|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry. I've read the book too.
You end up in the Lake of Fire.
You didn't actually read it, did you?
get in a nice sunday school.. you don't understand the book.. in fact you're dumb

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
I like the nachoís myself ;O) Soooo, I have been a thinking here. I have come to the conclusion that I need to learn a bit more about Judaism and its history, to understand a bit more about my own. Can you recommend a starting point when it comes to literature for me?
Nachos are okay, I think, as long as you don't get them with beef and cheese.

The top of my list is always Richard Elliott Friedman's "Who Wrote the Bible?".

How about a website?
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/ancient/bibles-b...

Scroll down to read some great articles by reputable scholars.

Since: Feb 12

Pamplico, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

People who read the Bible and not have the Spirit of God in them, they will not understand it implications and how to apply it to daily life. Of course people looking for contradictions in it will say they found it because the spirit in which you search it with is the same spirit that is contradictory to God. Understand that there is a God. And His name is Jesus Christ. This also mean that just as sure Jesus lives, Satan lives also. He wants to decieve you into believing you are too grown to believe childish things. But the world of God is unless you become like a child, you will never see the Kingdom of God. Do not let the enemy influence you anymore. His is the father of lies and is very good at it. He has thousands of years of practice. This is why we are to flee from Him. Please heed the warning. The day you hear his voice, hardening not your heart. Love you all
and God Bless

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
For many years now, I have written about a little rock that a small girl once gave to me. It sat on a bookshelf about 6 feet from my dining table. It was a tiny thing, smaller than your thumb. I pointed out the verse that says one need only ask and entire MOUNTAINS would be moved. Not one person was ever able to pray that rock from the shelf to the table. Now, I have moved and that rock is lost in some box or another, no idea where it is.
Still, I don't see how that would make any difference. If Jesus were not a false god, then any xian with faith as small as a mustard seed could pray that rock from where ever it is to my seat at the dining table.
Mmmm, the story of the mustard seed. I love it. I do not think that it is the literal lifting of an object, big or small to the place that you (or a guest in your home) personally wish it to rest. I believe that it is talking about the personal strength it takes to face a mountain (obstacle) in your life.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>do you believe the book?
Of course not. I've read the book.

You prove daily that you don't believe it either.

For that, we thank you.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>get in a nice sunday school.. you don't understand the book.. in fact you're dumb
Sunday School may be the worst place to learn about the Bible, unless you're in James McGrath's class.

I understand the book just fine.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Man of God 4eva wrote:
People who read the Bible and not have the Spirit of God in them, they will not understand it implications ...
One of the many false premises of Christianity.

Ann Arbor, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Proxysan wrote:
<quoted text>
Google it, stupid.
No thank youÖI donít tend to do honest research online. Regardless of what the Allstate commercial saysÖ <<whispers>> some donít actually research what they post online. Shocking I know. I like my local library better.

“Which "god"?”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Bushfires are a sad part of summer in this country.:-(
Were u in Sydney @ the time it was ringed on 3 sides by bushfires? The smoke was so thick that planes couldn't takeoff or land.
Are you talking about the 2003 Bush fires? I saw it on ABC and heard of them from my brother, he was volunteering at the time, I think they happened about 8 mths after I moved to Brissy...
Yeah, a couple of months ago my boys' school had to be evacuated, very close call but thankfully it didn't burn down...friggin' nightmare is what it is. My siblings are in the Blue Mountains and I have mates in Adelaide...
:')

Ann Arbor, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Nachos are okay, I think, as long as you don't get them with beef and cheese.
The top of my list is always Richard Elliott Friedman's "Who Wrote the Bible?".
How about a website?
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/ancient/bibles-b...
Scroll down to read some great articles by reputable scholars.
Deal breaker, sorryÖI have to have extra cheese on my nachosÖ I guess we are mortal enemies!!!

Kay, Iím over itÖ..Thank you for the link and T-shirt my friend , I will be on the topix tilt a wheel if anyone asks ;O) Didnít DoC say he had drinks?

“Which "god"?”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Bukki Marshall wrote:
<quoted text>
My heart goes out to you dear friend.Was you baptised properly or sprinkled with water?
Revelation 3 Verse 15&16:-
15. I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! 16. So because you are luke warm - neither hot nor cold - I am about to spit you out of my mouth.
Please read this extract from the scriptures dearest and do reconsider because you are doing what the enemy wants you to do. I pray God softens your heart so you can turn around and come back.
Dear brother/sister in Christ, if you are genuine, run! Go to another thread and never come back! I say this with pure love...unless you're very strong, then you'll be ok :)'God is Love'
If you're a troll, well... good luck, you're going to need it :p
(no offence meant with the troll comment, one cannot tell here sometimes :)

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Sunday School may be the worst place to learn about the Bible, unless you're in James McGrath's class.
I understand the book just fine.
no really you don't

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the many false premises of Christianity.
another lie by an atheist nut-job

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not. I've read the book.
You prove daily that you don't believe it either.
For that, we thank you.
another lie

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Johnk32 wrote:
Believing second hand accounts and statements made (by people who we would probably now consider with our current average level of intellect to be retarded) is a strange way to order someones life really...
I think the least convincing pillar of the religious proponents argument is the 'glorious plan' idea (that god has a plan for everyone and everything which is perfect and divine) I mean are we to believe that god creates the circumstances that a large section of the world are born into (think the poorer areas of Africa) these people live horrible lives, their problems are not trivial issues such as a scratched Iphone, they are the imminent fear of sudden and often gruesome changes in their situation, these people are some how part of a glorious plan??
What about the BILLIONS of people who lived before Christianity was even an idea yet? I remind you that as they did not accept Jesus, they all went to hell. all of them. How does one explain themselves for believing this is OK?
get in a bible believing church John

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
Deal breaker, sorryÖI have to have extra cheese on my nachosÖ I guess we are mortal enemies!!!
Kay, Iím over itÖ..Thank you for the link and T-shirt my friend , I will be on the topix tilt a wheel if anyone asks ;O) Didnít DoC say he had drinks?
Those aren't my rules. You can have nachos with beef and cheese whenever you like as far as I'm concerned.

I was making a reference to the Christian misunderstanding of lukewarm to the Revelator.

One claiming to be YHWH's chosen while ignoring YHWH's eternal laws; lukewarm. We call them Pauline Christians, the Revelator called them the Synagogue of Satan.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>no really you don't
Tell yourself whatever you think you need to hear, Clownie.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed.
Buddha
YO nymph, you better get on the stick! Ambassador Clownie notice a liar on here with 98,400 posts... You should be able to catch him by Sunday night!

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell yourself whatever you think you need to hear, Clownie.
keep telling yourself lies X you're very good @ it!! Coach Clownie thinks you even believe your own lies... now get back to selling them HOT GRITS ya hear..

Ann Arbor, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Those aren't my rules. You can have nachos with beef and cheese whenever you like as far as I'm concerned.
I was making a reference to the Christian misunderstanding of lukewarm to the Revelator.
One claiming to be YHWH's chosen while ignoring YHWH's eternal laws; lukewarm. We call them Pauline Christians, the Revelator called them the Synagogue of Satan.
Yep, going to have to think on this one.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 411,181 - 411,200 of440,798
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

665 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min RoSesz 511,814
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min IPSEC 216,457
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 5 min -USA-1 37,839
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min RADEKT 250,303
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Double Fine 679,542
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 15 min GO Le Gay SlumDOG GO 109,491
the gay propaganda 18 min Adam 2
teen snapchat nudes 1 hr Natej696 107
•••
•••
•••