Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#431875 Jan 1, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Reread my post and give it some thought.
You've added nothing of value here. You're neither witty nor learned.
But, clearly, you are angry.
Your anger damages and diminishes you, no one else, child.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#431876 Jan 1, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus came for the lost and the sinners, not the righteous. Once you accept Christ and the Holy Spirit is within, most of those things fall away, one still sins but the amount of grace needed lessens over time, as one strives to stop sinning, in my experience anyway.
Then why do you hate those who are trying to follow his teachings, but just in a different way than you?

Are you less sinful than a Catholic? A Baptist? A Mormon? A Methodist? What separates you and makes you better than them? What separates you from the other 38,999 sects of Christianity in which you don't believe and makes you better? Are some of them not doing the very same thing you are doing and trying to become a better person because of their faith?

It's quite easy to divide and separate in Christianity, while at the same time counting all those others as Christians when making a point about how many people follow Jesus.

It's also quite easy to judge that other Christians are less than you because you've been taught that they are not 'true' Christians while not even knowing the book you claim to follow, much less the history of your religion.

I know. I've been there. I choose not to be there any more. I also choose not to think that I am more important to God than another person. I choose not to preach anything. I choose to find for myself what works for me, and keep silent so that others can find what works for them. But if you claim to worship the God of the Bible and follow the teachings of Jesus, and don't, I'll be more than happy to show you that you don't.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#431878 Jan 1, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Until demonstrated otherwise, the bible is the only thing we can judge a person who follows it by. It would be nice if such things were not required, but being in the minority one must know where they stand, and atheists are one of the smallest groups so we have little choice in the matter until either the dynamic changes for a more balanced world, or the majority of christians stop using their bibles as justification for heinous acts.
However assuming an atheist has no beliefs at all until demonstrated otherwise would be a valid assumption on your part, one could not fault you for that, it's the same type of assumption.
I just had a revelation reading your post.

Christianity has nothing to do with believing in God and Jesus. It is believing in Constantine's Bible (and it it's variants) and however a particular sect interprets it. Nothing more.

Note that they defend the Bible (esp. GoJohn and Paul) more than Jesus and God.

I have been bashed more for my rejection of PAul than mt Rejection of the ressurection. Go figure.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#431879 Jan 1, 2013
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
I think, despite my rejection of the whole bible/Jesus/Christianity complex I was brought up in, I am still a Southern Baptist in my marrow.
And it ain't particularly healthy.
I can relate to that.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#431880 Jan 1, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>You've added nothing of value here. You're neither witty nor learned.
But, clearly, you are angry.
Your anger damages and diminishes you, no one else, child.
I'll let your editing of my post and your theft of my words speak for themselves.

“The..”

"..who whating how with huh?"

#431881 Jan 1, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Please show how anyone has twisted your words. Please remember that you have told several lies here and have been called on them by more than one person.
No one has attacked you. A lot of people have disagreed with you.
If you think what people have done here is an 'attack', you should seriously seek counseling.
If this was a court of law, you would be forced to back up your accusations of me and others. You have made many, backed up none.
You're still playing the poor persecuted Christian. You know nothing of attacks or persecution. Ask a Christian in Kenya who has been accused of being a witch by a Christian pastor and then burned in the street about persecution. Ask a person who has been left tied by Christians to a fence post here in the US and abused and left to die because they were homosexual about persecution.
Oh, wait. You can't ask them. They're dead. That's REAL persecution. Those are REAL attacks. You sit here and whine about being attacked while sitting in your warm house, having a snack and having the ability to leave if people make you so uncomfortable that you cry. You always have the option to walk away, but you seem to need to stay where you think people are attacking you.
So stay. And whine. You're only showing your immaturity and lack of the mental ability to deal with things even children learn to deal with.
Not people, you. Lol...I don't feel persecuted, that's another blatant assumption in the form of an accusation, show me where I said I feel persecuted. Lol...speaking of children, my little ones make more sense than you do. I don't need to once again back up anything, posts are there for anyone to read, including the posts where you have attempted to engage me with outrageous comments based on my posts, you reply to and nit pick on almost everything I say. Where I have messed up, I have admitted to doing so and apologised, when I am wrong, I happily accept correction, I even accept another's opinion when I don't think I'm wrong just to avoid conflict. You make no sense to me.

“The..”

