Why I’m no longer a Christian

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#435600 Jan 15, 2013
Da Man wrote:
I just took a dump and it looks like the cross. Is this a sign from Jesus? Does this Holy dump make me a christian?
no it means you need to wipe that nasty @SS

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#435601 Jan 15, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you're a liar! ye ole demon
So...you think I lied? Maybe I should have said instead...

"Clownie truly believes in that book of lies. He displays the behavior that he does on this thread and others because of it. He might think that they are lies but he gives off the impression that there is a need to follow that book of lies."

Is that better clownie?

1 Thessalonians 4:7-8
For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life. Therefore, he who rejects this instruction does not reject man but God, who gives you his Holy Spirit.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#435602 Jan 15, 2013
Da Man wrote:
I just took a dump and it looks like the cross. Is this a sign from Jesus? Does this Holy dump make me a christian?
Yes it does... a crappy one. LOL

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#435603 Jan 15, 2013
Most of the "christians" on Topix believe only that they are better than everyone else and can do and say whatever they want as long as they say "Praise Jesus" afterwards.

They are the kind of people that Jesus constantly condemned.

What they fail to realize is that Jesus was talking about THEM.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#435604 Jan 15, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
So...you think I lied? Maybe I should have said instead...
"Clownie truly believes in that book of lies. He displays the behavior that he does on this thread and others because of it. He might think that they are lies but he gives off the impression that there is a need to follow that book of lies."
Is that better clownie?
1 Thessalonians 4:7-8
For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life. Therefore, he who rejects this instruction does not reject man but God, who gives you his Holy Spirit.
The Clown believes the whole bible...

Have a nice day you non-intellectual bimbo ... ya hear!?

The first step to a holy life is to accept Jesus Christ as your savior!!! if you don't believe the book or in Jesus don't judge me

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#435605 Jan 15, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
Most of the "christians" on Topix believe only that they are better than everyone else and can do and say whatever they want as long as they say "Praise Jesus" afterwards.
They are the kind of people that Jesus constantly condemned.
What they fail to realize is that Jesus was talking about THEM.
you're a liar

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#435606 Jan 15, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>This is a ignorant post by a ignorant poster!!!!!!!!!! who is very evil.. works for satan
PITIFUL
Clownie exposing the vile evil demons of topix
And this is a Christian with his life reborn to live as Jesus commands him to...loving his neighbor as he does himself.

“But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you. To one who strikes you on the cheek, offer the other also, and from one who takes away your cloak do not withhold your tunic either. Give to everyone who begs from you, and from one who takes away your goods do not demand them back. And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.

And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same?

I am sure clownie that you will also think this is an ignorant post. Who would expect for a Christian to even attempt to follow the above verses?

Don't blame me for this post...WN said that we should post things that you Christians don't believe in...so I did.

Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them.

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#435607 Jan 15, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Do. It's not what's in it...it's what's NOT in it.
Chuckle…I got that part, but what was included in his book are the parts of the Bible that he personally chose to focus on. Maybe I read your post to me incorrectly? I was talking about what the story of the mustard seed means to me, and how I believe it is a story to give strength. In your reply you suggested Jefferson’s Bible to me. As he was a founding father, it would suggest to me that he focused on passages that gave him strength to stand for what he believes in, while keeping scripture close to his heart. That could not have been easy in my opinion, considering the fact that they were trying to create a country free from religious rule.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#435608 Jan 15, 2013
Hey! A hearty Hi Ho to all you heathens, scalawags, Poes, Christers, and Christians alike. I see the arguments from incredulity are alive and well in this little flush box of Topix.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#435609 Jan 15, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I believe in Jesus Christ!!! My lord and savior.. you don't umderstand the word of God.. it says so
Hello, Topix's Über Clown Spieler. Long time, no nose honk!

May I pose to you a question that may actually cause you to think and question?

This morning I read a story wherein a man began his day by insulting his mother in public, then he punched out his father, brother, and sister. He then gathered up all his clothes, sold them to a second-hand store, and with the proceeds bought a used assault rifle and 50 rounds of ammunition. Next, he went down to the animal shelter and injected all the dogs with a drug that caused them to go insane and dive into the nearby canal where they all drowned. By this time he was hungry, so he went over to his neighbor's apple orchard and burned it down, because he wanted an orange and there weren't any. On the way home, he stopped at the local steel mill to discuss his philosophy of life with some of the guys. They laughed at him and said to stow it, so he tossed them all into the blast furnace. That night he discovered his son looking at a copy of Playboy. Concerned for his future welfare, he cut off his right hand. What historical character did his activities today most resemble?

