“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#432755 Jan 4, 2013
Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; (1 Timothy 4:1)

REPENT AND BE SAVED! YOU'LL NEVER REGRET IT

THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST IS TRUE

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#432756 Jan 4, 2013
Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

CHOOSE LIFE CHOOSE JESUS

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#432757 Jan 4, 2013
After Jesus Christ rose from the dead

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that BELIEVETH and is baptized shall be SAVED; but he that believeth not shall be DAMNED.(Mark 16:15-16)

Once again, the Lord Jesus Christ makes it clear that it was a persons faith in Him which SAVED them. The UNBELIEVER once again is shown to be DAMNED. These are very serious words indeed, because they come from the Lord Jesus Christ, and they came after He had been butchered on the cross, and had risen from the DEAD!

But God commendeth HIS LOVE toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, CHRIST DIED FOR US. Much more then, being now JUSTIFIED BY HIS BLOOD, we shall be SAVED FROM WRATH through him.(Romans 5:8-9)

REPENT AND BE SAVED

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#432758 Jan 4, 2013
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
Until you get seriously ill or injured, that is.
That's just it. Every single person who hammers a national healthcare system would insist on the government taking care of them if they lost their job and insurance due to an injury or long-term illness. It always changes if it's them. I've seen it time and again. My own child was one of those people. He then saw what others have gone through and has a totally different view. He will never be able to get insurance again in his lifetime, nor will his wife after having a transplant. They both thought universal healthcare was a terrible idea. Now they see why it's needed. Neither of them are able to work. Without family and friends, they would not have made it. My son's medicare stopped 1 month after he went home from the hospital. When he went home, he could not even turn over in bed by himself. So tell ME that universal healthcare is a bad thing for 'everyone', when I have watched my own child and his wife do without. My son still needs more surgeries that he can't afford. He can hardly breathe because of the scar tissue caused by the tracheotomy and dares not lay flat at night. He still doesn't have the use of one arm. He still has memory problems due to the brain bleeds. His hip that was put back together still fails and he falls, risking danger in two ways..another head injury and internal bleeding because he has to be on blood thinners.

Go ahead, tell me how universal health care is bad for everyone when my DIL would die without help to take medications that keep her from rejecting her transplant. How many people are on 23 medications a day just to stay alive? Do you think they should just die? Would any of you wish that your child or his wife would die because you think universal healthcare is bad for 'everyone'?

It's a touchy subject with me, for sure. My children will be dealing with this for the rest of their lifetimes. Yet they still have hopes of being self-sufficient; taking care of themselves and being dependent on no-one. They plan for a future and are trying to figure out how they can make a living when neither of them can do physical work. They are not lazy. They are not scamming the system. They are not preying on other Americans. They are simply decent human beings who had terrible things that were beyond their control happen to them.

If those of you who think universal healthcare is bad have something like what happened to my son and his wife happen to you, I doubt seriously you will remain the same in any way. Nor will your families.

There was a child here in my town who was run over by a car. His father was driving the car and backed up when he didn't see the child. The child is damaged forever and will never be able to walk again. His mind will never mature due to the head injuries. Think about not only the child, but the father whose company offered no insurance to its employees. Do you think his child should die because his father could not afford insurance on his own for a family of four? How would you like to be in his position.

More people in this country than not cannot afford health insurance. Before I enrolled in medicare, private insurance was $980 a month for me because I've had a heart condition since birth. How many of you could afford that? Should I have died if not able to get medical help? How many people should die so you don't have to help your fellow human beings while billions are being sent to other countries for healthcare of their citizens? While billions of dollars are being spent on wars that we should never have been in? While your congressmen are assured they will always have health care even if you don't?

Yes..I'm pretty much on the side of humanity. And I'm for taking care of Americans first, and then doing what we can for others.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#432759 Jan 4, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text> Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools I think of you Annie when I read this... you're good like that
I apologize in advance for taking this post back to the original topic of this thread.