#431883 Jan 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
So "believing" has nothing to do with salvation ?
Accordingto Christians, all Hitler had to do was "belieive in Jesus" and he gets to Heaven.
According to some Christians, mudering six million Jews gets him bonus points.
Not according to this Christian.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#431884 Jan 1, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt Christ expects anything, least of all that we might stop sinning.
Haven't read the book, huh ? LOL

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#431885 Jan 1, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
It is true for me, just as it is not true for you. That's all I'm saying.
And you are wrong. That's all I'm saying.

In time you will understand.

“The..”

#431886 Jan 1, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Then why do you hate those who are trying to follow his teachings, but just in a different way than you?
Are you less sinful than a Catholic? A Baptist? A Mormon? A Methodist? What separates you and makes you better than them? What separates you from the other 38,999 sects of Christianity in which you don't believe and makes you better? Are some of them not doing the very same thing you are doing and trying to become a better person because of their faith?
It's quite easy to divide and separate in Christianity, while at the same time counting all those others as Christians when making a point about how many people follow Jesus.
It's also quite easy to judge that other Christians are less than you because you've been taught that they are not 'true' Christians while not even knowing the book you claim to follow, much less the history of your religion.
I know. I've been there. I choose not to be there any more. I also choose not to think that I am more important to God than another person. I choose not to preach anything. I choose to find for myself what works for me, and keep silent so that others can find what works for them. But if you claim to worship the God of the Bible and follow the teachings of Jesus, and don't, I'll be more than happy to show you that you don't.
I hate no one except for satan maybe. You be crazy lady. Cannot have serious discussion with you at all. Go to see Doctor Shrink, maybe he help you be not crazy.

“The..”

#431887 Jan 1, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are wrong. That's all I'm saying.
In time you will understand.
Ok. I guess time will tell.

“The..”

#431888 Jan 1, 2013
Fart HU wrote:
<quoted text>
don't LIE mister Bo
there is 41 001 sects in america and world
so
Maybe God help your brain to throw away all those devil spirits who Lie to you and others
Doc, can you please at least tell me how many personas you have? I won't tell anyone, oh and, lol.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#431889 Jan 1, 2013
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never been able to rid myself of the wearing of loud Hawaiian shirts.
Thou shalt not wear Hawaiian shirts unless thou also owneth a surfboard. Thus sayeth the Big Kahuna.- Don Ho

May you be blessed with tiny bubbles and mondo curls

Location hidden

#431890 Jan 1, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll let your editing of my post and your theft of my words speak for themselves.
Absolutely. They hold the same weight as when you spoke them. Imagine that.

“The..”

#431891 Jan 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Any "christian" who has a different interpretaion from another "christian" is not a "christian".
That is why there are 38K sects claiming they are the only "Real Christians".
Not to this Christian, teachings maybe but not individual believers.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#431892 Jan 1, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Even those who engage in sexual immorality, impurity, promiscuity, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, rivalry, jealously, outbursts of anger, quarrels, conflicts, factions, envy, murder, drunkenness, wild partying, and things like that.?
Out of the 16 things you have listed,(yes I engaged in all of them before I accepted Jesus), I only still engage in 4. Maybe in another 3 years I'll be ok :D
I'm at 10 working on 11. Only one on my "never list".

You near Philly ? I can help with you a couple. LOL

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#431893 Jan 1, 2013
Bird missionaries in China?

http://www.treehugger.com/natural-sciences/bi...

Jesus loves you, caw

“The..”

#431894 Jan 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity has nothing to do with believing in God and Jesus. It is believing in Constantine's Bible (and it it's variants) and however a particular sect interprets it. Nothing more.
I have been bashed more for my rejection of PAul than mt Rejection of the ressurection. Go figure.
I won't bash you, you're searching and there's nothing wrong with that :D

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#431895 Jan 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You hadn't realized that until now? Pft, that was the entire reason they "translated" it in the first place.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#431896 Jan 1, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Not according to this Christian.
Heretic!!!!

LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min hojo 548,223
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min It aint necessari... 749,798
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 18 min Thinking 229,848
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 53 min AussieBobby 261,595
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 96,064
40+ big black men for white sissy transvestites (Jan '13) 1 hr jemini09 4
MB7-700 Exam practice questions with answers 1 hr passokay123 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr mike 602,101
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 6 hr nikki 124

Top Stories People Search