Why I’m no longer a Christian

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#433538 Jan 7, 2013
TLC wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you won't call W.Nymph stupid even though she believes in God and Satan. This is called atheist hypocrisy and cherry picking.
As X said, it's fortunate that you came along.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#433539 Jan 7, 2013
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it's early yet, but so far it's been absolutely smashing. Really.
Thanks for asking.
You?
So far, so good; I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#433540 Jan 7, 2013
TLC wrote:
<quoted text>
In 4th grade, huh? Carry any guns, atheist?
No, wait, we don't exist, remember?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#433541 Jan 7, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? I did not know any of that. Thank you so much dear lady. Your wisdom is truly boundless, I thank God everyday for you.
Here I was, silly as I am, thinking that "The Age of whatever astrological sign or paganism" the world that I choose not to fall in line with, believes or holds popular; has nothing to do with my living in and for God and has no impact in my life at all.
You are truly special and I am amazed by you!
http://home.earthlink.net/~gnosisla/February5...
http://www.aquarian-age.net/Age-of-Aquarius.h...
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/age+of...
Here you go lovely one, Harmony? Not where I'm looking. Law? Nope. Pop culture? Most definitely.'Belief'? Yep.
They're not even by apologetics so enjoy your 'beliefs' and leave me to mine :D
Fair enough, some of you may know more about Christianity than me, even if you don't get it and/or have abandoned it, I've only taken an interest in the last 3 years.
But while you were busy being a Christian for 50 years, I was a pagan, through and through, raised by my pagan wicca hippy psychic wannabe whorr "I'll believe anything anyone tells me to believe", crazier than thou, mother. Until I became so disgusted that I became an Atheist. I did get to travel around the world, learn new languages and have a kick ass Education though, so you know, I learnt to take the good with the bad and my memory is ok, not senile yet.
Peace, love and Zoloft <3
I haven't mentioned how long I was a Christian since you've been here as juicylu. You always give yourself away when you come under a new name. It never fails.

I thank you for helping to kill of your vile religion with every name change and every post.

You're doing great.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#433542 Jan 7, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to butt in, I just have to say "But what if you're wrong? Like you always are!" and I had doubts when I came in this thread, I can be honest about that, you and yours and your buddies' hate however, have, in fact, eradicated all my doubts completely. So much so that I went to church and was joyful to be around such loving, kind and intelligent people. I can't thank you enough, God Bless all the haters on topix, especially you Water. If I learnt anything from Gollum, it's that God truly does have a purpose for everyone. Thank Jesus, Amen.
Now I can just come in here and give my toned abs a good workout ;p
Peace, love and Lithium <3
The delusion and paranoia of theism for all to see.
gaddya

United States

#433543 Jan 7, 2013
Take a survey for the
chance to Win lunch for a
year !!!
For US .
http://trk.ecxvci.com/aff_c/...

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#433544 Jan 7, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. I don't recall doing any of that. I am aware of those who do, as well as the bullying, which is so hateful it has caused teenage kids in Aus and the US, to commit suicide. I'm no kid, bully away, I'll leave when I'm ready and I'll say what I like. Yes I'd happily give my kids to God if He required it. I doubt you have any comprehension whatsoever of exactly what that means. You don't have to concern yourself with what I understand,*snort* away dearest.
<3
Paranoia and persecution complex abounds in your posts.

The Borderland of Sol

#433545 Jan 7, 2013
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it torches and pitchforks time?
Let's see.

500...600...700...yah, 800.

This'll do right here.

The Borderland of Sol

#433546 Jan 7, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I do mostly agree with you on just about everything and at the risk of being verbally stoned I must say that if WN is your gauge for 'a decent person' then matters on topix are far worse than I ever imagined.
<3
Perhaps you've not been paying close attention.

You need to reset all your bias filters to zero.

The Borderland of Sol

#433547 Jan 7, 2013
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
How many sects are we to, and counting?
Your all-knowing, all-powerful god can't even organize his own followers.
If that's not enough proof for you, what would be?
'Bout 40,000 now, I think.

Although I think that if one could include all the one- and two-family radically interpretive sects, that number would actually be much higher.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#433548 Jan 7, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop eating the squirrel turds.
LOL... is that anything like Grape-nuts?

Location hidden

#433549 Jan 8, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want you to leave, silly Christian. You're not paying attention. I want you to continue saying things like this in public:
"Yes I'd happily give my kids to God if He required it."
No worries sweet stuff :D
<3

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#433550 Jan 8, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
indeed, christianity is a failed moral system
okay.... so is the government.

Location hidden

#433551 Jan 8, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the post to which I replied.
This was what I quoted; "You have no right to tell Christians how to behave."
Another pride-filled Christian, caught lying.
Kabong!
Kabong indeed!
I stand corrected, I am very sorry for rebuking you about the wrong post.
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
... You have no right to tell a Christian how to behave.
X wrote:
<quoted unedited text>
I don't see many people telling Christians how to behave.

I see people exposing the hypocrisy of Christians and Christians responding by saying "you can't tell me what to do."

The more you Christians destroy your religion, the happier I will be. If you think non-Christians are going to give Christians a break because Christians think that they have been saved by grace,... well...

