The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Oh, Yer banned from there...sumpth'n 'bout Italian bootlegg'n or sumpth'n.
I didn't have noth'n ta do with it sis! Now..'bout the basket>>>
About the basket.

I'm gonna be aboard, too.

Just installed a brand-new plank...

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Oh, Yer banned from there...sumpth'n 'bout Italian bootlegg'n or sumpth'n.
I didn't have noth'n ta do with it sis! Now..'bout the basket>>>
Dang. You learned my secret.

I'll take your admittance to the basket into consideration, but only if you never make derogatory remarks about anything choklit. That would absolutely end your chances of going on a fun trip with lots of people who were said by the fundies to be going to hell in a handbasket.

My basket is not a handbasket, as all of us wouldn't fit. It's been upgraded over the past couple of years and it's quite nice. We can lift off when the fundies following us get too close. We are now water-proof and can sail. But mostly we just have a lot of fun, and are not headed for hell. We never give our travel agenda to the public. We do publish our departure date so the fundies can follow and watch us have fun and think that they are correct in hoping we go to a place where we will be tortured forever for having that fun. We just laugh and laugh and keep our travel agenda. Well, with a few side trips down interesting looking paths.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>About the basket.
You mean diving platform, right?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> You mean diving platform, right?
*ahem*

Yes, of course, that's precisely what I meant...

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>About the basket.
Ha!
I spose they'll have us do'n all the swabb'n or crows nest'n...that's if'n W_N even signs the dang board'n papers! HUUM? I'm a wonder'n if we got's ta have a pastport? My head don't take pichers too good ya'know. Ever time they flashes that light thing, fire starts ta fly'n out'a that spot there. Afore I got my own ship(back in the day) they used ta strap me ta the forward bow so's they could see through the fog an all.

“Which "god"?”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>People who kill in the name of their god *are* mentally ill.
Can't argue with that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Dang. You learned my secret.
I'll take your admittance to the basket into consideration, but only if you never make derogatory remarks about anything choklit. That would absolutely end your chances of going on a fun trip with lots of people who were said by the fundies to be going to hell in a handbasket.
My basket is not a handbasket, as all of us wouldn't fit. It's been upgraded over the past couple of years and it's quite nice. We can lift off when the fundies following us get too close. We are now water-proof and can sail. But mostly we just have a lot of fun, and are not headed for hell. We never give our travel agenda to the public. We do publish our departure date so the fundies can follow and watch us have fun and think that they are correct in hoping we go to a place where we will be tortured forever for having that fun. We just laugh and laugh and keep our travel agenda. Well, with a few side trips down interesting looking paths.
OK!! I promise!
Sounds like ya been do'n lots o' updat'n an such, Is this gonna be like the clean mary boat?
It's really good that it's waterproof an all---helps it float huh?Tineraries is good too! That way ya know what yer gonna eat every day.

“Which "god"?”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Ha!
I spose they'll have us do'n all the swabb'n or crows nest'n...that's if'n W_N even signs the dang board'n papers! HUUM? I'm a wonder'n if we got's ta have a pastport? My head don't take pichers too good ya'know. Ever time they flashes that light thing, fire starts ta fly'n out'a that spot there. Afore I got my own ship(back in the day) they used ta strap me ta the forward bow so's they could see through the fog an all.
Pml!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> You mean diving platform, right?
Sheeew! I figgered maybe it was one o' them walk'n planks.

Big Smile

(@_@)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>*ahem*
Yes, of course, that's precisely what I meant...
Uh...

(Q!Q)
Gulp...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Pml!
;)

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh...
(Q!Q)
Gulp...
*snicker*

“Son Of Maroons.”

Since: Jan 07

United Kingdom.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't understand you with your mouth all full of your dad's semen. Try again.
You sound such a nice lady you do. PWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA, NOT.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi NS4M...so far the only one saying the shooter was an Atheist was the greyboxer tlc...he provided no proof of his accusation.
All the info that I've seen so far only indicates he was being bullied. I don't agree with his reaction but I wasn't there, didn't live his experience, and have no idea if he ever complained or sought help.
Hello Mr. Wiggley. It simply irritates me to read someone write on here that all these horrific act’s being done in America are done by atheist’s. It always reminds me of this story about a young girl at a public school and her choice to simply not join in on the prayers at basketball games. It saddens me to think that this child had to learn a very adult lesson, at such a young age. I do not think that anyone can say that the Christian adults in her life at the time, did anything to show her how the love of Christ is to work through us (Christians). Instead, they showed her what bigotry and hate can do to a young child and her family at what was a very impressionable age:

From 2007:
http://theatheistconservative.com/tag/nicole-...
From 2009:
http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1535068/...
I could not find any recent articles about her. I think it would be interesting to know if she went on to college, and her take on things now that she is older.

Anyone that honestly thinks that all the bad things that happen in America are due to the 6 or so % of people that don’t believe in (a) God, has to be a bit off in the head in my honest opinion.

