Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Why not? Not enough gay bars?
You realize this post says much about you and nothing about me, right?

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
No he isn't. Stop being the dishonest anti-Christian you've proven to be.
Yes he is. The only people who are afraid of Satan are people who believe in Satan. People like you.

To the rest of us it is no different than being afraid of Emperor Palpatine.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't let fake things bother me
You just proved otherwise

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Hehe...and Brats but...I'm good with steak, tenderloin preferred, or pork loin or ribs or angus burgers...or....
Venison chili.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes he is. The only people who are afraid of Satan are people who believe in Satan. People like you.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ah! Palpatine!
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't let fake things bother me.
Clearly your intellect is no bother.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Why not? Not enough gay bars?
I'm in Texas and I have 3 gray bars on my phone right now.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Venison chili.
Of course it is. Put a blanket on that poor deer.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>

It would seem your stock in trade is ignorance and dishonesty.
Nope, I'm not religious at all.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>They won.*doin' the dance!*
Hehehe.

Good.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
You realize this post says much about you and nothing about me, right?
Oh I'm sorry, I thought you already came out.

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you direct me to the "Why I'm no longer an ex-Palpatinian"? I'd like to see fresh samples of your hatred on that thread too.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, I'm not religious at all.
I didn't say you were. I said you were ignorant and dishonest.

Let me know where I'm going wrong, child.

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, I'm not religious at all.
Translation: I'm as much a gutless coward as I can be.

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>He didn't turn your words around. He repeated back to you what you said.

Maybe you didn't mean it the way you wrote it.

No, belief is not truth. It's belief.

Belief can happen without any truth whatsoever. I'll demonstrate for you.

I have a friend who is convinced that aliens are living among us. She has all sorts of things she sees as 'proof'. Her belief is no more valid than yours, nor does it hold any more truth than yours as it has no more actual evidence than yours.

Your 'truth' is very subjective, just as mine is, when it comes to belief in something for which there is no proof to anyone but you or me. I just have the honesty to admit that.

Spiritual truth is individual to each person. It is truth for them and no one else. It is not a universal truth for everyone else or everyone would _know_ exactly the same thing. There would be no use for belief if it were a universal truth (fact). Facts destroy faith, and quite rightfully so. If you had facts, you wouldn't have to state that it's what you believe no matter what anyone else tells you. You could give the evidence for it and everyone else would understand it and call it their truth too.

This is where so many people will call you a liar. I won't call you a liar because you believe and are a Christian. I will say, however, that you are dishonest if you think that you have a universal answer instead of just answers for yourself. All the spiritual questions to which you get answers are for you alone, as you are the one asking the question. You're asking for yourself to understand. You certainly are not asking for everyone else on earth if you are really searching for a spiritual answer to something _you_ don't understand.

When you can understand that you do not have universal answers, and that the term 'personal relationship' may be more truthful than a lot of people realize, then you can step down from the podium and be at peace. You will no longer need to convince others to feel secure and safe in what you believe. It's not a relationship as many people suggest when they say that phrase, but it is deeply personal.

Religion divides humanity. Jesus said we are all children of the most high God. You can continue not to believe that in which you claim to say is your truth, or you can remember that we are all akin to each other. We are all made of the same substance of the universe. We all laugh, cry, dance, love, have sorrows and joys, gain weight when we overeat, cry at sad movies, think babies are wonderful when they smile for the first time or cute when they say their first words.

No one is as different as you would like to claim because they do not believe as do you. We are all human beings. Some people do not recognize the worth within themselves, some people do. There are good and bad people in every walk of life, and in every church and social organization. Those who tend to be good people will take their religious beliefs and try to walk a path that will lead them to be better people. Those who are bad people will use their religion to accommodate and excuse the evil they do and claim that they are 'not perfect, but saved', as if that excuses the pain and destruction they cause.

Jesus only gave two commandments: Love God, love one another. Now, if we as a human race could just obey the latter, there would be no hunger, no division, no holier-than-thous, no need to argue over what rights races have, women have, children have.
I said belief is truth for me.
I've always said and agreed that spiritual truth is individual and do not expect everyone or anyone to believe what I believe, I'm very accepting of others' choices. I have never said or thought that I have universal answers, I have always believed and maintained that faith or non faith and beliefs are deeply personal. I'm not the one on a podium preaching that I'm right, you are though.

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>He didn't turn your words around. He repeated back to you what you said.

Maybe you didn't mean it the way you wrote it.

No, belief is not truth. It's belief.

Belief can happen without any truth whatsoever. I'll demonstrate for you.

I have a friend who is convinced that aliens are living among us. She has all sorts of things she sees as 'proof'. Her belief is no more valid than yours, nor does it hold any more truth than yours as it has no more actual evidence than yours.

Your 'truth' is very subjective, just as mine is, when it comes to belief in something for which there is no proof to anyone but you or me. I just have the honesty to admit that.

Spiritual truth is individual to each person. It is truth for them and no one else. It is not a universal truth for everyone else or everyone would _know_ exactly the same thing. There would be no use for belief if it were a universal truth (fact). Facts destroy faith, and quite rightfully so. If you had facts, you wouldn't have to state that it's what you believe no matter what anyone else tells you. You could give the evidence for it and everyone else would understand it and call it their truth too.