When I first left my faith it was a gradual parting of ways. It seemed to have happened without me even knowing it. Life just seemed to pull me in another direction. I am not sure when it even started...maybe it happened long before...maybe even when it began. I was never very comfortable with what I had been taught but it was all that I knew...all that I had become.

Then one day...I realized...I had walked away. I struggled with that...and have for many years...not quite able to cut that final thread that held me in place. I kept thinking that I would find my way back...back to what I knew.

For many years until just recently I held on to "God". I thought that if I kept "God" I would find my way. Until just in the last few weeks...I kept that thought...held on.

One day...I was reading here on this thread...then went to WSJLM and read there. All I saw was hatred...arguing...back stabbing. I thought about all the Christians that had been in my life...relatives...friends...a cquaintances...that is when it dawned on me...there could not be a "God". There could be no deity that would promote such animosity among that which he created.

Maybe you are right clownie...maybe I am foolish...foolish for holding on to something for so many years...wanting and needing for it to be truth. Maybe any wisdom that I hope to find is in the letting go.

So...if you see me as foolish it is okay...I look back...maybe you are right...it was foolish to try and hold on.

I don't regret the memories of the faith that I once held but to continue to hold on to them is to borrow your opinion of me...foolish.

Thank you clownie. I can move on now.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#432760 Jan 4, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> That's just it. Every single person who hammers a national healthcare system would insist on the government taking care of them if they lost their job and insurance due to an injury or long-term illness. It always changes if it's them. I've seen it time and again. My own child was one of those people. He then saw what others have gone through and has a totally different view. He will never be able to get insurance again in his lifetime, nor will his wife after having a transplant. They both thought universal healthcare was a terrible idea. Now they see why it's needed. Neither of them are able to work. Without family and friends, they would not have made it. My son's medicare stopped 1 month after he went home from the hospital. When he went home, he could not even turn over in bed by himself. So tell ME that universal healthcare is a bad thing for 'everyone', when I have watched my own child and his wife do without. My son still needs more surgeries that he can't afford. He can hardly breathe because of the scar tissue caused by the tracheotomy and dares not lay flat at night. He still doesn't have the use of one arm. He still has memory problems due to the brain bleeds. His hip that was put back together still fails and he falls, risking danger in two ways..another head injury and internal bleeding because he has to be on blood thinners.
Go ahead, tell me how universal health care is bad for everyone when my DIL would die without help to take medications that keep her from rejecting her transplant. How many people are on 23 medications a day just to stay alive? Do you think they should just die? Would any of you wish that your child or his wife would die because you think universal healthcare is bad for 'everyone'?
It's a touchy subject with me, for sure. My children will be dealing with this for the rest of their lifetimes. Yet they still have hopes of being self-sufficient; taking care of themselves and being dependent on no-one. They plan for a future and are trying to figure out how they can make a living when neither of them can do physical work. They are not lazy. They are not scamming the system. They are not preying on other Americans. They are simply decent human beings who had terrible things that were beyond their control happen to them.
If those of you who think universal healthcare is bad have something like what happened to my son and his wife happen to you, I doubt seriously you will remain the same in any way. Nor will your families.
There was a child here in my town who was run over by a car. His father was driving the car and backed up when he didn't see the child. The child is damaged forever and will never be able to walk again. His mind will never mature due to the head injuries. Think about not only the child, but the father whose company offered no insurance to its employees. Do you think his child should die because his father could not afford insurance on his own for a family of four? How would you like to be in his position.
More people in this country than not cannot afford health insurance. Before I enrolled in medicare, private insurance was $980 a month for me because I've had a heart condition since birth. How many of you could afford that? Should I have died if not able to get medical help? How many people should die so you don't have to help your fellow human beings while billions are being sent to other countries for healthcare of their citizens? While billions of dollars are being spent on wars that we should never have been in? While your congressmen are assured they will always have health care even if you don't?
Yes..I'm pretty much on the side of humanity. And I'm for taking care of Americans first, and then doing what we can for others.
I love when a post is written with the passion of...a mother. No one does it better when a mom is fighting for her kids.

