|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
It is true for me, just as it is not true for you. That's all I'm saying. Turning my words around to suit you doesn't change that. Fantasy is 'your' word, not mine. Unless someone proves there is no God at all, or there was no Jesus at all, which has not yet happened, no matter what 'theories' one wishes to use in this greatest of all debates, then in the Christian scenario, belief is truth. As is non belief. I'm sure you know that.
He didn't turn your words around. He repeated back to you what you said.

Maybe you didn't mean it the way you wrote it.

No, belief is not truth. It's belief.

Belief can happen without any truth whatsoever. I'll demonstrate for you.

I have a friend who is convinced that aliens are living among us. She has all sorts of things she sees as 'proof'. Her belief is no more valid than yours, nor does it hold any more truth than yours as it has no more actual evidence than yours.

Your 'truth' is very subjective, just as mine is, when it comes to belief in something for which there is no proof to anyone but you or me. I just have the honesty to admit that.

Spiritual truth is individual to each person. It is truth for them and no one else. It is not a universal truth for everyone else or everyone would _know_ exactly the same thing. There would be no use for belief if it were a universal truth (fact). Facts destroy faith, and quite rightfully so. If you had facts, you wouldn't have to state that it's what you believe no matter what anyone else tells you. You could give the evidence for it and everyone else would understand it and call it their truth too.

This is where so many people will call you a liar. I won't call you a liar because you believe and are a Christian. I will say, however, that you are dishonest if you think that you have a universal answer instead of just answers for yourself. All the spiritual questions to which you get answers are for you alone, as you are the one asking the question. You're asking for yourself to understand. You certainly are not asking for everyone else on earth if you are really searching for a spiritual answer to something _you_ don't understand.

When you can understand that you do not have universal answers, and that the term 'personal relationship' may be more truthful than a lot of people realize, then you can step down from the podium and be at peace. You will no longer need to convince others to feel secure and safe in what you believe. It's not a relationship as many people suggest when they say that phrase, but it is deeply personal.

Religion divides humanity. Jesus said we are all children of the most high God. You can continue not to believe that in which you claim to say is your truth, or you can remember that we are all akin to each other. We are all made of the same substance of the universe. We all laugh, cry, dance, love, have sorrows and joys, gain weight when we overeat, cry at sad movies, think babies are wonderful when they smile for the first time or cute when they say their first words.

No one is as different as you would like to claim because they do not believe as do you. We are all human beings. Some people do not recognize the worth within themselves, some people do. There are good and bad people in every walk of life, and in every church and social organization. Those who tend to be good people will take their religious beliefs and try to walk a path that will lead them to be better people. Those who are bad people will use their religion to accommodate and excuse the evil they do and claim that they are 'not perfect, but saved', as if that excuses the pain and destruction they cause.

Jesus only gave two commandments: Love God, love one another. Now, if we as a human race could just obey the latter, there would be no hunger, no division, no holier-than-thous, no need to argue over what rights races have, women have, children have.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. I would very much be a non-Christian if Christianity is simply the province of organized religion. I believe Christ's real message has been drowned out by beliefs and dogmatic thought.
Happy New Year to you too.
Blessings.
Jesus would be appalled to find how his words have been 'discerned' by most Christians. He would weep at the use of his words to treat others so badly.

And he wouldn't recognize Christianity as anything he taught at all. He would also know that his death would be eminent if he taught it again today. And that death would come from some of those who claim to be his followers.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I just had a revelation reading your post.
Christianity has nothing to do with believing in God and Jesus. It is believing in Constantine's Bible (and it it's variants) and however a particular sect interprets it. Nothing more.
Note that they defend the Bible (esp. GoJohn and Paul) more than Jesus and God.
I have been bashed more for my rejection of PAul than mt Rejection of the ressurection. Go figure.
There ya go!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I want a Sloppy Joe with cheese whiz.
Looks like I'll have to go shopping tomorrow. Sloppy Joes are a delicacy.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Juicylu wrote:
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Even those who engage in sexual immorality, impurity, promiscuity, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, rivalry, jealously, outbursts of anger, quarrels, conflicts, factions, envy, murder, drunkenness, wild partying, and things like that.?
Out of the 16 things you have listed,(yes I engaged in all of them before I accepted Jesus), I only still engage in 4. Maybe in another 3 years I'll be ok :D
Everyone makes bad choices at times in their lives. Not everyone does all of those things listed above.

