“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#433296 Jan 6, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
This post probably needs a bit of clarification. I have never seen the term "pseudepigrapha" ever applied to the gospels. Perhaps it has been. But to me there is a distinction between an author who pretends to be someone else and a text that was not intending to deceive the reader about authorship but later was ascribed by others to another person to grant that text authority it might not otherwise garner.
The only texts in the NT that clearly are properly ascribed to the rightful author are the genuine letters of Paul. Others, such as Luke/Acts maybe properly ascribed, but not certainly so.
When Ehrman wrote "Forged", he said in the book that he would follow up with a scholarly edition that would go into greater detail with citations.

It came out in November, although I haven't read the book.

Forgery and Counterforgery: The Use of Literary Deceit in Early Christian Polemics
http://www.bartdehrman.com/books/forgery_coun...
Black Hebrew

Fayetteville, NC

#433297 Jan 6, 2013
You are the Devil, into the fire you will go!

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#433298 Jan 6, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
When Ehrman wrote "Forged", he said in the book that he would follow up with a scholarly edition that would go into greater detail with citations.
Forgery and Counterforgery: The Use of Literary Deceit in Early Christian Polemics
Thanks. I just ordered the electronic edition. I'll give it a look-see on the bus tomorrow.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#433299 Jan 6, 2013
Black Hebrew wrote:
LOL *snort*
Black Hebrew

Fayetteville, NC

#433300 Jan 6, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL *snort*
Into slavery your descendants go!

Shalom

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#433301 Jan 6, 2013
Black Hebrew wrote:
<quoted text>
Into slavery your descendants go!
Shalom
Empty threats from someone who doesn't even understand the history of their own religions don't scare me silly.

They just make you seem desperate.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#433302 Jan 6, 2013
Black Hebrew wrote:
Your evil god isn't here. Please try another thread.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#433303 Jan 6, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
I see he dedicates it to Metzger, his mentor at Princeton, in memoriam.

Nice touch.

“The..”

Since: Dec 12

"..who whating how with huh?"

#433304 Jan 6, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, juicylulu.
That was a very nice, thoughtful post.
You are very welcome :D
I should have added that I'm no longer Aunty Lucy either...sigh...I have 19 nieces and nephews plus 2 step daughters, everyone of them that can talk now call me juicylu or juicylulu or juicylucy...kids!
Peace and love and baseball gloves <3

“The..”

#433305 Jan 6, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Donít forget Ďchristian scientistsí,Ďvirgin motherí and Ďholy crapí.
I'm truly sorry, I dislike having to disagree with adorable kitties as a rule. However, I must say that to think a person cannot study both Science and Theology, shows a lack of worldly experience.
Peace and love and scratching posts <3

“The..”

#433306 Jan 6, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. The errors of Christiainity has been exposed for 1700 years. Sadly, Christians are either too stupid or deceitful to correct the errors or, like most Christians, don't care.
IMHPCPO, if the message remains and is adhered to, I don't care. Interpretation and theory leves a lot to be desired and is far too individually personal to argue against.
Peace and love and not Paul's writings <3

“The..”

#433307 Jan 6, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
True but the "Bible is perfect" people can't argue against it. It "proves" that three of the four gospels in their book are condemnded by their demigod Paul and that the "perfect word of God" is internally flawed.
You just referred to Paul as a 'demigod'. <giggling gleefully to myself and getting funny looks from my eldest son>
Btw, I don't think of the Bible, as it is now, as being 'perfect'.
Peace and love and stuff you like...<3

“The..”

#433308 Jan 6, 2013
TLC wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a good thing!!!!
Your test would have required killing someone.
Quick!!! Hide!!!
<3

“The..”

#433309 Jan 6, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Religious education.
Ok. That's a good one, I chuckled.
Peace and love and lots of cat nip <3

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#433312 Jan 7, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to the club, Mr. Wiggley.
I'll send out the official t-shirt and hat in tomorrow's mail.
Now repeat the Non-conformist oath after me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =oTwV3vG73cUXX&feature=you tube_gdata_player
HEY! I never got my T-shirt and hat for being your sock puppet and now you're sending Mr. Wiggley one? Oh, that's right, I'm also Mr. Wiggley so I'll get it eventually.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#433313 Jan 7, 2013
TLC wrote:
<quoted text>
You were at work today, right? Wouldn't want you to be hypocritical and obey scriptures.
Your scriptures only apply to believers, silly. And many Christians are required to work on Sunday. Start with them if you have some condemning to do.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#433314 Jan 7, 2013
Black Hebrew wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a "Christian".
It doesn't really matter what extremist theism you follow. Extremism is extremism.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#433315 Jan 7, 2013
TLC wrote:
<quoted text>
Why were the atheists at the time incapable of stopping that from happening? Was it because all of it was true and they couldn't debunk it?
I see your viking name got banned again.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#433316 Jan 7, 2013
TLC wrote:
<quoted text>
You weren't paying attention. He said he wasn't a Christian. Perhaps I had you distracted with my question about being a good person if I lived according to the Word that God has instilled in my heart.
Why do you have to ask someone outside your faith if following the Bible will make you a good person? Why are you depending on someone who is not a Christian to tell you how to be a good person?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#433317 Jan 7, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said before, Ehrman rarely introduces any new ideas. My response to the two works I briefly read were "Tell us something we don't already know." I doubt this will be any different.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 min RiccardoFire 95,412
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Stilgar Fifrawi 738,573
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min Oxbow 542,017
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 15 min onemale 259,114
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 35 min Student 38,687
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 45 min bacon hater 1,084
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr Classic 1,805
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Seraphima 600,977
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••