This is where so many people will call you a liar. I won't call you a liar because you believe and are a Christian. I will say, however, that you are dishonest if you think that you have a universal answer instead of just answers for yourself. All the spiritual questions to which you get answers are for you alone, as you are the one asking the question. You're asking for yourself to understand. You certainly are not asking for everyone else on earth if you are really searching for a spiritual answer to something _you_ don't understand.

When you can understand that you do not have universal answers, and that the term 'personal relationship' may be more truthful than a lot of people realize, then you can step down from the podium and be at peace. You will no longer need to convince others to feel secure and safe in what you believe. It's not a relationship as many people suggest when they say that phrase, but it is deeply personal.

Religion divides humanity. Jesus said we are all children of the most high God. You can continue not to believe that in which you claim to say is your truth, or you can remember that we are all akin to each other. We are all made of the same substance of the universe. We all laugh, cry, dance, love, have sorrows and joys, gain weight when we overeat, cry at sad movies, think babies are wonderful when they smile for the first time or cute when they say their first words.

No one is as different as you would like to claim because they do not believe as do you. We are all human beings. Some people do not recognize the worth within themselves, some people do. There are good and bad people in every walk of life, and in every church and social organization. Those who tend to be good people will take their religious beliefs and try to walk a path that will lead them to be better people. Those who are bad people will use their religion to accommodate and excuse the evil they do and claim that they are 'not perfect, but saved', as if that excuses the pain and destruction they cause.

Jesus only gave two commandments: Love God, love one another. Now, if we as a human race could just obey the latter, there would be no hunger, no division, no holier-than-thous, no need to argue over what rights races have, women have, children have.
Yes we are all humans, made of the same stuff and should try not to judge one another, especially over something as personal as faith. I don't use the excuse of "not perfect but saved". I also try my very best not to cause destruction or pain, I'm not built to deliberately hurt others.
I love God and try to love others as well. I agree with most of what you've written in this post, I don't agree with the assumptions you make about me though.

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>I'm in Texas and I have 3 gray bars on my phone right now.
Besides the northeast, Texas has some of the most dense areas of hateful atheists in the country. I suspect your state is rapidly growing in criminal activity.

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Everyone makes bad choices at times in their lives. Not everyone does all of those things listed above.

Many people have never engaged in many of those things, but now that you only engage in 4 of them, you seem to think that you are better than those who don't engage in them (and may never have) and are simply not of the same belief system you have chosen.

This is not following the teachings of Jesus. If you engage in any of them, are you not just the same as someone of a different religion that engages in the four you still claim to engage? Where in the Bible does it say that one 'sin' is less or more than another (other than blasphemy)? Are you sins therefore less than those of someone who does not belong to your religion?

Or do you think because you ask your deity to forgive you that you're okay and they are not? What if they are asking their deity for forgiveness and have as much faith that their sins will be forgiven as you believe yours are?

Out of the 39,000 sects of Christianity, you have chosen one. You are as much an unbeliever to the other 39,000 sects as they think you are. Do you think for a moment that your claims are more valid than theirs? Do you think that the Buddhists are any less valid in their faith than you?

Why do you continue to (and maybe unknowingly and without any true thought on the matter) think that you are so much better now that you are only committing four of those sins? Sin is sin.

While I applaud any improvement you have made in your life, I don't see it as any more worthy of applause than any other person, religious or not, who has made the same improvements. I find that those who have recently become a member of a religion are very prone to seeing themselves as now so much better than those who haven't joined the same sect as to absolutely shine in their own eyes.
I don't think I'm better than anyone, I was making a point to Bog.
I didn't say that my sins are less than other people's, I said I'm always regretful of my sins.

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
You just proved otherwise
No I didn't. You just think I did. You have dain bramage.

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Everyone makes bad choices at times in their lives. Not everyone does all of those things listed above.

Many people have never engaged in many of those things, but now that you only engage in 4 of them, you seem to think that you are better than those who don't engage in them (and may never have) and are simply not of the same belief system you have chosen.

This is not following the teachings of Jesus. If you engage in any of them, are you not just the same as someone of a different religion that engages in the four you still claim to engage? Where in the Bible does it say that one 'sin' is less or more than another (other than blasphemy)? Are you sins therefore less than those of someone who does not belong to your religion?

Or do you think because you ask your deity to forgive you that you're okay and they are not? What if they are asking their deity for forgiveness and have as much faith that their sins will be forgiven as you believe yours are?

Out of the 39,000 sects of Christianity, you have chosen one. You are as much an unbeliever to the other 39,000 sects as they think you are. Do you think for a moment that your claims are more valid than theirs? Do you think that the Buddhists are any less valid in their faith than you?

Why do you continue to (and maybe unknowingly and without any true thought on the matter) think that you are so much better now that you are only committing four of those sins? Sin is sin.

While I applaud any improvement you have made in your life, I don't see it as any more worthy of applause than any other person, religious or not, who has made the same improvements. I find that those who have recently become a member of a religion are very prone to seeing themselves as now so much better than those who haven't joined the same sect as to absolutely shine in their own eyes.
I never said that anyone else is not forgiven and I am, I couldn't possibly know that, I'm not God.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Buck Crick 732,534
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min seriously the ori... 538,612
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 min Dave Nelson 226,164
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 9 min WasteWater 94,611
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 13 min WasteWater 4,312
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 14 min Dr_Zorderz 257,764
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 18 min NEWS-FLASH 173,258
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Epiphany2 599,750
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••