Many people have never engaged in many of those things, but now that you only engage in 4 of them, you seem to think that you are better than those who don't engage in them (and may never have) and are simply not of the same belief system you have chosen.

This is not following the teachings of Jesus. If you engage in any of them, are you not just the same as someone of a different religion that engages in the four you still claim to engage? Where in the Bible does it say that one 'sin' is less or more than another (other than blasphemy)? Are you sins therefore less than those of someone who does not belong to your religion?

Or do you think because you ask your deity to forgive you that you're okay and they are not? What if they are asking their deity for forgiveness and have as much faith that their sins will be forgiven as you believe yours are?

Out of the 39,000 sects of Christianity, you have chosen one. You are as much an unbeliever to the other 39,000 sects as they think you are. Do you think for a moment that your claims are more valid than theirs? Do you think that the Buddhists are any less valid in their faith than you?

Why do you continue to (and maybe unknowingly and without any true thought on the matter) think that you are so much better now that you are only committing four of those sins? Sin is sin.

While I applaud any improvement you have made in your life, I don't see it as any more worthy of applause than any other person, religious or not, who has made the same improvements. I find that those who have recently become a member of a religion are very prone to seeing themselves as now so much better than those who haven't joined the same sect as to absolutely shine in their own eyes.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Absolutely. They hold the same weight as when you spoke them. Imagine that.
Stolen words never carry the same weight in the hands of the thief, goofy.

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Franny Cunningham wrote:
<quoted text>
Take your pick
http://i.imgur.com/QgxTE.jpg
I take Jesus. He has already won against your evil satan.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Not only do we not know what's "out there", we have no idea how to describe it, yet some are willing to do just that, believe that it's real, and do what it says.

That's insane.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol...you mean the posts where you accuse me of being someone else? Or the posts where you accuse and ridicule me about me not knowing where I live or what the time is? Or do you mean the hundreds of posts where you display your blatant hatred of Christians in general? Or do you mean the hundreds of posts where you attack others in the exact same manner with which you've attacked me? Or the many posts where you strawman any one who catches you out in your hypocrisy? Why would I bother? I will look through my posts and see where I have ever claimed to "hate Catholics" though, I pretty sure I've ever only expressed distaste for the Catholic Denomination and teachings though, not individual people. Someone told me not to engage you at all, I only wish I'd listened. I think maybe you might be too set in your ways to have civil and rational conversations with anyone who doesn't agree with you or maybe you are just what I've seen other people call you, I don't know. I'm not copying and pasting your hateful words again, last time I did that I found it was not a very good idea.

I didn't lie about you and the time and place you live.

In your own post you agreed that the time there was the same as EST time here. Then, in a subsequent post, you adjusted the time to agree with CST here. And you don't think we should be suspicious of that?

I have never shown 'blatant hatred of Christians'. I have shown blatant disgust with some Christians. There are Christians here, like NoStress4me, Senecus and others that I not only admire for their effort to truly try and follow Jesus' teachings, but like very much as well. So that is either a lack of observation on your part, or dishonesty.

People who tell you who to engage are trying to control you, nothing more. They dislike me for the same reason you do. I have pointed out your dishonesty. You don't like that and call it an attack. I have found, through 66 years of living that people who tell you who you should or should not talk to are people who are insecure, domineering, and power hogs. I would never tell you with whom you should converse. I figure you probably have enough sense to make that decision on your own.

You can copy/paste my words any time you like. Just don't copy/paste part of them out of context.

You came here with an attitude. That attitude turned into the same nasty, hate-filled posts that I truly expect from most Topix Christians.

Maybe you should take the time to read the remarks of some of the Christians who never resort to that kind of thing. Maybe you should read the actual content of their posts to see how they converse with others, both Christians and non-Christians. I would specifically like you to look at their responses to those who really do attack them. Most of the people who attack them the most are other Christians, because they will not engage in the same bad behavior of the ugliest of Christians.

