Comments
407,821 - 407,840 of 441,187 Comments Last updated 15 hrs ago

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

#431886 Jan 1, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Then why do you hate those who are trying to follow his teachings, but just in a different way than you?
Are you less sinful than a Catholic? A Baptist? A Mormon? A Methodist? What separates you and makes you better than them? What separates you from the other 38,999 sects of Christianity in which you don't believe and makes you better? Are some of them not doing the very same thing you are doing and trying to become a better person because of their faith?
It's quite easy to divide and separate in Christianity, while at the same time counting all those others as Christians when making a point about how many people follow Jesus.
It's also quite easy to judge that other Christians are less than you because you've been taught that they are not 'true' Christians while not even knowing the book you claim to follow, much less the history of your religion.
I know. I've been there. I choose not to be there any more. I also choose not to think that I am more important to God than another person. I choose not to preach anything. I choose to find for myself what works for me, and keep silent so that others can find what works for them. But if you claim to worship the God of the Bible and follow the teachings of Jesus, and don't, I'll be more than happy to show you that you don't.
I hate no one except for satan maybe. You be crazy lady. Cannot have serious discussion with you at all. Go to see Doctor Shrink, maybe he help you be not crazy.

Earth

#431887 Jan 1, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are wrong. That's all I'm saying.
In time you will understand.
Ok. I guess time will tell.

Earth

#431888 Jan 1, 2013
Fart HU wrote:
<quoted text>
don't LIE mister Bo
there is 41 001 sects in america and world
so
Maybe God help your brain to throw away all those devil spirits who Lie to you and others
Doc, can you please at least tell me how many personas you have? I won't tell anyone, oh and, lol.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#431889 Jan 1, 2013
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never been able to rid myself of the wearing of loud Hawaiian shirts.
Thou shalt not wear Hawaiian shirts unless thou also owneth a surfboard. Thus sayeth the Big Kahuna.- Don Ho

May you be blessed with tiny bubbles and mondo curls

Location hidden

#431890 Jan 1, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll let your editing of my post and your theft of my words speak for themselves.
Absolutely. They hold the same weight as when you spoke them. Imagine that.

Earth

#431891 Jan 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Any "christian" who has a different interpretaion from another "christian" is not a "christian".
That is why there are 38K sects claiming they are the only "Real Christians".
Not to this Christian, teachings maybe but not individual believers.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#431892 Jan 1, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Even those who engage in sexual immorality, impurity, promiscuity, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, rivalry, jealously, outbursts of anger, quarrels, conflicts, factions, envy, murder, drunkenness, wild partying, and things like that.?
Out of the 16 things you have listed,(yes I engaged in all of them before I accepted Jesus), I only still engage in 4. Maybe in another 3 years I'll be ok :D
I'm at 10 working on 11. Only one on my "never list".

You near Philly ? I can help with you a couple. LOL

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#431893 Jan 1, 2013
Bird missionaries in China?

http://www.treehugger.com/natural-sciences/bi...

Jesus loves you, caw

Earth

#431894 Jan 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I just had a revelation reading your post.
Christianity has nothing to do with believing in God and Jesus. It is believing in Constantine's Bible (and it it's variants) and however a particular sect interprets it. Nothing more.
Note that they defend the Bible (esp. GoJohn and Paul) more than Jesus and God.
I have been bashed more for my rejection of PAul than mt Rejection of the ressurection. Go figure.
I won't bash you, you're searching and there's nothing wrong with that :D

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#431895 Jan 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I just had a revelation reading your post.
Christianity has nothing to do with believing in God and Jesus. It is believing in Constantine's Bible (and it it's variants) and however a particular sect interprets it. Nothing more.
Note that they defend the Bible (esp. GoJohn and Paul) more than Jesus and God.
I have been bashed more for my rejection of PAul than mt Rejection of the ressurection. Go figure.
You hadn't realized that until now? Pft, that was the entire reason they "translated" it in the first place.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#431896 Jan 1, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Not according to this Christian.
Heretic!!!!

LOL

Earth

#431898 Jan 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm at 10 working on 11. Only one on my "never list".
You near Philly ? I can help with you a couple. LOL
Again, I L- I -V -E I- N A- U- S- T- R -A- L- I -A. No Philly here as far as I know, unless it's slang for Perth. Help me? You love to engage me in factions and arguments. Lol...funny buggar...

Earth

#431899 Jan 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Heretic!!!!
LOL
What can I say? Lol...self control prevents ridicule, see? I can learn new things...lol.

Location hidden

#431900 Jan 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
You near Philly ?
Aw... philly steaks rule...LOL

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#431901 Jan 1, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't bash you, you're searching and there's nothing wrong with that :D
It's difficult not to sound condescending when saying this, but, the bible was actually written with that very intention in the first place. It was cropped, chopped, and cut up then sewn back together with the specific notion that the preachers, religious leaders, can justify commanding what they wanted the followers to do, and have a "reference" for why it's a valid position and action to take. People justify the contradictions, either by saying it "must be interpreted," while really just ignoring the parts they're told to by the preachers, or they say it's "out of context," when it's actually suppose to be taken out of context anyway. There are now four modern religions that are constructed that way, for that very reason, and one is actually a christian one with supplemental books.

