Why I’m no longer a Christian

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#432076 Jan 2, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Moses and Solomon did. Read the lesser keys of Solomon and the 6th & 7th books of Moses.
Things all wizards are familiar with...tells ya all about how ta conjure and control demons...and by god's chosen hand.
Solomon was very naughty.
I know, lost interest in that stuff long ago. Spirits are liars and nothing but trouble.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#432077 Jan 2, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. The Top Deity in Christianity is neither powerful nor good based on their own Bible.
Thus by "some definitions" is no more a diety than any other in their managerie of supernatural characters.
UH OH!
Git ready fer the POOP throw'n!
LOL!
Don't worry none-I done cast a reflector/deflector spell ta keep it all go'n back from whence it comes. Jist be real careful walk'n through the remnants(they tend ta be pretty heavy sometimes)!

Location hidden

#432078 Jan 2, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, lost interest in that stuff long ago. Spirits are liars and nothing but trouble.
Nah...god jist didn't like him mess'n with the pure Ethiopian descendants of Abraham, that's all. David had the same problem.

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#432079 Jan 2, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Depending on who you believe, they are just fragments of your subconscious mind.

Location hidden

#432080 Jan 2, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Moses and Solomon did. Read the lesser keys of Solomon and the 6th & 7th books of Moses.
Things all wizards are familiar with...tells ya all about how ta conjure and control demons...and by god's chosen hand.
The Old Testament speaks of Solomon being very wise.. And his work with the goetia is still highly regarded among occultists, if I am not mistaken.

Location hidden

#432081 Jan 2, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Still full of pride and arrogance, I see. No wonder you're going to Hell.
I see an interesting pattern here....

Location hidden

#432082 Jan 2, 2013
scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>
The Old Testament speaks of Solomon being very wise.. And his work with the goetia is still highly regarded among occultists, if I am not mistaken.
I guess the question is who and what were the "real" demons that were referred to, and why was Solomon so feared. Surely wasn't his "magic decoder ring", now was it. Heh heh heh...

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#432083 Jan 2, 2013
scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>
Depending on who you believe, they are just fragments of your subconscious mind.
I suppose they would be to someone who has never had that kind of experience.

Happy New Year!!!
Peace <3

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#432084 Jan 2, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not even sure what a Protestant is!
I'll look it up :D
Using a dictionary is a good thing.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#432085 Jan 2, 2013
scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Solomon was very wise, except when it came to falling under the influence of him women.
<3

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#432086 Jan 2, 2013
scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>
*his women.

Location hidden

#432087 Jan 2, 2013
scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>
I see an interesting pattern here....
I noticed it too!
I think that every time his guard falls asleep on the job, he steals his laptop and starts posting his hatred on topix. LOL!

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

#432088 Jan 2, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Her posts say otherwise.
you don't like the fact that WN sees right thru you.

no persecution points to be found on this here thread. sorry

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#432090 Jan 2, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are welcome to spend the winter here, it's in the mid 30's. <smile>
with the wind chill it feels like -3 today.

thanks for the invite! may i please bring the 2 pups?!

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#432091 Jan 2, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Cont......
But have never seen hatred toward Christians such as I have seen in topix, I currently don't have a Pastor and the only one I've ever listened to is not currently in the country or in contact with me and he is not on topix, so I don't agree with your assumption that I get my views from him.
I have exhibited no hatred toward you. If you see hatred in simple opposition then you need to seek counseling. I would suggest someone who actually holds a degree in psychology.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#432092 Jan 2, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
That makes no sense unless you know Hitler's heart but I don't believe you are God. Hitler will no doubt have to answer to God for his sins, as will I, as will you.
you're tap dancing around the issue.

you and other fundies, don't know hitler's heart either. you don't know what mental defects he had. that made him the way he was.

but according to your myth, he gets a free pass for uttering a few words.

where a person who is good, does good works, and leads a moral life helping others, will go to [your] hell for a simple thought crime.

and you wonder why those of us raised with the myth decided to get away from it!

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#432093 Jan 2, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair enough. I just hope you realise that what you just said means you can't judge anyone based on the Bible, only on what they say. I also don't think I said a non Christian 'cannot' judge a Christian, I think I asked "what makes you think you have a right to tell me how to be a Christian", to that question, I could add "when you don't believe in Christianity or the Bible".
I will, thanks <3
just because one doesn't "believe" the bibull, doesn't mean they do not know what it says about the actions and behavior of a believer.

you fundies always bring your measuring stick to the party and then get your panties in a wad when you get smacked with the stick.

in other words you practice........DO AS I SAY, NOT AS I DO behavior.

that don't fly with those who know what the bibull says. even if we don't believe it.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#432094 Jan 2, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I've judged no one, I've not claimed to be more enlightened than anyone, I am not all other Christians you've spoken to and yes I've had a f*cked up life, more than any Christian I've ever met. It's one of the reasons I sometimes feel like I don't fit in but Jesus saved me from myself and what I feel and believe is my own and no one can take it from me. I don't much care wether you think I'm following Jesus or not tbh, to me, you have no credibility at all. Stop projecting your feelings onto me and worry about your own decisions.
I don't need to worry about my decisions. I'm quite happy with them.

Your insecurity about not fitting in is not the problem of anyone on this thread, or anywhere else. It is yours alone to deal with. That's part of the problem with people who have been convinced by someone that they need 'saving' by some outside entity. You did the work. You are responsible for whatever improvement you have made in your life. Support from people is wonderful. Support simply to get you to join their group is not wonderful.

Think about how much YOU did in your own 'salvation'. Give yourself credit for the work YOU did. That is the only way you will ever feel comfortable in the company of those who have convinced you that you they are better than you. It's evident they did, or you wouldn't feel uncomfortable around them.

Give credit where credit is due, but also take credit for your own positive actions. Don't give a deity credit for what you have accomplished or you will always be looking for confirmation.

This is good, mentally healthy advice. Do with it as you choose.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#432095 Jan 2, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Well there was that one time I saw mommy kissing Santa Clause.... but he looked vaguely familiar...
Now that there's funny, I don't care who you are.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#432096 Jan 2, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
It is true for me, just as it is not true for you.........
a child believes monsters are real. that they live under the bed and in the closet.

yet adults know that is simply not true. but to the child it is.

so just because it's true for a child, does that make it real? or fantasy?

a person who suffers from paranoid schizophrenia, believes the voices in his head are real. does that believe make it true????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Stilgar Fifrawi 855,047
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 min lightbeamrider 177,178
Whole Foods finally admits it ripped customers ... 6 min Knock off purse s... 9
"Hey!!!! Do you think I have an ODD-SHAPED HEAD... 8 min Doctor REALITY 32
LOUD CRYIN' SPOILED Black Kids in Wal Mart!!!!! 9 min Knock off purse s... 59
the REAL REASON the state of California lost to... 13 min Knock off purse s... 7
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 14 min PortaBella ITA 612,626
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 40 min USA Born 596,403
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr Brian_G 1,019
More from around the web