Why I’m no longer a Christian

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#434170 Jan 9, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, Mylan showed me, it just gives me the giggles.
<3
I thought it was interesting. I'd like to ask that scientist a couple of questions, but I still didn't think it was something over which I would have had the giggles.

Of course, it has been the brunt of a lot of hate from Christians, because it means they didn't really make a choice about their decision to be theistic.

The thing is, most of them didn't make a choice anyway. They were brought up in Christian families/communities and therefore became Christians. Changing sects of a religion is not exploring different religions. It's finding something within the same religion you like better than you liked about the last sect.

So there are really very few decisions made based on actual study and participation in a religion before the decision is made.

Many claim to have done so, but in actuality they may have read a few lines written by someone outside of those religions and made a choice against it. I would say that's the case for about 80-90% of the people in this world.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#434171 Jan 9, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>There is a real lesson in this. Don't tell people how great they are until you know what they are really like on Topix. You can bet that waassuupp, viking and all their ilk are smiling in church every Sunday while thinking about someone's pubic hair, how they wish people were maimed and dead because they don't believe in the stuff spewed from their keyboard, and sometimes just because they are female.

You put yourself in a really precarious place by agreeing or disagreeing with *anyone* until you know what that person stands for. You also put yourself in a precarious position by agreeing with people just because they identify as Christians.

Give everyone a chance, and wait...
You're right.
<3

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#434172 Jan 9, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>There is a real lesson in this. Don't tell people how great they are until you know what they are really like on Topix. You can bet that waassuupp, viking and all their ilk are smiling in church every Sunday while thinking about someone's pubic hair, how they wish people were maimed and dead because they don't believe in the stuff spewed from their keyboard, and sometimes just because they are female.

You put yourself in a really precarious place by agreeing or disagreeing with *anyone* until you know what that person stands for. You also put yourself in a precarious position by agreeing with people just because they identify as Christians.

Give everyone a chance, and wait...
Nah, just kidding. I doubt it.
<3

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#434173 Jan 9, 2013
Huh wrote:
Why is wassssuuup like a broken public toilet?
He is out of order and full of shit.
Like.
<3

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#434174 Jan 9, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Yes. Someone said their hair was red and you went on and on about how you love red pubic hair. Then you continued to ask her for a date after she told you time and time again that she is happily married and did not appreciate your advances and asked you nicely to stop. But you didn't. You still haven't.

It's obvious that you wish to remove others rights to have an opinion and ask them to be quiet. That doesn't agree with the Constitutional rights of the person who you addressed or anyone else, for that matter.

You're still just a creepy little guy who doesn't care about being the worst representative of God you can possibly be.
That's good stuff Water.
<3

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#434175 Jan 9, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I tell you what you can & can't say? Or did I ask you a question? Are you actually a Christian? How did pubic hair 'just come up'?
He had a hairball?

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#434176 Jan 9, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>I've witnessed this Christian behavior. This thread has it documented.
It certainly does.
<3

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#434177 Jan 9, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Take some free advice: don't be offended by people you don't know, don't like, don't trust, and don't respect and people who are on an anonymous website. It's a waste of time.

But that advice is worth to you what you make of it and may be worth to you exactly what you paid for it.
It's good advice. Thank you <3

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#434178 Jan 9, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Absolutely zero non-Christians on this thread have ever harassed women here.

But, you did prove one thing that you sort of halfway denied earlier on this thread. When I said if you typed long enough I'd figure out who you were. You said something to the effect that all people with multiple personalities on Topix think everyone else has them and challenged me to prove that you were ever someone else. All I had to do was wait. You've claimed here to have been on topix for 6 years but the date showing for this personality is last year. Thanks.

I think a lot of people have other personalities that they use for different circumstances. I used one once but I couldn't do two personalities.

But the thing is, had you asked, I wouldn't have denied using another personality. In fact, I admitted to it at the time and laughed at myself for it. It was all a joke a group of us were playing with someone who was being about as nasty as viking or TLC or some of his/her other socks.

I don't see that there is ever a need to be dishonest about it. You could have just said 'so what?' and I'd have been fine with that.

It's all good though.
Whatever you say. We'll get into it a bit later. <3

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#434179 Jan 9, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
This will be the only post tonight for me. And it is, I think, especially relevant to a not too distant discussion on this thread.
Often when I point out pilfered words on Topix, I hear in reply that the material wasn't copyrighted. Antiquity knew nothing of copyright, but plagiarism was taken very seriously:
<quoted text>
Ehrman, Bart D.(2012-11-16). Forgery and Counterforgery: The Use of Literary Deceit in Early Christian Polemics (p. 53). Oxford University Press, USA. Kindle Edition.
But more importantly, since the authors of Luke and Matthew plagiarized from Mark and the author of 2 Peter ripped off a large chunk of Jude, doesn't that make those NT authors thieves?
Oh my.
Yes. Just like taking a Babylonian flood story and turning it into a Jewish flood story is theft.

Ain't that how religions work?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#434180 Jan 9, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
"Off" is my favorite TV station. My young'un doesn't like it very much, though...
LIAM! Hi there. Where have you been, young man?

Sure have missed you.

Just Results

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#434181 Jan 9, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Never mind the bullshit!
Where IS this god that soooo powerful that you continually threaten everyone with it?
If you are going to use it as a tool, then by golly let's see it!
Or STFU!
That's easy. He is in Heaven.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#434182 Jan 9, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
about 2 years ago i thought love spell made a reference to her swim suit area so i commented and haven't heard the end of it since, even tho i've profusely apologized for it a number of times.
this is how the antichrist population treats the christians here:(
You are given far more respect than you deserve.

Just Results

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#434183 Jan 9, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
I've witnessed this Christian behavior. This thread has it documented.
It just makes you tingle, doesn't it?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#434184 Jan 9, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah but who made the first pair of sunglasses? Who's behind those Foster Grants?
The first sunglasses were made by prehistoric Inuits using ivory with slits in them to reduce the glare of the sun. The Chinese used smoky quarts to do the same, but much later. Don't remember exactly when. But it does seem the Inuits have the corner on sunglasses.

Just Results

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#434185 Jan 9, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Never mentioned in the passage you just referenced.
A Christian who has never read the Bible.
It's not as unusual as one might think.
This is the dishonesty of your agenda showing again.

Just Results

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#434188 Jan 9, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Saved from damnation/hell thats what Jesus said! I believe it..
Good answer. It's the right answer. No lies required. Total honesty.

Just Results

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#434189 Jan 9, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Still more projection..
translation: I just don't really have anything to say that can refute a Christian. I know I should throw my hands up and give my life to Jesus cuz I know He does exist, but I just want to be evil, hateful , and full of disgust.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#434190 Jan 9, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
It just makes you tingle, doesn't it?
More than you can imagine.

One Christian can do more damage to Christianity than thread full of skeptics.

Thanks for doing your part.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#434191 Jan 9, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>He had a hairball?
It's possible.
<3

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min bad bob 69
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Stubborn Things 110,380
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 22 min New Age Spiritual... 675,728
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr New Age Spiritual... 982,092
10 yr old suspened from little leugue over comm... 1 hr scott12171969 2
____ POPE FRANCIS rebuked publicly ____ 2 hr YTube 1
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 hr USS LIBERTY 121,928
More from around the web