|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
Mmmm, the story of the mustard seed. I love it. I do not think that it is the literal lifting of an object, big or small to the place that you (or a guest in your home) personally wish it to rest. I believe that it is talking about the personal strength it takes to face a mountain (obstacle) in your life.
^5

that is what i was taught!

where there is a will, there is a way!

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi NS4M...so far the only one saying the shooter was an Atheist was the greyboxer tlc...he provided no proof of his accusation.
All the info that I've seen so far only indicates he was being bullied. I don't agree with his reaction but I wasn't there, didn't live his experience, and have no idea if he ever complained or sought help.
3 yrs ago we had to threaten my son's school with a lawsuit. he was bullied. he was of short stature at the time. which made him popular among the female students. and that pissed off alot of the male students. one in particular made it a daily event to taunt him. often in front of teachers who ignored the kid.

i went to the school a number of times and got nowhere.

we started my son in counseling and then had a lawyer file a lawsuit against the school and the boy's parents.

low and behold, they took the situation seriously!

there are alot of parents out there that cannot afford to hire a lawyer as we were able to do.

thankfully my son got lots of great tools to help him deal with the situation. and even tho he has had a few growth spurts and is now taller than i am! he is still very popular with the female students!
Rosa Winkel

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>No, I was not tending towards eugenics with that link.
Just recent history.
It's the kids I feel sorry for, of course. The thought of that little boy trying to fight for his life.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
That's messed up. Seriously. I don't remember if there were details in the post I responded to, is there a name or something so I can google the story?Reminds me of my mother's cult. She wouldn't take meds or chemo. Died fast. I don't agree with that. I don't like most Christians on this forum, I find it hard to believe most of them are not trolls. I hope they're not all like that in the States. I feel bad right now for judging them. Why do I only melt down on this thread ? Sorry, after spending a few hours today on the Christian forum, reading that just got to me. Swear words!
<3
you can google ANDREA YATES.

sadly tho, she isn't the only parent that kills children in the name of god.

had a case here a few years ago. a lady killed her 15 month old toddler. fed him a mixture of olive oil and something else to exercise his demons. said god told her to do it.

basically she drowned him with the mixture she force fed him. and then she hid for almost 2 years with the baby's older sister. my heart weeps for these children. how can a 15 month old be possessed by demons?*shakes head* and if her god told her to do it, why hide after????

she tried to plead insanity.

which raises the question..........are people who follow christerdom crazy, or does christerdom make them crazy!

it happens far too often.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>They're virgins for a reason. Be careful what you wish for :p
http://www.nothingbutcostumes.com/images/zag/...
omfsm!!!!!!!!!!

that made me laugh so hard i cried! thanks!

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>satan is yo daddy
Whatever you say, Mom.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Whom do I thank for my trifocals?
John Isaac Hawkins

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> I'd suggest you go with the Jewish metaphor.
First, the Jews do not interpret the story of the flood the way Christians do. The Jews see it as a story relating to the continuing redemption of the Israelites, and not much more.
It is also synonymous with the first creations story, taking the earth back to a place where there was only water and no dry land, where no plants or animals existed. It is a new Genesis or beginning.
As far as the metaphor of what the number of animals taken onto the ark mean, I haven't studied that portion. But I'll be glad for you to share it with me.
I'll take Jewish metaphor (or any metaphor) over literal translation any day.
Agreed

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>It might be relevant if the story didn't give details of a rain that lasted for 40 days and 40 nights because there were two great floods in the middle east. One was about 12,000 BCE and one between 5,000-6,000 BCE.
But when a story gives details on how the flood happened, how a person had to build an ark to save a pair of each type of animal (or in the other story 3 pairs plus an odd one) in order to repopulate the earth, then scientific facts can't play a role. You either have to go with scientific evidence of large local floods or you have to go with myth.
Seeing as the 3000 year old Genesis flood story is a retelling of the 6000 year old Sumerian flood story, it places it within human memory of the massive flood that (accordomg to modern science)created the Black Sea about 5600 BC.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Go read up on Mahikari. You are full of it, using my mother's death, which you know nothing about, to be incendiary is a new low, even for you. How on earth you think you would have a clue about my mother's beliefs is beyond me. There, now you can parrot some predictable line and tell yourself I care what you pretend to think.
I am not using your mother's death for anything except to say that some people follow their religious beliefs more closely than others. It doesn't matter what the religion is.

