“The..”

Since: Dec 12

"..who whating how with huh?"

#433288 Jan 6, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>Only if it would force you to waste your bullet money in attempting to prosecute me. Nothing would please me more than hearing how much your lawyer would laugh at you for bringing this to his desk .
<quoted text>
JR aka "Viking" is one of those hate-spewing christian fundamentalists who would love to go out and kill someone, and then blame it on "the atheists." He needs to be in a mental hospital.
JR and Viking are very different, Viking is repulsive and not at all funny or intelligent. Two major markers for the loony nutty funny brilliant Doc, we (at the NWO HQ, lol) wish to study Doc's brain.
<3

“The..”

#433289 Jan 6, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
It also counters the arguement that Paul didn't use a written 'gospel' text. The word 'scripture' is not refering to oral tradition.
Which leaves my question to Christians still valid, "Which gospel did Paul say was the only ONE he preached and that all others were to be condemned ?"
Thanks for that post.
*sigh*
<3

Location hidden

#433290 Jan 6, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's another one you'll like:
Justice Scalia
Religious education.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#433291 Jan 6, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know the history well enough to know whether many with a vote believed some of the now obvious pseudepigrapha, such as 2 Peter, were just that. If I recall correctly, some texts that made it into the canon were questioned with respect to their authenticity. But I'm not sure fake document were by consensus intentionally included. Maybe.
I assume documents with a clear gnostic bent didn't stand a chance in the canonization process -- except for Mark, which bears a soft gnostic ring to it.
This post probably needs a bit of clarification. I have never seen the term "pseudepigrapha" ever applied to the gospels. Perhaps it has been. But to me there is a distinction between an author who pretends to be someone else and a text that was not intending to deceive the reader about authorship but later was ascribed by others to another person to grant that text authority it might not otherwise garner.

The only texts in the NT that clearly are properly ascribed to the rightful author are the genuine letters of Paul. Others, such as Luke/Acts maybe properly ascribed, but not certainly so.

“The..”

#433292 Jan 6, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Juicyly (for some reason, to me your name is x-rated).
Are you familiar with oxymorons?
Here's one for you: Religious truth.
Get it?
LMPCPAO!!!
Ok, my name is Luciana, one day, as I was visiting my sis in law, I was singing a ditty (as I'm known to do) about my love of juice to my lil' nieces, when suddenly, my beloved and then 3yr old niece, started chanting 'juicylulu, juicylulu...' and it stuck forevermore...I use it, modified, for my email address too...I am no longer Aunty Lulu...sigh...
I am indeed familiar with oxymorons and you are very witty and amusing, I thank God for your existence every time I am reminded of it.
Oh, and you've caused me to blush.
Peace and love and cotton candy <3

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#433293 Jan 6, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
This post probably needs a bit of clarification. I have never seen the term "pseudepigrapha" ever applied to the gospels. Perhaps it has been. But to me there is a distinction between an author who pretends to be someone else and a text that was not intending to deceive the reader about authorship but later was ascribed by others to another person to grant that text authority it might not otherwise garner.
The only texts in the NT that clearly are properly ascribed to the rightful author are the genuine letters of Paul. Others, such as Luke/Acts maybe properly ascribed, but not certainly so.
You are correct.
The gospels were not written to pretend they were by anyone. The titles were applied much later.

Pseudepigrapha is an academic word that simply means "blatant forgery".

Columbus, OH

#433294 Jan 6, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct.
The gospels were not written to pretend they were by anyone. The titles were applied much later.
Pseudepigrapha is an academic word that simply means "blatant forgery".
Thank you, G.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#433295 Jan 6, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
LMPCPAO!!!
Ok, my name is Luciana, one day, as I was visiting my sis in law, I was singing a ditty (as I'm known to do) about my love of juice to my lil' nieces, when suddenly, my beloved and then 3yr old niece, started chanting 'juicylulu, juicylulu...' and it stuck forevermore...I use it, modified, for my email address too...I am no longer Aunty Lulu...sigh...
I am indeed familiar with oxymorons and you are very witty and amusing, I thank God for your existence every time I am reminded of it.
Oh, and you've caused me to blush.
Peace and love and cotton candy <3
Thank you, juicylulu.

That was a very nice, thoughtful post.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#433296 Jan 6, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
When Ehrman wrote "Forged", he said in the book that he would follow up with a scholarly edition that would go into greater detail with citations.

It came out in November, although I haven't read the book.

Forgery and Counterforgery: The Use of Literary Deceit in Early Christian Polemics
http://www.bartdehrman.com/books/forgery_coun...
Black Hebrew

Fayetteville, NC

#433297 Jan 6, 2013
You are the Devil, into the fire you will go!

Columbus, OH

#433298 Jan 6, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
When Ehrman wrote "Forged", he said in the book that he would follow up with a scholarly edition that would go into greater detail with citations.
Forgery and Counterforgery: The Use of Literary Deceit in Early Christian Polemics
Thanks. I just ordered the electronic edition. I'll give it a look-see on the bus tomorrow.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#433299 Jan 6, 2013
Black Hebrew wrote:
LOL *snort*
Black Hebrew

Fayetteville, NC

#433300 Jan 6, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL *snort*
Into slavery your descendants go!

Shalom

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#433301 Jan 6, 2013
Black Hebrew wrote:
<quoted text>
Into slavery your descendants go!
Shalom
Empty threats from someone who doesn't even understand the history of their own religions don't scare me silly.

They just make you seem desperate.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#433302 Jan 6, 2013
Black Hebrew wrote:
Your evil god isn't here. Please try another thread.

Columbus, OH

#433303 Jan 6, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
I see he dedicates it to Metzger, his mentor at Princeton, in memoriam.

Nice touch.

“The..”

#433304 Jan 6, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, juicylulu.
That was a very nice, thoughtful post.
You are very welcome :D
I should have added that I'm no longer Aunty Lucy either...sigh...I have 19 nieces and nephews plus 2 step daughters, everyone of them that can talk now call me juicylu or juicylulu or juicylucy...kids!
Peace and love and baseball gloves <3

“The..”

#433305 Jan 6, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Don稚 forget 祖hristian scientists,宋irgin mother and 蘇oly crap.
I'm truly sorry, I dislike having to disagree with adorable kitties as a rule. However, I must say that to think a person cannot study both Science and Theology, shows a lack of worldly experience.
Peace and love and scratching posts <3

“The..”

#433306 Jan 6, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. The errors of Christiainity has been exposed for 1700 years. Sadly, Christians are either too stupid or deceitful to correct the errors or, like most Christians, don't care.
IMHPCPO, if the message remains and is adhered to, I don't care. Interpretation and theory leves a lot to be desired and is far too individually personal to argue against.
Peace and love and not Paul's writings <3

“The..”

#433307 Jan 6, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
True but the "Bible is perfect" people can't argue against it. It "proves" that three of the four gospels in their book are condemnded by their demigod Paul and that the "perfect word of God" is internally flawed.
You just referred to Paul as a 'demigod'. <giggling gleefully to myself and getting funny looks from my eldest son>
Btw, I don't think of the Bible, as it is now, as being 'perfect'.
Peace and love and stuff you like...<3

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min Charlie Sheen 262,045
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Robert F 550,613
how long after taking the Vivitrol shot can i f... (Nov '12) 5 min nicolee543 60
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 6 min RFD 3,783
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 min Innocent Holy dr ... 602,732
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 16 min Catcher1 753,382
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Feb '14) 21 min pk pk 122
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Catcher1 174,521

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE