Why I’m no longer a Christian

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#431776 Jan 1, 2013
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning and a Happy New Year to you. Took off a few months, cause I figured out sooner or later Knowledge and that bunch would give out and move on. How is your son doing in his recovery? And your back? Hoping this will be a much better year.
My son is still making progress, and thank you for asking.

Happy New Year to you also. I think this started out to be a wonderful year and expect more of the same.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#431777 Jan 1, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> I hope that was an 'Aha moment' for you. The search for truth begins by looking at yourself and your own views of your religion. Also, your own reaction to others of your own religion. If you truly believe the Bible, you won't hate anyone and you will especially not try to divide your own God's people. Most of those who have left Christianity finally saw this.
I have to admit I really don't understand most of your posts to me. You seem to assume a lot about me which I find strange as you don't know me at all. I don't hate anyone and try to be accepting and open to anyone. I may not like what certain denominations teach but I don't have anything against individual people who believe teachings that I don't agree with, because I know and have seen and experienced believing in lies that come to pain and destruction. I am wary of anything that is not Biblical but at the same time I do not claim to know better or to be better than anyone. In my life I try my best to follow God's and Jesus' teachings, however imperfect I may be.
My feeling uncomfortable around other Christians is not only because I don't agree with them, it is also because I feel like I'm so different to them. My fear of church is only trauma which I'm sure that in time will heal just as many other traumas have. Another thing I find hard to comprehend is how someone, like yourself, who has abandoned Christ, feels they have the right to verbally stone any Christian, even the abusive ones but especially the ones who are genuine in their faith and try their best. I can't quite work out why you treat me the way that you do, if I am so very repulsive to you or you are incapable of forgiving the mistakes I have made, why not just ignore me? Why come after me daily? This is a public forum is it not? What do you mean by divide and conquer? How can you presume to know my views on my religion when I haven't even worked them out yet? All I can say I do know is that I love God, Jesus and the Bible. Everything else is confusion for me. Mainly because I don't trust clergy of any kind. There are those Christians, whom I try to emulate, whom I do trust but sometimes don't feel like I'm good enough to be around, my issues are my own and I don't want to burden them. Why am I here? Why is anyone here? To get different viewpoints, to talk to others, to debate issues, out of loneliness, to troll, to fight, to argue, to make friends etc...There are many reasons for anyone to be here. I personally am not here to fight or upset or anger others but at the same time I find it difficult to control my emotions in certain situations. Does it mean I love Jesus any less? No, it doesn't, it just means I'm human. I don't know what your motivation for harassing and rudely challenging me is but if you think you know me, you're wrong, if you think I'll learn anything from you with the way you approach me, you're wrong, if you think I'm brainless because I chose Christ, you're wrong, if you think my beliefs stem from anyone telling me what I should believe, you're very wrong. Many of your assumptions and judgements of me have been wrong. You got my attention though, because before coming on topix I had not personally experienced much hatred towards Christians, it inspired me to find out why, by reading and by searching my own memory. A lot of ex Christians have been treated very cruelly by Christians but I don't believe I am or ever have been cruel to any one person based on their beliefs. I've seen a lot of people post that a Christian is a liar because they believe a lie, and Christians talk about Atheists being liars and Pagans being liars because they believe lies. It's all a matter of perspective I think.

Location hidden

#431778 Jan 1, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> I hope that was an 'Aha moment' for you. The search for truth begins by looking at yourself and your own views of your religion. Also, your own reaction to others of your own religion. If you truly believe the Bible, you won't hate anyone and you will especially not try to divide your own God's people. Most of those who have left Christianity finally saw this.
Cont...
To me, it's ok for a fellow Christian to rebuke me and vice versa, Jesus taught us to do that but for unbelievers to rebuke us and vice versa? I don't agree with that, especially when non Christians don't want to know a thing that a Christian has to say. If you just want to fight me and hate me that's your choice, but know that I will not fight back, there are too many people fighting hatefully on topix as it is, nothing wrong with a good clean fair debate and light banter but I'm not interested in warfare.
Peace <3

Just Results

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#431779 Jan 1, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not surprised you can't understand. If you had half a brain you'd be a half-wit...
This is the hatred that stirs around in the noggin of an athetard. No wonder you're going to Hell.