Ann Arbor, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny in a way...personal strength...belief in oneself.
Yes, the personal strength it takes to face the obstacle’s in ones life. I do not think that God intends for folks to simply sit and pray about their (or others) trials and tribulations to make them better.

I believe that the Bible is intended to be a guide to better oneself, not to use to simply impress upon others what one personally think’s the will of God is. It is my belief that God works through us, not simply for us. What I take from The Mustard Seed is that I may simply be one small person - the mustard seed, yet I am capable of making a big difference - moving mountains.
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
In your opinion is one that believes in God any more likely to "move mountains"? Are they truly stronger to face those obstacles than someone that believes that God doesn't exist?
No. I believe that it is a story found within the Bible to give one added strength when they are in need of it. I draw on my belief in God for personal strength, others do not. It is simply something that makes us different, not one more capable than the other.
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
The story of the mustard seed was one that I did some research on a couple of months ago. Many different ways of looking at it.
Pliny The Elder had this to say about it...
"when it has once been sown, it is scarcely possible to get the place free of it"
http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Christianity/...
You might enjoy reading the Buddhist version of the mustard seed parable.
http://www.sacred-texts.com/bud/btg/btg85.htm
I had more NS...just can't seem to get it written this morning.
Anyway...hope you enjoy the different version of "The Mustard Seed".
I found your links very interesting, below are three quotes from them that gave me pause:

"It is hard," Douglas Oakman rightly concludes, "to escape the conclusion that Jesus deliberately likens the rule of God to a weed."

“The point, in other words, is not just that the mustard plant starts as a proverbially small seed and grows into a shrub of three or four feet, or even higher, it is that it tends to take over where it is not wanted, that it tends to get out of control, and that it tends to attract birds within cultivated areas where they are not particularly desired. And that, said Jesus, was what the Kingdom was like: not like the mighty cedar of Lebanon and not quite like a common weed, like a pungent shrub with dangerous takeover properties. Something you would want in only small and carefully controlled doses-if you could control it.”

“He who seeks peace should draw out the arrow of lamentation, and complaint, and grief. He who has drawn out the arrow and has become composed will obtain peace of mind; he who has overcome all sorrow will become free from sorrow, and be blessed."

Thank you for the links and the thoughts that are following AnnieJ. I hope all is well in your slice of the world my friend.

Ann Arbor, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't read Borg's book, but I did catch this article when it came out:
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/07/31/do-y...
"Many Americans are bilingual. They speak a secular language of sports talk, celebrity gossip and current events. But mention religion and some become armchair preachers who pepper their conversations with popular Christian words and trendy theological phrases.
"If this is you, some Christian pastors and scholars have some bad news: You may not know what you’re talking about. They say that many contemporary Christians have become pious parrots. They constantly repeat Christian phrases that they don’t understand or distort.
"Marcus Borg, an Episcopal theologian, calls this practice “speaking Christian.” He says he heard so many people misusing terms such as “born again” and “salvation” that he wrote a book about the practice."
Thank you for the link X. Little bits that caught my attention:

Christianity’s focus has long been about ushering in God’s kingdom “on Earth, not just in heaven,” Borg says.
“Christianity’s goal is not to escape from this world. It loves this world and seeks to change it for the better,” he writes.

“When Christians develop their own private language for one another, they forget how Jesus made faith accessible to ordinary people, he says.
“Speaking Christian can become a way of suggesting a kind of spiritual status that others don’t have,” he says.“It communicates a kind of spiritual elitism that holds the spiritually ‘unwashed’ at arm’s length."
By that time, they’ve reached the final stage of speaking Christian - they've become spiritual snobs.”

I think I am going to pick this one up, sounds very interesting.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
It's one less war. We are at the most peaceful, world wide, time in all of known history. Not boding too well for your "end times prophecies," is it?
actually prophecy says "when they say "peace peace, then comes sudden destruction".

also, regarding the antichrist, it say "through peace he shall destroy wonderfully" and "....all the world will wonder after him"

you see, when so-called 'peace' is made in the world, but God is kicked out of its ideology, it becomes useless to Him and therefore He will destroy it; i.e., the godless world system.

Ann Arbor, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them?
Buddha
Love it!

“Paul is a confessed liar”

Since: Jul 11

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
... but God is kicked out of its ideology, it becomes useless to Him and therefore He will destroy it....
Your deity is one evil POS. Good thing it isn't real.

Ann Arbor, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
"Teach this triple truth to all: A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service and compassion are the things which renew humanity."
Buddha.
Words to live by.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 411,381 - 411,400 of440,819
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

469 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Rosa_Winkel 680,135
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 15 min number four 216,893
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 35 min alisha24 249
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 40 min pusherman_ 596,526
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 42 min NUTS AMERICA 37,859
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 42 min Hitesrunprincess 52,509
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 43 min Uzi 109,567
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Chess Jurist 512,090
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 2 hr sakib 47
•••
•••
•••