“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#433315 Jan 7, 2013
TLC wrote:
<quoted text>
Why were the atheists at the time incapable of stopping that from happening? Was it because all of it was true and they couldn't debunk it?
I see your viking name got banned again.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#433316 Jan 7, 2013
TLC wrote:
<quoted text>
You weren't paying attention. He said he wasn't a Christian. Perhaps I had you distracted with my question about being a good person if I lived according to the Word that God has instilled in my heart.
Why do you have to ask someone outside your faith if following the Bible will make you a good person? Why are you depending on someone who is not a Christian to tell you how to be a good person?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#433317 Jan 7, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
When Ehrman wrote "Forged", he said in the book that he would follow up with a scholarly edition that would go into greater detail with citations.
It came out in November, although I haven't read the book.
Forgery and Counterforgery: The Use of Literary Deceit in Early Christian Polemics
http://www.bartdehrman.com/books/forgery_coun...
As I said before, Ehrman rarely introduces any new ideas. My response to the two works I briefly read were "Tell us something we don't already know." I doubt this will be any different.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#433318 Jan 7, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
News update:
From Black Hebrew on another thread
"Yeshuah bin Yusef is a real being, not a magical jew-zombie to whom we pray...and he's gonna return."
Am I good, or what?
Sounds like a blast from the past. One of the 'new' sects of Judaism that believes Jesus is the messiah. Oh, well.

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#433319 Jan 7, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you have to ask someone outside your faith if following the Bible will make you a good person? Why are you depending on someone who is not a Christian to tell you how to be a good person?
I completely agree with that sentiment. There's a first, I got so excited about agreeing with you that I just had to butt in, forgive me. Just one question though, isn't telling Christians how to be good (Christian) people what non Christians do here? I think I might've missed you wn :D
Peace, love and puppy kisses <3
TLC

Birmingham, AL

#433320 Jan 7, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to have the toughest time figuring out who is an atheist.
Did you bother to look in the mirror like I suggested the last time?
Atheists don't exist silly.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#433321 Jan 7, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you have to ask someone outside your faith if following the Bible will make you a good person? Why are you depending on someone who is not a Christian to tell you how to be a good person?
Excellent point.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#433322 Jan 7, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Where??? I want a pony!
<3
You have to pray for it. Christians told X more than 5 years ago that they would pray for a pony for him. He still hasn't gotten it but he continues to hold hope.

However, he said he just wanted it for a BBQ and WiP denied him a pony. I guess that so far, she is winning.
TLC

Birmingham, AL

#433323 Jan 7, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it seems to me a Christian's first mistake is being a Christian.
I imagine further mistakes from that point on are inevitable.
I love being a Christian. Seems like a wise decision ever since. You're just angry and jealous that you are too weak to be one. With God, I've been able to avoid the misery you are suffering with.
TLC

Birmingham, AL

#433324 Jan 7, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are extremely stupid.
None of the New Testament books are in the Hebrew Bible and much of what is in the Hebrew Bible isn't even in your Old Testament. In addition, your English Bible is a poor translation of the Hebrew and Greek originals.
Then why are you angry?
TLC

Birmingham, AL

#433325 Jan 7, 2013
p-o-p quiz wrote:
I'm back posting as TLC. Weeeeeeeeee!!!
I'm not pop quiz but you just proved how you pose as so many sock puppets, Xcntrik.
TLC

Birmingham, AL

#433326 Jan 7, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> I see your viking name got banned again.

I have no idea who Viking is. He must be good at digging that knife of truth into you though for you to be angry as you are.
TLC

Birmingham, AL

#433327 Jan 7, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent point.
Nahhh it wasn't. It was a question I provided which proves out that atheists have no clue what it takes to be a good person....they aren't good.
TLC

Birmingham, AL

#433328 Jan 7, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, G.
Sounds like you NEEDED another lie from another unbeliever, proving you adhere to a religion of nonsense that can't support itself.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#433329 Jan 7, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaks volumes about false Gospels, if they would include Paul's letters as Scriptural, while ignoring all the Gnostic Gospels. Seems the Canonizers had an agenda of their own.
You think?

But they slipped up and left some of Jesus' teachings in the NT so that we could see how blatantly Paul opposed them.
TLC

Birmingham, AL

#433330 Jan 7, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. I just ordered the electronic edition. I'll give it a look-see on the bus tomorrow.
In 4th grade, huh? Carry any guns, atheist?
TLC

Birmingham, AL

#433331 Jan 7, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Your scriptures only apply to believers, silly. And many
You apply to scriptures. I've read about your type all throughout the new testament. It explains why you end up going to Hell. You should read it sometime.

Every time I read those scriptures, I replace the words unbeliever, scoffer, the unrighteous, the unholy, evil doer, the wicked .....with your name. It hits home a little better.
TLC

Birmingham, AL

#433332 Jan 7, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>You think?
But they slipped up and left some of Jesus' teachings in the NT so that we could see how blatantly Paul opposed them.
You slipped up and got duped by Satan, despite knowing the truth. You are stupid.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#433333 Jan 7, 2013
TLC wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why are you angry?
Because I find idiots like you annoying.

You'er like yapping poodles. All you do is make noise and leave piles of shit on the carpet. It is only out of human compassion that you aren't kicked accross the room.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#433334 Jan 7, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
you are an excellent example of hypocrisy and delusions, an example of the damage of christian belief
Not all Christians are like that. Not all atheists are nice, either. But the Abrahamic religions do seem to attract the very worst humanity has to offer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min Oxbow 559,636
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Tide with Beach 775,625
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 24 min eyeful 605,046
What country has the best culture in your opinion? (Jul '08) 30 min Confused 251
Gay snapchat names 34 min Pittspens71 150
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 52 min Rick in Kansas 265,185
21 Dead Babies Found on Riverbank in China (Mar '10) 54 min McGold 661
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Chris Clearwater 175,684
More from around the web