“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#432686 Jan 4, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
If we had done what Australia, UK and Canada have I would have supported it. All the USA did is make Insurance Companies richer and the middle-class poorer.
It isn't Universal Health Care, it is Mandatory Maximum Health Insurance Policy.
It will do the same thing that mandatory auto insurance did, raise the cost of auto insurance 10X.
Welcome to the U$A
It would be nice if they allowed policies to cross state lines and let people build their own plans. Instead they have mandatory coverages. My state mandates that my insurance covers Mammograms, masectomies, and breast augmentation. I seriously doubt that I will be getting any of those procedures.

“The..”

Since: Dec 12

"..who whating how with huh?"

#432687 Jan 4, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
If we had done what Australia, UK and Canada have I would have supported it. All the USA did is make Insurance Companies richer and the middle-class poorer.
It isn't Universal Health Care, it is Mandatory Maximum Health Insurance Policy.
It will do the same thing that mandatory auto insurance did, raise the cost of auto insurance 10X.
Welcome to the U$A
Yikes!

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#432688 Jan 4, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>It would be nice if they allowed policies to cross state lines and let people build their own plans. Instead they have mandatory coverages. My state mandates that my insurance covers Mammograms, masectomies, and breast augmentation. I seriously doubt that I will be getting any of those procedures.
Yup. It is only to make Insurance Companies more money.
It would be interesting to know how many politicians have Insurance companies in their stock portfolios....and Insurance lobbyist money in their Swiss bank accounts.

“What do I know?”

Since: Apr 08

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#432689 Jan 4, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to butt in but we have free Healthcare for everyone here and it's great, especially for the poorer demographics. America should definiely have something like Medicare, imho.
Peace <3
Not gonna happen. The reaction we've seen here is a good indication.

Americans have actually been convinced that, although government-supplied police, fire and emergency services are good, government-supplied health care is bad. They resist it at every turn.

The power of groupthink.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#432690 Jan 4, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Yikes!
I pay a total of $7k a year into SS alone.
My own retirement plan which will yield 5X as much in 1/4 of the investment time is $8k/yr
My own Medical Plan (HMO) which pays 100% of everything is $1K/yr

“Love much, trust none”

There

#432691 Jan 4, 2013
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
Americans have actually been convinced that, although government-supplied police, fire and emergency services are good, government-supplied health care is bad. They resist it at every turn.
The power of groupthink.
Yep. People will generally believe whatever "their" political party tells them to believe. Much like religion, isn't it ?

“The..”

#432692 Jan 4, 2013
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
The power of groupthink.
Oh dear...I'm having gun thread flashbacks...
<3

“The..”

#432693 Jan 4, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I pay a total of $7k a year into SS alone.
My own retirement plan which will yield 5X as much in 1/4 of the investment time is $8k/yr
My own Medical Plan (HMO) which pays 100% of everything is $1K/yr
What's SS?

“The..”

#432694 Jan 4, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. People will generally believe whatever "their" political party tells them to believe. Much like religion, isn't it ?
It certainly seems that way. Brazil is even worse, a few years ago my cousin died of Meningitis because my Aunt couldn't afford the vaccine. Meningitis ffs!
<3

“What do I know?”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#432695 Jan 4, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent analogy, I think.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#432696 Jan 4, 2013
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
The power of groupthink.
What makes you think that I agree with government supplice law enforcement, fire and emergency services? There is such a thing as a volunteer fire dept. Hospitals can provide emergency services which can be covered under a private health plan. As for police I would prefer a well armed and trained community watch group over that of a gang of thugs payed with stolen money that think that they have more rights than those that they are menat to "protect and serve".
Once again...

http://www.policemisconduct.net/

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#432697 Jan 4, 2013
*supplied

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#432698 Jan 4, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I said that a few pages back... more or less.

“What do I know?”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#432699 Jan 4, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>What makes you think that I agree with government supplice law enforcement, fire and emergency services? There is such a thing as a volunteer fire dept. Hospitals can provide emergency services which can be covered under a private health plan. As for police I would prefer a well armed and trained community watch group over that of a gang of thugs payed with stolen money that think that they have more rights than those that they are menat to "protect and serve".
Once again...
http://www.policemisconduct.net/
Sounds to me like a whole range of new subjects.

You remind me just how glad I am that I moved to the UK some years back.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#432700 Jan 4, 2013
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds to me like a whole range of new subjects.
You remind me just how glad I am that I moved to the UK some years back.
I just do not like the government taking my money to pay itself so that 20% of what they took could go to actually paying for the service that it was supposed to provide.

This works much better.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#432701 Jan 4, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
What's SS?
Social Security

A minimalist program for the retired.

“The..”

#432702 Jan 4, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>Social Security

A minimalist program for the retired.
Oh, like our Aged Pension? Or Super?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#432703 Jan 4, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, like our Aged Pension? Or Super?
Yep

“Love much, trust none”

There

#432704 Jan 4, 2013
S.S. pay in $300,000 (over 45 years) and get $120,000 (over 10 years (ave.)) back.

The worst retirement program ever.

“The..”

#432705 Jan 4, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
S.S. pay in $300,000 (over 45 years) and get $120,000 (over 10 years (ave.)) back.
The worst retirement program ever.
That's insane!!! Where does the rest of the money go?
<3

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Thinking 230,009
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Oxbow 548,695
i am waiting for u 23 min Aakash Ahmedabad 1
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 35 min Al Capone 4,779
Word association game (Aug '08) 43 min andet1987 53,432
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 43 min mike 602,180
African-Americans Are Figuring Obama Out! 46 min andet1987 2
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr RADEKT 261,678
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr BobbyB1990 750,700
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 5 hr chevyguy 127

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE