LMPCAO!!!
<3

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#432241 Jan 2, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Dive into the rabbit hole.
Lol...Have to take a blue pill first! Or was it the red pill? Stuff it! I'll take both! Doc? Remind me?

Location hidden

#432242 Jan 2, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Who the hell is 'statan'? You keep mentioning him or her, but since there is no such deity in your book, I just had to ask.
Oh, just some made up mythical creature, never mind dear...
<3

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#432243 Jan 2, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you completely. My sis in law (the closest thing to Jesus I've ever met) says that you have to ignore all that stuff but I find it very hard to do. Sorry I called you a heretic, I was having a melt down <3
That's fine. Sometimes my stuff sounds like that of a complete heretic. I like to provoke people out of their comfort zone into a new place.

Blessings.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#432244 Jan 2, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.(John 6:28-29)
The people wanted to know what they could DO to work the works of God, and Jesus told them to simply BELIEVE on Him, whom He (the Father) had sent. Jesus cut right to the chase after they asked Him that question. He simply told them to BELIEVE! It is all about FAITH, and that FAITH must be in Him. That is the very crux of the matter, in this whole matter of SALVATION, and where a person is going to spend eternity. It is all about a persons attitude toward Jesus Christ. Do you BELIEVE in Him whom the Father has sent down from Heaven?

I do Clownie
Belief is futile.

Location hidden

#432245 Jan 2, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm always happy to help a confused Christian.
You must be busy :p

Location hidden

#432246 Jan 2, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
He probably wouldn't say anything.......
Just listen for an hour and then say please pay the seceratary $350.00 on your way out the door and we'll see you next week......
I'm pretty sure thats what they get paid to do......
Are you? Interesting. You do know why they write everything down though, right?
<3

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#432247 Jan 2, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
Matthew 5:11-12
撤eople will insult you and hurt you. They will lie and say all kinds of evil things about you because you follow me. But when they do that, know that great blessings belong to you. 12 Be happy about it. Be very glad because you have a great reward waiting for you in heaven. People did these same bad things to the prophets who lived before you.
This is why the Clown is on here...
Clownie using the unsaved
thanks to the peeps that insult the Clown, in the name of Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior...
Sounds like self-fulfilling prophecy...or self-inflicted prophecy.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#432248 Jan 2, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Chicks do dig the hat.
Just remember, with great power come great benefits.
Or something like that.
Happy New Year, bro.
"...let's hope it's a good one,
Without any fear."

Backatcha, ol' buddy. Yer gonna have a blast. Mostly. Jus' don't be pretendin' like yer sleepin for that 2am round. Chicks don't dig that, at all. Benefit from my mistakes, friend. >grin<

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#432249 Jan 2, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Annie you need help~~!!! your hate for us fine christian peeps is defining who your are, one sick puppy
slither on .... ya hear me
I never mentioned hate...you did however Clownie. I don't plan on slithering anywhere "T". The title of this thread is "Why I Am No Longer A Christian".

So tell me "T"...why are you no longer a Christian...or is it a case of...you were never one?

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#432250 Jan 2, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you? Interesting. You do know why they write everything down though, right?
<3
I dont know Juicy, why?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#432251 Jan 2, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Who the hell is 'statan'? You keep mentioning him or her, but since there is no such deity in your book, I just had to ask.
He played pitcher fer the Stinstinoti Reds in the Allstar 1st heaven playoffs. Constantine was coach-Eusebus played first-Jerome played second-Josepheus played third-Statan played shortstop-Mark, Luke and John played the outfields, and Paul was the "pinch hitter".
Aaah, them was the days!
Anaways, they got inta a big tiff'bout royalties an stuff, an god (the syndicate owner) fired Statan an threatened the rest with some other nasty stuff if they didn't do what they was told.
The rest is hysterical writing included in 66 books(wrapped by 1 cover)...

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#432252 Jan 2, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Moses and Solomon did. Read the lesser keys of Solomon and the 6th & 7th books of Moses.
Things all wizards are familiar with...tells ya all about how ta conjure and control demons...and by god's chosen hand.
Once again you're contradicting yourself,; the adherents to your cult are looking silly,; and your nasty religion of atheism is breaking apart. You just implied Moses and Solomon existed.

Thanks for proving you are a liar , as well as your team members, and also showing us how empty your filthy, death promoting cult is.

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#432253 Jan 2, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I never mentioned hate...
You're an anti-Christian.....it's implied you hate.

Location hidden

#432254 Jan 2, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
That's fine. Sometimes my stuff sounds like that of a complete heretic. I like to provoke people out of their comfort zone into a new place.
Blessings.
That's definitely something I can relate to.
God Bless you <3

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#432255 Jan 2, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>You must be busy :p
Does your fear keep you awake 20 + hours a day? I've noticed you are ALWAYS on this forum of hatred, illustrating just how much you lack faith in your atheism.

Location hidden

#432256 Jan 2, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont know Juicy, why?
I'll leave you hanging on that one ;) my this place is interesting!

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#432257 Jan 2, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Belief is futile.
From a coward's perspective, no doubt.

“How You Treat Me”

Since: May 10

Determines How I Treat You

#432258 Jan 2, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I never mentioned hate...
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an anti-Christian.....it's implied you hate.
There's nothing implied about *your* hate. You're proud of it.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#432259 Jan 2, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I and many others understood that passage differently, god of this age; meaning people who are of the world and behaving in the way statan wants them to and has tricked them into with his many lies, catering to the flesh, instead of being of God. Like humanism, satanism etc... I don't think it means to say that statan is a deity or a god, on it's own the passage can look that way but with the rest it doesn't. It's a matter of interpretation, like everything else in the Bible, thus the need for the Holy Spirit. My point is that a fallen angel cannot be a deity, not even if he tricks people into worshipping him, I think this passage expresses this in a way too and though my opinion and interpretation means less than nothing, statan is no deity by the very definition of the word.
I do, however, see your point.*forehead slap to myself*
I think you might have more traction if you were to label Paul's usage as a literary characterization. Context doesn't lend itself at all to your interpretation, which smacks more of apologistic revisionism. It is what it is.

In the bigger picture, your "interpretation" riff seems a slippery slope. You're saying that God's Word is subjective, which blasts the heck out of the notion of a universally accessible message. You imply further that only this "Holy Spirit" can provide the "correct" interpretation, which would mean that, A) God purposely speaks in confounding riddles, and B) all "true Christians" should surely arrive at the same conclusion, which we both should agree is far from the case.

I personally think this resort to "Holy Spirit interpretation" is a dodge for those who can't otherwise explain the more difficult passages of the Bible, and further weakens credibility, but hey! that's just me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Karma is a_______ 838,061
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 min bad bob 176,891
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 min Toby 99,809
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min Regina 589,924
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 14 min onemale 271,319
Poll Have You Ever Taken Part In Public Nudity? (Dec '07) 48 min Dougie6969 829
did mae hensley die? 1 hr sadden 1
More from around the web