Location hidden

#431780 Jan 1, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>This is the hatred that stirs around in the noggin of an athetard. No wonder you're going to Hell.
That's not nice Doctor Socks. Where's the love brother?

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

#431781 Jan 1, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
If one walks into the santuary of a Catholic church/cathedral/basilica one will almost always see 10 different wall hangings, each with one of the 10 commandments.
For a good time:
Ask the priest what happened to the commandment against graven images.
Exodus 20:4
You are not to make for yourselves an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above, or on earth below, or in the water under the earth.
LOL!!!!!!!!

my mom told me [when i was a little girl] that is why the *whispers* catholics are hell bound.

after a couple of seconds, i asked why they felt it was "ok" to send us to a catholic school if catholics were so sinful.......

she said that as long as i closed my ears to their religious teachings, it was ok..........

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#431782 Jan 1, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell is Costco on a Sunday. I've already been there.
Eat my shit.
or ALDI's on the day all the amish show up.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#431783 Jan 1, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I have arthritis in my knees ... gah, I so hate this cold.
supposed to get down in single digits here in northern indiana all week.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#431784 Jan 1, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to admit I really don't understand most of your posts to me. You seem to assume a lot about me which I find strange as you don't know me at all. I don't hate anyone and try to be accepting and open to anyone. I may not like what certain denominations teach but I don't have anything against individual people who believe teachings that I don't agree with, because I know and have seen and experienced believing in lies that come to pain and destruction. I am wary of anything that is not Biblical but at the same time I do not claim to know better or to be better than anyone. In my life I try my best to follow God's and Jesus' teachings, however imperfect I may be.
*your post clipped for space*

Yet you stated early on that you 'hate Catholics'. So you were either dishonest then, or you are dishonest now. I think it's now.

You're correct. It's all a matter of perspective.

However, when one does tell a lie here, it is not usually just because they are a Christian, but a liar in general. Look at your Christian buddy just results and tell me you think he's disliked because he's a Christian, or disliked because he claims something higher than those who are not Christian and acts like a jackass.

None of you seem to get the fact that it is YOU who are being judged. And you're being judged by the very book in which you claim to believe, whether or not you attend a church or not.

You have a hard time understanding why someone who followed the gospel for 50 years and knows what the Bible says can tell a Christian they are not following those teachings? Why is that hard for you? I think it bothers you that many of us spent much more time in study and can judge you by the measuring stick YOU brought to the forum to judge others. You think it should go only one way...you getting to judge people by your book but not being judged by it. It doesn't work that way.

People walk away from Christianity all the time. You and others here are a prime example of part of the reason. We do not wish to be associated with you. Period. Only you can change that.

Just Results

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#431785 Jan 1, 2013
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just Results could always go to Africa and watch the current brand of christians burning the little children that they declair are witches. Should be a number one tourist attraction to any practicing christian. Make your reservations today.
You're making up stuff again for your hate cult, atheism.

