Why I’m no longer a Christian

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#435615 Jan 15, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>The Clown believes the whole bible...
Have a nice day you non-intellectual bimbo ... ya hear!?
The first step to a holy life is to accept Jesus Christ as your savior!!! if you don't believe the book or in Jesus don't judge me
Jesus tells you that others will judge...

Matthew 5:16
In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

Your candle has burned out clownie...I see no light.

Again...

John 15:8 This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.

All I see when I look at you are...fruit flies.

And then there is...

1 Peter 2:12 Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us

I see no good deeds...only one-liner insults and lies about people that you do not know.

All of the above verses tell you that you will be judged by those that are not of your faith. They also tell you what you should be trying to display to those outside your faith.

You said in a post a few days ago that you will do on topix as you please...I suppose that you mean even if it goes against that which you claim to believe.

So...do you really believe in that Bible...in God...in Jesus...or just the parts that fit what you want to do?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#435616 Jan 15, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
The first step to a holy life is to accept Jesus Christ as your savior!!! if you don't believe the book or in Jesus don't judge me
Really, the whole thing? Literally, figuratively, sophically, or allegorically? Would that be both the Old and New Testaments and all the books rejected by certain Booblical councils? Would that be all that has been changed and added throughout the last 2,000 years? Do you have a specific version you can point to? That's important.

Let's examine something from the KJV of the New Testiclement and perhaps you can explain it to my satisfaction as to how you can consider it as something you believe.

1 Timothy 6:1-2:

1 Let as many servants as are under the yoke count their own masters worthy of all honour, that the name of God and his doctrine be not blasphemed.

2 And they that have believing masters, let them not despise them, because they are brethren; but rather do them service, because they are faithful and beloved, partakers of the benefit. These things teach and exhort.

Now, I realize this mode of English may be ungainly for those of us raised on "Run, Spot, Run", but somehow, miraculously, there are thousands of translations and transmogrifications of these strange words to go by. Let's try the NLT:

Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them.

Now, before you try to claim presentism as some sort of effective dodge, your claim was that you believed the entire Booble. So, if I were to take you as a slave, you would be required to obey me, no matter my ideology, your protestation, or the prevailing laws. If one of your fellow church-goers decided to take you as a slave, you would have to obey them even more reverently and fervently, as they are, like you, true believers and even more deserving of your servitude. All this is despite the secular-defined illegality and immorality of slavery. Yet, here it is, not only sanctioned but considered rule of law by the Booble.

If you had a daughter and she were forced into slavery by one of your fellow church-goers, as a Booble-believing Christer, you would be violating the word of your Lord and Master by intervening on her behalf. Your fellow church goer could point to 1 Timothy, and as a Booble-believing Christer, could trumpet his cause and deflate your protestations with a simple sweep of the Scripture.

Would that you are never put in that position, El Payaso Grande. It would be untenable.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#435617 Jan 15, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>This is a ignorant post by a ignorant poster!!!!!!!!!! who is very evil.. works for satan
PITIFUL
Clownie exposing the vile evil demons of topix
I have always enjoyed AnnieJ’s post’s and can not even fathom how you find her to be evil. Just because someone does not have the same view as you, does not mean that they work for satan. I worry about you T-Town.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#435618 Jan 15, 2013
Bigger Baby Jeebus wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmmm, the Booble is Kryptonite to Kristers. How's it hangin', Ms. Annie?
Hey there!

I don't think we have to worry too much about most of these Christians and their Bible...most of them haven't even taken the plastic wrapping off of it. If they have...they are trying to open it from the wrong side(upside down and backwords). Then again...they think they are only to read the page marked by that little ribbon bookmark.

Location hidden

#435619 Jan 15, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
BBJ, good to read you!! I was just thinking about you yesterday when asked a question about Hitler, and what my stance would have been during his rule.
How are you?

I can show you a website that illustrates quite well what the majority of Christians thought of the zeitgeist. Of course, it is easy to use a magnifying glass and judge their behavior without in any way looking at the context.

http://www.nobeliefs.com/Hitler1.htm

Quotes from Mein Kampf

http://www.nobeliefs.com/hitler.htm

From speeches:

http://www.nobeliefs.com/speeches.htm

Photo documentation of Christian collusion

http://www.nobeliefs.com/nazis.htm

How Hitler considered the Bible

http://www.nobeliefs.com/nazis.htm

Lies about Hitler and gun control

http://www.salon.com/2013/01/11/stop_talking_...

Did you know that in Colonial America, Catholics were unable to own guns?

Did you know that the NRA supported gun bans throughout their history?

http://www.keepandbeararms.com/information/xc...

The foundation of European anti-Semetism extends to Martin Luther, the Father of American Christianity:

http://www.nobeliefs.com/luther.htm

The old coot Drifter used to say (Where is that artless dodger?), "It is hard to brush the dust off history". He actually got it wrong. Brushing the dust from history exposes just how terribly history is manipulated by those who stand to gain politically and financially. Can we blame to common Christian in Germany for the ills of the nation? Of course not. The Treaty of Versailles made it impossible for the average German to feed their families. The conditions were ripe for a Cult of Personality dictator who could easily manipulate the masses with Booblical Principles and the collusion of the churches. Hitler put people to work and "put food on their families" (Thanks, Dubya!). This is the danger of religion, any religion. When the name of a god is invoked, and the people can be manipulated to do whatever works of that god the powers that be decide will be, the masses are opiated, sated, and stirred up into whatever froth is wanted. After all, how can you argue with a god?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#435620 Jan 15, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>The Clown believes the whole bible....
Please tell us how you believe a collection of books that you never read nor understand the little amount you did read.