The key to a good con is to trick people into thinking that it's "foolish" to doubt it, or to prey on them when they really just need some words of encouragement by giving them a cookie cutter "feel good" story. Once they are hooked you draw them in with enforcement assertions, like "you need this," or "without this you will be empty." It's how they use to sell snake oil for curing illness, same exact concept, and how they trick people into buying herbal woowoo as well. There are a lot of such scams in the modern world, really, even the conspiracy "theories" are snake oil scams. one day you may actually see this, I'm not expecting you to now, but keep watching for such things, try saying to your preacher that you doubt it, see the response, it will be "well, we all have doubts but when you use this it will be better" or something more ambiguous that makes you think you're the one making the decision, but in reality, they just made the decision for you.

The mind is a powerful tool, for when you know how it works you can manipulate the minds of other people to get what you want. Just ask any sociopath.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#431902 Jan 1, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I can certainly speak of the Southern Baptists from authority, so I can't disagree. As an organization, they rank up there with the Catholic Church and Ryan Seacrest.
I think it goes deeper than denomination though.
My personal opinion, which is worth less than an empty McDonalds bag, is that the most destructive element of monotheism was the literalizing of mythology. Is literalizing a word?
One thing you have shown is that children learn from the mistakes of their parents. That is a good thing.
Indeed...good one.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#431903 Jan 1, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't think so, I think Christ expects us to stop sinning but it doesn't happen overnight and God knows that, which is why we need the Holy Spirit to help us along. It's a process, I spent most of my life a slave to my earthly desires (sin) and now, even though in 3 years I'm like a different person, I still have a long way to go, Christianity does not = perfection, we too are prone to sin, the only difference for me anyway, is that I feel deeply remorseful when I mess up and I admit it and I try to do better next time. I was never like that before. The Bible teaches that if I truly repent in my heart, I am forgiven but there may still be a lot I'll have to answer to. So no, I wouldn't say it's a jail free card.
You seem to think that now that you are a Christian, you are better than those who have left Christianity.

You say you lived most of your life as a slave to your 'earthly desires'. It's an earthly desire to want to eat every day, to be warm in the winter, to have food for your children. I'm guessing that's not what you mean.

Since you seem to think you are better, I have some questions for you.

1. Why are you better than those who spent most of their life as a Christian, truly trying to follow Jesus' teachings? Those who spent their life not a slave to earthly desires, but in raising their children, taking them to church, teaching them to be responsible human beings? Those who took care of widows and children and the homeless when at all possible?

2. Do you think ex-Christians woke up one morning and just thought,'I want to be a slave to my earthly desires and so I'm going to leave Christianity'?

3. Do you think we live totally different lives than we did as Christians? Do you think we now go out and rob, maim and murder people, became addicted to illegal drugs or alcohol, stopped doing for those less fortunate than we, and started wearing fishnet hose and skimpy clothing and hanging out on street corners?

4. Do you think that people who have lived their lives as people who were honest in their dealings with others, worked with integrity and honesty, loved our parents, children, friends and even strangers suddenly stopped doing so?

5. Please explain just what it is that makes you better than these people just because you have become a Christian.

I find these questions very important when people are trying to convince me that they have something better than I do and act as if they ARE better.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#431904 Jan 1, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
you are not only wrong but also stupid,
if you are not able to recognize who is christian and who is not christian?
how your peanuts little stinking brain is able to know what was happen 2000 years ago?
such idiots exist not on this earth overseas,
only here this land produce cretins,idiots, psychopaths,and maniacs like you bambling nonsense and feed of sick full of ulcers belly with viomits of old pigs
Thanks for sharing, Christian.

Earth

#431905 Jan 1, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Aw... philly steaks rule...LOL
Hmmmm....steak......

Earth

#431906 Jan 1, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
It's difficult not to sound condescending when saying this, but, the bible was actually written with that very intention in the first place. It was cropped, chopped, and cut up then sewn back together with the specific notion that the preachers, religious leaders, can justify commanding what they wanted the followers to do, and have a "reference" for why it's a valid position and action to take. People justify the contradictions, either by saying it "must be interpreted," while really just ignoring the parts they're told to by the preachers, or they say it's "out of context," when it's actually suppose to be taken out of context anyway. There are now four modern religions that are constructed that way, for that very reason, and one is actually a christian one with supplemental books.
The key to a good con is to trick people into thinking that it's "foolish" to doubt it, or to prey on them when they really just need some words of encouragement by giving them a cookie cutter "feel good" story. Once they are hooked you draw them in with enforcement assertions, like "you need this," or "without this you will be empty." It's how they use to sell snake oil for curing illness, same exact concept, and how they trick people into buying herbal woowoo as well. There are a lot of such scams in the modern world, really, even the conspiracy "theories" are snake oil scams. one day you may actually see this, I'm not expecting you to now, but keep watching for such things, try saying to your preacher that you doubt it, see the response, it will be "well, we all have doubts but when you use this it will be better" or something more ambiguous that makes you think you're the one making the decision, but in reality, they just made the decision for you.
The mind is a powerful tool, for when you know how it works you can manipulate the minds of other people to get what you want. Just ask any sociopath.
I agree with a lot of what you've said but it's not that simple for me and I gotta go now but will chat later ;D

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Difference between white masons and black masons (Apr '08) 6 min Blck 312
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 8 min Blck 298
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min curiouslu 733,024
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min guest 538,992
Ladies: What is the perfect penis size for you? (Jan '11) 13 min Blck 87
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 14 min Blck 94,673
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 14 min BBS 742
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 16 min Blck 106
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Black Thunder 42 599,942
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Dr_Zorderz 258,000
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••