There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> I'd suggest you go with the Jewish metaphor.
First, the Jews do not interpret the story of the flood the way Christians do. The Jews see it as a story relating to the continuing redemption of the Israelites, and not much more.
It is also synonymous with the first creations story, taking the earth back to a place where there was only water and no dry land, where no plants or animals existed. It is a new Genesis or beginning.
As far as the metaphor of what the number of animals taken onto the ark mean, I haven't studied that portion. But I'll be glad for you to share it with me.
I'll take Jewish metaphor (or any metaphor) over literal translation any day.
Agreed

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>It might be relevant if the story didn't give details of a rain that lasted for 40 days and 40 nights because there were two great floods in the middle east. One was about 12,000 BCE and one between 5,000-6,000 BCE.
But when a story gives details on how the flood happened, how a person had to build an ark to save a pair of each type of animal (or in the other story 3 pairs plus an odd one) in order to repopulate the earth, then scientific facts can't play a role. You either have to go with scientific evidence of large local floods or you have to go with myth.
Seeing as the 3000 year old Genesis flood story is a retelling of the 6000 year old Sumerian flood story, it places it within human memory of the massive flood that (accordomg to modern science)created the Black Sea about 5600 BC.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Go read up on Mahikari. You are full of it, using my mother's death, which you know nothing about, to be incendiary is a new low, even for you. How on earth you think you would have a clue about my mother's beliefs is beyond me. There, now you can parrot some predictable line and tell yourself I care what you pretend to think.
I am not using your mother's death for anything except to say that some people follow their religious beliefs more closely than others. It doesn't matter what the religion is.

I don't 'pretend to think'. I think. I give you an opinion based on thinking.

I am truly sorry if you think I used your mother's death as a method of being incendiary.

I didn't make any remark about your mother's beliefs except to say that she may have been following her beliefs more closely than do some others. That should not be offensive, as it was not meant to be in any way. In fact, it was more a compliment than anything else.

I don't care what you or anyone else believes. But if you say you believe in a certain religion/religious figure's teachings, then I have the right as a human being to decide for myself if you are following those teachings or not. I didn't make any direct remark to you about your religion in a derogatory way.

If I hurt you it was not my intention. The loss of a parent is a very hard thing with which to deal and heartbreaking. If I hurt you with anything I said, I am truly sorry.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I will let him have the trophy I suppose...I'll just take the cash money. There is cash isn't there???
Probably not...you spent it all on picnic supplies!
You're correct. I did spend it all on picnic supplies and having a rotor blade repaired. The basket was leaning to one side as one of the blades was not operating.

As for the picnic supplies, you can look over them and if I missed your fave picnic treat, I'll supply it.

Thanks to the redemption of all those 'you're going to hell' remarks and the redemption from Topix for all the nuts and spam (not to mention the double points for the racy icons improperly used!), I have enough money for the picnic journey in May. Pack your swim suit!

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I will let him have the trophy I suppose...I'll just take the cash money. There is cash isn't there???
Probably not...you spent it all on picnic supplies!
By the way, it wasn't a trophy, it was a ribbon. I can still cut it in two and send half to each of you.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

love_spell wrote:
<quoted text>
another liar for christian god........
is it too much to ask for just one honest fundie and/or their sock/s on topix.
just one!
boy atheists are really getting your panties in a wad. to tell this big a whopper. i sure hope when you paid your STAY OUT OF HELL insurance premium this morning, you added extra for this lie.
Yes, it is too much to ask for a fundie to tell the truth.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

BOOK OF LIES wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken like a true Christian huh? ROTFLMAO
I'm still waiting to find out which brand of cookies he/she is backing. I want to know which ones to avoid.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> You're correct. I did spend it all on picnic supplies and having a rotor blade repaired. The basket was leaning to one side as one of the blades was not operating.
As for the picnic supplies, you can look over them and if I missed your fave picnic treat, I'll supply it.
Thanks to the redemption of all those 'you're going to hell' remarks and the redemption from Topix for all the nuts and spam (not to mention the double points for the racy icons improperly used!), I have enough money for the picnic journey in May. Pack your swim suit!
don't forget those big jugs of lemonade. and the jugs of water we sometimes get!

pssst the lemonade is MIKE'S!!!!!!!!!!

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Seeing as the 3000 year old Genesis flood story is a retelling of the 6000 year old Sumerian flood story, it places it within human memory of the massive flood that (accordomg to modern science)created the Black Sea about 5600 BC.
That's the one I was thinking about but couldn't remember the exact date. Thanks!

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

love_spell wrote:
<quoted text>
don't forget those big jugs of lemonade. and the jugs of water we sometimes get!
pssst the lemonade is MIKE'S!!!!!!!!!!
I supply lemonade, iced tea, soft drinks, hot cocoa and coffee. Anything else is packed by each picnic-er to his or her own taste. I really can't afford to pack what everybody wants because there just aren't enough basket funds to do so. You don't have to brown-bag it though unless you're in the Bible belt. Remember that state trooper who wanted to confiscate all the alcohol? We are not supplying him and his buddies! So hide it when we're traveling through those areas that have declared their counties to be dry under the guidance of their God.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

love_spell wrote:
<quoted text>
John Isaac Hawkins
Thanks, hon.

Oh. And thanks, John.

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>its your bible also
No. It's not, thief.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

i found this on facebook! be prepared to laugh your ass off!

(i hope the link works)

https://www.facebook.com/ #!/photo.php?fbid=289390797746 282&set=a.287081321310563. 75042.145778818774148&type =1&theater

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

love_spell wrote:
i found this on facebook! be prepared to laugh your ass off!
(i hope the link works)
https://www.facebook.com/ #!/photo.php?fbid=289390797746 282&set=a.287081321310563. 75042.145778818774148&type =1&theater
Dint work.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

ok the second works.
would love to hear the feedback on this.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, it is too much to ask for a fundie to tell the truth.
i keep hoping

“Hello Darlings!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Proxysan wrote:
<quoted text>
Let Steph sit on your face. Smother yourself.
I couldn't understand you with your mouth all full of your dad's semen. Try again.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>its the word of God.. the truth
It's a book of lies. Deal with it.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Proxysan wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you throw out a shit load of googled up pseudo trash, geezer granny.
Have you gassed any Jews lately, jesus boy?

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

BOOK OF LIES wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing. It is written by man.
Your_Game_Sucks wrote:
<quoted text>
Showing your stupidity once again dipshyte; why don't you get back to backing cookies or tending to your bunions you disgusting bag o bones.
Spoken like a typically semi-literate christian fundie.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 411,161 - 411,180 of440,796
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

399 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 min Clearwater 171,445
Ask Me A Trivia Question -- 2 -- (Mar '10) 6 min Joe Fryday 191,416
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Michael 529,975
Why was the cities of sodom and gomorrah burnt ... 16 min Basten 9
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 19 min It aint necessarily so 716,462
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 23 min petesake 114,619
Smugglers welcome tighter borders (Apr '06) 28 min POS 14
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 59 min Buck Crick 223,180
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 3 hr Gabric 62
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr onemale 255,692
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••