is agreeing with Jesus' teachings instead of you.
3. She is more moral and ethical than you.
4. You are quite the satanic blasphemer.
5. Your ego is all that you represent. Since she is trying to honestly represent the teachings of Jesus in her actions and words, she owes no allegiance to those who don't do the same. Calling yourself a Christian doesn't make you a person who actually acts like one.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#436078 Jan 16, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Bigger Baby Jeebus wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not anti-Christ, preacher. I am not anti-Khan or Spock, either. I am also not anti-your brain. It is impossible to be against things that can not be demonstrated to exist.
<quoted text>
Do people at Star Trek conventions wave old episode scripts around and scream in everyone's faces, "You MUST BELIEVE OR YOU SHALL BURN IN HELL FOREVER!!!!!"
Well...after the first pint some of 'em does. But they git's a free fly'n lesson.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#436079 Jan 16, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
sure your mad at God, big baby! since you can't touch Him personaly/physically, you go after those of His who you can! that's what satanist's do! this is not rocket science, dumb dumb!;)
Stop saying you can touch God physically. That's just your blow-up doll, silly.

“How You Treat Me”

Since: May 10

Determines How I Treat You

#436080 Jan 16, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would homosexuality be a sin?
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you'll hafta ask God about that one.
Translation: "Duuhh...I don't know, but I won't admit it. I need duh buybull to tell me what to believe."

“How You Treat Me”

#436081 Jan 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Try understanding what you read before responding to it.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
hi kait - i'd really like to chat, but just as you're coming, i have to go:)
What, did the boss show up?

Location hidden

#436082 Jan 16, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Tinkerbell isn't real either. Just sayin'.
WHaaaat?!
Then HOW did they make all them pichers look JIST LIKE 'er??

“How You Treat Me”

#436083 Jan 16, 2013
Bigger Baby Jeebus wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not anti-Christ, preacher. I am not anti-Khan or Spock, either. I am also not anti-your brain. It is impossible to be against things that can not be demonstrated to exist.

Do people at Star Trek conventions wave old episode scripts around and scream in everyone's faces, "You MUST BELIEVE OR YOU SHALL BURN IN HELL FOREVER!!!!!"
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!!! you're ssssoooo cute sometimes:)
Translation: "I'm not answering that."

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#436084 Jan 16, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe we can cut the chase:
where do you stand regarding ordaining professing homosexuals (activists) into leadership positions within the Body of Christ?
this isn't an exact scenario like condoning nazism circa 40's, but it's an attack on our society & the church from the same spirit of antichrist, IMO.
Are you worried about your ordination being recalled or something? Or are you just looking for something else for which you can condemn NS?

“How You Treat Me”

#436085 Jan 16, 2013
<quoted text>
He likes to attack me because I reject his historicized jesus, while I accept the historical Socrates and Plato. He commands be to believe what he tells me to believe, and I refuse. In that way, he is no different from the christians he claims to oppose.
He likes to attack me because I stated that I'm ninth-generation Strega, and that my tradition is based on ancient Etruscan beliefs. Now, why he hates *that* so much, I have no idea; but he obviously feels threatened enough by it to make him spew his hatred toward not only myself, but he's even attacked, derided, impugned and ridiculed my family.
I'd like to know why.
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Eleanor Roosevelt once said...
“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
Kaitlin...each time that you let someone get to you in a sense you are opening the door for them to continue. When you allow yourself to become angry you have given them what they want.
No matter what anyone says to you they can not take away your beliefs and what those beliefs stand for. Nor should anyone's opinion here matter to you. They don't pay your bills...hold your hand when you are sick...nor will they grow old with you.
I have to admit...SOME of you posts are a bit much for me but when you leave of the vile and nasty language
I kinda get the language from my dad and his buddies.... Marines, ya know.... My sister takes more after my mom, while I'm more like dad. I suppose I oughtta watch that...
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>a kind and caring person comes through. I like that Kaitlin...would love to see more of her.
I think some people come after you Kaitlin because they like to see you upset...they like for you to be angry. They take joy in being the one that causes it.
I know...it isn't any of my business.
Interesting; something definitely worth thinking about. Maybe I've been here too long...

That insignificant little sh*t stain "G_O_D" isn't getting to me, I'm just curious. However, it is obvious that somehow my existence here really gets to *him."

“How You Treat Me”

#436086 Jan 16, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Stop saying you can touch God physically. That's just your blow-up doll, silly.
I think he's touching himself when he says he's touching god...

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#436087 Jan 16, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>You will have to use your magic powers to contact him. Maybe just thinking of him will make him appear just long enough to post that updated list. My list went the way of the dinosaurs when my computer just up and died one day without notice. I really should have printed them out and taped them on the wall next to the computer. But alas, they are lost to me forever unless someone else has a copy.
I'll see what I can do from my end.
You have to back it up to get it back...

(Yeah that is from an ad.)

3copies, on 2 different media, with 1 of them off site. I've never managed to actually do that, but that is what the professionals keep saying.

