Why I’m no longer a Christian

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#432216 Jan 2, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
To many Christians, Satan is a more powerful deity than the Christian god.
They attribute all manner of fantastical activity to him, even admit that he sometimes makes them do things.
But God can't even keep a Christian from wrecking their SUV, or dying of cancer.
I'd be impressed if either of your deities could create a piece of bubble gum that tastes like pot roast for me.
Willy Wonka can do it.
Some people say Willy Wonka is evil but I disagree, I think he's awesome!
<3
If statan is a deity then so am I :p

Location hidden

#432217 Jan 2, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I be worried about how you understand or misunderstand a passage?
If you want to know what Paul was talking about, read Paul.
I didn't say you were worried luv but I'm not going to debate Biblical interpretation with you. Just try not to assume you know what I have and have not read. Someone suggested I follow the teachings of Alice in Wonderland, I might go try it.
<3

Location hidden

#432218 Jan 2, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
They attribute all manner of fantastical activity to him, even admit that he sometimes makes them do things.
But God can't even keep a Christian from wrecking their SUV, or dying of cancer.
I'd be impressed if either of your deities could create a piece of bubble gum that tastes like pot roast for me.
Willy Wonka can do it.
For the record, this Christian thinks statan has no power at all, that's why he lies so much, otherwise no one would pay him any attention.
<3

Location hidden

#432219 Jan 2, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>yes it does
Oh lol...I agree Clownie, oh the head aches, what trials I put myself through just to get 'persecution points'!(who came up with that one? lol) How's your score card looking?
LMPCAO.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#432220 Jan 2, 2013
Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.(John 6:28-29)

The people wanted to know what they could DO to work the works of God, and Jesus told them to simply BELIEVE on Him, whom He (the Father) had sent. Jesus cut right to the chase after they asked Him that question. He simply told them to BELIEVE! It is all about FAITH, and that FAITH must be in Him. That is the very crux of the matter, in this whole matter of SALVATION, and where a person is going to spend eternity. It is all about a persons attitude toward Jesus Christ. Do you BELIEVE in Him whom the Father has sent down from Heaven?

I do Clownie

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#432221 Jan 2, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Willy Wonka can do it.
All hail Willy Wonka!!!!!!!!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#432224 Jan 2, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.(John 6:28-29)
The people wanted to know what they could DO to work the works of God, and Jesus told them to simply BELIEVE on Him, whom He (the Father) had sent. Jesus cut right to the chase after they asked Him that question. He simply told them to BELIEVE! It is all about FAITH, and that FAITH must be in Him. That is the very crux of the matter, in this whole matter of SALVATION, and where a person is going to spend eternity. It is all about a persons attitude toward Jesus Christ. Do you BELIEVE in Him whom the Father has sent down from Heaven?
I do Clownie
OH, OH, Ya better git that hanbasket ready boy! Yer gonna git it fer sure now!

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#432225 Jan 2, 2013
love_spell wrote:
<quoted text>
can i hope?
Of course. After all, some of us awakened and left the fold.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#432226 Jan 2, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Well dang...I thought it was our cute and unassuming ways! Our vast knowledge??? Maybe it is our way with words???
It's probably a combination of all the above.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#432228 Jan 2, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Should I be rude and confronting like you majesty? Should I upset the girl? STFU.
Still passive-aggressive. It's not rude to observe someone's behavior and confront them with it. Still no persecution points for you.

And you've been much ruder to me than I have been to you. Do you see me crying over it like you do? Nope. There is no reason to get upset over an anonymous person says if it is not true. If it is true, then it's time to take a second look and see if you can remedy it.

But so far, you haven't been honest enough for me to worry about anything you say.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#432229 Jan 2, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
That makes no sense. Now you're saying Christians can't have picnics? No wonder I think you have no credibility.
It's a long-running joke that I don't have the time or inclination to explain.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#432230 Jan 2, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people say Willy Wonka is evil but I disagree, I think he's awesome!
<3
If statan is a deity then so am I :p
You do have a head start.

