Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus came for the lost and the sinners, not the righteous. Once you accept Christ and the Holy Spirit is within, most of those things fall away, one still sins but the amount of grace needed lessens over time, as one strives to stop sinning, in my experience anyway.
So it's a get out of jail free card.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus came for the lost and the sinners, not the righteous. Once you accept Christ and the Holy Spirit is within, most of those things fall away, one still sins but the amount of grace needed lessens over time, as one strives to stop sinning, in my experience anyway.
What a lovely fantasy.

It's not true, but it is lovely.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

love_spell wrote:
<quoted text>
supposed to get down in single digits here in northern indiana all week.
You are welcome to spend the winter here, it's in the mid 30's. <smile>

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
Cuneiform, Biblical archaeology and an I-Pad
http://whatcounts.com/dm...
I like their freebies:

http://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/free-ebook...

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
Had Paul's letters not been included in the canon they would be all be calling Paul a liar and burning his letters.
Like wise the Gospel of John. To bad the Proetestants did drop John when they had the chance. If they had, they may not have remained little more than Catholics without a Pope'.
^^^^^ DIDN'T drop John^^^^^ sorry

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
So it is very likely that a good Christian like Hitler is in Heaven.

Hmmm, I will pray to go to Hell. That seems to be where all the decent folk are.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
O Holy God
please?May have mercy on the brain of this poster named G_0_D
please? force out from this poster old boy brain this wicked legion of devil spirit tormenting this poor guy and make him insane unbeliever and psychopath denying your church foundation,like apostle Paul,John and many time YOU AS GOD ALONE
I beg you my God, help him and his bleeded poor brain with legion of devil spirits
Amen
Poe.

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't address the point of whether you were lying or not. However, your book, the one you claim to live by, is available to all, and if you're christian then that's what you claim to live by. Therefore it is possible for anyone to judge you by that.
Well, looking at it that way I suppose you're right, however, if I'm to be judged by the Bible, one needs to actually understand it. Like X and Chess seem to. Because yes I try my best to live by the Bible but it also says things like only God can judge me and Jesus came for sinners and God knows my heart and the Holy Spirit will guide me once I accept Christ. Basically, I won't be completely perfect until God's work is complete in me and as long as I truly believe and truly repent when I do sin, as long as I'm open to God's work in me, I am following Jesus. I feel truly awful when rightfully rebuked, I feel very sorry when I still sin. But even I am allowed to defend my self when wrongfully accused. I'm pretty sure anyone can do that. For example, right now I'm upset because I've been accused of saying 'I hate catholics', now I don't remember saying I 'hated' anyone, only that I don't like Catholicism as a denomination because of the things that have happened to me and others in said denomination, so I am going to spend the better part of my morning going over all my posts. I freely admit that when I first came into this thread I misjudged some people and lied about Cain's mother and f*cked up big time with the whole plagiarism thing and lost control of my temper, but I saw my errors and have apologised several times to several people, including Jesus. I don't know what more I can do.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
fantasy inside of your brain full pile of viomits and horse dung
you idiot are not even able to recognise who is christian who is not christian?
you are just sick idiot
Thanks for sharing, Christian.

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
So it is very likely that a good Christian like Hitler is in Heaven.
Hmmm, I will pray to go to Hell. That seems to be where all the decent folk are.
That makes no sense unless you know Hitler's heart but I don't believe you are God. Hitler will no doubt have to answer to God for his sins, as will I, as will you.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, looking at it that way I suppose you're right, however, if I'm to be judged by the Bible, one needs to actually understand it. Like X and Chess seem to. Because yes I try my best to live by the Bible but it also says things like only God can judge me and Jesus came for sinners and God knows my heart and the Holy Spirit will guide me once I accept Christ. Basically, I won't be completely perfect until God's work is complete in me and as long as I truly believe and truly repent when I do sin, as long as I'm open to God's work in me, I am following Jesus. I feel truly awful when rightfully rebuked, I feel very sorry when I still sin. But even I am allowed to defend my self when wrongfully accused. I'm pretty sure anyone can do that. For example, right now I'm upset because I've been accused of saying 'I hate catholics', now I don't remember saying I 'hated' anyone, only that I don't like Catholicism as a denomination because of the things that have happened to me and others in said denomination, so I am going to spend the better part of my morning going over all my posts. I freely admit that when I first came into this thread I misjudged some people and lied about Cain's mother and f*cked up big time with the whole plagiarism thing and lost control of my temper, but I saw my errors and have apologised several times to several people, including Jesus. I don't know what more I can do.
Don't pull the "interpretation" fallacy, please, it's a lame excuse for changing your personal beliefs to suit your opinion.

When you defend someone asserting a fallacious statement onto you, that's everyone's right, but it's also everyone's right to judge a statement based on the statement itself, unless backed by evidence. Religious views make no matter on the matter, so to say "non-christians cannot judge christians" is, itself, a fallacy of itself. It's also called evasion. Just show that they were lying about you lying, it's not difficult, and no one with half a brain will take the side of a person who lacks evidence to support their assertion.

