Why I’m no longer a Christian

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#432060 Jan 2, 2013
G. Angels and demons are messengers, guardian spirits, malevolent spirits etc...not Deities or gods or God, not divine or immortal or to be worshipped.

In ancient Greece a Daimon, as they were called, was considered neither good nor evil. These were considered to be "guardian spirits" and everyone had one. Demons were not labeled evil until dualistic religions came into being and all spiritual beings were labeled either good or evil. This was when demons gained the reputation of trying to keep man from having a bond with god.

Different cultures view spiritual matters and even spiritual beings differently. What may be a god in one culture, another may view as a devil. Angels, demons, djinn, devas, and fay are all basically the same but are rooted in varying cultures and traditions.

In Pythagoreanism angels and demons are reputed to dwell in the air, in between gods and men. This is why demons, as well as angels, are usually depicted with wings.

A demon is the same as an angel usually. The word angel is translated from the word Malakh, which comes from the Greek "angelos". The Malakh is the dark side of god. This is the side which faces and interacts with humans. Since it is turned away from divinity, it eventually became associated with evil.

There are differences between angels and true demons. The main difference lies in the fact that a demon is usually a being that holds power or influence over the negative side of divinity and life.

Demons are also guides to the transformational process which lies in the underworld and death. Demons are represented as "Fallen Angels". A demon is actually a mediator of darkness, a "Dark Angel" in essence. These angels did not "fall" as is popularly believed. They "descended" to become the Keepers of the mysteries of the underworld.

The term "dark angel" is not limited to the fallen angels known as demons. There are other types of dark angels. These are the ones that do not reside in the underworld, but are possessed of dual natures, nonetheless. The dark side of these angels carry destructiuon. This is the negative side of the spiritual. The spiritual world, as well as the physical world, must have positive and negative in order to operate correctly.

The angels are also said to carry the swords of punishment. They are also keepers of the legends and secrets.

http://tribes.tribe.net/b9b544af-89e5-4aa7-8d...

Location hidden

#432061 Jan 2, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
No it is not.
I will respect your person-just not your choices.
Fair enough.
Happy New Year!!!
<3

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#432062 Jan 2, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair enough.
Happy New Year!!!
<3
AYE!
You too sis!
Make it a good one!

Location hidden

#432063 Jan 2, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
G. Angels and demons are messengers, guardian spirits, malevolent spirits etc...not Deities or gods or God, not divine or immortal or to be worshipped.
In ancient Greece a Daimon, as they were called, was considered neither good nor evil. These were considered to be "guardian spirits" and everyone had one. Demons were not labeled evil until dualistic religions came into being and all spiritual beings were labeled either good or evil. This was when demons gained the reputation of trying to keep man from having a bond with god.
Different cultures view spiritual matters and even spiritual beings differently. What may be a god in one culture, another may view as a devil. Angels, demons, djinn, devas, and fay are all basically the same but are rooted in varying cultures and traditions.
In Pythagoreanism angels and demons are reputed to dwell in the air, in between gods and men. This is why demons, as well as angels, are usually depicted with wings.
A demon is the same as an angel usually. The word angel is translated from the word Malakh, which comes from the Greek "angelos". The Malakh is the dark side of god. This is the side which faces and interacts with humans. Since it is turned away from divinity, it eventually became associated with evil.
There are differences between angels and true demons. The main difference lies in the fact that a demon is usually a being that holds power or influence over the negative side of divinity and life.
Demons are also guides to the transformational process which lies in the underworld and death. Demons are represented as "Fallen Angels". A demon is actually a mediator of darkness, a "Dark Angel" in essence. These angels did not "fall" as is popularly believed. They "descended" to become the Keepers of the mysteries of the underworld.
The term "dark angel" is not limited to the fallen angels known as demons. There are other types of dark angels. These are the ones that do not reside in the underworld, but are possessed of dual natures, nonetheless. The dark side of these angels carry destructiuon. This is the negative side of the spiritual. The spiritual world, as well as the physical world, must have positive and negative in order to operate correctly.
The angels are also said to carry the swords of punishment. They are also keepers of the legends and secrets.
http://tribes.tribe.net/b9b544af-89e5-4aa7-8d...
That should prove to you that religions and their organizations simply coin regurgitated beliefs and myths to suit their own purpose and agenda.

Location hidden

#432064 Jan 2, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
That should prove to you that religions and their organizations simply coin regurgitated beliefs and myths to suit their own purpose and agenda.
I don't think so.
Believe what you like luv, but angels and demons are messengers, guardian spirits, malevolent spirits etc....
Not gods, divine, immortal, God.
Hermes = god Mars = Herme's messenger
God Angels = God's servants
Fallen angels = demons = malevolent spirits.
Cupid = messenger angel
Pagans and Christians actually agree on this, which is why I've provided links for both.
It's all there for anyone to read, Angels and demons were around way before Christianity. I've always been fascinated with them.
People in history have been "tricked " into worshipping demons but that still don't make them God or gods, they're just lying lower caste malevolent spirits, like statan.
Peace <3

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#432065 Jan 2, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, for all intent, it is. That depending on the sovereign state, and the laws passed in it's behalf(according to that's states law).
It is not unusual for individuals to have higher or lower standards in it's presence...so long as the individual does not break any "law" in it's regard.
Law does not dictate morality.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#432066 Jan 2, 2013
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I miss something?
I don't think I said that.
You said
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
You have concluded, I take it, that the most virtuous and admirable demographic of all is --

Yours.