NoStress4Me has been ruthlessly attacked by other Christians because she turns the other cheek, tries to learn from everyone she meets and is truly a nice person to everyone. She tries to follow Jesus' teachings in every post. So does Senecus. I would suggest you look at their responses to those who have truly shown hatred toward them. I have never seen either of them preach to anyone. I have seen them discuss, listen, respond...all with respect and kindness no matter the content of the post to which they are responding. If I were going to ask anyone about belief, faith and what Christianity is, they would be the people I would ask. But I don't have to ask them. They live it.

Most of my family and friends are Christians. I have never once had one of my children, my parents or my friends behave as you have behaved here. If I were going to return to Christianity, I would look to them for support. I would never look to you for support. Does that in any way seep into your thinking process?

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

love_spell wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO, southern baptists are the worst emtionally abusive people to children.
Most of the killings occur in the atheist-infested northeast, not the south.

Any other made up stuff you care to share?

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Looks like I'll have to go shopping tomorrow. Sloppy Joes are a delicacy.
Talking to your sock again, I see.

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Earth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>I take Jesus. He has already won against your evil satan.
Me too.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Stolen words never carry the same weight
It's called a dictionary...

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Just Results wrote:
I take Jesus. He has already won against your evil satan.
You should take your meds.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate no one except for satan maybe. You be crazy lady. Cannot have serious discussion with you at all. Go to see Doctor Shrink, maybe he help you be not crazy.
You yourself said you hate Catholics. Am I to assume that you were speaking in tongues and meant something else?

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Tide with Beach wrote:
Not only do we not know what's "out there", we have no idea how to describe it, yet some are willing to do just that, believe that it's real, and do what it says.
That's insane.
Bam!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
He has already won against your evil satan.
Two cartoons fighting each other. Sounds like Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner....

I choose the road runner.... Beep Beep...!!!

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>It's called a dictionary...
No. It's called theft. And the thief's character, when noticed, affect the value of the stolen words.

Thief.

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Two cartoons fighting each other. Sounds like Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner....
I choose the road runner.... Beep Beep...!!!
You keep running into the fake tunnel.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think any such thing, I don't think that anybody is better than anyone, I just think that as a Christian, I am more likely to listen to another Christian, not someone who isn't a Christian, a non Christian, IMHO, has no place preaching on how to be a Christian, by all means individual beliefs are all valid to me but you chose your path so stick to it and leave others to choose their own. I don't have to or want to convince you or anyone of anything at all, I just don't like the way you assume to know me and flat out lie about nearly everything I post, it's creepy, obsessive and tiring. I owe you nothing.
I actually don't think you're trying to convince me or anyone else. I think you're trying to convince yourself.

You don't think non-Christians should 'preach' to you, but you feel it's perfectly okay for you as a Christian to preach to non-Christians. You know nothing more about those individuals than they know about you. But this is the irony of fundamentalist Christianity. They have the 'right' to do as they please, but others don't have that same right.

Here in the US, everyone is allowed the right of opinion, and allowed to speak it. It is not a God-given right, but a Constitutionally given right.

I don't like the way you assume to know what every non-Christian is, based only on _your_ past behavior. Many of us have lived very boring lives compared to yours if you say you have committed all 16 of the sins but one in that Bible verse. I know I have. But for some reason, you judge that others are not as enlightened as you because you've 'accepted Jesus', even though many of us were Christians for decades. That is the reason we know when you are following Jesus as you claim, and when you are not.

Like I said, everyone makes mistakes. Every single person on earth makes mistakes. Religion and 'accepting Jesus' does not change that. You will always make mistakes and if you have been given the impression that at some point in life you will not do so because of your acceptance of Jesus, you were badly misinformed. However, it is good to strive not to continue in things you know are morally and ethically wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 407,861 - 407,880 of440,826
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

417 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min marge 532,257
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 17 min Dalit Trolls Fixers 114,935
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 22 min Hidingfromyou 719,843
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 27 min Richardfs 223,976
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 29 min bacon hater 93,649
Friends who want to share daily living experiences (Oct '11) 47 min Just Wondering 8,187
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr Vinod S 4,444
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 256,338
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr UidiotRaceMakeWorldPeace1 172,192
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••