Love to you WN!

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#432761 Jan 4, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Nope. When they used a proxy with my avatar, it didn't change.
Greyboxers don't get avatars.

Proxies get grey placenames
Non-Proxied get blue placenames

Both "Huh"s are non-proxied from the same town.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#432762 Jan 4, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya always gotta blame it on the men dont ya..........
Aaaaw...I did say "good men"! LOL

“What do I know?”

Since: Apr 08

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#432763 Jan 4, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I apologize in advance for taking this post back to the original topic of this thread.
When I first left my faith it was a gradual parting of ways. It seemed to have happened without me even knowing it. Life just seemed to pull me in another direction. I am not sure when it even started...maybe it happened long before...maybe even when it began. I was never very comfortable with what I had been taught but it was all that I knew...all that I had become.
Then one day...I realized...I had walked away. I struggled with that...and have for many years...not quite able to cut that final thread that held me in place. I kept thinking that I would find my way back...back to what I knew.
For many years until just recently I held on to "God". I thought that if I kept "God" I would find my way. Until just in the last few weeks...I kept that thought...held on.
One day...I was reading here on this thread...then went to WSJLM and read there. All I saw was hatred...arguing...back stabbing. I thought about all the Christians that had been in my life...relatives...friends...a cquaintances...that is when it dawned on me...there could not be a "God". There could be no deity that would promote such animosity among that which he created.
Maybe you are right clownie...maybe I am foolish...foolish for holding on to something for so many years...wanting and needing for it to be truth. Maybe any wisdom that I hope to find is in the letting go.
So...if you see me as foolish it is okay...I look back...maybe you are right...it was foolish to try and hold on.
I don't regret the memories of the faith that I once held but to continue to hold on to them is to borrow your opinion of me...foolish.
Thank you clownie. I can move on now.
Welcome to the fold, Annie.

As I keep saying, there's nobody here but us.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#432764 Jan 4, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
S.S. Tax is costing me an extra $3K this year over last year.
By the way, only the first $110,000 of your earnings are taxed for SS. So where you teach must pay one hell of a lot more than other learning institutions and you must have gotten one hefty raise.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#432765 Jan 4, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
If we had done what Australia, UK and Canada have I would have supported it. All the USA did is make Insurance Companies richer and the middle-class poorer.
It isn't Universal Health Care, it is Mandatory Maximum Health Insurance Policy.
It will do the same thing that mandatory auto insurance did, raise the cost of auto insurance 10X.
Welcome to the U$A
I agree that it certainly needs some work. If you have answers to the problem, please send them to Congress. You'll need to be explicit, though.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#432766 Jan 4, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>It would be nice if they allowed policies to cross state lines and let people build their own plans. Instead they have mandatory coverages. My state mandates that my insurance covers Mammograms, masectomies, and breast augmentation. I seriously doubt that I will be getting any of those procedures.
Don't be so sure. Men get breast cancer too. The percentage of breast cancer rates are definitely on the side of females, but if you think you can't get breast cancer, you are woefully misinformed.

What about the women in your life? Do you think they should do without those tests because you think you don't need them? Do you know how much less costly preventive tests are than waiting until a person has cancer and then treating it?

I think you just don't like everyone having the medical care they need as long as you have adequate coverage. I'll bet if you lost your job and went under, you wouldn't be so discriminating about what tests your state mandates.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#432767 Jan 4, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I pay a total of $7k a year into SS alone.
My own retirement plan which will yield 5X as much in 1/4 of the investment time is $8k/yr
My own Medical Plan (HMO) which pays 100% of everything is $1K/yr
Then you have the advantage of having a group plan. Private insurance would be almost that much a month. You're part of the problem, not part of the solution. You brag about how inexpensive your insurance is, use it at will, and then complain about others getting the same treatment you expect for yourself just because you work and have group insurance. Most of the people who don't have insurance aren't as lucky.