Somehow I'm not surprised.
Which leaves me to conclude that "virtuous and admirable" could be the morals for the demographic in which you mentioned. If that demographic has it's own set of "morals" then doesn't that mean that other demographics also have their own seperate sets of morals as well?

Location hidden

#432067 Jan 2, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Law does not dictate morality.
Which is exactly what I stated in so many words.

Location hidden

#432068 Jan 2, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think so.
Believe what you like luv, but angels and demons are messengers, guardian spirits, malevolent spirits etc....
Not gods, divine, immortal, God.
Hermes = god Mars = Herme's messenger
God Angels = God's servants
Fallen angels = demons = malevolent spirits.
Cupid = messenger angel
Pagans and Christians actually agree on this, which is why I've provided links for both.
It's all there for anyone to read, Angels and demons were around way before Christianity. I've always been fascinated with them.
People in history have been "tricked " into worshipping demons but that still don't make them God or gods, they're just lying lower caste malevolent spirits, like statan.
Peace <3
Well, you jist conjure me one up and send it over here...I'll take care of the rest. OK?

Just Results

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#432069 Jan 2, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I have not noticed that.
But I have noticed that ignorant or angry people quickly expose themselves regardless of their beliefs.
Just like you.
Awww. Are you mad because I keep exposing your love for wickedness?

Location hidden

#432070 Jan 2, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Well, you jist conjure me one up and send it over here...I'll take care of the rest. OK?
Lol...I don't do that..........

Just Results

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#432071 Jan 2, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
According to your 66 books, your deity leaves a LOT to be desired in the realm of deity and worship.---I'll pass on that one.
Still full of pride and arrogance, I see. No wonder you're going to Hell.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#432072 Jan 2, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> That's not the half of it.
We are talking about the [supreme] deity here...no defects or flaws...I can NOT regard this deity (crister) as the [perfect] deity by it's own book's descriptive passages...in fact, it proves exactly the opposite.
In fact, I hold my own actions and behavior above the deity portrayed in the book.
How could one possibly even accept-let alone worship such an atrocious entity? I can not-and will not.
Agreed. The Top Deity in Christianity is neither powerful nor good based on their own Bible.

Thus by "some definitions" is no more a diety than any other in their managerie of supernatural characters.

Location hidden

#432073 Jan 2, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol...I don't do that..........
Moses and Solomon did. Read the lesser keys of Solomon and the 6th & 7th books of Moses.

Things all wizards are familiar with...tells ya all about how ta conjure and control demons...and by god's chosen hand.

“What do I know?”

Since: Apr 08

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#432074 Jan 2, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>You said<quoted text>
Which leaves me to conclude that "virtuous and admirable" could be the morals for the demographic in which you mentioned. If that demographic has it's own set of "morals" then doesn't that mean that other demographics also have their own seperate sets of morals as well?
I used the words "virtuous" and "admirable" in their common, colloquial sense only; meaning, praiseworthy. Worthy of emulation.

You seem to have some sort of transcendent meaning in mind, and you seem to be driving toward a point of some sort.

What might that be?

Location hidden

#432076 Jan 2, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Moses and Solomon did. Read the lesser keys of Solomon and the 6th & 7th books of Moses.
Things all wizards are familiar with...tells ya all about how ta conjure and control demons...and by god's chosen hand.
Solomon was very naughty.
I know, lost interest in that stuff long ago. Spirits are liars and nothing but trouble.

Location hidden

#432077 Jan 2, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. The Top Deity in Christianity is neither powerful nor good based on their own Bible.
Thus by "some definitions" is no more a diety than any other in their managerie of supernatural characters.
UH OH!
Git ready fer the POOP throw'n!
LOL!
Don't worry none-I done cast a reflector/deflector spell ta keep it all go'n back from whence it comes. Jist be real careful walk'n through the remnants(they tend ta be pretty heavy sometimes)!

Location hidden

#432078 Jan 2, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, lost interest in that stuff long ago. Spirits are liars and nothing but trouble.
Nah...god jist didn't like him mess'n with the pure Ethiopian descendants of Abraham, that's all. David had the same problem.

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#432079 Jan 2, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Depending on who you believe, they are just fragments of your subconscious mind.

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#432080 Jan 2, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Old Testament speaks of Solomon being very wise.. And his work with the goetia is still highly regarded among occultists, if I am not mistaken.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 6 min old_moose 36,196
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 36 min Chuck 688,471
How did black people get here ( economically) 1 hr Doctor REALITY 60
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr scienceanswersall 6,540
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr scienceanswersall 988,404
United 175 hit the south [email protected] 10 hr Doctor REALITY 2
What was the Vegas mass murderer's REAL problem? 10 hr Doctor REALITY 15
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 14 hr scienceanswersall 619,813
More from around the web