Comments
407,761 - 407,780 of 441,212 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#431818 Jan 1, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
That makes a lot of sense actually, I used to be ok with society in general then when I became I Christian I often felt like I didn't fit in with other Christians, then I got to feeling like as my personality and behaviours changed, I didn't really fit in with my former friends either. Now I just feel like I'm in limbo. Thank you Chess, I might try to find that book. Thank for pointing out that I'm rejecting a major theme in my religion too, no one has ever said that to me before, gave me a bit of a jolt but hey, I probably needed it.
Happy New Year <3
A timeout in limbo is not always a bad thing.

Happy new year.

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

#431819 Jan 1, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Based on your assertion here, there should be an entire different court system and laws for every religious belief, or lack of. That's not a country, it's called anarchy.
Court system? Topix is a forum and I don't see how it's ok for someone who left the faith to tell me how to be a Christian, constantly, whilst twisting my words, calling me a liar whilst lying about what I've actually said and attacking me over everything, even the time. If this was a Court of Law, the case would get dismissed.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#431820 Jan 1, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not. There is grace for all those who ask for it
Even those who engage in sexual immorality, impurity, promiscuity, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, rivalry, jealously, outbursts of anger, quarrels, conflicts, factions, envy, murder, drunkenness, wild partying, and things like that.?

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#431821 Jan 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Even those who engage in sexual immorality, impurity, promiscuity, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, rivalry, jealously, outbursts of anger, quarrels, conflicts, factions, envy, murder, drunkenness, wild partying, and things like that.?
yes

“Love much, trust none”

There

#431822 Jan 1, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably so. Certainly nothing near to Paul's teaching.
Agreed.

Had Paul's letters not been included in the canon they would be all be calling Paul a liar and burning his letters.

Like wise the Gospel of John. To bad the Proetestants did drop John when they had the chance. If they had, they may not have remained little more than Catholics without a Pope'.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#431823 Jan 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I sure hope so. Well, at least for wild partiers, anyway.

Happy new year, G_O_D.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#431824 Jan 1, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Court system? Topix is a forum and I don't see how it's ok for someone who left the faith to tell me how to be a Christian, constantly, whilst twisting my words, calling me a liar whilst lying about what I've actually said and attacking me over everything, even the time. If this was a Court of Law, the case would get dismissed.
you are getting to know the chumps on here Juicy... they are vipers

“Love much, trust none”

There

#431825 Jan 1, 2013
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
Curious thing about atheists: We don't feel the need to group together regularly to sing songs, study scripture or otherwise mutually reinforce our beliefs.
In fact the very idea sounds a little silly, doesn't it?
Actually we do, that is what concerts and universities are for.

LOL

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#431826 Jan 1, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't address the point of whether you were lying or not. However, your book, the one you claim to live by, is available to all, and if you're christian then that's what you claim to live by. Therefore it is possible for anyone to judge you by that.

Earth

#431827 Jan 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>Even those who engage in sexual immorality, impurity, promiscuity, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, rivalry, jealously, outbursts of anger, quarrels, conflicts, factions, envy, murder, drunkenness, wild partying, and things like that.?
Jesus came for the lost and the sinners, not the righteous. Once you accept Christ and the Holy Spirit is within, most of those things fall away, one still sins but the amount of grace needed lessens over time, as one strives to stop sinning, in my experience anyway.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#431828 Jan 1, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus came for the lost and the sinners, not the righteous. Once you accept Christ and the Holy Spirit is within, most of those things fall away, one still sins but the amount of grace needed lessens over time, as one strives to stop sinning, in my experience anyway.
So it's a get out of jail free card.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#431829 Jan 1, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
What a lovely fantasy.

It's not true, but it is lovely.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#431830 Jan 1, 2013
love_spell wrote:
<quoted text>
supposed to get down in single digits here in northern indiana all week.
You are welcome to spend the winter here, it's in the mid 30's. <smile>

“Love much, trust none”

There

#431831 Jan 1, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
Cuneiform, Biblical archaeology and an I-Pad
http://whatcounts.com/dm...
I like their freebies:

http://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/free-ebook...

“Love much, trust none”

There

#431834 Jan 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
Had Paul's letters not been included in the canon they would be all be calling Paul a liar and burning his letters.
Like wise the Gospel of John. To bad the Proetestants did drop John when they had the chance. If they had, they may not have remained little more than Catholics without a Pope'.
^^^^^ DIDN'T drop John^^^^^ sorry

“Love much, trust none”

There

#431835 Jan 1, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
So it is very likely that a good Christian like Hitler is in Heaven.

Hmmm, I will pray to go to Hell. That seems to be where all the decent folk are.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#431836 Jan 1, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
O Holy God
please?May have mercy on the brain of this poster named G_0_D
please? force out from this poster old boy brain this wicked legion of devil spirit tormenting this poor guy and make him insane unbeliever and psychopath denying your church foundation,like apostle Paul,John and many time YOU AS GOD ALONE
I beg you my God, help him and his bleeded poor brain with legion of devil spirits
Amen
Poe.

Earth

#431838 Jan 1, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't address the point of whether you were lying or not. However, your book, the one you claim to live by, is available to all, and if you're christian then that's what you claim to live by. Therefore it is possible for anyone to judge you by that.
Well, looking at it that way I suppose you're right, however, if I'm to be judged by the Bible, one needs to actually understand it. Like X and Chess seem to. Because yes I try my best to live by the Bible but it also says things like only God can judge me and Jesus came for sinners and God knows my heart and the Holy Spirit will guide me once I accept Christ. Basically, I won't be completely perfect until God's work is complete in me and as long as I truly believe and truly repent when I do sin, as long as I'm open to God's work in me, I am following Jesus. I feel truly awful when rightfully rebuked, I feel very sorry when I still sin. But even I am allowed to defend my self when wrongfully accused. I'm pretty sure anyone can do that. For example, right now I'm upset because I've been accused of saying 'I hate catholics', now I don't remember saying I 'hated' anyone, only that I don't like Catholicism as a denomination because of the things that have happened to me and others in said denomination, so I am going to spend the better part of my morning going over all my posts. I freely admit that when I first came into this thread I misjudged some people and lied about Cain's mother and f*cked up big time with the whole plagiarism thing and lost control of my temper, but I saw my errors and have apologised several times to several people, including Jesus. I don't know what more I can do.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#431839 Jan 1, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
fantasy inside of your brain full pile of viomits and horse dung
you idiot are not even able to recognise who is christian who is not christian?
you are just sick idiot
Thanks for sharing, Christian.

Earth

#431840 Jan 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
So it is very likely that a good Christian like Hitler is in Heaven.
Hmmm, I will pray to go to Hell. That seems to be where all the decent folk are.
That makes no sense unless you know Hitler's heart but I don't believe you are God. Hitler will no doubt have to answer to God for his sins, as will I, as will you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Stilgar Fifrawi 734,062
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Eagle 12 226,567
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 9 min Tender Mercies 4,167
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min June VanDerMark 539,574
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 12 min Jim Justice 118,137
Last Word + 2 14 min Tender Mercies 560
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 44 min RADEKT 258,221
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Stephania capitani 600,207
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••