#436088 Jan 16, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe we can cut the chase:
where do you stand regarding ordaining professing homosexuals (activists) into leadership positions within the Body of Christ?
this isn't an exact scenario like condoning nazism circa 40's, but it's an attack on our society & the church from the same spirit of antichrist, IMO.
So, you are saying that King David should not have been the source of the bloodline that will eventually culminate in the coming of the Messiah? After all, David married Johnathan in 1 Samuel...

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#436089 Jan 16, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe the claymaker made a bad batch of clay.
It's hard to find good help.
True, true. But you'd think an omnipotent one would know that up front, eh?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#436090 Jan 16, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
we did cut to the chase as far as i'm concerned, NS.
i never insinuated that one sin is greater than another in the Word, but at least we agree that homosexuality is a sin.
so, would you also not have a problem with ordaining a professing/unrepentant adulterer, pedophile...etc???
i suspect that a homosexual pastor would not teach what the Bible does about homosexuality.
What did Jesus say about homosexuality? Please be specific.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#436091 Jan 16, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i always know that i'm on the right coarse when it's opposite you, wn, thank you!;)
The right course for what? Making a fool of yourself and your religion? Letting everyone know what a hate-filled fool you are? Which course in specific is the right course? IT is certainly not following the teachings of the one you claim is God. It is certainly not a course of humility taught by that same teacher. It is certainly not being prepared to answer as you are told to do. So I'm really curious as to which course you think is the right one, considering you don't seem to think the course that Jesus plotted for you is the correct one.

#436092 Jan 16, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not cutting to the chase, this is a complex issue within the Church that you are trying to make simple…it's not.
The Bible is clear in saying that it is a sin.
You show ignorance by grouping homosexuals with pedophile’s. How do you personally know who is truly repentant and who is not? I am not willing to judge another’s character, based on my opinion.
I don’t agree.
The Bible never says that homosexuality is a sin. Well, not in the proper Hebrew anyway. Erroneous English translations may, but that is irrelevant to any serious discussion on a discussion about what is or is not a sin.

#436093 Jan 16, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree wholeheartedly with Calvin.
The Bible says God knows your needs so prayer in itself is a sign of lack of belief. A person who truly believed would never ask for anything, but tell God 'thank you' for the answer/blessing that you have bestowed on me and that is on it's way. Begging time after time for the same thing shows that one really doesn't think God is going to give it to them. It's like the child begging his parents for a BB gun for Christmas. He'll give all sorts of reasons why he should have it, and beg repeatedly until he wakes on Christmas morning to find no BB gun. Even the letter to Santa, which laid out carefully all the reasons he was responsible enough to own a BB gun did no good.
I truly think that you have to know you will receive that which you need. I think being optimistic and expecting it is a great deal better than begging and not thinking you are worthy of it. But worthlessness is an ingrained theory of theists. It has to be.
I think I have more assurance in what I need being given by the method I have outlined than many Christians who only beg. They also do not stop to ask themselves if it is something they can do for themselves before asking God for it. Or, ask themselves if it is truly something they need. My needs are always met. My fantasies, not so much. But I am wealthy beyond imagining. I have the love and respect of friends and family. To me, that's a lot better than begging for a new bike. But, that's just my vision of abundance.
BB gun?!? You'll shoot your eye out with that thing!

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#436094 Jan 16, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
we did cut to the chase as far as i'm concerned, NS.
i never insinuated that one sin is greater than another in the Word, but at least we agree that homosexuality is a sin.
so, would you also not have a problem with ordaining a professing/unrepentant adulterer, pedophile...etc???
i suspect that a homosexual pastor would not teach what the Bible does about homosexuality.
Nasty, perverted little creep. Do you imagine that homosexuality and pedophilia are the same because you are both? One has to ask because of all the remarks you make about both.

Pedophiles don't just abuse children of their own sex, you ignorant bigot. The two are not related. Well, maybe for people like you, but you aren't the ordinary homosexual. Most of them only want people old enough to make a decision and don't rape little children. Your preacher is more likely to rape a child than nearly all the homosexuals are. You're a preacher, aren't you?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#436095 Jan 16, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would homosexuality be a sin?
God did not put it in the ten commandments. Jesus never said one word about it. Even John of Patmos, who thought everyone on earth but him was probably bound for hell never mentioned in when he wrote of all those who would go to hell. It seems that it is a fear of many Christian men that they will become a homosexual if by chance they see a same-sex couple holding hands and don't run screaming in denial and condemnation. That tells me only one thing, they have desire for a same-sex relationship. There is nothing else that would account for such obsession with the subject.

Location hidden

#436096 Jan 16, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you are saying that King David should not have been the source of the bloodline that will eventually culminate in the coming of the Messiah? After all, David married Johnathan in 1 Samuel...
Maybe that ain't in the new revised "popup" version.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Michael 596,250
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 3 min NWmoon 221,821
White Lives MATTER 4 min Knock off purse s... 22
"Hey!!!! Do you think I have an ODD-SHAPED HEAD... 6 min Knock off purse s... 24
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min It aint necessari... 854,714
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 min PortaBella ITA 612,612
The Next O.J. & Nicole 10 min Knock off purse s... 12
The Christian Atheist debate 15 min Mr Wiggley 969
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr The swamiji 7,335
More from around the web