Why I’m no longer a Christian

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#435595 Jan 15, 2013
BOOK OF LIES wrote:
<quoted text>
No you don't. You believe in a book of lies.
I believe in Jesus Christ!!! My lord and savior.. you don't umderstand the word of God.. it says so

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#435596 Jan 15, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
So there is no such thing as Deus Pater, Spiritus Sanctum, Sa'Tan, YHWY, El or Elohim ? OK
Jesus Christ is my lord and savior..

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#435597 Jan 15, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you sure inferred and projected a LOT into my conversation with NS! get your own life!:)
I missed this till I read Waters response to it. I always welcome Waters opinion on things. She has a life, and in my opinion your question was implying insult. I am still waiting on a response from you, but you have not made your usual morning stop in here.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#435598 Jan 15, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus was not a Catholic. Nor a Baptist. Nor a Muslim. Nor anything else.
Do try to come into the 21st century.
Jesus is my God

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#435599 Jan 15, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that is sweet for you to be concerned about me. However some stranger on the internet laughing at me hardly affects my daily life. Quite frankly it is more important for me to speak my mind than it is what some jackass assumes about me.
So...you believe in a god???
IMO...We are all molded in to what we have become. We are molded by our parents...relatives...friends. ..and by our ancestors. We all carry bits and pieces of them with us. For some that molding also comes from religion...even those that have walked away from it.
Whether one believes in the existence of a god or not the mere fact of the possibility of a god has affected us. Take you for example...you came to this thread asking questions about God. The mere possibility of a god has "molded" your thinking. Even if your intentions are to disprove the existence of a god, the idea of a god has played a role in your life...good or bad.
Oh well...think what you want of me...I doubt if it will change who I am...what I think...what I post here on this thread...even if you laugh at me!
Have a good day and many the sun shine upon the clay in your garden...
On a side note...clay can actually be good for a garden...it will hold moisture...filled with vital nutrients...good luck though getting anything to grow in it with out the...hands of the gardener.
Oh...and one last thing...never dig in clay while it is moist...you end up with hard clumps that are even more difficult to work with.
This is a ignorant post by a ignorant poster!!!!!!!!!! who is very evil.. works for satan

PITIFUL

Clownie exposing the vile evil demons of topix

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#435600 Jan 15, 2013
Da Man wrote:
I just took a dump and it looks like the cross. Is this a sign from Jesus? Does this Holy dump make me a christian?
no it means you need to wipe that nasty @SS

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#435601 Jan 15, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you're a liar! ye ole demon
So...you think I lied? Maybe I should have said instead...

"Clownie truly believes in that book of lies. He displays the behavior that he does on this thread and others because of it. He might think that they are lies but he gives off the impression that there is a need to follow that book of lies."

Is that better clownie?

1 Thessalonians 4:7-8
For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life. Therefore, he who rejects this instruction does not reject man but God, who gives you his Holy Spirit.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#435602 Jan 15, 2013
Da Man wrote:
I just took a dump and it looks like the cross. Is this a sign from Jesus? Does this Holy dump make me a christian?
Yes it does... a crappy one. LOL

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#435603 Jan 15, 2013
Most of the "christians" on Topix believe only that they are better than everyone else and can do and say whatever they want as long as they say "Praise Jesus" afterwards.

They are the kind of people that Jesus constantly condemned.

What they fail to realize is that Jesus was talking about THEM.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#435604 Jan 15, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
So...you think I lied? Maybe I should have said instead...
"Clownie truly believes in that book of lies. He displays the behavior that he does on this thread and others because of it. He might think that they are lies but he gives off the impression that there is a need to follow that book of lies."
Is that better clownie?
1 Thessalonians 4:7-8
For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life. Therefore, he who rejects this instruction does not reject man but God, who gives you his Holy Spirit.
The Clown believes the whole bible...

Have a nice day you non-intellectual bimbo ... ya hear!?

The first step to a holy life is to accept Jesus Christ as your savior!!! if you don't believe the book or in Jesus don't judge me

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#435605 Jan 15, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
Most of the "christians" on Topix believe only that they are better than everyone else and can do and say whatever they want as long as they say "Praise Jesus" afterwards.
you're a liar

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#435606 Jan 15, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>This is a ignorant post by a ignorant poster!!!!!!!!!! who is very evil.. works for satan
PITIFUL
Clownie exposing the vile evil demons of topix
And this is a Christian with his life reborn to live as Jesus commands him to...loving his neighbor as he does himself.

“But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you. To one who strikes you on the cheek, offer the other also, and from one who takes away your cloak do not withhold your tunic either. Give to everyone who begs from you, and from one who takes away your goods do not demand them back. And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.

And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same?

I am sure clownie that you will also think this is an ignorant post. Who would expect for a Christian to even attempt to follow the above verses?

Don't blame me for this post...WN said that we should post things that you Christians don't believe in...so I did.

Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them.

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.

