Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Willful ignorance, at that. I once had a Mormon tell me that the Freemasons stole the rites of the Mormons from Joseph Smith. Smith was a member of the Freemasons before having his 'vision'. The Freemasons had their rituals starting in the 1600's. When I explained this to her, she totally lost it and told me I should 'pray about it'. Oh, well.
The Revisionists

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"the fact remains..."
this is the whole problem; you don't have any facts to disprove what's documented in the Bible and therefore nothing you say will remain.
You just lied for your religion, again.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
You just lied for your religion, again.
You'd think at some point when you have to keep dancing around the facts (i.e., as you say, lying) that at some point a light-bulb would go off. But I guess he needs a god emotionally more than he values truth and reality. I guess that makes his God a kind of drug.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Clay is a malleable substance. It is plastic in that it can be made into many different objects. It can be made into things useful for everyday life such as bowls, jugs, and bricks.
The potter makes the objects and fires them. It is up to the end user to decide how to use them.
A bowl can be used to serve up poisoned porridge or nourishing soup. A jug may hold acid or delicious lemonade. A brick may be used to stone your wife and children or build a house in which they may live comfortably.
You forget that without the clay, the potter would be just as empty of accomplishments as clay would be without the potter.
In other words, each are equally valuable.
In the case of God being the potter, it would mean he only makes the vessels and goods from available material, or clay. The end use is not at his discretion.
Each human being is the end user of life. We can provide a nourishing bowl of soup to a stranger or serve him poisoned soup until he dies or realizes what you're doing and goes to someone who has something nourishing and healing for him.
You can serve lemonade or acid. Acid will damage the person and leave them bitter toward you forever. Or, you can serve lemonade sweetened with honey and have him ask you for the recipe.
You can stone your wife, children and neighbors for what you believe they are doing wrong, or you can build a house where all are welcome.
It's all up to each individual.
When you choose to use the vessels in a way that makes others run from you, you will never be asked for a recipe. You'll never become a friend. You'll never be able to share anything else because you will not be trusted to do so.
You co-create the world with your deeds, words and thoughts. Not a single human being can manage to always use honey every time they speak. Not a single human being can manage to love every other person, as we do not have the capacity to see within their minds. Not a single human being can manage to build every house to be a welcoming place with a fire of kindness always burning.
But we can manage not to stone people with the bricks of hate. Bricks that were fired with the intent of providing comfort can be used for many other things not so pleasant.
All we can do is try to understand how to use the utensils and bricks in the most productive and compassionate way.
It is not up to your God or anyone else's to do this work. It is up to each individual.
When you realize this, you can change and truly be 'born again'.
Excellent dissertation! Bravo!

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i'll answer your question if you answer mine:
in retrospect, who do you think were the more effective Christians in germany circa 30's - 40's; the wishy washy hand-wringing lutherans who thought their vocation was to smile and be friendly and who were afraid to speak-out when the nazi party was developing - or, the confessing church led by deitrich bonehoefer, who's members became opposed by the lutherans, persecuted, imprisoned and killed by the nazis???
How interesting….I always thought a conversation followed along the lines of - Statement made, another asks the person making the statement a question, the person answers the question - then follow’s up with their own question…<<shrugs> >

While I would stand more along the ideas that Dietrich Bonheoffer held, I would not have agreed with his idea of trying to take it upon myself to assassinate Hitler. In other words, I do not think I would have been a member of either Church. I find it interesting that you asked me this question though. I have always thought that looking back on the Third Reich and the Holocaust, is a good way to remember that we as individuals must look into what our Church leaders are telling us. I do not believe that they were being “wishy washy” as you put it. I think they were listening to their pastors and not questioning, in other words - they thought that they were doing right by God. If you think that it was just a Lutheran issue, and that this type of thing could never happen again, I believe that you are sadly mistaken. By the way, did you know that Dietrich was an Ordained Lutheran Pastor?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
can you name one that began prior to 'in the beginning'?
the first false religion that i know of began when adam & eve put on fig leaves (first pagan costume) & attempted to hide from God.
You are truly the epitome of idiocy.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Yes link worked. Funny picture.
the hairy legs and bottom of his feet, were well rather creepy!

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Nah. It's just a picnic. The fundies hate it when we have fun. Why would I spoil that? We just hire somebody to do the dirty work. It's all that money I get from redeeming my nuts/clueless/racy icons from Topix that allows that.
perhaps an explanation of the basket and how it came about would be helpful to those non-believers who are not aware of the basket!!!

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
huh said "a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world..."
key words being NATURAL WORLD.
we've been down this road, hon; when 'science' departs from the study of the physical & begins to speculate on the supernatural/metaphysical world and/or denies it's existance, it moves out of the realm of expertise and into the realm of being antichrist/satanic. don't be those dummies!
Do remember that the contrary is also true. When religion tries to speak about matters regarding the physical world (evolution, Big Bang, age of the Earth) it is moving out of its realm of expertise and is teaching superstition/nonsense.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> There is no such thing as sin. That's a little trick made up by priests in order to keep the flock in line and keep them coming back.
There are mistakes. One does not need someone to die in their place for common mistakes. One does not need someone to die in their place even for murder. It's a ridiculous idea and it is as immoral as one can be to accept such a thing. Jesus would weep that you use him in such a way.
Fun facts:

My Jewish friends have told me that the term translated as "sin" in the Bible comes from a word that means "missing the target" as in not hitting the bulls-eye in archery. Nothing more. "Sin" in the Bible meant that you had made a mistake and needed to apologize and try to do a better job in the future. Nothing more, no eternal damnation, no irreparable separation from the God of the Bible, nothing like that at all.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
if the world gets purged of Christians one or another, you'd better duck for cover & count your days.....
Unless we can get rid of the Muslims at the same time. THEN maybe we could see an era of world peace.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I can't prove what you can't disprove
If it was real, you could prove it...
father bambino

Lansdowne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL *snort*
The ignorance of Christianity is always entertaining.
Doink
God is a gonna getta you for this.
No pizza for you.

Since: Jul 08

White Lake, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you're gonna hafta answer to God for His use of this analogy since He's the One who gave it to jeremiah to explain it to the children of israel....
Whadda hoot.

Pretend much?
father bambino

Lansdowne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Willful ignorance, at that. I once had a Mormon tell me that the Freemasons stole the rites of the Mormons from Joseph Smith. Smith was a member of the Freemasons before having his 'vision'. The Freemasons had their rituals starting in the 1600's. When I explained this to her, she totally lost it and told me I should 'pray about it'. Oh, well.
Thassa right.
Remember, the only true a church is the catholic a one.
Let's all hava pizza.
father bambino

Lansdowne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"the fact remains..."
this is the whole problem; you don't have any facts to disprove what's documented in the Bible and therefore nothing you say will remain.
Thassa right.
You a good catholic boy.

White Lake, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
People who kill in the name of their god *are* mentally ill.
Yup.

White Lake, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>About the basket....
The basket again?

White Lake, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Final Word wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the confirmation MORON.
You are angry, maroon.
father bambino

Lansdowne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>get in a bible believing church John
Thassa right.
All catholic curches are a bible believers.
You a good clown.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

645 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
last post wins, game 2 ! (Aug '12) 7 min Concerned_American 336
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Oxbow 533,367
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min dirty white boy- 721,982
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 11 min Neelakaran 4,899
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 14 min UidiotRaceMakeWorldPEace 5,266
Have you ever farted and poop came out? (Jul '09) 21 min Real dr Shrink 31
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 24 min WasteWater 256,900
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 38 min godCHILD 115,557
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr UidiotRaceMAKEWORLDPEACE 172,528
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••