Why I’m no longer a Christian

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#434684 Jan 10, 2013
For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.(Romans 5:6-10)

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.(Romans 6:23)

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.(Ephesians 2:8-9)

you must have faith

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#434685 Jan 10, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Diphenhydramine is *ssssoooo* sexyyyy...

Acetaminophen is *ever* so sexyyy...

Mmmm, dextromethorphan is *ssssoooo* ssssexyyyy....

Doxylamine succinate...so (*gasp!*) very, very sexy.... oooohhhh, and *cherry flavoring...* is **SO** sexy....

Vino rosso and a couple of hits off the ol' waterpipe...*sooooo* sexy.....

I guess staying home was a pretty good idea after all.... friggin' cold.....
Get well soon <3

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#434686 Jan 10, 2013
TLC wrote:
<quoted text>
I do. And my lawyer is reading yours.
Where have we heard this before?

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#434687 Jan 10, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>it IS about what you believe, cuz other than what the bible teaches about creation, there are only scientific theories/speculations (aka beliefs). therefore, you are either believing the bible or pseudo-science.

you better prove to me that you have a nice ass somehow or else arguing with you like this is gonna get old fast;)
Misogynitwit.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#434688 Jan 10, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>i realize you can't fully understand what i have in the Bible cuz it's not written for antagonists.

so....what do you have?
You clearly don't understand the Bible.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#434689 Jan 10, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>gimme a break! i'm not the least bit romanticaly interested in you or anyone else in the goofy cyber world so don't flatter yourself. i have a sense of humor and i refuse to be bullied out of it by you haters who think you can say anything you want but keep christians confined to a tiny box. it ain't gonna happen w/me, i will call your hypocricy on the carpet every time!!!
Yet, you still sexually harass women o_O odd.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#434690 Jan 10, 2013
•So you will be saved, if you honestly say, Jesus is Lord, and if you believe with all your heart that God raised Him from death. God will accept you and save you, if you truly believe this (Romans 10:9-10).

How to give your life to Christ:

1. Admit you are a sinner and need forgiveness.

2. Believe that Jesus Christ died for you on the Cross and rose from the grave.

3. Through prayer, confess that Jesus Christ is the only way to God and commit to live for Him for the rest of your life

I DID AND DON"T REGRET IT

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#434691 Jan 10, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
If you keep saying he does not exist, then why do you waste your time with this? No job? No life? No hope? No brain? Which is it, you fool?
More projection.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#434692 Jan 10, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>what do you believe, DOG?
What's that PM? You're a dog? Don't insult dogs.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#434693 Jan 10, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Gazing into a crystal ball again? Sorry, that doesn't work.
Dang. You shoulda told me earlier.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#434694 Jan 10, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>whatchu got?

funny how i'm not getting anything tangeble from anyone here, people!!!;)
So you say. Yet, still no answers from you. Kitty's got claws to scratch your eyes out.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#434695 Jan 10, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>Silly child, the Bible claims that the God of the Bible is the only Deity, therefore there can be no "Satan". After all, the Bible points out that ALL evil comes from God, anyway...

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Amos 3:6 ... Shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?

Lamentations 3:38 Out of the mouth of the most High proceedeth not evil and good?

The myth of Satan was invented after the children of Israel spent time in the Babylonian captivity and were exposed to dualistic beliefs concerning a good God and an evil God.
Well said.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#434696 Jan 10, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus does not show up anywhere in the Bible. He is a character in the New Testament only.
Yes, agreed. However, my understanding was that when the Word of God is mentioned in the OT, it sometimes refers to the Word as being Jesus, but I could be wrong and often am :)

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#434697 Jan 10, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>It sounds like someone's been watching the Matrix series.
Lol. I thought that, well said :)

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#434698 Jan 10, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. The truth doesn't bother me at all. Jesus never claimed to be God.
You hate that no one is buying your lies about God and Jesus.
But Jesus didn't just talk about being the Messiah, He demonstrated the power of God -- His power -- through many "signs and wonders." He revealed His authority over creation by turning water into wine, and by commanding storms to cease -- and cease they did. He revealed His compassion for people by healing multitudes, restoring sight to the blind, hearing to the deaf, and health to the sick. He raised people from the dead. Finally, after Jesus was crucified and buried, He physically arose from the dead and appeared afterward to more than 500 people. In every phase of His life -- from His conception to His resurrection -- Jesus fulfilled prophecies made hundreds of years beforehand, convincing those around Him who knew and believed the Scriptures that He was the Messiah.

I believe it

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#434699 Jan 10, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, man... I've been watching the show on DVD. You just spoiled the ending.
:(
Oh! I'm soooo sorry. I really hate when that happens. I did not think.
<3

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#434700 Jan 10, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>Hmm, there is some evidence that there MIGHT have been a person named Jesus (or at least the Aramaic name that would have been transcribed into Greek as "Jesus"). However, there is NO ->OBJECTIVE<- evidence that he was anything other than just another Jewish revivalist preacher.

Any claims that he was a god are PURELY subjective in nature.
Well... Yeah, if you're gunna bring logic into it...;p

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#434701 Jan 10, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Many religious scholars insist that Jesus drove a Honda, but he didn't like to talk about it.

As proof, they cite a verse in St. John's Gospel where jesus tells the crowd;

"For I did not speak of my own Accord..." - John 12:49
There were Hondas 2013 years ago? I knew I chose the right car!
It's not all bad news from you after all...
;p

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#434702 Jan 10, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>It isn't really a religion. But some atheists would say that so they have 1st Amendment rights.
Not 'would'. Some 'do'.
;)

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#434703 Jan 10, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, agreed. However, my understanding was that when the Word of God is mentioned in the OT, it sometimes refers to the Word as being Jesus, but I could be wrong and often am :)
I'm not sure it matters, actually, in the scheme of things.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min nanoanomaly 855,520
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min June VanDerMark 596,558
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 20 min Rider on the Storm 177,213
The Christian Atheist debate 23 min The_Box 1,040
Social Business Accelerator - Social Media Trai... 46 min ahmadwael 1
How To Make Money On Craigslist 49 min ahmadwael 1
kisebhi chooth ho may chatke choothki pani piuga 52 min prasadvs 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Happy Lesbo 612,643
More from around the web