Why I’m no longer a Christian

Just Results

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#432375 Jan 3, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>I feel ya, that what brings me back again & again & again! lol
The only thing that brings you back is your intense hatred and bigotry.

Just Results

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#432376 Jan 3, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> And you think this post is an answer? I doubt it. You just couldn't think of a reply and decided instead to throw out a Bible verse that has nothing to do with the conversation. It's expected.
You have a nice day. I gotta get ready for grandchildren.
It was a verse that has everything to do with this subject. You were exposed in that verse as one of the ugly vile persons of our day.
I hope your grandchildren grow up and realize to ignore your anti-Christian rants and become Christians. You don't love them if you teach them otherwise.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#432377 Jan 3, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>If you were able to discuss the Bible, you'd be discussing it with Christians, not non-Christians.
There seems to be a reason people who don't know enough to discuss the Bible come here....they think they'll outwit those who are not Christians and therefore feel all smug and holier-than-thou. Most of you come here and find out that isn't true, then get your panties all in a wad over it.
'Study to show thyself approved before God.' Words not from me, just in case you don't know. It doesn't matter if you can debate here, but if you were doing as the Bible tells you, then you would be able to.
Still, as Dr R says,'keepin' it real'.
Blah, blah, blah....etc......
Check this out, I think it might help you, there's not enough of these in my opinion. Let me know what you think ok? Enjoy your Grandkids <3

https://tspace.library.utoronto.ca/bitstream/...

Location hidden

#432378 Jan 3, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
The bicycle you stole was my bicycle. I prayed for it and got it.
My prayers were sincere.
I forgave you , so your prayer was answered.
Good one, LOL.
Peace <3

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#432379 Jan 3, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no fear. Gravity is what keeps me trapped on Earth. Don't you even know your own science?
You fear that you are wrong, your faith is weak. If you were sure you were correct then you would not fear death, you would take no medical aid, and you would allow yourself to die. Since you take advantage of medical science, you have no faith.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#432380 Jan 3, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing that brings you back is your intense hatred and bigotry.
Over what? Are you talking out of your ass?

Please show me the posts where I'm showing hatred on this thread?

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#432381 Jan 3, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>So, what you are saying is that personal morality and societal morality are two different things then?
That's not what I said. I said the law can and does enforce moral standards on the individual. The individual does not have to agree but faces consequences for failing to adhere to those standards in his actions -- but not in his thoughts.

But I am sure no individual's morality tracks consensus morality perfectly. And society's morality does not always track legally imposed morality perfectly. Old laws often stick around long after any consensus morality for them has departed. And some laws get enacted against consensus morality simply because of the brute strength of some minority lobby.

In short, the law dictates morality in behavior against the individual's chosen morality and, sometimes, against social consensus.

Location hidden

#432382 Jan 3, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>If you were able to discuss the Bible, you'd be discussing it with Christians, not non-Christians.
There seems to be a reason people who don't know enough to discuss the Bible come here....they think they'll outwit those who are not Christians and therefore feel all smug and holier-than-thou. Most of you come here and find out that isn't true, then get your panties all in a wad over it.
'Study to show thyself approved before God.' Words not from me, just in case you don't know. It doesn't matter if you can debate here, but if you were doing as the Bible tells you, then you would be able to.
Still, as Dr R says,'keepin' it real'.
I'm not on this thread to discuss the Bible luvvie, that is why I view it as futile :)

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#432383 Jan 3, 2013
ROLL TIDE ROLL!

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#432385 Jan 3, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I never mentioned hate...you did however Clownie. I don't plan on slithering anywhere "T". The title of this thread is "Why I Am No Longer A Christian".
So tell me "T"...why are you no longer a Christian...or is it a case of...you were never one?
you are so evil... satan owns your soul... ye ole vile demon
Wloclawek Warrior

Carson, VA

#432387 Jan 3, 2013
DearthOfCouth wrote:
Why should you care in the slightest about my religious views?
I cannot possibly imagine.
Several people on topix, though, in the wake of various postings I’ve made on religious subjects, have asked me for an explanation of just how I arrived at my present agnosticism, or atheism, or whatever it is. So rather than answering these various people individually I’ve elected to start this forum and direct the interested parties here.
What follows is nothing more or less than a summary of my personal experiences as a Christian, related about as honestly as I know how to do it. I’m not hoping for contributions, followers, or enlightenment, and I don’t claim it to be momentous or universal or significant to anyone but me. But it is genuine.
Dearth of Couth
What you say is genuine.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#432388 Jan 3, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
ROLL TIDE ROLL!
Fo you, my good sir:
http://www.troll.me/images/futurama-fry/cant-...

Use it wisely!

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#432389 Jan 3, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not on this thread to discuss the Bible luvvie, that is why I view it as futile :)
you have as much right as any of the non believeing knucle dragging atheist, on this thread.. keep slaping and stomping the vile demons...

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#432390 Jan 3, 2013
O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?(Galatians 3:1-3)

for the chumps on here.. get back to church and the holy word of Jesus Christ...

Columbus, OH

#432391 Jan 3, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you are so evil... satan owns your soul... ye ole vile demon
Idiots abound.

Take a number.

Columbus, OH

#432392 Jan 3, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Fo you, my good sir:
http://www.troll.me/images/futurama-fry/cant-...
Use it wisely!
LOL.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#432393 Jan 3, 2013
This warning from the Jewish apostle Paul is becoming clearer and clearer as the days grow darker with the dumb people that turn their back on Jesus

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; (1 Timothy 4:1)

this is why some are no longer christian!!! The holy word of God warns us of this chumps

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#432394 Jan 3, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiots abound.
Take a number.
vile demon... satan owns your soul

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#432395 Jan 3, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
This warning from the Jewish apostle Paul is becoming clearer and clearer as the days grow darker with the dumb people that turn their back on Jesus
Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; (1 Timothy 4:1)
this is why some are no longer christian!!! The holy word of God warns us of this chumps
My middle name is Succubus, does that mean anything in that context?

Columbus, OH

#432397 Jan 3, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
You realize 1 Timothy is dated by the best scholars long after the death of Paul, right?

Of course you don't.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 25 min Travesty 52,159
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 26 min Rider on the Storm 992,009
How many MILLIONS of MEXICAN MEN R N in U.S. IL... 41 min Doctor REALITY 10
My girlfriend’s vegan. Need some tips and insi... 55 min michaelv2 1
Those in the twin towers who saw the jets coming 58 min Doctor REALITY 35
THANK YOU, Pastor Charles CAPPS of England, Ark... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 2
I want my girlfriend back. How do I win her back? 1 hr Doctor REALITY 4
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Chuck 693,272
More from around the web