Why I’m no longer a Christian

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#431736 Jan 1, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Pro Tip:
If you want to unite Christianity, saying that other Christians are not Christians is probably not the best place to start.
You sound just like a Catholic.
*snicker*
I sound just like a Catholic???
I'm off to *sob* cuddle my *sob* stuffed monkey and cry.....*sob sniffle*

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#431737 Jan 1, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Unite Christianity? Lol..I have no such ambitions, I'm just a person like any other, I have my traumas and my views and opinions like everyone else, I know churches can do a lot of good in communities but I'm also aware of the damage they can do, I'll keep my trap shut about my views on the Catholic church as I do not wish to offend anyone.
Peace <3
Galatians 5:19-21
Now the actions of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity, promiscuity, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, rivalry, jealously, outbursts of anger, quarrels, conflicts, factions, envy, murder, drunkenness, wild partying, and things like that. I am telling you now, as I have told you in the past, that people who practice such things will

not
inherit
the
kingdom of God.

"hatred, rivalry, jealousy, outbursts of anger, quarrels, conflicts, factions, envy.."

Sucks to be you, fleshy Christian. Or do you not actually believe the book either?

:)

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#431738 Jan 1, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I sound just like a Catholic???
I'm off to *sob* cuddle my *sob* stuffed monkey and cry.....*sob sniffle*
Fortunately,

I'm not your judge. I don't question your Christianity.

Your book is your judge.

So either the book is wrong, or you are wrong.

Care to tell me which one is wrong?

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#431739 Jan 1, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Fortunately,
I'm not your judge. I don't question your Christianity.
Your book is your judge.
So either the book is wrong, or you are wrong.
Care to tell me which one is wrong?
Me of course.
God knows my heart and my pain, far more than anyone who reads my posts. God's opinion of me is the only one that matters.
You are right in what you say though, I am still quite a fleshy Christian but I don't claim or think that I am better than anyone. I still have much learning and growing to do. Not sure what set you off this time but whatever it was I apologise.
Peace <3

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#431740 Jan 1, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Me of course.
God knows my heart and my pain, far more than anyone who reads my posts. God's opinion of me is the only one that matters.
You are right in what you say though, I am still quite a fleshy Christian but I don't claim or think that I am better than anyone. I still have much learning and growing to do. Not sure what set you off this time but whatever it was I apologise.
Peace <3
You didn't set me off.

Didn't I just quote you "God's" opinion?

Or should I just rip that page out of the Bible?

Here's the dilemma, as I see it.

You say Catholics aren't Christians, but according the the Bible, you don't make the cut either.

Is there only enough grace for you?

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#431741 Jan 1, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>You didn't set me off.

Didn't I just quote you "God's" opinion?

Or should I just rip that page out of the Bible?

Here's the dilemma, as I see it.

You say Catholics aren't Christians, but according the the Bible, you don't make the cut either.

Is there only enough grace for you?
Of course not. There is grace for all those who ask for it

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#431742 Jan 1, 2013
May all you guys be wonderfully blessed and highly favored this year and may God cause all that you set your hands to do be prosperous for His glory.
Rosa Winkel

East Maitland, Australia

#431743 Jan 1, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>I thought they were supposed to remove their church status because so many people complained about them?
Is that the latest?

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#431744 Jan 1, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Unite Christianity? Lol..I have no such ambitions, I'm just a person like any other, I have my traumas and my views and opinions like everyone else, I know churches can do a lot of good in communities but I'm also aware of the damage they can do, I'll keep my trap shut about my views on the Catholic church as I do not wish to offend anyone.
Peace <3
Churches are central to Christianity and to Jesus' message as portrayed in the canon. Whether that portrayal is accurate or not is anyone's guess.

"[W]here two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."

-- Matthew 18:20 (NIV)

And when I say "churches", I mean Christian communities, not buildings.

Crossan* believes the heart of Christianity is “magic and meal or miracle and table.” By that he means he believes Jesus offered an “ecstatic vision and social program [that] sought to rebuild a society upward from its grass roots … on principles of religious and economic egalitarianism, with free healing brought directly to the peasant homes and free sharing of whatever they had in return”. For Jesus, this usually was food and shelter, at least as portrayed in the NT. In John, for example, Jesus dines at Lazarus’ home, having raised him from the dead, at least according to the myth. This seems to fit the paradigm of miracle and meal that Crossan sees. And of course the last supper fits it to a tee -- pizza and beer with friends before performing the ultimate miracle.

I have noticed that the worst behaved Christian on Topix often express disdain for churches -- Christian communities. A Christian's rejection of churches is not the same as a non-believer's rejection. A nonbeliever rejects the goal, the message, not the social order. A Christian is rejecting the social order as well as a major theme in his own religion.

I interpret this to mean many Christians who have a problem with the concept of a church likely don't fit well in any social structure and, probably, a key role of religion in that Christian's life is to justify why he is right and the world is wrong and why he doesn't fit well in society.

