Why I’m no longer a Christian

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#435754 Jan 15, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
thank you for the answer!
my point in asking the question about boneheofer and germany is that i think a similar thing IS happening today in the american church. we have some that won't stand up for anything. i do know that bonhofer was a lutheran theologian/pastor, but he obviously had a different spirit from the status quo.
YOU WOULDN'T HAVE STOOD WITH BONHOEFERS CONFESSING CHURCH AND YOU ADMIT IT?!?! i rest my case....
I do not appreciate you twisting what I said in an attempt to make me look bad. I said that I stood more along the lines of what ideas Dietrich Bonheoffer held than the Lutheran church, but I did not agree with his idea of followers attempting to assassinate Hitler. So I would not have been a member of either Church.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
if you're asking about the potter/clay scripture; i quoted from paul-the new testament, but he was drawing from jeremiah's vision from the old testament which predated greek mythology.
Our conversation had nothing to do with the potter/clay conversation, I think you know that since I posted our entire conversation in the post you replied to.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#435755 Jan 15, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>Christianity: the religion that thinks the purpose of science is to disprove their myth.

Reality: Science does not address mythology.
Mythology? Not a lot, no, but Science does address it.
God? Yes, it certainly does.
The purpose of Science to disprove my myth? Never said any such thing, but since you're bringing it up, no, I don't think that's the only purpose of Science at all.
There are many branches of Science, covering many different fields of study.

Nice to see you X :D

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#435756 Jan 15, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
We is everyone on this thread except you, including Christians.
You're just too deluded to notice.
Yo, X, what's up a.

Location hidden

#435757 Jan 15, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
His beef is' "Liam seems to have quite the grasp on the fallacies of the Booble."
<smile>
Haha. I guess so. Color me confused.

Location hidden

#435758 Jan 15, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly, he took the 'gated snare' effect with him.
I guess Phil didn't need it. He had Chester.

Location hidden

#435759 Jan 15, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Not by all.
Are you declaring yourself a fundamentalist? That explains so much.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#435760 Jan 15, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I find it interesting (as well as odd) that your two posts above, reminded of this scene in Clash of the Titans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch ...
It has been a while since I attended a class on Greek mythology. I guess need a refresher course to understand why I personally read a link between what you wrote and this movie based on Greek mythology. <<shrugs>>
<quoted text>
Not everything is based on your Book of Lies. Buddhism, Hinduism, Shinto, Sikhism, Greek mythology, Roman mythology, they are not based on your shitty little Book of Lies. What's so hard to understand about that?
Your problem is you believe your own bullshit.
Oh, don't stop there, the religion of the Aztecs, the Mayans, the Norse, the Celts, the Egyptians, African Animism, Minoan Snake Cults, and a few thousand more all had nothing to do with any of the Bible or any of its central characters.

Location hidden

#435761 Jan 15, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
So, are you saying Scientific research about God is a non issue? You seem to be changing my words, I said to you that my contention is that both secular and Christian Scientists are still debating, discussing and researching God's existence or lack thereof, in almost all branches of Science. What's interesting here is that Atheists who possess knowledge of Science, don't dispute this, and two words typed into any search engine in the world (there's a big world out there) would give ample evidence of this non issue, pages and pages to pick and choose from. As for 'tact' I've tried that, honesty, I do that too, I made a mistake once, regarding something I wasn't aware of because I don't normally live in forums. Some I won't bother to take seriously after failed attempts, much like I seem to be failing right now. My crime, in simply coming in here (a thread in a public International forum) and talking to Doc, is that I am a Christian. Something most Atheists (not trolls) in various threads and the real world, won't hold against me once they talk to me rationally, they also don't attack solely on that premise. You say you're exposing the dark underbelly of religion 'in America', I say I'm not American nor do I live there, and then you tell me that's irrelevant. Do you have a rational or logical reason for that? Or did you just decide to judge and mock me on sight? Are you one of those predictable bullies and/or trolls, who parrots all the same lines and strawman techniques designed to intimidate children (teens are children to me)?(there are several 'manuals' for that classic online behaviour) Or are you a rational human being who is capable of fair and honest discussion/debate? Just wondering.
in the words of X:

Reality: Science does not address mythology.

