|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey...I forgot to tell you my good news. I got a certificate in the mail Friday. When I opened it..my mouth dropped..I made The DEANS LIST my first semester in college...yipppeeeee!!!!!!! Grade point average of 3.40 I was shocked but the proof is hanging right above my computer. hard work truly pays off :)
BINGO!!
^5
Rosa Winkel

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
No wonder yanks hate Christians, there's not a lot of that in Oz, or Christians blowing places up, picketing, carrying on like Westboro. Yuck.... Have u seen Red State?
Westboro wanted to picket Heath Ledger's funeral AND the 2009 Bushfire Memorial. Our govt denied them visas, 1 thing they did right.

“Which "god"?”

Since: Dec 12

Hell, Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>Westboro wanted to picket Heath Ledger's funeral AND the 2009 Bushfire Memorial. Our govt denied them visas, 1 thing they did right.
Tards....

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Have a lucky 2013.
AYE!

An the very same ta you---13 fold!
Stow yer cannons an bring 'er about!

There's spirits fer everone!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I bet you have been in the barrel a bunch huh Waste... LOL
No my barrel is full of crap to dump on indoctrinated clowns.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Westboro wanted to picket Heath Ledger's funeral AND the 2009 Bushfire Memorial. Our govt denied them visas,
I thought they were supposed to remove their church status because so many people complained about them?

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Here we are at another year’s end, and a new beginning. If I remember right we have survived the world coming to an end twice this year. I wonder if the folks that bought pet insurance the first time around from atheists are still covered….I know that most of you say that topix is just a place to waste time, and one can’t take much from here, but I personally have not found that to be so. There are several of you on here that I whole heartedly consider friends. I think that it is a unique experience to read and write in a place where age and circumstance do not stand in the way of a discussion. Many of you have much more knowledge than I do in the area’s that I have been questioning, yet have not made me feel ignorant for my asking. I truly appreciate that.

I went back and found my post from last year’s new year and read it (included at the bottom of this post). CS seems to have started something of a tradition for me when it comes to topix. A yearly question of:“Why am I here in topix land, and am I still gaining anything by reading and posting here?”

The why is easy for me.
I still have questions, and am very thankful that DoC started a place to discuss them. Looking into those questions, prompts more questions than answers for me…..I find that to be a good thing.

What am I gaining?
All of the posters on here have helped me to look just a bit deeper within, as to why I personally question what I do.
That even includes folks like Clown, for as much as his post’s sometimes offend me…I chuckle a lot more now at his posts than become offended.(That was not the case in the past.) I have always known that people are simply people, but I had a very difficult time reading fundamentalists post’s (still have issues, just not as much). I had always believed that what made me personally unique from people that behaved in that manner, was my faith in God. Reading such behavior from a Christian, truly gave me pause. When my feathers get ruffled on here, most don’t even realize it. So to read such condescending (I could use more descriptive words here, but will not) post’s from fellow Christians when they get upset, truly hit home to me. I had to leave Topix for a few months the first time a Christian told me I was going to hell on here because I questioned them.
Cont....

Ann Arbor, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

I believe that the people that like to point fingers, play the blame game, and scorn others for their opinions or beliefs are doing more harm to themselves than others, regardless of faith or opinion. In my own opinion, they have closed themselves off to life. I can not imagine living a life where I dislike someone just because of their belief/opinion. I find it amazing that some seem to prescribe, don’t question just believe. If you do not question, how do you know what you believe?
So in the spirit of last year going to give a shout out to my peeps, new and old:
I hope I don’t miss anyone!
DoC -thank you for starting all of this, Water- as always thank you for being you and sharing what you do, Mac-thank you for the laughs and laughs, X-thank you for making me mad at first and making more sense now, AnnieJ- you are a light my friend, Hagen-miss you here girl, Mr. Wiggley you were one of the newbie’s last year - I truly enjoy reading you, Huh - thank you for being so blunt, Disgusted - where are you?, BT42 - don‘t think you are as simple as you lead others to read, SatansDaughter- it was good to see you posting again, Ooogah - still have not found the tea pot my friend, Wilderide - always a pleasure to read you here and wish you would post more, BlackSheep - miss you man, HipG - always a pleasure to read, Love_spell - wishing you and yours all the best, NorCal - I hope you are safe and thank you for your service, BBJ - where the heck are ya?, Allen(?) who are you now, MoonWindDancer - you were the first to comment to me and wish you well, AC - trying to learn by osmosis…I don’t think its going so well, G_O_D you were a newbie last year as well - thank you for making me think my friend, Kitten - we have not typed much - but I like you, Kait - you make me blush, T-Clown not sure what to say other than the thread would not be the same without you, Grace - I honestly like reading you, WasteWater - never typed you but welcome newbie, Mylan - Welcome newbie and I have enjoyed our discussions so far, and Juicylu welcome to the thread.
Wishing *everyone* a happy and healthy new year! Here is to more question’s than answers my friends ;O) I am out of time as I have to pop the Champaign….
All that is left to say is…..Hagen’s Fault!!!
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TSHQAVD...

Ann Arbor, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

I don'tthink my fist post posted sorry:
Here we are at another year’s end, and a new beginning. If I remember right we have survived the world coming to an end twice this year. I wonder if the folks that bought pet insurance the first time around from atheists are still covered….I know that most of you say that topix is just a place to waste time, and one can’t take much from here, but I personally have not found that to be so. There are several of you on here that I whole heartedly consider friends. I think that it is a unique experience to read and write in a place where age and circumstance do not stand in the way of a discussion. Many of you have much more knowledge than I do in the area’s that I have been questioning, yet have not made me feel ignorant for my asking. I truly appreciate that.

