Why I’m no longer a Christian

Just Results

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#433708 Jan 8, 2013
TNA12 wrote:
I was raised in church as you described and I can completely understand how you feel. I consider myself still a christian but have not been to church in a long time. I quit going because I realized there are just as many hypocrites in church as there are outside of church. People go to church to praise god and portray a life of christianity while in god's house. But the moment they step to the parking lot they get in their clicks and talk about what Sue had on .....basically just plain gossip and try to judge everyone. So, to me that is false...I believe you can praise god in your own home and in your own way. God knows when your heart is true and we will all stand before him when it is our time.
Hebrews 10:25
"Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another--and all the more as you see the Day approaching."

The Day is approaching.

Just Results

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#433709 Jan 8, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>There is no such thing as a religion for someone who never existed.
Hmmm, just deny anything you don't like and it won't exist,huh? I wonder if that will work with the IRS.

Just Results

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#433710 Jan 8, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Still more projection. He didn't say he has a religious belief, you cannot understand that because your mind is too small to comprehend anything being different from you.
You sure are a very hateful person. I bet you keep a sledge hammer with you at all times, to bash those in the head that think different from you.
crzzzd

Ellwood City, PA

#433711 Jan 8, 2013
youtube.com/watch...
Win Some.Lose Some.

Just Results

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#433712 Jan 8, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is just a lack of belief in a god. It cannot be a religion because of this fact.
I'm really going to have to keep a library of your comments. Just two or three days ago, on a different thread, you said atheism is a religion. I even pointed it out with a reply. Let me see if I can find it.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#433713 Jan 8, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, just deny anything you don't like and it won't exist,
Who says you have to like it or don't like it? That doesn't matter. Religion is based on myth, that's a fact. Those myths were built on superstitious ritual. Do you seriously think that when God is angry you see it in lightning?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#433714 Jan 8, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure are a very hateful person. I bet you keep a sledge hammer with you at all times, to bash those in the head that think different from you.
It's hateful to tell you that you're wrong? You are a sad person.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#433715 Jan 8, 2013
love_spell wrote:
<quoted text>
atheism is a relationship with reality
I cannot argue that.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#433716 Jan 8, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm really going to have to keep a library of your comments. Just two or three days ago, on a different thread, you said atheism is a religion. I even pointed it out with a reply. Let me see if I can find it.
Point that out please, because either you are lying again, or you misread what was typed. So prove it was said, unless you want to give us more evidence that you are a liar.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#433717 Jan 8, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
yes - i believe that it's a gift given to those want it, who ask, knock & seek.
I can agree with that. I would like to ask you what your opinion is about folks that are honestly seeking, and have not received a personal answer as of yet. Are they a member of the “aka selfish denial so you can do whatever you please belief“ as you put it in the post I was replying to?
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
don't tell me that you're still in the business of defending blasphemeres and opposing faith seekers, no stress!
Never knew I was in the business of defending blasphemers. I simply state my opinion just as everyone else does on here. I oppose faith seekers? Please tell me how.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#433718 Jan 8, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Who says you have to like it or don't like it? That doesn't matter. Religion is based on myth, that's a fact. Those myths were built on superstitious ritual. Do you seriously think that when God is angry you see it in lightning?
He is more frightened of the lightening than an electrician on a telephone pole in the rain.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#433719 Jan 8, 2013
Psalm 14:1

Only fools think there is no God.
People like that are evil and do terrible things.
They never do what is right
I believe in God do you?

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#433720 Jan 8, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, just deny anything you don't like and it won't exist,huh?....
Seems you two have much in common.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#433721 Jan 8, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
I believe in God do you?
Pft, I'd rather be a fool who's correct than a wise person who's wrong.

Columbus, OH

#433722 Jan 8, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
I believe in God do you?
No, Numbnuts. You believe in the Christian myth, merely one of thousands of supposed gods.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#433723 Jan 8, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuckle......
If you think thats funny look down at whats in your hand... now thats a joke...

Columbus, OH

#433724 Jan 8, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure are a very hateful person....
I've never seen that in Kit.

Mayhaps you're projection.

Columbus, OH

#433725 Jan 8, 2013
you're projection = you're projecting

Got to fire my secretary.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#433726 Jan 8, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>If you think thats funny look down at whats in your hand... now thats a joke...
Okay, now I'm laughing too hard, my side hurts. That was actually brilliant.

Columbus, OH

#433727 Jan 8, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>There is no such thing as a religion for someone who never existed.
Let's puzzle through this.

You've said Jesus never existed. Now you say there "is no such thing as a religion for someone who never existed."

So help me out here: Did Jesus exist? Or is Christianity not a religion?

Next thing you know, you'll be claiming Christianity is not a religion but a relationship with god, just like the fundies.

Go figure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who's the best fighter: Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee,... (Jan '08) 43 min _KENTUCKY_ 585
Adult dating minors (Mar '09) 45 min 17_y-o_older_sister 27
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 46 min UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 119,087
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 679,024
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 2,572
Illegal to hoard or store extra food under USA ... (Jun '08) 2 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 28
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 982,141
More from around the web