I haven't changed your words in any way, but, until you compose the above post in paragraphs, it is useless and unreadable.

Location hidden

#435762 Jan 15, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
so what's your marilyn manson aka "sum quisters made fun of my sunday school picture so i'm mad at god" story?:)
I never went to Sunday School, child. I couldn't be mad at your god, it is a bigger idiot than you and it is not nice to get mad at idiots. I see you haven't changed your inane spots, you have just degraded deeper into your inanity.

Sorry, preacher, there is no tithe here.

Location hidden

#435763 Jan 15, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
It is an open ended investigation without preconceptions. Just like science should be.
It does not presume existence or nonexistence of God. It may reveal brain biology that causes 'illusions' or a whole new sensory method that reveals a previously unknown dimension. No one "knows" yet.
Sure, but it certainly can't point to things that don't exist.

Location hidden

#435764 Jan 15, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
are all anticristers big babies like you?:)
I'm not anti-Christ, preacher. I am not anti-Khan or Spock, either. I am also not anti-your brain. It is impossible to be against things that can not be demonstrated to exist.

Location hidden

#435765 Jan 15, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
‘Chuckle…I was just trying to give him the chance to make good on what he had said.
You have a better chance of the Catholic Church releasing all their child rape records.

Location hidden

#435766 Jan 15, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. And great big dollops of cognitive dissonance.
Like whipped cream.

Location hidden

#435767 Jan 15, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
We would settle for you answering at least 1 out of every ten...a hundred...oh...okay...one out of two hundred.
One.

Location hidden

#435768 Jan 15, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Mythology? Not a lot, no, but Science does address it.
God? Yes, it certainly does.
The purpose of Science to disprove my myth? Never said any such thing, but since you're bringing it up, no, I don't think that's the only purpose of Science at all.
There are many branches of Science, covering many different fields of study.
Nice to see you X :D
You still haven't named a scientist who is actively trying to disprove a god or gods. It's not necessary.

Location hidden

#435769 Jan 15, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not appreciate you twisting what I said in an attempt to make me look bad. I said that I stood more along the lines of what ideas Dietrich Bonheoffer held than the Lutheran church, but I did not agree with his idea of followers attempting to assassinate Hitler. So I would not have been a member of either Church.
<quoted text>
Our conversation had nothing to do with the potter/clay conversation, I think you know that since I posted our entire conversation in the post you replied to.
It's all he has. Lies, lies, and more lies.

Location hidden

#435770 Jan 15, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
And another thing...
The clay has had it's shape changed through outside forces, yet it is still clay. While humans may place a higher value on a Ming vase than on a K-mart blue light special dish set, it is all still nothing more than a bit of dirt that got hot.
That's what she said.

Location hidden

#435771 Jan 15, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
We is everyone on this thread except you, including Christians.
You're just too deluded to notice.
He is a preacher, probably a youth pastor, and for that he should be incarcerated.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#435772 Jan 15, 2013
Bigger Baby Jeebus wrote:
<quoted text>What happened, the collection plate too light this month?
That, or he's been into the sacramental wine.

Or something like that.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#435773 Jan 15, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
I have proved it. At least to my own satisfaction, and with full knowledge that said proof is purely subjective in nature. But then, I don't try to drag the unwilling into my church.
No. You have not proved it; you merely believe it.

I have a real problem with someone of faith questioning the faith of someone else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 43 min Bongo 16,883
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr nanoanomaly 983,193
O.J. Simpson is about to be a free man once again. 1 hr Doctor REALITY 29
slaves and slave masters within philadelphia's ... 2 hr Laura 5
So how exactly did O.J. Simpson pull off a doub... 3 hr Doctor REALITY 27
i want to know asian or latino shemales in seat... (May '09) 3 hr Jeffrey 10
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr Anthony MN 683,876
More from around the web