Why I’m no longer a Christian

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#432329 Jan 2, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
I can't wear the good polo shirts due to Izodophobia.
Izodophobia: The persistent fear that the little alligator on your shirt will bite your nipple.
Remind me never to buy polo underwear.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#432330 Jan 2, 2013
I'm at work and I'm the only male nurse here tonight. All the female nurses are talking about shopping. Somebody help me please.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#432331 Jan 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you considered praying for a pony?
There was this kid, who wanted a bicycle. He REALLY wanted a bicycle.
So he prayed for one. And prayed. And prayed some more.
No bicycle.
So he prayed again. Several times.
Still no bicycle.
So he stole a bicycle.
Then he prayed for forgiveness.
Well ah do declare suh,lol.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#432332 Jan 2, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Which is exactly what I stated in so many words.
Glad that I could shorten that up for you.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#432333 Jan 2, 2013
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
I used the words "virtuous" and "admirable" in their common, colloquial sense only; meaning, praiseworthy. Worthy of emulation.
You seem to have some sort of transcendent meaning in mind, and you seem to be driving toward a point of some sort.
What might that be?
Nevermind. I just have the argument of morality stuck in my head.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#432334 Jan 2, 2013
love_spell wrote:
<quoted text>
a child believes monsters are real. that they live under the bed and in the closet.
yet adults know that is simply not true. but to the child it is.
so just because it's true for a child, does that make it real? or fantasy?
a person who suffers from paranoid schizophrenia, believes the voices in his head are real. does that believe make it true????
That is not true. Not all schizophrenics believe the voices/auditory halucinations are real.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#432335 Jan 2, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Thinking.
LOL.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#432336 Jan 2, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>That is not true. Not all schizophrenics believe the voices/auditory halucinations are real.
Lol...

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#432337 Jan 2, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Law does not dictate morality.
Sure it does.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#432338 Jan 2, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Sure it does.
Does not. If so, how?

Location hidden

#432339 Jan 2, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Does not. If so, how?
The government tells us who, why and where it is ok to murder and who, why, where and when it is not; executions, wars on foreign soils, and abortions. Unfortunately, a government sanctioned act can still generate guilt that has to be either squashed or dealt with, ergo support groups and Prozac.[note the sarcasm]

Columbus, OH

#432340 Jan 2, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
The First Amendment permits "restrictions upon the content of speech in a few limited areas, which are 'of such slight social value as a step to truth that any benefit that may be derived from them is clearly outweighed by the social interest in order and morality.' "

-- R.A.V. v. City of St. Paul, 505 U.S. 377 (1992)
Lost In Transition

Big Stone Gap, VA

#432341 Jan 2, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
I'm at work and I'm the only male nurse here tonight. All the female nurses are talking about shopping. Somebody help me please.
Go with the red pumps.
They're you.

Columbus, OH

#432342 Jan 3, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
First, the factfinder's role in determining the applicability of aggravating factors in a death case is a special role that can involve, not simply the finding of brute facts, but also the making of death-related, community-based value judgments. The leading single aggravator charged in Arizona, for example, requires the factfinder to decide whether the crime was committed in an "especially heinous, cruel, or depraved manner." Ariz. Rev. Stat. Ann.§13-703(F)(6)(West Supp. 2003); see Office of Attorney General, State of Arizona, Capital Case Commission Final Report (2002). Three of the other four Ring-affected States use a similar aggravator. See Colo. Rev. Stat.§18-1.3-1201(5)(j)(2003); Idaho Code §19-2515(h)(5)(Supp. 2003); Neb. Rev. Stat.§29-2523(1)(d)(1995). Words like "especially heinous," "cruel," or "depraved"--particul arly when asked in the context of a death sentence proceeding--require reference to community-based standards, standards that incorporate values.(Indeed, Nebraska's standard explicitly asks the factfinder to assess the defendant's conduct in light of "ordinary standards of morality and intelligence." Ibid.) A jury is better equipped than a judge to identify and to apply those standards accurately.

-- Schriro v. Summerlin, 542 US 348 (2004)

Columbus, OH

#432343 Jan 3, 2013
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
Go with the red pumps.
They're you.
lol

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#432344 Jan 3, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
The First Amendment permits "restrictions upon the content of speech in a few limited areas, which are 'of such slight social value as a step to truth that any benefit that may be derived from them is clearly outweighed by the social interest in order and morality.' "
-- R.A.V. v. City of St. Paul, 505 U.S. 377 (1992)
That may be but can they force morals upon people? They may attempt to restrict actions but is it even possible to restrict a personal concept such as morality?

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#432345 Jan 3, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The government tells us who, why and where it is ok to murder and who, why, where and when it is not; executions, wars on foreign soils, and abortions. Unfortunately, a government sanctioned act can still generate guilt that has to be either squashed or dealt with, ergo support groups and Prozac.[note the sarcasm]
Why the sarcasm? What you stated is entirely true. It is wrong that they do it but it is true that it happens.

Columbus, OH

#432346 Jan 3, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>That may be but can they force morals upon people? They may attempt to restrict actions but is it even possible to restrict a personal concept such as morality?
No. They can't stop you thinking anything you want. But the law can and does punish you for acting on what you think or want if it violates society's concept of what is moral.

Location hidden

#432347 Jan 3, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Why the sarcasm? What you stated is entirely true. It is wrong that they do it but it is true that it happens.
Sorry. I was thinking about another poster's link to an abortion support group. If abortion is supposed to be so moral why do so many women feel the need to assuage their guilty conscious with strangers at some stupid group hug meeting?

Location hidden

#432349 Jan 3, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>That may be but can they force morals upon people? They may attempt to restrict actions but is it even possible to restrict a personal concept such as morality?
First you must make the subject aware of their own hypocrisy.

http://www.livescience.com/2657-moral-hypocri...

Then you hint at what a superior individual would do. Those who think of themselves as superior [and most people do] are then "influenced" to be moral. Give your ego a nice rub.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Joe Fortuna 99,849
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 min bad bob 184,265
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min Robert F 670,211
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 54 min Rider on the Storm 980,047
the new gay skype 1 hr thedarkone40 3
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr ChromiuMan 6,135
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Evanka Dump 286,442
More from around the web