But, hey, I'm not Dr. Phil.

* Crossan, The Historical Jesus (HarperCollins, 1993), p.304 and p. xii.

Columbus, OH

#431745 Jan 1, 2013
the worst behaved Christian = the worst behaved Christians

“SPEBSQSA”

Since: Aug 08

Maryland

#431746 Jan 1, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahahaha. LMBO. I never said I "wanted" to murder. You are so funny.
Actually you represent the epidemy of a mass murderer.
You have, in dozens of posts, proclaimed your desire and pleasure of seeing people drowning in the fire of your hell place.
It's only a matter of time before you begin to act out those desires. The only way to get to your hell place is to be dead. The only way you can get people dead so you can fulfill your fantisy is to murder them.

You've been reported and are probably being watched.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#431747 Jan 1, 2013
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist churches.
I love it.
We will gather at the river....
all of us?

chit, how about a little notice next time.

“SPEBSQSA”

Maryland

#431748 Jan 1, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey...I forgot to tell you my good news. I got a certificate in the mail Friday. When I opened it..my mouth dropped..I made The DEANS LIST my first semester in college...yipppeeeee!!!!!!! Grade point average of 3.40 I was shocked but the proof is hanging right above my computer. hard work truly pays off :)
That's great news Grace!!!
Happy New Year and keep up the good grades.

“SPEBSQSA”

Maryland

#431749 Jan 1, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>I thought they were supposed to remove their church status because so many people complained about them?
Not yet but they are working on it. They would be classified as a hate group.

“SPEBSQSA”

Maryland

#431750 Jan 1, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
I believe that the people that like to point fingers, play the blame game, and scorn others for their opinions or beliefs are doing more harm to themselves than others, regardless of faith or opinion. In my own opinion, they have closed themselves off to life. I can not imagine living a life where I dislike someone just because of their belief/opinion. I find it amazing that some seem to prescribe, don’t question just believe. If you do not question, how do you know what you believe?
So in the spirit of last year going to give a shout out to my peeps, new and old:
I hope I don’t miss anyone!
DoC -thank you for starting all of this, Water- as always thank you for being you and sharing what you do, Mac-thank you for the laughs and laughs, X-thank you for making me mad at first and making more sense now, AnnieJ- you are a light my friend, Hagen-miss you here girl, Mr. Wiggley you were one of the newbie’s last year - I truly enjoy reading you, Huh - thank you for being so blunt, Disgusted - where are you?, BT42 - don‘t think you are as simple as you lead others to read, SatansDaughter- it was good to see you posting again, Ooogah - still have not found the tea pot my friend, Wilderide - always a pleasure to read you here and wish you would post more, BlackSheep - miss you man, HipG - always a pleasure to read, Love_spell - wishing you and yours all the best, NorCal - I hope you are safe and thank you for your service, BBJ - where the heck are ya?, Allen(?) who are you now, MoonWindDancer - you were the first to comment to me and wish you well, AC - trying to learn by osmosis…I don’t think its going so well, G_O_D you were a newbie last year as well - thank you for making me think my friend, Kitten - we have not typed much - but I like you, Kait - you make me blush, T-Clown not sure what to say other than the thread would not be the same without you, Grace - I honestly like reading you, WasteWater - never typed you but welcome newbie, Mylan - Welcome newbie and I have enjoyed our discussions so far, and Juicylu welcome to the thread.
Wishing *everyone* a happy and healthy new year! Here is to more question’s than answers my friends ;O) I am out of time as I have to pop the Champaign….
All that is left to say is…..Hagen’s Fault!!!
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TSHQAVD...
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TSHQAVD...
Happy New Year NS4M...let's make this one even better than the last.

Columbus, OH

#431751 Jan 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
IMHO All Jesus taught was something akin to modern Reform Judaism.
Probably so. Certainly nothing near to Paul's teaching.

“SPEBSQSA”

Maryland

#431752 Jan 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
Happy New Year Everyone!!!!!!
Same back at 'cha...
Be safe.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#431753 Jan 1, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Right back atcha Juicy!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR
Happy New year!

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#431754 Jan 1, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Peace <3
the catholic church assembled the bible, still have the original documentation on file.

are the original christians (along with the orthodox they deny)

are the largest christian sect

are the best alter-boy rapists
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#431755 Jan 1, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Hope your midnight was as good as cookies and milk with a darling 10 year old.
That's cute :-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 15 min teqy2000 79
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min marge 653,902
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 31 min onemale 281,854
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 41 min bad bob 183,170
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 43 min lightbeamrider 106,495
rajkot to chotila gey sex (Nov '15) 1 hr samir 19
Looking for Female Yorkie to mate with my male ... (Mar '13) 1 hr Miguel 169
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 hr Insults Are Easier 63,721
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 hr Gabriel 973,749
More from around the web