It's another one of those 'I've got mine, to hell with the rest of you' deals.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#432768 Jan 4, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
There is no such thing as "free". Taxes are collected to fund these programs. Well, we are told that our taxes will fund these programs. I wonder how much money from Social Security stays with in the Social Security budget.. or if the tax dollars collected for road maintenance actually gets used to maintain the roads.. hmmmm.... yeah I trust the government to spend my money better then I can. I am sure that they only have my best interests in mind. How about this? I keep my earnings that I worked for and use it to improve my quality of life and then I would have more to use to help others because I no longer have to fund a middle man.
I think they should have done the same thing with the National Health Care Act that they do with Medicare...give each person the ability to opt out and also to not have to pay additional taxes if you opt out.

That way, when you lose your job, are in an accident that almost kills you and takes away everything you have ever worked for and makes you unable to work ever again, you can run your fingers over your opt out clause and be thankful.
Raj at Earth

Redondo Beach, CA

#432769 Jan 4, 2013
Good for you, that you no longer accept false ideas. The bible is full of lies. Thou shalt not kill but you continue to kill all those animals. Thou shalt not lie but you continue to exxagrate your claims on the news. Thou shalt not committ adultry but you continue to engage in pologomy.

Even America is full of itself. The first amendment says that you can say whatever you want but the judge will hold you in contempt of court if you speak your mind. The second amendment says anyone can buy a gun but the state and city have put up headaches such as permits and restrictions. The fifth amedment says that you do not have to say anything but the cop keeps asking you what happened, same with the judge.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#432770 Jan 4, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>By the way, only the first $110,000 of your earnings are taxed for SS. So where you teach must pay one hell of a lot more than other learning institutions and you must have gotten one hefty raise.
My SS payment increased $150/ month as of Jan. 1st. Everyone's did.

It is now $500/ month plus $100/month for Medicare Tax

$600 X 12 =$7200/year

What do you question that ? It is right off the paystub I have right here in front of me.

Yes, I get paid at the PhD level with maximum seniority bonuses.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#432771 Jan 4, 2013
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to the fold, Annie.
As I keep saying, there's nobody here but us.
:-)

Your post made me remember...

After my mother died I would forget. Something would happen, I would see something, think of something and I would pick up the phone to call her...only to remember that she was gone. She had been such a part of my life. It made me feel...alone...just me.

I suspect that giving up a delusion will be similar...accepting that it is just us. Oh well...

One day I was walking and ran across a guy that was asking for donations and holding a sign...

"Help me find my road to enlightenment"...

I couldn't help but laugh thinking that I couldn't even find my own!

Since the beginning of time man has sat on a hillside gazing at the sky...wondering what was out there...I wonder...what conclusions did he come to...did he find an answer or did he just move on and let someone else have his hillside.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#432772 Jan 4, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>... You're part of the problem, not part of the solution. You brag about how inexpensive your insurance is,....
1. I do not know how much my employer pays for my benefits, I only know my share.
2. I am not part of 'the problem'.
3. I wasn't bragging, I was stating a fact.
4. Are you bipolar ?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#432773 Jan 4, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Every Presidential debate televised or not was between Romney and Obama, The other candidates weren't even allowed to debate with them, and, apparently no one thought anything about it, or that it was wrong. Our political system is broke..........Worst part is not enough of us care, or realize..........
Americans in general have become so apathetic that they really don't realize anything that's happening. They will blame 'them' when things go wrong but don't see that they are part and parcel of the problem.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#432775 Jan 4, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>...when you lose your job, are in an accident that almost kills you and takes away everything you have ever worked for ....
Like when I was injured and paralized for three months, lost my job and place to live got nothing from Washington to help me ?

<face palm>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 4 min zyexavier911 1,399
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min AussieBobby 270,206
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min StarC 579,378
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 19 min Paul Porter1 818,314
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 30 min Peace_Warrior 609,937
Poll Is the price is right fixed for blacks? (Jun '12) 1 hr KoalMan 70
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr Seriously__ 2,033
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 7 hr uknaked 98,013
More from around the web