Location hidden

#435621 Jan 15, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus tells you that others will judge...
Matthew 5:16
In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.
Your candle has burned out clownie...I see no light.
Again...
John 15:8 This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.
All I see when I look at you are...fruit flies.
And then there is...
1 Peter 2:12 Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us
I see no good deeds...only one-liner insults and lies about people that you do not know.
All of the above verses tell you that you will be judged by those that are not of your faith. They also tell you what you should be trying to display to those outside your faith.
You said in a post a few days ago that you will do on topix as you please...I suppose that you mean even if it goes against that which you claim to believe.
So...do you really believe in that Bible...in God...in Jesus...or just the parts that fit what you want to do?
"I see no good deeds...only one-liner insults and lies about people that you do not know."

There is Booblical justification for that, you know. Oh, wait, there's not! Sorry. It is so difficult to tell when witnessing the behavior of Topix Christers. In fact, the opposite is plainly true:

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)

Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously.

For those not Shakesperean:

When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly. Of course, Groete Hansworst always seems just a little confused. It might be all the horn honking and exhaust fumes from the tiny car, but, one does wonder why those that claim to be Booble-Believin' Christers don't care to follow any of the tenets.

Location hidden

#435622 Jan 15, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell us how you believe a collection of books that you never read nor understand the little amount you did read.
Hey, you old coot. What's up? It doesn't need to be understood. It's mysterious!

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#435623 Jan 15, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you can't disprove God! I think you have proved is! you will tell a whopper
You can't disprove Muhammad was God's most holy prophet. Better look on a map to see which way Mecca is and start with the bowing!

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#435624 Jan 15, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you're evil
You've judgmental, and therefore trespass against God. See ya in Hell!

“Love much, trust none”

There

#435625 Jan 15, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Are Topix Christians really any different than those that have not gathered here? I think that the only thing that Topix does is give them courage...after all...their preachers and congregations can't hear them.
You must remember...they believe that Jesus is with them here...he said so.
Matthew 18:20 - For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
I wonder if Jesus ever gets tired of them making him look like a fool?
Most of the people I know don't think much about religion other than as a reason to be prejudiced, judgemental and hate-filled.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#435626 Jan 15, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
Based upon your(and others')emulation of this 'Christ' fellow, he is a real scumbag worthy only of being flushed to hell.

Location hidden

#435627 Jan 15, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey there!
I don't think we have to worry too much about most of these Christians and their Bible...most of them haven't even taken the plastic wrapping off of it. If they have...they are trying to open it from the wrong side(upside down and backwords). Then again...they think they are only to read the page marked by that little ribbon bookmark.
It's OK, though. All they have to do is declare, "I believe!, and the bucket of pig's blood washes them Carrie-like to Cloud 9 in Outer Space!, where they get to wash hippie feet, listen to harp music and Pat Boone, watch Lonnie Frisbee pretend not to be gay while wearing a silken robe, angel wings, and a gilded halo, look down at Old Double Hockeysticks and squeal with glee at all that misfortune, and tease their soul hair high and blonde like Jan Crouch at a Billy Ray Cyrus concert.

Whoop!

Hey, where is Dusty, that hot, old crone? I picked up a fine, handcrafted velvet rope for her to use at the gates of Club Heaven. I heard the torture worms gnawed the heck out of the old one with their steel fangs.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#435628 Jan 15, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
....Matthew 18:20 - For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.....
IMHO, most do not qather in Jesus' name. They gather in the name of Christianity, Christ, Popes, Paul, Luther, etc. AND themselves.

A far cry from what Jesus meant.

Location hidden

#435629 Jan 15, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the people I know don't think much about religion other than as a reason to be prejudiced, judgemental and hate-filled.
Well, that's why it was invented, well, that, and ignorantly explaining the unexplainable, consolidating power, and growing the coffers. It is remarkably efficient at all of that.

Location hidden

#435630 Jan 15, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't disprove Muhammad was God's most holy prophet. Better look on a map to see which way Mecca is and start with the bowing!
When there are Muslim astronauts, they had a difficult time positioning the arrow in the spaceship to point to Mecca. Wonderfully a fatwa was composed to prevent blasphemy. It's magic!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Muslim_a...

Location hidden

#435631 Jan 15, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
You've judgmental, and therefore trespass against God. See ya in Hell!
Trespassing is such a strong word. It's more like littering. Care for a Chick Tract?

Location hidden

#435632 Jan 15, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus is my God
So much for The Commandments.

Location hidden

#435633 Jan 15, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
I can’t agree that the above view is a fair one personally. Looks to me like you are looking for all the bad in religion, and all the good in science. Everything that religion has done in this world is not bad, and everything science has done is not good.
By the way, while I may be incorrect here (I am sure I will be corrected if I am wrong) I think that the translation of witch is under dispute. I have read where it is thought to represent a person that poisons the local well. If a person was going around adding poison to well’s to kill off the locals, I could understand the command to not let someone kill off entire communities.
You may be right, but what is more important is how that Scripture was used to murder innocents and enemies, especially women. That it can be so broadly interpreted and misused points to its flaws and could potentially be described as nothing more than drivel.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch...

“Love much, trust none”

There

#435634 Jan 15, 2013
Bigger Baby Jeebus wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, you old coot. What's up? It doesn't need to be understood. It's mysterious!
Like a Hunter Thompson story ? LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Stilgar Fifrawi 854,817
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 25 min Liam 596,305
Gay teens in the New York Connecticut area (Feb '14) 38 min gogo2802 11
REAL Music !!! Part IV !! 39 min Doctor REALITY 3
Any GAY or BI guy wanna text or skype? (Feb '13) 43 min its me 33
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr Mr Wiggley 999
LOUD CRYIN' SPOILED Black Kids in Wal Mart!!!!! 1 hr Burke Devlin 58
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr PortaBella ITA 612,614
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 7 hr The swamiji 7,335
More from around the web