Just Results

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#431786 Jan 1, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> *your post clipped for space*
Yet you stated early on that you 'hate Catholics'. So you were either dishonest then, or you are dishonest now. I think it's now.
You're correct. It's all a matter of perspective.
However, when one does tell a lie here, it is not usually just because they are a Christian, but a liar in general. Look at your Christian buddy just results and tell me you think he's disliked because he's a Christian, or disliked because he claims something higher than those who are not Christian and acts like a jackass.
None of you seem to get the fact that it is YOU who are being judged. And you're being judged by the very book in which you claim to believe, whether or not you attend a church or not.
You have a hard time understanding why someone who followed the gospel for 50 years and knows what the Bible says can tell a Christian they are not following those teachings? Why is that hard for you? I think it bothers you that many of us spent much more time in study and can judge you by the measuring stick YOU brought to the forum to judge others. You think it should go only one way...you getting to judge people by your book but not being judged by it. It doesn't work that way.
People walk away from Christianity all the time. You and others here are a prime example of part of the reason. We do not wish to be associated with you. Period. Only you can change that.
Thanks for letting us know what a coward you are.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#431787 Jan 1, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Cont...
To me, it's ok for a fellow Christian to rebuke me and vice versa, Jesus taught us to do that but for unbelievers to rebuke us and vice versa? I don't agree with that, especially when non Christians don't want to know a thing that a Christian has to say. If you just want to fight me and hate me that's your choice, but know that I will not fight back, there are too many people fighting hatefully on topix as it is, nothing wrong with a good clean fair debate and light banter but I'm not interested in warfare.
Peace <3
So you think you are above rebuke when it comes from the knowledge of your own holy book? Why should you be exempt from rebuke from anyone when your behavior does not match what you say you believe.

This is the 'holier-than-thou' attitude which is so despised here because, quite frankly, you're not.

I don't hate anyone. You see hate where there is only opinion of your behavior. It's the Christian persecution complex that you and others are so happy to embrace.

If you're not interested in warfare, put down your weapons. That's the best way I know not to be at war.

You come here with the attitude that you are better than non-Christians simply because you have a belief we don't embrace. Then you whine that you are being 'attacked' and that people hate you simply because you are called on your bad behavior.

I realize that you don't even see it as bad behavior. But if people keep reminding you that you are not following the teachings which you claim to follow, maybe some day you will get it.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#431788 Jan 1, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not nice Doctor Socks. Where's the love brother?
Where is your love for your fellow Christians the Catholics. You are good at recognizing the splinter in another's eye.

You cannot rebuke a fellow Christian for their hate while you hate a whole section of mankind. Or don't you understand that? Clean up your own heart first. Then talk to your fellow Christians about their 'sins'.

But it is good that you recognize why people on this thread are so distrusting of most of the Christians here.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#431789 Jan 1, 2013
Okay, ya'll have a great New Year's Day dinner and root for Georgia in the game this afternoon! See ya later.
Franny Cunningham

United States

#431790 Jan 1, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the hatred that stirs around in the noggin of an athetard. No wonder you're going to Hell.
Take your pick
http://i.imgur.com/QgxTE.jpg

“Peace Love”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#431791 Jan 1, 2013
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
Curious thing about atheists: We don't feel the need to group together regularly to sing songs, study scripture or otherwise mutually reinforce our beliefs.
In fact the very idea sounds a little silly, doesn't it?
It sure does...very silly actually.

“Peace Love”

Location hidden

#431792 Jan 1, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> I can help take those items off your hands. While I don't drink beer, I can help you with a party where we can get rid of all of it.
Haha...sounds great!!!

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#431793 Jan 1, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw, you take jokes too seriously, how sad that you don't have a funny bone. You should take lessons from Clown, he at least has a sense of humor.
do you know how many times that fundie christurd has come on this thread and posted he wishes atheists to die. in such zeal, it had to be considered religigasms. religigasms of that magnitude are considered masturbation.

he is a donkey, braying about what he thinks are long ears on another.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#431794 Jan 1, 2013
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist churches.
I love it.
We will gather at the river....
river styx?!

“Peace Love”

Location hidden

#431795 Jan 1, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
The hatred is wishing someone to your hell place.
The reality is you will begin acting out your wishes.
The question is when will you begin acting out those wishes.

You've been reported to the authorities. You are dangerous.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 4 min Freebird USA 7,696
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Gabriel 982,341
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 13 min Squirrel Pot Pie 123,773
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 29 min ECT 4Troll Heretics 681,916
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 41 min Tony 6,371
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Charlie Sheen 286,546
Exit the Jewtrix-Free Conspiracy Documentary 2 hr Sparrow 1
More from around the web