A. Genghis Khan

B. Pol Pot

C. Josef Stalin

D. Jesus the Christ

Anyone may answer, but, choose carefully. The answer betrays your assertion above. Of course, you are what you follow.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#435610 Jan 15, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
And this is a Christian with his life reborn to live as Jesus commands him to...loving his neighbor as he does himself.
“But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you. To one who strikes you on the cheek, offer the other also, and from one who takes away your cloak do not withhold your tunic either. Give to everyone who begs from you, and from one who takes away your goods do not demand them back. And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.
And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same?
I am sure clownie that you will also think this is an ignorant post. Who would expect for a Christian to even attempt to follow the above verses?
Don't blame me for this post...WN said that we should post things that you Christians don't believe in...so I did.
Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them.
Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.
Hmmmm, the Booble is Kryptonite to Kristers. How's it hangin', Ms. Annie?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#435611 Jan 15, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you're a liar
You do realize that this bald assertion is in now way a rebuttal, right? It just makes you look like a clown. Are you guys using a Yaris or a Fiat 500 as your commuter vehicle these days?

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#435612 Jan 15, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
Online version of Jefferson's work available here:
http://www.angelfire.com/co/JeffersonBible/
Thank you for the link G. Going to take a bit to work my way through it though, lot’s of info. Found within the intro:

The editor suggests that The Jefferson Bible be read as Thomas Jefferson intended, without even thinking about what was left out or moved from one place to another. His purpose was to present a code of morals, suitable for instruction in ordinary living, not a code of religious dogmas and supernatural beliefs. It is the editor's hope that readers of The Jefferson Bible will be better able to appreciate the strikingly sublime ethical philosophy of Jesus when his words are separated from the other doctrinal issues, and that they will be able to agree with Jefferson that these "doctrines of Jesus are simple and tend all to the happiness of man."

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#435613 Jan 15, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
Most of the "christians" on Topix believe only that they are better than everyone else and can do and say whatever they want as long as they say "Praise Jesus" afterwards.
They are the kind of people that Jesus constantly condemned.
What they fail to realize is that Jesus was talking about THEM.
Are Topix Christians really any different than those that have not gathered here? I think that the only thing that Topix does is give them courage...after all...their preachers and congregations can't hear them.

You must remember...they believe that Jesus is with them here...he said so.

Matthew 18:20 - For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

I wonder if Jesus ever gets tired of them making him look like a fool?

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#435614 Jan 15, 2013
Bigger Baby Jeebus wrote:
Hey! A hearty Hi Ho to all you heathens, scalawags, Poes, Christers, and Christians alike. I see the arguments from incredulity are alive and well in this little flush box of Topix.
BBJ, good to read you!! I was just thinking about you yesterday when asked a question about Hitler, and what my stance would have been during his rule.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#435615 Jan 15, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>The Clown believes the whole bible...
Have a nice day you non-intellectual bimbo ... ya hear!?
The first step to a holy life is to accept Jesus Christ as your savior!!! if you don't believe the book or in Jesus don't judge me
Jesus tells you that others will judge...

Matthew 5:16
In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

Your candle has burned out clownie...I see no light.

Again...

John 15:8 This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.

All I see when I look at you are...fruit flies.

And then there is...

1 Peter 2:12 Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us

I see no good deeds...only one-liner insults and lies about people that you do not know.

All of the above verses tell you that you will be judged by those that are not of your faith. They also tell you what you should be trying to display to those outside your faith.

You said in a post a few days ago that you will do on topix as you please...I suppose that you mean even if it goes against that which you claim to believe.

So...do you really believe in that Bible...in God...in Jesus...or just the parts that fit what you want to do?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#435616 Jan 15, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>The Clown believes the whole bible...
Have a nice day you non-intellectual bimbo ... ya hear!?
The first step to a holy life is to accept Jesus Christ as your savior!!! if you don't believe the book or in Jesus don't judge me
Really, the whole thing? Literally, figuratively, sophically, or allegorically? Would that be both the Old and New Testaments and all the books rejected by certain Booblical councils? Would that be all that has been changed and added throughout the last 2,000 years? Do you have a specific version you can point to? That's important.

Let's examine something from the KJV of the New Testiclement and perhaps you can explain it to my satisfaction as to how you can consider it as something you believe.