Ann Arbor, MI

#435607 Jan 15, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Do. It's not what's in it...it's what's NOT in it.
Chuckle…I got that part, but what was included in his book are the parts of the Bible that he personally chose to focus on. Maybe I read your post to me incorrectly? I was talking about what the story of the mustard seed means to me, and how I believe it is a story to give strength. In your reply you suggested Jefferson’s Bible to me. As he was a founding father, it would suggest to me that he focused on passages that gave him strength to stand for what he believes in, while keeping scripture close to his heart. That could not have been easy in my opinion, considering the fact that they were trying to create a country free from religious rule.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#435608 Jan 15, 2013
Hey! A hearty Hi Ho to all you heathens, scalawags, Poes, Christers, and Christians alike. I see the arguments from incredulity are alive and well in this little flush box of Topix.

Location hidden

#435609 Jan 15, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I believe in Jesus Christ!!! My lord and savior.. you don't umderstand the word of God.. it says so
Hello, Topix's Über Clown Spieler. Long time, no nose honk!

May I pose to you a question that may actually cause you to think and question?

This morning I read a story wherein a man began his day by insulting his mother in public, then he punched out his father, brother, and sister. He then gathered up all his clothes, sold them to a second-hand store, and with the proceeds bought a used assault rifle and 50 rounds of ammunition. Next, he went down to the animal shelter and injected all the dogs with a drug that caused them to go insane and dive into the nearby canal where they all drowned. By this time he was hungry, so he went over to his neighbor's apple orchard and burned it down, because he wanted an orange and there weren't any. On the way home, he stopped at the local steel mill to discuss his philosophy of life with some of the guys. They laughed at him and said to stow it, so he tossed them all into the blast furnace. That night he discovered his son looking at a copy of Playboy. Concerned for his future welfare, he cut off his right hand. What historical character did his activities today most resemble?

A. Genghis Khan

B. Pol Pot

C. Josef Stalin

D. Jesus the Christ

Anyone may answer, but, choose carefully. The answer betrays your assertion above. Of course, you are what you follow.

Location hidden

#435610 Jan 15, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
And this is a Christian with his life reborn to live as Jesus commands him to...loving his neighbor as he does himself.
“But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you. To one who strikes you on the cheek, offer the other also, and from one who takes away your cloak do not withhold your tunic either. Give to everyone who begs from you, and from one who takes away your goods do not demand them back. And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.
And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same?
I am sure clownie that you will also think this is an ignorant post. Who would expect for a Christian to even attempt to follow the above verses?
Don't blame me for this post...WN said that we should post things that you Christians don't believe in...so I did.
Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them.
Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.
Hmmmm, the Booble is Kryptonite to Kristers. How's it hangin', Ms. Annie?

Location hidden

#435611 Jan 15, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you're a liar
You do realize that this bald assertion is in now way a rebuttal, right? It just makes you look like a clown. Are you guys using a Yaris or a Fiat 500 as your commuter vehicle these days?

Ann Arbor, MI

#435612 Jan 15, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
Online version of Jefferson's work available here:
http://www.angelfire.com/co/JeffersonBible/
Thank you for the link G. Going to take a bit to work my way through it though, lot’s of info. Found within the intro:

The editor suggests that The Jefferson Bible be read as Thomas Jefferson intended, without even thinking about what was left out or moved from one place to another. His purpose was to present a code of morals, suitable for instruction in ordinary living, not a code of religious dogmas and supernatural beliefs. It is the editor's hope that readers of The Jefferson Bible will be better able to appreciate the strikingly sublime ethical philosophy of Jesus when his words are separated from the other doctrinal issues, and that they will be able to agree with Jefferson that these "doctrines of Jesus are simple and tend all to the happiness of man."

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#435613 Jan 15, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
Are Topix Christians really any different than those that have not gathered here? I think that the only thing that Topix does is give them courage...after all...their preachers and congregations can't hear them.

You must remember...they believe that Jesus is with them here...he said so.

Matthew 18:20 - For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

I wonder if Jesus ever gets tired of them making him look like a fool?

Ann Arbor, MI

#435614 Jan 15, 2013
Bigger Baby Jeebus wrote:
Hey! A hearty Hi Ho to all you heathens, scalawags, Poes, Christers, and Christians alike. I see the arguments from incredulity are alive and well in this little flush box of Topix.
BBJ, good to read you!! I was just thinking about you yesterday when asked a question about Hitler, and what my stance would have been during his rule.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min RoSesz 603,263
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min nanoanomaly 879,236
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min Charlie Sheen 272,893
http://www.muscatmassage-service.com/ call us ... (Jan '15) 24 min Jake 3
cleaning black dollar \ cleaning black currency... (Sep '12) 27 min Blackhawk 88
Is the problem of groping in India over exagger... (Jan '11) 1 hr Keny 492
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr -Stray Dog 8,064
The Christian Atheist debate 3 hr feces for jesus 3,850
More from around the web