I don't 'pretend to think'. I think. I give you an opinion based on thinking.

I am truly sorry if you think I used your mother's death as a method of being incendiary.

I didn't make any remark about your mother's beliefs except to say that she may have been following her beliefs more closely than do some others. That should not be offensive, as it was not meant to be in any way. In fact, it was more a compliment than anything else.

I don't care what you or anyone else believes. But if you say you believe in a certain religion/religious figure's teachings, then I have the right as a human being to decide for myself if you are following those teachings or not. I didn't make any direct remark to you about your religion in a derogatory way.

If I hurt you it was not my intention. The loss of a parent is a very hard thing with which to deal and heartbreaking. If I hurt you with anything I said, I am truly sorry.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I will let him have the trophy I suppose...I'll just take the cash money. There is cash isn't there???
Probably not...you spent it all on picnic supplies!
You're correct. I did spend it all on picnic supplies and having a rotor blade repaired. The basket was leaning to one side as one of the blades was not operating.

As for the picnic supplies, you can look over them and if I missed your fave picnic treat, I'll supply it.

Thanks to the redemption of all those 'you're going to hell' remarks and the redemption from Topix for all the nuts and spam (not to mention the double points for the racy icons improperly used!), I have enough money for the picnic journey in May. Pack your swim suit!

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I will let him have the trophy I suppose...I'll just take the cash money. There is cash isn't there???
Probably not...you spent it all on picnic supplies!
By the way, it wasn't a trophy, it was a ribbon. I can still cut it in two and send half to each of you.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

love_spell wrote:
<quoted text>
another liar for christian god........
is it too much to ask for just one honest fundie and/or their sock/s on topix.
just one!
boy atheists are really getting your panties in a wad. to tell this big a whopper. i sure hope when you paid your STAY OUT OF HELL insurance premium this morning, you added extra for this lie.
Yes, it is too much to ask for a fundie to tell the truth.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

BOOK OF LIES wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken like a true Christian huh? ROTFLMAO
I'm still waiting to find out which brand of cookies he/she is backing. I want to know which ones to avoid.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> You're correct. I did spend it all on picnic supplies and having a rotor blade repaired. The basket was leaning to one side as one of the blades was not operating.
As for the picnic supplies, you can look over them and if I missed your fave picnic treat, I'll supply it.
Thanks to the redemption of all those 'you're going to hell' remarks and the redemption from Topix for all the nuts and spam (not to mention the double points for the racy icons improperly used!), I have enough money for the picnic journey in May. Pack your swim suit!
don't forget those big jugs of lemonade. and the jugs of water we sometimes get!

pssst the lemonade is MIKE'S!!!!!!!!!!

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Seeing as the 3000 year old Genesis flood story is a retelling of the 6000 year old Sumerian flood story, it places it within human memory of the massive flood that (accordomg to modern science)created the Black Sea about 5600 BC.
That's the one I was thinking about but couldn't remember the exact date. Thanks!

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

love_spell wrote:
<quoted text>
don't forget those big jugs of lemonade. and the jugs of water we sometimes get!
pssst the lemonade is MIKE'S!!!!!!!!!!
I supply lemonade, iced tea, soft drinks, hot cocoa and coffee. Anything else is packed by each picnic-er to his or her own taste. I really can't afford to pack what everybody wants because there just aren't enough basket funds to do so. You don't have to brown-bag it though unless you're in the Bible belt. Remember that state trooper who wanted to confiscate all the alcohol? We are not supplying him and his buddies! So hide it when we're traveling through those areas that have declared their counties to be dry under the guidance of their God.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

love_spell wrote:
<quoted text>
John Isaac Hawkins
Thanks, hon.

Oh. And thanks, John.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>its your bible also
No. It's not, thief.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

i found this on facebook! be prepared to laugh your ass off!

(i hope the link works)

https://www.facebook.com/ #!/photo.php?fbid=289390797746 282&set=a.287081321310563. 75042.145778818774148&type =1&theater

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 10 min khalid 667
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min It aint necessari... 730,265
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 12 min andet1987 5,341
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 21 min truth 537,126
Best Hotel for Exhibitonist/voyeur 25 min andet1987 2
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 44 min UidiotRaceMAkeWor... 172,954
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 46 min andet1987 4,255
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 52 min AussieBobby 259,310
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 6 hr Tim Osman 117,803

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••