Welcome to the Age of Aquarius
I'll ask one more time, where in this shortened post of mine....ah, stuff it.....

Juicylu said:
<quoted text>
What's that you said? You don't understand analogies? Oh, ok, sorry I didn't use any. Oh my but you are fun! On a more serious note, some medications can be good for you and You have no right to tell a Christian how to behave. Just sayin'.
Peace, love and lots of Xyprexa <3

Ok, that's better. Again, where in this post do I say that 'I think non-Christians are going to give Christians a break because Christians think that they have been saved by grace,...'???
Furthermore, you stated; "I don't see many people telling Christians how to behave." <--> I call bull$hit! Not only Christians lie, surely you must know this.
In this instance, please show me how I have lied, or are you content with just randomly accusing any Christian a liar, even when you have lied?
Or was my lie to copy&paste the wrong post?
I'm not actually a terribly prideful person, I happily admit my mistakes and have no issues with apologising, but I do call a spoon a spoon.
As for hypocrisy, well, If I have been a hypocrite here in the past, which I don't recall atm, all I'll say is; when in Rome..........I've been extensively trained in adapting to different environments and am an experienced mimic :D
In this instance however, it seems that you are the hypocrite.
I did spell Zyprexa incorrectly and I did argue with you over the wrong post and for those things, I am sorry.
Peace, love and funny movies <3

Location hidden

#433552 Jan 8, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it isn't.
Ok, I'll check.
<3

Location hidden

#433553 Jan 8, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>I haven't mentioned how long I was a Christian since you've been here as juicylu. You always give yourself away when you come under a new name. It never fails.
I thank you for helping to kill of your vile religion with every name change and every post.
You're doing great.
Oh dear. Are you for real? If you are then I'm very concerned, you need to see a Doctor old girl. Seriously.
"What if you're wrong? Like you always are?".
Not only have you mentioned it, but you told me, in one of your many lectures to me, where you lie about me, hatefully call me names like a child (in another post you told me you are 66yrs old, if that's true, you're either completely mad or senile or mentally handicapped or goading me with some pot stirring, forget it I'm not going to show you the post, find it yourself) accuse me of imaginary doings,'strawman' me, tell me how to be a Christian and a good honest person etc....
Oh yeah, and lying, as usual.
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to admit I really don't understand most of your posts to me. You seem to assume a lot about me which I find strange as you don't know me at all. I don't hate anyone and try to be accepting and open to anyone. I may not like what certain denominations teach but I don't have anything against individual people who believe teachings that I don't agree with, because I know and have seen and experienced believing in lies that come to pain and destruction. I am wary of anything that is not Biblical but at the same time I do not claim to know better or to be better than anyone. In my life I try my best to follow God's and Jesus' teachings, however imperfect I may be.
*your post clipped for space*
[Quote who = "water_nymph"]
<quoted text>
Yet you stated early on that you 'hate Catholics'. So you were either dishonest then, or you are dishonest now. I think it's now.

You're correct. It's all a matter of perspective.

However, when one does tell a lie here, it is not usually just because they are a Christian, but a liar in general. Look at your Christian buddy just results and tell me you think he's disliked because he's a Christian, or disliked because he claims something higher than those who are not Christian and acts like a jackass.

None of you seem to get the fact that it is YOU who are being judged. And you're being judged by the very book in which you claim to believe, whether or not you attend a church or not.

You have a hard time understanding why someone who followed the gospel for 50 years and knows what the Bible says can tell a Christian they are not following those teachings? Why is that hard for you? I think it bothers you that many of us spent much more time in study and can judge you by the measuring stick YOU brought to the forum to judge others. You think it should go only one way...you getting to judge people by your book but not being judged by it. It doesn't work that way.

People walk away from Christianity all the time. You and others here are a prime example of part of the reason. We do not wish to be associated with you. Period. Only you can change that.

Blah, blah, blah, blah.........
Peace, love and a rubber dove <3

Location hidden

#433554 Jan 8, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>The delusion and paranoia of theism for all to see.
Whatever you need to tell yourself dear :D
*Nodding and smiling*
<3

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#433555 Jan 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Some of mine are Strega; I don't hate any of them.
<quoted text>
You should stop being such a hypocrite. You have your ancestors, and I'm not allowed to have mine--is that it?
]

You really have no sense of humor.

I was making fun of my own heritage. You really need to lighten up.

Location hidden

#433556 Jan 8, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Paranoia and persecution complex abounds in your posts.
Re.....stuff it, laughing too much...ttfn
<3

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#433557 Jan 8, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want you to leave, silly Christian. You're not paying attention. I want you to continue saying things like this in public:
"Yes I'd happily give my kids to God if He required it."
Not a farfetched stqatement.

How many millions of parents send their children happily to die "for their country" ?

Just as insane a statement IMHO.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min Bongo 53,150
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 4 min _FLATLINE-------- 2,482
steve toney 6 min angelbaby49 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min another viewer 992,360
Who are the most racist people towards inter-ra... 11 min Doctor REALITY 9
Is God a "Bully" sometimes? 29 min Doctor REALITY 29
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 29 min Robert F 693,485
More from around the web