1 Timothy 6:1-2:

1 Let as many servants as are under the yoke count their own masters worthy of all honour, that the name of God and his doctrine be not blasphemed.

2 And they that have believing masters, let them not despise them, because they are brethren; but rather do them service, because they are faithful and beloved, partakers of the benefit. These things teach and exhort.

Now, I realize this mode of English may be ungainly for those of us raised on "Run, Spot, Run", but somehow, miraculously, there are thousands of translations and transmogrifications of these strange words to go by. Let's try the NLT:

Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them.

Now, before you try to claim presentism as some sort of effective dodge, your claim was that you believed the entire Booble. So, if I were to take you as a slave, you would be required to obey me, no matter my ideology, your protestation, or the prevailing laws. If one of your fellow church-goers decided to take you as a slave, you would have to obey them even more reverently and fervently, as they are, like you, true believers and even more deserving of your servitude. All this is despite the secular-defined illegality and immorality of slavery. Yet, here it is, not only sanctioned but considered rule of law by the Booble.

If you had a daughter and she were forced into slavery by one of your fellow church-goers, as a Booble-believing Christer, you would be violating the word of your Lord and Master by intervening on her behalf. Your fellow church goer could point to 1 Timothy, and as a Booble-believing Christer, could trumpet his cause and deflate your protestations with a simple sweep of the Scripture.

Would that you are never put in that position, El Payaso Grande. It would be untenable.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#435617 Jan 15, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>This is a ignorant post by a ignorant poster!!!!!!!!!! who is very evil.. works for satan
PITIFUL
Clownie exposing the vile evil demons of topix
I have always enjoyed AnnieJ’s post’s and can not even fathom how you find her to be evil. Just because someone does not have the same view as you, does not mean that they work for satan. I worry about you T-Town.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#435618 Jan 15, 2013
Bigger Baby Jeebus wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmmm, the Booble is Kryptonite to Kristers. How's it hangin', Ms. Annie?
Hey there!

I don't think we have to worry too much about most of these Christians and their Bible...most of them haven't even taken the plastic wrapping off of it. If they have...they are trying to open it from the wrong side(upside down and backwords). Then again...they think they are only to read the page marked by that little ribbon bookmark.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#435619 Jan 15, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
BBJ, good to read you!! I was just thinking about you yesterday when asked a question about Hitler, and what my stance would have been during his rule.
How are you?

I can show you a website that illustrates quite well what the majority of Christians thought of the zeitgeist. Of course, it is easy to use a magnifying glass and judge their behavior without in any way looking at the context.

http://www.nobeliefs.com/Hitler1.htm

Quotes from Mein Kampf

http://www.nobeliefs.com/hitler.htm

From speeches:

http://www.nobeliefs.com/speeches.htm

Photo documentation of Christian collusion

http://www.nobeliefs.com/nazis.htm

How Hitler considered the Bible

http://www.nobeliefs.com/nazis.htm

Lies about Hitler and gun control

http://www.salon.com/2013/01/11/stop_talking_...

Did you know that in Colonial America, Catholics were unable to own guns?

Did you know that the NRA supported gun bans throughout their history?

http://www.keepandbeararms.com/information/xc...

The foundation of European anti-Semetism extends to Martin Luther, the Father of American Christianity:

http://www.nobeliefs.com/luther.htm

The old coot Drifter used to say (Where is that artless dodger?), "It is hard to brush the dust off history". He actually got it wrong. Brushing the dust from history exposes just how terribly history is manipulated by those who stand to gain politically and financially. Can we blame to common Christian in Germany for the ills of the nation? Of course not. The Treaty of Versailles made it impossible for the average German to feed their families. The conditions were ripe for a Cult of Personality dictator who could easily manipulate the masses with Booblical Principles and the collusion of the churches. Hitler put people to work and "put food on their families" (Thanks, Dubya!). This is the danger of religion, any religion. When the name of a god is invoked, and the people can be manipulated to do whatever works of that god the powers that be decide will be, the masses are opiated, sated, and stirred up into whatever froth is wanted. After all, how can you argue with a god?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min Bobby B 31,045
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min DEMOCRAT CRYBABIES 987,337
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min kent 687,271
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 18 min Edthirty 286,556
wierd situation with my mom. (Jul '14) 30 min DEMOCRAT CRYBABIES 8
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 33 min DEMOCRAT CRYBABIES 178
Whose fault was it that O.J. Simpson beat murde... (Mar '16) 34 min DEMOCRAT CRYBABIES 40
More from around the web