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
What a lovely fantasy.
It's not true, but it is lovely.
That's your 'opinion' and you are entitled to it. You don't 'know' if it's true or not anymore than anyone else, my 'fantasy' as you say, is simply what I choose to believe and if I'm wrong and I spend my life trying to be a better person and talking to myself (praying), for naught, then so be it.

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't pull the "interpretation" fallacy, please, it's a lame excuse for changing your personal beliefs to suit your opinion.
When you defend someone asserting a fallacious statement onto you, that's everyone's right, but it's also everyone's right to judge a statement based on the statement itself, unless backed by evidence. Religious views make no matter on the matter, so to say "non-christians cannot judge christians" is, itself, a fallacy of itself. It's also called evasion. Just show that they were lying about you lying, it's not difficult, and no one with half a brain will take the side of a person who lacks evidence to support their assertion.
Fair enough. I just hope you realise that what you just said means you can't judge anyone based on the Bible, only on what they say. I also don't think I said a non Christian 'cannot' judge a Christian, I think I asked "what makes you think you have a right to tell me how to be a Christian", to that question, I could add "when you don't believe in Christianity or the Bible".
I will, thanks <3

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So it's a get out of jail free card.
No, I don't think so, I think Christ expects us to stop sinning but it doesn't happen overnight and God knows that, which is why we need the Holy Spirit to help us along. It's a process, I spent most of my life a slave to my earthly desires (sin) and now, even though in 3 years I'm like a different person, I still have a long way to go, Christianity does not = perfection, we too are prone to sin, the only difference for me anyway, is that I feel deeply remorseful when I mess up and I admit it and I try to do better next time. I was never like that before. The Bible teaches that if I truly repent in my heart, I am forgiven but there may still be a lot I'll have to answer to. So no, I wouldn't say it's a jail free card.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Even those who engage in sexual immorality, impurity, promiscuity, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, rivalry, jealously, outbursts of anger, quarrels, conflicts, factions, envy, murder, drunkenness, wild partying, and things like that.?
I quit being a christian

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair enough. I just hope you realise that what you just said means you can't judge anyone based on the Bible, only on what they say. I also don't think I said a non Christian 'cannot' judge a Christian, I think I asked "what makes you think you have a right to tell me how to be a Christian", to that question, I could add "when you don't believe in Christianity or the Bible".
I will, thanks <3
Until demonstrated otherwise, the bible is the only thing we can judge a person who follows it by. It would be nice if such things were not required, but being in the minority one must know where they stand, and atheists are one of the smallest groups so we have little choice in the matter until either the dynamic changes for a more balanced world, or the majority of christians stop using their bibles as justification for heinous acts.

However assuming an atheist has no beliefs at all until demonstrated otherwise would be a valid assumption on your part, one could not fault you for that, it's the same type of assumption.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
That's your 'opinion' and you are entitled to it. You don't 'know' if it's true or not anymore than anyone else, my 'fantasy' as you say, is simply what I choose to believe and if I'm wrong and I spend my life trying to be a better person and talking to myself (praying), for naught, then so be it.
Incorrect. It is easy to prove your fantasy to be untrue. You just did it for me.

"My 'fantasy' as you say, is simply what I choose to believe and if I'm wrong.."

Truth does not require belief. It just is, regardless of or in spite of belief.

In reality, you're simply parroting an affirmation of Christianity with no basis in truth or fact.

But thanks for sharing.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't think so, I think Christ expects us to stop sinning but it doesn't happen overnight and God knows that, which is why we need the Holy Spirit to help us along. It's a process, I spent most of my life a slave to my earthly desires (sin) and now, even though in 3 years I'm like a different person, I still have a long way to go, Christianity does not = perfection, we too are prone to sin, the only difference for me anyway, is that I feel deeply remorseful when I mess up and I admit it and I try to do better next time. I was never like that before. The Bible teaches that if I truly repent in my heart, I am forgiven but there may still be a lot I'll have to answer to. So no, I wouldn't say it's a jail free card.
I doubt Christ expects anything, least of all that we might stop sinning.

“What do I know?”

Since: Apr 08

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I can certainly speak of the Southern Baptists from authority, so I can't disagree. As an organization, they rank up there with the Catholic Church and Ryan Seacrest.
I think it goes deeper than denomination though.
My personal opinion, which is worth less than an empty McDonalds bag, is that the most destructive element of monotheism was the literalizing of mythology. Is literalizing a word?
One thing you have shown is that children learn from the mistakes of their parents. That is a good thing.
I think, despite my rejection of the whole bible/Jesus/Christianity complex I was brought up in, I am still a Southern Baptist in my marrow.

And it ain't particularly healthy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

400 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
more instagram followers (Dec '13) 19 min Emma Hester 7
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 26 min danetoo 115,487
Difference between white masons and black masons (Apr '08) 32 min Lil-Sis33 301
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 41 min truth 533,294
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 48 min uIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE 242
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr sweets2360 721,945
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr The Awakener 172,516
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 hr WasteWater 256,838
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 13 hr SimmerExtreme 85
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••