I went back and found my post from last year’s new year and read it (included at the bottom of this post). CS seems to have started something of a tradition for me when it comes to topix. A yearly question of:“Why am I here in topix land, and am I still gaining anything by reading and posting here?”

The why is easy for me.
I still have questions, and am very thankful that DoC started a place to discuss them. Looking into those questions, prompts more questions than answers for me…..I find that to be a good thing.

What am I gaining?
All of the posters on here have helped me to look just a bit deeper within, as to why I personally question what I do.
That even includes folks like Clown, for as much as his post’s sometimes offend me…I chuckle a lot more now at his posts than become offended.(That was not the case in the past.) I have always known that people are simply people, but I had a very difficult time reading fundamentalists post’s (still have issues, just not as much). I had always believed that what made me personally unique from people that behaved in that manner, was my faith in God. Reading such behavior from a Christian, truly gave me pause. When my feathers get ruffled on here, most don’t even realize it. So to read such condescending (I could use more descriptive words here, but will not) post’s from fellow Christians when they get upset, truly hit home to me. I had to leave Topix for a few months the first time a Christian told me I was going to hell on here because I questioned them.

“Which "god"?”

Hell, Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

NoStress4me wrote:
I believe that the people that like to point fingers, play the blame game, and scorn others for their opinions or beliefs are doing more harm to themselves than others, regardless of faith or opinion. In my own opinion, they have closed themselves off to life. I can not imagine living a life where I dislike someone just because of their belief/opinion. I find it amazing that some seem to prescribe, don’t question just believe. If you do not question, how do you know what you believe?
So in the spirit of last year going to give a shout out to my peeps, new and old:
I hope I don’t miss anyone!
DoC -thank you for starting all of this, Water- as always thank you for being you and sharing what you do, Mac-thank you for the laughs and laughs, X-thank you for making me mad at first and making more sense now, AnnieJ- you are a light my friend, Hagen-miss you here girl, Mr. Wiggley you were one of the newbie’s last year - I truly enjoy reading you, Huh - thank you for being so blunt, Disgusted - where are you?, BT42 - don‘t think you are as simple as you lead others to read, SatansDaughter- it was good to see you posting again, Ooogah - still have not found the tea pot my friend, Wilderide - always a pleasure to read you here and wish you would post more, BlackSheep - miss you man, HipG - always a pleasure to read, Love_spell - wishing you and yours all the best, NorCal - I hope you are safe and thank you for your service, BBJ - where the heck are ya?, Allen(?) who are you now, MoonWindDancer - you were the first to comment to me and wish you well, AC - trying to learn by osmosis…I don’t think its going so well, G_O_D you were a newbie last year as well - thank you for making me think my friend, Kitten - we have not typed much - but I like you, Kait - you make me blush, T-Clown not sure what to say other than the thread would not be the same without you, Grace - I honestly like reading you, WasteWater - never typed you but welcome newbie, Mylan - Welcome newbie and I have enjoyed our discussions so far, and Juicylu welcome to the thread.
Wishing *everyone* a happy and healthy new year! Here is to more question’s than answers my friends ;O) I am out of time as I have to pop the Champaign….
All that is left to say is…..Hagen’s Fault!!!
That's really beautiful. Happy New Year to you <3

Ann Arbor, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Gerr…sorry for the repeat folks <<blush>>

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

NoStress4me wrote:
I don'tthink my fist post posted sorry:
I went back and found my post from last year’s new year and read it (included at the bottom of this post). CS seems to have started something of a tradition for me when it comes to topix. A yearly question of:“Why am I here in topix land, and am I still gaining anything by reading and posting here?The why is easy for me.
What am I gaining?
You're good people, Stressy.

“Paul is a confessed liar”

Since: Jul 11

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> I honestly don't know anything about the Pantera myth. Could you supply me a link?
I've learned a lot here the last few days. That's the reason I love for X, Chess Jurist, HipG and others to join us now and again. They're not here nearly often enough.
When they are in a converstation, I just sort of sit in the background in awe.
Try this one:

http://www.answering-islam.org/Shamoun/talmud...

“Paul is a confessed liar”

Since: Jul 11

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>what authorities? Did you report your own hate-filled posts while you were at it?
It's odd that you can't allow others to have an opinion without reporting them. Are you that insecure?
Is your God that insecure?
His deity relies on imaginary police. LOL

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Well folks,it's not really the New year according to Gods way.God's new year does not start in the dead of winter when everything is dead and frozen over. Gods new year starts in the spring when new life is coming forth and everyting is bursting forth with new life.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

NoStress4me wrote:
Gerr…sorry for the repeat folks <<blush>>
It's worth reading twice. Well stated. Best of health in 2013 and beyond for you and your loved ones.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

May not reallybe the new year according to Gods standards but I'm gonna prepare a feast for dinner anyhow today,LOL.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 407,821 - 407,840 of440,861
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

506 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 min Petesake Liverpool ip 109,851
chat with demi lovato 112 (the real official de... (Jan '09) 3 min bibi 1,911
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min It aint necessarily so 681,018
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 13 min VIKING WARRIOR 596,640
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 32 min KiMare 217,342
body to body massage abu-dhabi.massage at abu d... (May '13) 35 min sex massage serves 38
Do you enjoy seeing your sister nude / naked? (Sep '13) 43 min justme 179
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr truth 512,402
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 2 hr nikeelite0193 291
•••
•••
•••