You exist.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#432231 Jan 2, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
You should know by now that if I say something, I'm not just making sh*t up. Unless I'm making sh*t up, and you'll know it.
First I gave you ample opportunity to give all the different definitions for gods and deities and angels, and such. You compared a deity with a god.
Now try the one book that you forgot to reference.
2 Corinthians 4:4
"The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God."
Who is Paul talking about in this passage? He mentions him by name in 2:11.
So once again, who is wrong? The "Word of God" or you?
Your jar of clay is empty.
BAM!!

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#432232 Jan 2, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say you were worried luv but I'm not going to debate Biblical interpretation with you. Just try not to assume you know what I have and have not read. Someone suggested I follow the teachings of Alice in Wonderland, I might go try it.
<3
Dive into the rabbit hole.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#432233 Jan 2, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I and many others understood that passage differently, god of this age; meaning people who are of the world and behaving in the way statan wants them to and has tricked them into with his many lies, catering to the flesh, instead of being of God. Like humanism, satanism etc... I don't think it means to say that statan is a deity or a god, on it's own the passage can look that way but with the rest it doesn't. It's a matter of interpretation, like everything else in the Bible, thus the need for the Holy Spirit. My point is that a fallen angel cannot be a deity, not even if he tricks people into worshipping him, I think this passage expresses this in a way too and though my opinion and interpretation means less than nothing, statan is no deity by the very definition of the word.
I do, however, see your point.*forehead slap to myself*
Who the hell is 'statan'? You keep mentioning him or her, but since there is no such deity in your book, I just had to ask.

Location hidden

#432234 Jan 2, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Of course. After all, some of us awakened and left the fold.
And yet cannot stop talking about the fold or the Bible....I wonder what a Psychologist would say about this.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#432235 Jan 2, 2013
Satchmo Banks wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think that anyone considers that you are an expert at anything?
I bet even your bugle playing sucks.
I would think so.

I've never played a bugle.

I play a mean kazoo though.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#432236 Jan 2, 2013
Satchmo Banks wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for personally confirming the depths of your hypocrisy.
It's been a pleasure to find out just how big a phony and a liar you really are.
All the way back in the "Christian Lies Exposed" days you tried so hard to mask your mediocrity.
If these people knew the truth, eh?
I'm always happy to help a confused Christian.

Location hidden

#432237 Jan 2, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Still passive-aggressive. It's not rude to observe someone's behavior and confront them with it. Still no persecution points for you.
And you've been much ruder to me than I have been to you. Do you see me crying over it like you do? Nope. There is no reason to get upset over an anonymous person says if it is not true. If it is true, then it's time to take a second look and see if you can remedy it.
But so far, you haven't been honest enough for me to worry about anything you say.
Passive aggressiveness has it's uses. I was only rude to you when quoting your own words to others back to you, you think being direct gives you license to be rude and judgemental and hypocritical, I learnt, from wiser people than myself and you (but that's no challenge), that it does not. You want direct? Done. Just remember your words.

Yet you will not leave me alone, hmmm....I wonder what a Psychologist would say about that.
<3

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#432238 Jan 2, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet cannot stop talking about the fold or the Bible....I wonder what a Psychologist would say about this.
He probably wouldn't say anything.......

Just listen for an hour and then say please pay the seceratary $350.00 on your way out the door and we'll see you next week......

I'm pretty sure thats what they get paid to do......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 18 min RiccardoFire 2,804
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 45 min Pokay 119,280
man for anal play and jerking for woman on skyp... 1 hr oldhorny 1
filters on the new "USAJOBS.gov" site is REAL C... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Michael 679,315
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 4 hr Holy Child Jehowa... 46,219
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 5 hr Tony 6,277
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 hr nanoanomaly 982,144
More from around the web